Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (467146 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (538) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Okin07: 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2023
I have a brand new iPhone in Nigeria that needs to be shipped/send to the UK. Please can anyone provide guidance or info on the logistics for sending it down safely from Lagos to Aberdeen.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2023
hustla:

BBL = Upskilling grin

BBL = Guaranteed G wagon, estates and political appointments.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2023
hustla:

OK

Send the owner of the thread a DM and tell him

I no get strength abeg!

Why? You pasted the link here
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2023
justwise:
[/b]

OK
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2023
lavida001:

It is well

wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 3:29pm On Dec 04, 2023
lavida001:

Small girls big gods grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AKALAMAGBO: 4:02pm On Dec 04, 2023
But nothing is wrong with the quote you copied from the link…

Do you want people to get stuck on a survival jobs and not upskill themselves??

Why is a good advice difficult to understand Justwise
justwise:
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2023
Olgathomas:
Please is there anyone or anyway I can track someone in the UK someone just ran out with my life savings
Help, I have someone in this same shoes too
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 4:37pm On Dec 04, 2023
That's serious.. Hope you get your money back..

it will help if you gave more context so people can give specific advise based on their experiences and fields of knowledge..

OmichaelO:
Help, I have someone in this same shoes too
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 5:44pm On Dec 04, 2023
hustla:

LOL Nigeria won't get better anytime soon. If you elect a clown, you expect a circus.

It seems the new rules for salary will apply to Healthcare workers too and there are rumors of cuts to number of dependents for Healthcare visas

It will reduce migration to the levels they want but im not sure how NHS will cope when people start migrating elsewhere

I do doubt it will apply to health workers.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 5:47pm On Dec 04, 2023
The 38k, does it apply to people already in the U.K or outside?

Pardon my question if it seems silly.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by iyatrustee(f): 5:47pm On Dec 04, 2023
New immigration rules in summary!

Care workers can no longer bring in dependents.

CQC will regulate COS sponsoring firms henceforth.

Skilled worker salary threshold is now £38,700k except for healthcare jobs.

Shortage occupation list to be overhauled.

To sponsor a spousal visa has been raised from 18,600 to 38,700.

Post Study visa will be retained but will be tightened to only keep the best brains.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2023
Breaking: James Cleverly announces new five-point plan on migration
James Cleverly said the public are “understandably worried” about housing, GP appointments and other public services when communities are “growing quickly in numbers”.

The Home Secretary went on to announce a five-point plan:

Stopping overseas care workers from bringing family dependents
Increasing the skilled worker earning threshold by a third, to £38,700 from next spring
Scrapping cut-price shortage labour from overseas by reforming the shortage occupation list
Raising the minimum income for family visas to the same threshold as skilled workers (£38,700)
Reviewing the graduate route “to prevent abuse” and protect the quality of the university sector
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 5:55pm On Dec 04, 2023
Zahra29:
Breaking: James Cleverly announces new five-point plan on migration
James Cleverly said the public are “understandably worried” about housing, GP appointments and other public services when communities are “growing quickly in numbers”.

The Home Secretary went on to announce a five-point plan:

Stopping overseas care workers from bringing family dependents
Increasing the skilled worker earning threshold by a third, to £38,700 from next spring
Scrapping cut-price shortage labour from overseas by reforming the shortage occupation list
Raising the minimum income for family visas to the same threshold as skilled workers (£38,700)
Reviewing the graduate route “to prevent abuse” and protect the quality of the university sector

Thank you Zahra29.

I remember an argument last week when some "highly skilled folks" derided those who took health care visa instead of pursuing their careers and we pointed out that given the current political climate, it'd make more sense to get the Healthcare CoS and then worry about career later.

Shebi una see am now. As it seems, the 38700 applies to those "in" and outside the U.K.
I wonder how many companies are willing to hire graduates with virtually no experience or 1/2 years experience for 38700 for that matter.
As an immigrant trying to get stability, always sort your immigration before worrying about career.

grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 6:02pm On Dec 04, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Thank you Zahra29.

I remember an argument last week when some "highly skilled folks" derided those who took health care visa instead of pursuing their careers and we pointed out that given the current political climate, it'd make more sense to get the Healthcare CoS and then worry about career later.

