Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,503 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (460407 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nanorest: 11:14pm On Dec 03, 2023
ehizario2012:

I still don't know how people are bypassing this 3 year requirement. I have same issue.

Just register even if you are one month in the UK
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Hwy9: 5:37am On Dec 04, 2023
Ceejay2:
Please do we have anyone who have switched skilled worker visa or changed employment before .

Please urgent reply needed.

Thank you for your time.

You don't need to write HO. Also, just fill the forms given to you as honest as possible because they will verify every details! Don't be scared to state exactly how things are. I don't think there should be an issue as long as you have passed the interview stage and already selected fir the job. All the best.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ceejay2: 6:38am On Dec 04, 2023
Hwy9:

You don't need to write HO. Also, just fill the forms given to you as honest as possible because they will verify every details! Don't be scared to state exactly how things are. I don't think there should be an issue as long as you have passed the interview stage and already selected fir the job. All the best.

Thank you so much for your help.
Yes I’ve been selected for the job also when filling the form they ask details of landlord, name phone number etc. The place I’m staying was rented for me by my in-laws and my name did appear on the contract don’t know if that’s an issue
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Hwy9: 8:07am On Dec 04, 2023
Ceejay2:

Thank you so much for your help.
Yes I’ve been selected for the job also when filling the form they ask details of landlord, name phone number etc. The place I’m staying was rented for me by my in-laws and my name did appear on the contract don’t know if that’s an issue

" Did or Didn't appear"? I took your statement to be DIDN'T.

I don't think that should be much of a problem.

You can input the stated address, and for landlord put the details of your in-law and let them know it isn't a rented apartment by you but you are staying with a relative.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:42am On Dec 04, 2023
Can anyone make sense of this nonsense, Tinubu taking 1411 people to COP28....... Tinubu is a very wasteful crook.........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2023
Nanorest:

Just register even if you are one month in the UK

On which of them exactly? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 12:29pm On Dec 04, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Can anyone make sense of this nonsense, Tinubu taking 1411 people to COP28....... Tinubu is a very wasteful crook.........

He's worse than the rest. Season film
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2023
For what? Gosh , we are finished
Lexusgs430:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Kenn55: 12:47pm On Dec 04, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Oga Lexus, is this confirmed? Even though he is a criminal, I know he is smart and wouldn't do this kind of unnecessary rubbish
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2023
Home secretary to make statement this afternoon on new legal migration measures/curbs

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by igbsam(m): 1:18pm On Dec 04, 2023
giselle237:

Multiple times on my applications for sponsored trips. I write £2000 and then accommodation + feeding to be covered by me

Do you have like a template letter you always use ? Hope you don't mind sharing.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2023
Chreze:

Hi guys,

Please I need help and advice from those who have good knowledge on UK finance and banking system.

So I need to raise some money here in the UK. A little bit large sum of money to use first or second quarter next year.

Now the issue is, the money I will be using is in Crypto and because of my fear of “future tax” and also getting paid by someone who is money trafficking(or trying to disperse illegally gotten money), I am not open to using the UK P2P.

I have heard people talk about buying pounds with naira from Lemonade and I am thinking of exploring this option. So basically my plan is to sell my crypto to (naira) Naija, then buy pounds from lemonade. Don’t think there will be much difference as I will be selling USDT in black market rate for dollar already.

My concern is will this be an issue for/with my bank? I believe the fact that I am getting money deposited from lemonade will reduce the risk and make it easier to explain it’s my money coming from Naija.

Please those with the knowledge help with:

1. Is buying pounds from lemonade smooth and easy?
2. Is there a limit to how much one can buy (daily or weekly).
3. What amount will go smooth to my UK account and frequency to avoid raising banking brows?
4. Do you know of a better way to get money to UK from Naija (Naira)?
5. What’s your general advice?

Please bear in mind I work in security and any form of legal issue will dent my record, hence why I don’t mind putting my money in journey for protection.

