Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (461348 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 30, 2023
UnconventionalT:

No
It was a genuine relationship that lasted two years here before they moved. The lady and her family hid her long term fiance from my friend, he didn't know about the other guy till after they landed in 🇬🇧.

There's no way to prove that she was deceiving him for over two years. She'd just say she loved him and then fell out of love and there's no way your friend can establish otherwise. The home office will not get into relationship he said she said unless there's manifest proof of fraud or other illegality. I don't think an MP will get involved in a domestic dispute like this either.

The only way forward is to initiate a divorce. If she's still on that dependant visa, it'll affect her. If she has shifted to another one, it won't.

Your friend needs to focus on untying himself from her, and be less preoccupied with revenge.

E don happen, e don happen. Way forward lo ku.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 11:01pm On May 30, 2023
UnconventionalT:

What is local MP please?
Member of Parliament, elected representative, constituency representative, politician. MPs represent people's concerns and interests in the House of Commons.
Their contact details are pasted in google for your free access

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Regex: 11:05pm On May 30, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You sure say you no be sleeping partner, for this thread......... We discussed iptv, 12 months ago, because my subscription, just expired........ 😭😂

Omo I have been a bit dormant here.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 11:19pm On May 30, 2023
Ha ...and the long term fiance de UK inside? So pe oti lo cheesy

UnconventionalT:

No
It was a genuine relationship that lasted two years here before they moved. The lady and her family hid her long term fiance from my friend, he didn't know about the other guy till after they landed in 🇬🇧.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 11:20pm On May 30, 2023
🤣🤣... Indomie... Ok thanks for the clarification

Zahra29:

Lol bigtt76 -UK enlistees do not get indomie citizenship😂

They are exempt from immigration control while serving, but they do have to regularise their stay when they leave the Army if they wish to stay in the UK.

Enlistees can apply for indefinite leave after 4 years of service:

You must usually both:

be leaving the armed forces or have left in the past 2 years
have served for a minimum of 4 years
There’s no minimum time you need to have served for if you’ve been medically discharged for an injury or illness that happened as a result of your service.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:33pm On May 30, 2023
bigtt76:

Be like say, another man pay logistics, to deliver another man wife........ This life is wicked........ 🤣

Wife is gone...... Like fuel subsidy....... 😂⛽

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by UnconventionalT: 11:33pm On May 30, 2023
bigtt76:

That one dey Nigeria, trenches love. They Wan use my friend better their lives. Maybe her plan is to go and marry her long term fiance after getting on tier 2 visa, and bring him over here to continue where they stopped.
People are wicked.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by UnconventionalT: 11:37pm On May 30, 2023
Zahra29:

That's insane. If this "long term fiance" is on Tier 2, why did he not apply to bring her into the UK as his spouse/partner?

Her plans may very well backfire as her long term fiance might not be able to sponsor her on his visa. Plus she would have to get divorced officially first, marry her fiance and then reapply from Nigeria...not sure how she plans on staying legally if she is no longer her husband's dependent.
The fiance is in Nigeria, not UK. Their plan is to use my friend to enter here, settle herself individually and then go marry and bring that one in later.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by UnconventionalT: 11:37pm On May 30, 2023
koonbey:

There's no way to prove that she was deceiving him for over two years. She'd just say she loved him and then fell out of love and there's no way your friend can establish otherwise. The home office will not get into relationship he said she said unless there's manifest proof of fraud or other illegality. I don't think an MP will get involved in a domestic dispute like this either.

The only way forward is to initiate a divorce. If she's still on that dependant visa, it'll affect her. If she has shifted to another one, it won't.

Your friend needs to focus on untying himself from her, and be less preoccupied with revenge.

So painful.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by misterkelly: 12:29am On May 31, 2023
Hello House, please how do one check a cars HPI for free. Make person no go buy stolen car
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:52am On May 31, 2023
misterkelly:
Hello House, please how do one check a cars HPI for free. Make person no go buy stolen car

What is more important to you........ The £9.99 checking fee or the outright loss of your vehicle fund............

HPI also checks for outstanding finance, logbook loans, accident, mileage, vehicle recalls, VIN status etc etc etc..........

Let's not attempt to save £9.99, then wave bye bye to £3000 (more or less)......

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 1:50am On May 31, 2023
koonbey:

This is just the way to go.

She will come looking for your friend for permission when it's time to marry another man.

When I say permission, you can't marry two men (in court), you must divorce one and the conditions to divorce in Nigeria without the other partner go tire her seff.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by misterkelly: 4:21am On May 31, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I was thinking there would be an alternative like that of the IPTV (even though I never get the chance to subscribe to it cos of my current BAT work) 😁

Thanks

What is more important to you........ The £9.99 checking fee or the outright loss of your vehicle fund............

HPI also checks for outstanding finance, logbook loans, accident, mileage, vehicle recalls, VIN status etc etc etc..........

Let's not attempt to save £9.99, then wave bye bye to £3000 (more or less)......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AirBay: 4:47am On May 31, 2023
Pls where can I order cake online with direct delivery to the individual.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by CowbellY: 4:49am On May 31, 2023
Viruses:

Ah...case close.

Divorce her in absentia and her visa is automatically invalid.

There are three sides to a story, my contribution is based on the side I have heard.

