Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (466978 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (538) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:39am On Oct 06, 2023
hustla:

Post nut clarity grin

You'll start to think like "Even if na Pixel 8 Pro i use this money buy, e better na"

grin

You have been in that position....... many many times .........πŸ˜‚πŸ˜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Knowlegeseeking: 7:40am On Oct 06, 2023
Thank you.

bigtt76:
I think there's an option to state you don't have the details or something but in the event that you use an estimated date, you will need to stick with that date as you continue applying for other visas for her in the future to ensure consistency .

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Knowlegeseeking: 7:43am On Oct 06, 2023
Thank you Taal.

I am filling the form as her, acknowledging the form was filled by herself.

I will put it accurately.

Thanks again.

Taal17:

Use additional information part of the application and explain you guessed the age because you're are not sure
Are you the one filling for her as a representative or you're just filling the form and she's still the person acknowledging that the form was filled by her.
The reason I asked this is that in the additional information section if you are filling that part as a representative it would read..grandpas date of birth details are an estimate because mum does not know the exact date.
That's different from writing I am not sure of my father's exact date of birth the details filled are an estimate.
Let her print out form for reference in the future.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 8:35am On Oct 06, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I don't blame you, jare.......πŸ˜‚

Do it outside ke ...... After all the chasing, one second after everywhere don burst, eyes go clear........😁

You start to calculate cost vs effort........ The weird moment of realization hits you hard ........πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
I no get strength for wahala grin. I never finish the one I dey do inside sef
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:32am On Oct 06, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You have been in that position....... many many times .........πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

I can neither confirm nor deny

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Aafulenu(f): 9:55am On Oct 06, 2023
I have tried searching for this, and I apologise if this has been addressed before.

My spouse and I have just applied to switch from the student visa to a skilled worker visa. We are yet to do this for the kids (3) and their current visa expires at the end of October.
How would this affect them if we are unable to make an application before their current visa ends?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 10:40am On Oct 06, 2023
hustla:

Post nut clarity grin

You'll start to think like "Even if na Pixel 8 Pro i use this money buy, e better na"

grin
Talking from experience grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Iruobe1987: 11:40am On Oct 06, 2023
Nwakatamary:
My daughter did her biometrics on the 1st of June, and her passport was delivered on the 2nd of October.

It took 4 months.

Please did you track the application online after biometrics? Did you get any notification prior to receiving the passport on the 2nd ?
Just want to be sure because i might be at work and I don't miss the delivery date
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Toshtos: 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
Guys, please recommend the best VPN to use on Amazon Firestick for streaming IPTV.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by heroshark(m): 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nwakatamary:
My daughter did her biometrics on the 1st of June, and her passport was delivered on the 2nd of October.

It took 4 months.

Did my biometrics on the 17th of July, passport delivery 23rd of August. Omo I shock 😲.

I was expecting the process to take atleast 3months.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 1:24pm On Oct 06, 2023
marylandcakes:

Gaming chair is better because most are ergonomic.

This work from home thing sef... It just can't be like office settings. That team energy is just not there...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 1:29pm On Oct 06, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I don't blame you, jare.......πŸ˜‚

Do it outside ke ...... After all the chasing, one second after everywhere don burst, eyes go clear........😁

You start to calculate cost vs effort........ The weird moment of realization hits you hard ........πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

This bros na real OG, one of those guys who enjoyed the "chase" more than the "prize" πŸ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:50pm On Oct 06, 2023
babajeje123:

Talking from experience grin

grin wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2023
ehizario2012:

This work from home thing sef... It just can't be like office settings. That team energy is just not there...

I prefer wfh over office abeg

Who team energy epp when you consider transport costs and cold. Nothing like logging in for work from your bed and joining meeting inside kitchen

grin

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2023
Toshtos:
Guys, please recommend the best VPN to use on Amazon Firestick for streaming IPTV.

Try Express VPN

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Bourne007(m): 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2023
As this will be classified as overstaying, the guidance unfortunately doesn't say basically anything about children except the attached pic. Though there isn't any specific guidance I can find on the ukvi page, Citizens Advice advises the below link.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immigration/deportation-and-living-in-the-uk-illegally/if-your-child-is-living-in-the-uk-illegally/#:~:text=Your%20child%20will%20be%20living,legally%20before%20they're%2018.

Though there's a 14-day grace period to renew their visas but you have to provide a solid reason as to why and provide evidence(s).

You can still send your kids under 16 to school and use emergency services (overstayer's rights).

you should apply before it expires to avoid unnecessary issue(s).

Aafulenu:
I have tried searching for this, and I apologise if this has been addressed before.

My spouse and I have just applied to switch from the student visa to a skilled worker visa. We are yet to do this for the kids (3) and their current visa expires at the end of October.
How would this affect them if we are unable to make an application before their current visa ends?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2023
Aafulenu:

They become overstayers.

