Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (457841 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (529) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ukliving: 6:18pm On Dec 23, 2023
SOS
A friend made an application for graduate visa and erroneously put the wrong date of birth for spouse and passport expiry date for main applicant.
IhS fees are paid but not the visa fees.

What can be done please?
Is it possible to cancel the application and start afresh with the same IHS fees that was paid ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2023
Ukliving:
SOS
A friend made an application for graduate visa and erroneously put the wrong date of birth for spouse and passport expiry date for main applicant.
IhS fees are paid but not the visa fees.

What can be done please?
Is it possible to cancel the application and start afresh with the same IHS fees that was paid ?

Two options:

Option 1: Proceed to apply. Clearly & succinctly write a cover note to explain the error.Hope for the best.

Option 2: Withdraw the application and make a fresh application. You MUST pay new IHS fees. The IHS fees for the withdrawn application will be refunded in full (this could take up to 15 weeks).

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:45pm On Dec 23, 2023
ReesheesuKnack:

Two options:

Option 1: Proceed to apply. Clearly & succinctly write a cover note to explain the error.Hope for the best.

Option 2: Withdraw the application and make a fresh application. You MUST pay new IHS fees. The IHS fees for the withdrawn application will be refunded in full (this could take up to 15 weeks).

Option 1 too risky.......

Option 2 is much better........

UKliving - You friend should start looking for another IHS fee........ 😜

Next time when that friend is filling another form, he/she would lay off the moonshine....... 😊😭

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ukliving: 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Option 1 too risky.......

Option 2 is much better........

UKliving - You friend should start looking for another IHS fee........ 😜

Next time when that friend is filling another form, he/she would lay off the moonshine....... 😊😭

New IHS money no dey o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2023
Ukliving:

New IHS money no dey o

He/she must find am...... Or cancel application, wait for refund, then apply again.......

Or you go say, applicant no get time to wait......... 😁😂

NB : I have an AK47 for hire...... 😭
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ukliving: 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2023
Lexusgs430:

He/she must find am...... Or cancel application, wait for refund, then apply again.......

Or you go say, applicant no get time to wait......... 😁😂

NB : I have an AK47 for hire...... 😭

Na option one e go be

Shebi it's similar to writing cover letter for someone that their passport expired and still don't have the new one at the time of application
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 9:44pm On Dec 23, 2023
hustla:
More clarity provided

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/when-you-can-be-paid-less

smiley

The UK is still one of the countries with the most liberal & easy-to-get skilled work visas.

Although I do have my own qualms with the idea of paying visa holders less than the ‘going rate’, but as an immigrant, I think that is very liberal and very much like ‘lowering the bar’ for immigrants.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2023
Lilymond:
I hold a dependent visa
Searching for any job at all.
Can make many Nigerian dishes, data Analyst, hair stylist, Farmer. Was a public health worker before I left Nigeria. But don't wanna venture into that cos I lack the necessary trainings, so I need a job that requires little or no training so as to save up money for the necessary trainings. For now, I have no choice doing any legit work, hence it pays my bills. Thanks
Apply to angard for mail sorting job for royal mail .

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 9:50pm On Dec 23, 2023
ReesheesuKnack:

The UK is still one of the countries with the most liberal & easy-to-get skilled work visas.

Although I do have my own qualms with the idea of paying visa holders less than the ‘going rate’, but as an immigrant, I think that is very liberal and very much like ‘lowering the bar’ for immigrants.

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by moshuur(m): 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2023
abuhusna1:

Is it not late already (at this period)?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:12pm On Dec 23, 2023
ReesheesuKnack:

OK oooo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 10:31pm On Dec 23, 2023
moshuur:

Is it not late already (at this period)?
I wouldn't know but they need lots of staffs at the moment as many of their staffs have travelled. You might be lucky for quick call
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by moshuur(m): 11:36pm On Dec 23, 2023
abuhusna1:

I wouldn't know but they need lots of staffs at the moment as many of their staffs have travelled. You might be lucky for quick call
alright...I'll try it out.
thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Oggg: 1:16am On Dec 24, 2023
Noworries11:

I changed to a skilled worker visa (care/support worker) around April this year however we had a son three months ago and we only obtained his birth certificate...
we have not done his Nigeria passport or even NIN as we don't have any plans of travelling to naija soon...
Will this present visa matter affect our son... should we go ahead to add him as dependant visa? to obtain his BRP... or is he too tender?.. I am concerned and worried about the new visa policies enacted...
Please your candid advise would be appreciate especially those who have given/gave birth in the UK
Many thanks guys
The child is not tender. Apply for their visa. They don’t need passport to apply as they were born in the UK. Select on the form that baby has no passport and fill the rest info correctly.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lilymond(f): 1:44am On Dec 24, 2023
Thank you lots. Well appreciated.
bigtt76:
You have got a very powerful visa though so make the most out of it now before all the rogbodiyan take over cheesy

Since you got some skills ...next would be to start updating your CV to match the UK format (if you haven't already done that) and begin searching for jobs in that line.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lilymond(f): 1:46am On Dec 24, 2023
Thank you so very much. This is helpful.
elengine:
1. Get a UK format CV and come up with at least 2 different CVs. One for cleaning, casual warehouse and production job and one for your professional data analyst job.