Shebi una see am now. As it seems, the 38700 applies to those "in" and outside the U.K.
I wonder how many companies are willing to hire graduates with virtually no experience or 1/2 years experience for 38700 for that matter.
As an immigrant trying to get stability, always sort your immigration before worrying about career.

grin

Although health care workers are exempt from the salary threshold increase, they are the only cohort who are now no longer allowed to include any dependants on their visa.

Also the new requirement for an agency or care home to be regulated/aka scrutinised by the CQC will lead to an effective cap on the number of cos/care visas that will be granted
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 6:09pm On Dec 04, 2023
Zahra29:

Although health care workers are exempt from the salary threshold increase, they are the only cohort who are now no longer allowed to include any dependants on their visa.

Also the new requirement for an agency or care home to be regulated/aka scrutinised by the CQC will lead to an effective cap on the number of cos/care visas that will be granted

Very true.

Modified: uploaded a screenshot of when I made that comment

grin

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 6:13pm On Dec 04, 2023
Labour does not plan to object to any of the new rules, so very likely to go through

(I did say previously that Labour would adopt a similar hard-line on immigration to try to change their reputation)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LaXxOnebody(m): 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2023
Hopefully there'll be further updates because in one breath there's a restriction, and in another there's a contradiction.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:11pm On Dec 04, 2023
hustla:

LOL Nigeria won't get better anytime soon. If you elect a clown, you expect a circus.

It seems the new rules for salary will apply to Healthcare workers too and there are rumors of cuts to number of dependents for Healthcare visas

It will reduce migration to the levels they want but im not sure how NHS will cope when people start migrating elsewhere

NHS, never been fully staffed...... NHS would continually be in limp mide .......😁🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Fourcade(m): 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2023
Really strange decision.

It seems very much in favour of keeping skilled workers/Migrants as Healthcare professionals.

I'm on Post study visa now and it will take the grace of God to get 38k for a Tier2 job.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2023
Zahra29:

Does the ban on care dependents include those already in UK. Cause he used the word overseas care workers. Is that generic for everyone both in and outside the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2023
Fourcade:
Really strange decision.

It seems very much in favour of keeping skilled workers/Migrants as Healthcare professionals.

I'm on Post study visa now and it will take the grace of God to get 38k for a Tier2 job.

Exactly.

In addition to that also is driving people away because let's face it, how many people can the Care sector employ and give CoS?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Resurgent2016: 7:50pm On Dec 04, 2023
Fourcade:
Really strange decision.

Depends on your field and location, for most non-care field down south, i think employers would typically pay at least 38k for a sponsorship role as most of them are experienced role.

For some areas in northern England, wales, scotland and Northern ireland, the story may be different

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Resurgent2016: 7:52pm On Dec 04, 2023
I would imagine it would take many recent immigrant out of communities were salaries are low
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2023
Raalsalghul:

I do doubt it will apply to health workers.

It won't

LOOL. But they wont be allowed to bring in dependents anymore. Very funny people

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeRV97cw/

So married nurses /hca will leave their families in Naija for 5 years.

They should continue

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2023
Progressivegee:

Does the ban on care dependents include those already in UK. Cause he used the word overseas care workers. Is that generic for everyone both in and outside the UK?

Immigration in the uk? Everyone is in the same bucket both inside and outside.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2023
hustla:

It won't

LOOL. But they wont be allowed to bring in dependents anymore. Very funny people

They are actually shutting down that route indirectly. Dem no send anybody papa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:58pm On Dec 04, 2023
Goke7:

They are actually shutting down that route indirectly. Dem no send anybody papa

Healthcare is not the only field as I have said many times. There will soon be shortage and they'll come and cry and blame immigrants as usual

Abi no be so

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 8:00pm On Dec 04, 2023
Goke7:

Immigration in the uk? Everyone is in the same bucket both inside and outside.

I understand but as him no talk all careworkers instead of saying overseas care workers. But it's okay. No lele
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2023
Progressivegee:

Yes,

Anyone requiring a care visa, both in and outside the UK, would be classed as an overseas/foreign care worker
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2023
Zahra29:

Yes,

Anyone requiring a care visa, both in and outside the UK, would be classed as an overseas/foreign care worker

Okay thanks for clarifying
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 8:08pm On Dec 04, 2023
hustla:

It won't

So married nurses /hca will leave their families in Naija for 5 years.

They should continue

grin

Cleverly was asked about this and his response was that they were not forcing anyone to leave their families to come to the UK. He said they had "crunched up the numbers" and they felt there was enough global demand from people wanting to work in care who don't have any dependants

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (538) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: opeoyek and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.