Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (495246 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (560) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 7:56am On Dec 17, 2023
Chreze:

lol. Had a funny experience, got D for a project. The course ended with the project and had two lecturers for the course. One lecturer and one prof. Wrote to the lecturer copying the professor about possible error in my grade. She replied with my score for each section. Thanked her and told her something seems off as I still don’t accept the mark from the prof section. Prof was planning vacation so wasn’t replying mail. Lecturer replied and said the reason I got a low score was cos I submitted an empty file.

I replied her apologizing for wasting her time when i submitted an empty file. Prof replied and said he was impressed with how I handled the situation citing “student of this age don’t address issue in that manner”. He said he will remark my project if I could prove that it’s the same file I submitted. I agreed and he set up a zoom meeting.

He called, I shared my screen, opened file, we matched date and time I submitted the first file. Everything was same. Went thru file location and when we confirmed it was same. He watched me move that file to him. We chatted for over 30mins, he talked about how students were well behaved during his time (I believe he’s in his 80’s or 90’s). Long story short: Man marked script and I got a B.

I believe the context for contesting and how you present your contest will determine the outcome . Not forgetting that there are also lecturers here (like in Naij) who thinks no one should get an A (except God) 😂🤣😅

They say A is for them, while the rest can be battled for! Imagine

Prof. Elueze (RIP)

He was a genius but the man tough die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:25am On Dec 17, 2023
Looks like Australia wants to reduce student population (the restrictions they put in place arent that stringent compared to our Ogas at the top) but increase numbers for skilled workers

Skills in demand visa, processing time rumoured to be 1 week

https://www.sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/news/2023/12/11/skills-in-demand-visa-a-triple-win.html

2024 will be interesting smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Angela90: 10:52am On Dec 17, 2023
Chreze:

1. I don’t think so, lately (in the last 1yr), I have not been using binance daily. I believe maybe once or twice in a month. I just transfer USDT there to buy coins to hold for long or to do Naira P2P. I use Gate.io for daily trading and not as UK resident. Opened it with Naija details and document so I left it that way, when they prompted to confirm location I ignored.

2. If I am being honest, I don’t know anyone who gets taxed for crypto as at right now. There’s always been lots of talk around it, but I don’t think it’s been implemented. That said, I believe you will only be taxed if there are evidence to proof that you are into trading coins. Hence, why I avoid UK P2P or selling coins for pounds in any form.

3. Uphold is an exchange site that buys crypto for pounds and offer different forms to using your crypto for daily expenses ( like crypto master cards). I have never used them, but someone introduced them on here some years back and recently @abuhusna1 suggested it again.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 12:08pm On Dec 17, 2023
Please guys when exactly will the immigration rule be enforced asin when are they going to make it concretely clear?

Also, can someone who is already in the uk on care cos bring dependent
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Poanan: 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2023
ehizario2012:

They say A is for them, while the rest can be battled for! Imagine

Prof. Elueze (RIP)

He was a genius but the man tough die.
Eehen so na so una take bash am abi? grin.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2023
Have you looked on gov.uk? Thats what i would do. I doubt anyone on here knows.
eniola1010:
Please guys when exactly will the immigration rule be enforced asin when are they going to make it concretely clear?

Also, can someone who is already in the uk on care cos bring dependent
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chreze(m): 1:32pm On Dec 17, 2023
Application for school placement is open. Try to apply early so as to stand a high chance of your child getting placement. Also you can apply even if you don’t live in the council right now, but have plans to live there before August 2024.

If you apply before March, you will get your response by the end of March. If you apply later, then you don enter battle of the earliest.

Don’t know who need to hear this, but I don do the lords work this morning be that. 😀

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2023
Lmao wow
Chreze:

lol. Had a funny experience, got D for a project. The course ended with the project and had two lecturers for the course. One lecturer and one prof. Wrote to the lecturer copying the professor about possible error in my grade. She replied with my score for each section. Thanked her and told her something seems off as I still don’t accept the mark from the prof section. Prof was planning vacation so wasn’t replying mail. Lecturer replied and said the reason I got a low score was cos I submitted an empty file.

I replied her apologizing for wasting her time when i submitted an empty file. Prof replied and said he was impressed with how I handled the situation citing “student of this age don’t address issue in that manner”. He said he will remark my project if I could prove that it’s the same file I submitted. I agreed and he set up a zoom meeting.

He called, I shared my screen, opened file, we matched date and time I submitted the first file. Everything was same. Went thru file location and when we confirmed it was same. He watched me move that file to him. We chatted for over 30mins, he talked about how students were well behaved during his time (I believe he’s in his 80’s or 90’s). Long story short: Man marked script and I got a B.

I believe the context for contesting and how you present your contest will determine the outcome . Not forgetting that there are also lecturers here (like in Naij) who thinks no one should get an A (except God) 😂🤣😅
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2023
Omg thanks for this reminderrr! Just remembered someone actually told me about this on my first day of school but settling wahala didn’t even make me reason it. Thank youuu! Whew.
kwakudtraveller:

You can pay a fraction of that price through your studentbeans or UNiDAYS account. If you are not utilising your student benefits, set up those accounts now!!!! I dey enjoy them through wifey’s own set up

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2023
lavida001:
So the individual who died on the Bibby barge is a Cameroonian 🇨🇲 Doctor 🤔

Not True

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23986298.doctor-cameroon-named-man-died-bibby-stockholm-barge/
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mex551(m): 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2023
Good afternoon all. Which of the Schengen countries is easier to book visa appointment now
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gergemam: 6:24pm On Dec 17, 2023
Good Evening My Ogas.