Do your best to apply before their visas expire.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kumbhuru: 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2023
pretty1986:
Thanks for your response.Alot of Nurses here in Nigeria are getting frustrated, because they are finding it difficult to get job offer in UK.Infact,most employers needs nurses that are already in uk and have pin already.That is most of them are looking for a way to enter uk first and search for a Job, since they couldn't get job offer while here in Nigeria.So,am advising my Wife to apply for Masters in Public health which is One year course, while doing the program she will sit for OSCE in order to get Uk pin and become uk registered Nurse and start working part time as a UK nurse,then when she finish her One year program in public health,she will then switch to tier 2,so that she can be eligible to bring her husband and kid to join her in uk.We intend to execute the plan next year.Pls any more better advise for us?
Intresting move. You can also use the money to do self sponsorship for OSCE. She sponsor herself for OSCE, get pin and apply for jobs. Come back to Nigeria and apply for the right visa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 6:15pm On Oct 06, 2023
Hi,

Anyone get avios or voucher to sell for Qatar airways ?

Want to make a booking.

Or anyone know of a promo to apply to reduce my pay a little.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2023
Schoolhike:
Hi,

Anyone get avios or voucher to sell for Qatar airways ?

Want to make a booking.

Or anyone know of a promo to apply to reduce my pay a little.

Is it possible to transfer Avios?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 6:30pm On Oct 06, 2023
Knowlegeseeking:
Hi Guys,

Please I need help.

I am filling out a visa application for my mum for the purpose of attending my graduation.

1. Is it normal in the application process to to request details of her parent? lol, it is kind of funny and i just wanted to get clarity.
2. I have gotten to the pay part on the application and i do not see anywhere to upload documents, and it says if i continue after this page, i will not be able to make any changes. Please is the uploading part after payment?

It is after u pay for visa you will pay for biometric. Pls i beg u upload as much evidence and proof as possible

Explain her outflow and inflow
Upload her home ties
Let her spend just one week only when she enter u can shift her return ticket
If u will be sponsoring her send the money inside her account

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 6:37pm On Oct 06, 2023
Please guys i know it has been discussed here before but i cant find it again i have searched and searched. I want to know ow i can ask for ihs refund for someone in care over 6months but wanting to changing the payment details because the first payment details is not valid anymore.

Second is, is project management part of the job that can qualify for t2 cus i know there are list of jobs i no see pm there o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Meogom: 8:06am On Oct 07, 2023
Good morning my good people. Trying to set up DD for energy, abeg which one is better fixed or standard variable tariff.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by UniqueDext: 8:28am On Oct 07, 2023
Hello,
I have double room am looking to share with someone, its around Eltham and about 30mins to Canary Wharf through north greenwich Station
Hit me up if your interested
babajeje123:
Need someone I can share a room with or someone who has a room but looking to share so as to split bills. Location is London preferably Canary wharf or Whitechapel.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 8:34am On Oct 07, 2023
UniqueDext:
Hello,
I have a room am looking to share with someone, its around Eltham and about 30mins to Canary Wharf through north greenwichStation
Hit me up if your interested
In your dm
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Update87: 9:17am On Oct 07, 2023
Pls help oooo....I'm on a student visa.

How can I get job...it's been quite hard to get a job ....who has pass tru this similar phase and any advice for a new comer?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Otuegbe: 9:23am On Oct 07, 2023
Good morning my people, just entered UK last week, as dependent. My wife is doing her msc.
I want to get a care support job. What training do I need to do to get the required certificate also is DBS compulsory before I can get Support work job.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by aragbaboy: 9:53am On Oct 07, 2023
Otuegbe:
Good morning my people, just entered UK last week, as dependent. My wife is doing her msc.
I want to get a care support job. What training do I need to do to get the required certificate also is DBS compulsory before I can get Support work job.

DBS is compulsory, look for agencies or care companies wherever you are, most of them will organize your mandatory training and DBS. You can search with job site like indeed.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:15am On Oct 07, 2023

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Jeff0983: 11:21am On Oct 07, 2023
Guys please is Pictures , chats history, marriage certificate ( but not up to 3 months old) bank statements showing money sent to each enough for UK dependent visa?
Though we would be adding NIN because our NIN has the same Naija address but we have only been in Nigeria together for just 10 months, we also want to add SHEIN invoice 🧾 showing our address in Dubai from 2021 , will this be acceptable because we don’t have bills paid with both our names or tenancy agreement with both name, I have mailed the housed I lived in in Dubai to add my wife’s name to the contract but the said it against their policy and I don’t want to forge anything

Apart from dependent passport
Tb test certificates
police clearance

Our pictures together is from 2020 to 2023
WhatsApp Chat history is from 2020 to 2023
Bank statements showing money sent to each other is from 2021 to 2023
SHEIN invoices is from 2021
NIN is just 10 months.
We want to submit our visa by Monday
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:47am On Oct 07, 2023
Jeff0983:
Guys please is Pictures , chats history, marriage certificate ( but not up to 3 months old) bank statements showing money sent to each enough for UK dependent visa?
Though we would be adding NIN because our NIN has the same Naija address but we have only been in Nigeria together for just 10 months, we also want to add SHEIN invoice 🧾 showing our address in Dubai from 2021 , will this be acceptable because we don’t have bills paid with both our names or tenancy agreement with both name, I have mailed the housed I lived in in Dubai to add my wife’s name to the contract but the said it against their policy and I don’t want to forge anything

Apart from dependent passport
Tb test certificates
police clearance

Our pictures together is from 2020 to 2023
WhatsApp Chat history is from 2020 to 2023
Bank statements showing money sent to each other is from 2021 to 2023
SHEIN invoices is from 2021
NIN is just 10 months.
We want to submit our visa by Monday

Did I see you in Deira........πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Visa/immigration experts would come to your rescue ......😁

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (538) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: NewT123

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.