Please free legal advice 😁. Help a brother.
Use uphold.com to sell and send your money to your bank account. I've been doing that no issue but not more than 2k at a time and less than 10k per month. Start moving them slowly weekly now till the time you will need it so you won't have need to move bulk that can cause yawa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2023
Zahra29:
Home secretary to make statement this afternoon on new legal migration measures/curbs

Seems it's here now

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1731634128326373819?t=WJ_VChZfMGLCZKnSRmQ1fQ&s=19
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:47pm On Dec 04, 2023
Kenn55:

Oga Lexus, is this confirmed? Even though he is a criminal, I know he is smart and wouldn't do this kind of unnecessary rubbish

Confirmed...... Nigeria sent the highest delegates from Africa, followed by Ghana with 600+ delegates........

This people have no shame...... Is this how to spend borrowed money........

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/12/uproar-over-nigerias-1411-man-delegation-to-cop-28/amp/
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by iyatrustee(f): 1:47pm On Dec 04, 2023
Zahra29:

One of the plans I read somewhere is to have a database of those coming in on care visa so they do not abandon and move to higher paying jobs.

If this is done retrospectively, a number of people are going to be trapped.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 1:48pm On Dec 04, 2023
Kenn55:

Tinubu and smart in the same sentence.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:53pm On Dec 04, 2023
missjekyll:
For what? Gosh , we are finished

Just imagine the $$$, that would be spent on hotels, feeding and drinking + pocket money, to all 1411 of this crooks ......

Yet they say, people should add more holes to their belts..... To reduce waist size...... 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2023
Wahala.
Zahra29:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2023
Lmao likeee 😂

wonlasewonimi:

Tinubu and smart in the same sentence.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2023
hustla:
Interesting thread wink

https://twitter.com/Dieux_oint/status/1731628126080278700?t=knxI7K7byzCX6fBOXjBmqg&s=19

This is from your link:

If you are in the UK don't get stuck doing jobs like Warehouse, Cleaning, Care, etc. These jobs will make you think "weekly wages" are the best and time passes by and before you know it, you are stuck in the rat race. The only person who can stop you from growing is YOU!

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Confirmed...... Nigeria sent the highest delegates from Africa, followed by Ghana with 600+ delegates........

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/12/uproar-over-nigerias-1411-man-delegation-to-cop-28/amp/

I think Toke Makinwa was on the list and it caused some sort of uproar

Tells you all you need to know about the state of Nigeria

wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Kenn55: 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I give up cry
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:28pm On Dec 04, 2023
hustla:

wink

I hear majority received prayers to their emails, of $900 per day........ 😜

We can clearly see why the country is in a mess......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:29pm On Dec 04, 2023
hustla:

wink

Did they have a BBL symposium........ 🤣

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 2:32pm On Dec 04, 2023
Lexusgs430:

LOL Nigeria won't get better anytime soon. If you elect a clown, you expect a circus.

It seems the new rules for salary will apply to Healthcare workers too and there are rumors of cuts to number of dependents for Healthcare visas

It will reduce migration to the levels they want but im not sure how NHS will cope when people start migrating elsewhere

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2023
hustla:

wink

Tell you why most girls are doing BBL

BBL equals more market opportunities grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 2:39pm On Dec 04, 2023
lavida001:

Tell you why most girls are doing BBL

BBL equals more market opportunities grin

BBL = Upskilling grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2023
justwise:

This is from your link:

If you are in the UK don't get stuck doing jobs like Warehouse, Cleaning, Care, etc. These jobs will make you think "weekly wages" are the best and time passes by and before you know it, you are stuck in the rat race. The only person who can stop you from growing is YOU!

OK

Send the owner of the thread a DM and tell him

I no get strength abeg!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 2:50pm On Dec 04, 2023
Lexusgs430:

omo na that kind prayer go make Christmas sweet o, see groove
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Olgathomas: 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2023
Please is there anyone or anyway I can track someone in the UK someone just ran out with my life savings
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2023
Ewo. How did this happen? Report to the authorities?
Olgathomas:
Please is there anyone or anyway I can track someone in the UK someone just ran out with my life savings

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: f4flakes(f), LaXxOnebody(m), 9ger and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.