My daddy Lexusgs430, and Oga hustla.

Please 🥺🥺🥺 for Dependent on Tier 4 that want to switch to Tier 2 as a skilled worker, do the individual need IELTS?

Waiting for a good response
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 6:25pm On Dec 17, 2023
gergemam:
Good Evening My Ogas.

My daddy Lexusgs430, and Oga hustla.

Please 🥺🥺🥺 for Dependent on Tier 4 that want to switch to Tier 2 as a skilled worker, do the individual need IELTS?

Waiting for a good response

YES!!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 6:35pm On Dec 17, 2023
Please guys what is the cheapest school for students in uk with the chepeast deposit?

Also, guy if someone has a mba from nigeria, but wishes to pursue a nursing career in uk, but does not have money for 4year undergrad nursing course, what is the best plan for this person?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2023
ReesheesuKnack:

No

But dont they need to proof english proficiency which is either ielts or a degree taught in english from uk or ecctis prove that ur degree in nigeria was taught in english or could i be wrong?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Santa2: 6:57pm On Dec 17, 2023
Lexusgs430:

We android lovers use, Spotify,Deezer & Audiomack.......🤣😜

Deezer user here, I still pay N900 monthly through my Naija account, Netflix- N4,400, Youtube premium- N1,100 (activated this when I went to naija recently). Wish I can do same for Amazon prime and disney plus.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 7:23pm On Dec 17, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

What I like to see… Congratulations 🥳🥳

Thanks alot, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2023
Santa2:

Deezer user here, I still pay N900 monthly through my Naija account, Netflix- N4,400, Youtube premium- N1,100 (activated this when I went to naija recently). WHich I can do same for Amazon prime and disney plus.

We simply use them, as if we dey Freetown.....🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 7:52pm On Dec 17, 2023
donshaddow:

Where in London?

Anywhere will do
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 7:57pm On Dec 17, 2023
hustla:

Well, you can. I did not go through the SU, tried to do it myself

In my own case, I followed the assistant lecturer's verbal advice and removed a part of my writeup. A friend who had a similar topic with me used what I removed and had a sexy A (I gave him an outline of what I was planning to write).

Sent them a mail pointing out that I was advised to remove some parts which would have helped me but "No evidence, I explain tire". They just told me the exams board would look into it blah blah. The board did not look into it or change their decision so I just let it go

Schools are different and yours may turn out in your favor. No harm in trying wink

MSc in Uk na your monay dem need.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
Please do you people really pay £10.99 per month for Apple Music in this country? 😭

I switched my location from Nigeria to the UK and I couldn’t believe my eyes. Now to take it back to where I come from is stressing me out. 🥲

I used to use my MTN sim to pay for my Apple Music back home when all cards were failing, but will that method work here now? 🥲

You earn in pounds.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 8:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
Santa2:

Deezer user here, I still pay N900 monthly through my Naija account, Netflix- N4,400, Youtube premium- N1,100 (activated this when I went to naija recently). Wish I can do same for Amazon prime and disney plus.

I heard they will automatically log you out if your location changes?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 8:13pm On Dec 17, 2023
Santa2:

if this is true na to ask person run am for me and send login.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 8:16pm On Dec 17, 2023
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/dec/17/legal-action-planned-over-uk-cruel-income-threshold-visa-rules

If this affects you, read this article .
For the gentleman asking when these changes will take effect, even sunak himself does not know.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:17pm On Dec 17, 2023
lavida001:

MSc in Uk na your monay dem need.

I have gotten to know a lot since I've been here so I do not agree with your narrative

At the end of the day, what you learn is up to you

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 8:29pm On Dec 17, 2023
eniola1010:

But dont they need to proof english proficiency which is either ielts or a degree taught in english from uk or ecctis prove that ur degree in nigeria was taught in english or could i be wrong?

Indeed. They do need to show proof of English.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 8:35pm On Dec 17, 2023
missjekyll:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/dec/17/legal-action-planned-over-uk-cruel-income-threshold-visa-rules

If this affects you, read this article .
For the gentleman asking when these changes will take effect, even sunak himself does not know.

This may not necessarily affect a lot of folks on this thread.
Reason: Most on this thread may not already hold British citizenship, or infact ILR.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by donshaddow(m): 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2023
lavida001:

Anywhere will do
Let's chat cos I don't want to review my location to the public
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by donshaddow(m): 10:06pm On Dec 17, 2023
lavida001:

Anywhere will do

Pls send a me a message through the email on my profile.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2023
donshaddow:

Pls send a me a message through the email on my profile.
Send your WhatsApp
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by donshaddow(m): 11:28pm On Dec 17, 2023
lavida001:

Send your WhatsApp

+

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 12:11am On Dec 18, 2023
Ahn ahn, you want someone to run what? Don’t you earn in pounds?
lavida001:

if this is true na to ask person run am for me and send login.

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (560) (Reply)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

Viewing this topic: Resurgent2016 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.