He has to go to Nigeria to get a divorce. Anyway these aren’t straight forward either. My friend is in a similar situ and the divorce has been in court for 2 years now. Nigeria courts would frustrate you. This is an uncontested divorce btw. And he has to be physically present at every hearing. In March he travelled to Nigeria and the court didn’t even seat anymore.

Not fair. He’s been unable to move on with his life as well.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by CowbellY: 4:53am On May 31, 2023
bigtt76:
Yea instant citizenship I think

Nope. Have to serve 4 years at least too.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dewhaley: 6:19am On May 31, 2023
Hi , did you submit references from Uk when applying for GLobal talent visa and were you also owning an IT startup before applying?
Just wanted to know because I’m in the UK and have someone who has funds and all that ajd wants to push via that route, but his startup isn’t ready yet..

Your response would be helpful

adefoluk:
Good day sirs/mas

Please I need your assistance.

I have UK Global talent visa and I have collected my BRP card which is still valid until 2026. But I have stayed 8months on a stretch outside the UK. Will I still be allowed to enter the UK?

I'm aware I cannot count the year towards ILR application in the future. I just want to know if I will be allowed to enter the UK and not denied at the port of entry

Kindly assist.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:30am On May 31, 2023
claremont:

There are Nigerians in the British Army. I was one of them and I have since left many years ago. It's a good life if you are young, single and willing to travel the world; not so much if you are looking to have a family and/or professional career.

Do they help if you don't have papers?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:30am On May 31, 2023
CowbellY:

Nope. Have to serve 4 years at least too.

shocked

.. But I'd rather serve than do care work for 5 years though

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Santa2: 7:00am On May 31, 2023
dewhaley:
Hi , did you submit references from Uk when applying for GLobal talent visa and were you also owning an IT startup before applying?
Just wanted to know because I’m in the UK and have someone who has funds and all that ajd wants to push via that route, but his startup isn’t ready yet..

The person I know that had global talent visa got all references from Nigeria, wasnt a founder but a C-suite exec at a fintech. this was back in 2020 though, it was worth checking what the current rules are as they might have changed.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:12am On May 31, 2023
AirBay:
Pls where can I order cake online with direct delivery to the individual.

Have you tried cakebox......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 7:15am On May 31, 2023
CowbellY:

He has to go to Nigeria to get a divorce. Anyway these aren’t straight forward either. My friend is in a similar situ and the divorce has been in court for 2 years now. Nigeria courts would frustrate you. This is an uncontested divorce btw. And he has to be physically present at every hearing. In March he travelled to Nigeria and the court didn’t even seat anymore.

Not fair. He’s been unable to move on with his life as well.
Yeah...I hinted on this in my follow-up comment especially for a new marriage.

Like someone suggested, the guy should count his losses and move on, the lady will remain single for a long time or explore the baby mama route in which case she'll still be seperated from his supposed fiance because whether she changes visa or not, her marriage is on record with UKVI.

It is possible she didn't leave the marriage because of her old relationship too. There could be other reasons.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 7:35am On May 31, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I am flawlessly clean....... My IPTV dey entertain me wella....... Over 80,000 channels, for under £35 per annum........ Show me a provider that can offer this service........ 😜😁

Oh you miss the point....I am only concerned about your safety. I have no idea how IPTV operates o. I only saw people were arrested for supplying football streaming services. I felt it's sane thing you do.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:44am On May 31, 2023
rinzylee:

Oh you miss the point....I am only concerned about your safety. I have no idea how IPTV operates o. I only saw people were arrested for supplying football streaming services. I felt it's same thing you do.

I am very safe ........ ''same thing I do''......😭😜😀
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 8:01am On May 31, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I am very safe ........ ''same thing I do''......😭😜😀

Ok o...meanwhile ... I don't really understand that E-toro platform o.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by adefoluk: 8:06am On May 31, 2023
Hi
Mine is the research/academic route not tech.
Yes, I got a reference from UK and endorsement from a professional body in my field.
dewhaley:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by heroshark(m): 8:10am On May 31, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Get cheap Ryanair or easyJet flight...... . Enter Germany to mark register, then head to France...... É don do abi.......🤣

You can tell, we are visa free citizens........😛

Do I need to enter the country that issued the visa 1st? My visa was issued by Switzerland 🇨🇭 but I'm traveling to Germany this Sunday and have no plans of going to Switzerland.

I was initially scheduled to speak at an event in Geneva but the visa came out late and I missed the event, so I no longer have a reason to enter Switzerland.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:25am On May 31, 2023
rinzylee:

Ok o...meanwhile ... I don't really understand that E-toro platform o.

What's confusing you ........ The blinking lights.....😭😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:26am On May 31, 2023
heroshark:

Do I need to enter the country that issued the visa 1st? My visa was issued by Switzerland 🇨🇭 but I'm traveling to Germany this Sunday and have no plans of going to Switzerland.

I was initially scheduled to speak at an event in Geneva but the visa came out late and I missed the event, so I no longer have a reason to enter Switzerland.

That's what was brought to my attention....... Never used Schengen visa, so cannot honestly confirm or deny........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 8:32am On May 31, 2023
wonlasewonimi:

Nah mate. He has to enter Germany first before France.
he doesn't have to sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (532) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Tochex101(m), ismailtaiwo2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.