2. Go to indeed, CV warehouse, CV-library and search for warehouse and production job. Make sure your cv aligns with the job specifications and ensure you send at least 30 applications in a day for a week then come back and testify. If you or your wife have a car, try and drive to the venue of the day of interview- e get reason for this.

Good luck.

Hello,

Please I am new in the UK for the past week, I've collected my BRP (which comes with NIS), opened a bank account, registered with a GP,... Is there anything I need to do?

Please I want to ask for job recommendations, any job at all. I live in Woolwich London, is their genuine job agencies I can register with to fasten my job hunting. Please I need suggestions, as I have no one here for guardian. Every relation and friends I had while in Nigeria has turned their back at me for reasons I can't fathom. Please brothers, you people are my last resort.

Thank you all. Hoping to get my stand through this platform .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lilymond(f): 1:47am On Dec 24, 2023
Thanks man. I don't mind at all. Have reached out to you via mail. Looking forward to a favorable outcome.
bns4eva:

If you dont mind working as a Barista arround south west London, i can talk to a friend, she is a manager at one of the Starbucks coffee shop. You can DM me
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lilymond(f): 1:50am On Dec 24, 2023
Thank you so much. Have sent a mail to you. Hoping something favourable comes through
donshaddow:

For a start.
Are you on student or care visa.

I formerly work as a care assistant now I work fully as a support worker.
Send an email to the email on my profile and I'll share my editable UK CV with you and give you a few of the company I know are recruiting or that I've worked with in the past and presently.
Good luck and welcome to the UK.
DO NOT PAY ANY AGENT!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lilymond(f): 2:06am On Dec 24, 2023
Okay thanks bro .
abuhusna1:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OgbeniOptional(m): 3:55am On Dec 24, 2023
Wow, thanks for the enlightenment. In summary, this is not affecting HCAs in NHS and private hospitals as those have different occupational code. Thanks for this.

ReesheesuKnack:

Do you know about something called Occupational Code?

Within the health & care visa, there are different occupational codes. The ‘no dependants ‘ clause only applies to persons in some (not all) occupational codes.

Check the official guidelines to clear your doubt.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by NewT123: 9:10am On Dec 24, 2023
OgbeniOptional:
Wow, thanks for the enlightenment. In summary, this is not affecting HCAs in NHS and private hospitals as those have different occupational code. Thanks for this.

I don’t think so. In the shortage occupation list there is no NHS carer category . Rather, what we have is care assistants and senior care assistant as a category. What I believe is that other occupations in the NHS not under the HCA or senior HCA category are exempted from the new rule
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OgbeniOptional(m): 10:57am On Dec 24, 2023
The occupational code in my trust for Band 3 support worker is 6141, what they are on about is 6145,6146. They are 3 different job roles

NewT123:

I don’t think so. In the shortage occupation list there is no NHS carer category . Rather, what we have is care assistants and senior care assistant as a category. What I believe is that other occupations in the NHS not under the HCA or senior HCA category are exempted from the new rule
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by directonpc(m): 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2023
How expensive is owning a car?

I'm considering buying a car when I get to the UK next year. The question is, let's say I managed to buy a used car for around 3500 GBP. How much on average will I be paying as tax and insurance?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by NewT123: 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2023
OgbeniOptional:
The occupational code in my trust for Band 3 support worker is 6141, what they are on about is 6145,6146. They are 3 different job roles

Does your trust sponsor a Band 3 support worker? If yes, then you should be fine
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by makazona(m): 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2023
giselle237:
u do not need it for the UK. Your standard driving licence is fine and it’s 15k for 5 years.
Also since it is a renewal/reissue you can apply for it online. Inorder to avoid going to capture, select no to the biometrics question when filling the form. I guess it’s how to get it to you here in the UK I can not help with

Is that so? Many persons told me my standard licence cannot be used here. That it's either the international licence or the British Drivers Licence. This is strange
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2023
If you know, you know.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by makazona(m): 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2023
iyatrustee:

You can actually apply online. Cost 30k and turn around time about 72-96hrs.

Open an acct with www.possap.gov.ng and apply. I just received mine yesterday. They sent a pdf copy to my email

They basically search the criminal conviction database up till the time you left Nigeria.

Official rate is 30k

What about renewal? I had one just recently it has expired and I actually need it. Is there an option for renewal?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by NewT123: 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2023
makazona:

Is that so? Many persons told me my standard licence cannot be used here. That it's either the international licence or the British Drivers Licence. This is strange

Your Nigerian Licence even holds more value than your international licence. In some cases, you may be required to provide your Nigerian license even after providing your international licence. However, with your Nigerian license alone, you don’t have to provide an international license. But you can only drive for one year in the UK with your Nigerian or international licence

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Meogom: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2023
eniola1010:

Mr lexus pls what is the best way to get cheap insurance.
I just got one 2009 suv, The cheapest quote i got was 300pounds monthly, for what when its not private jet
Tho my license is less than 2months old
My car park is public car park.

Also i am being charged 30quid monthly for road tax, should road tax really be that high?

You can search for Easy insurance (https://www.eazyinsure.co.uk/terms_conditons.php), they are brokers and they got me a good deal, far better than I got from those compare websites. You could give them a try.

Merry Christmas folks

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 8:48pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ahan. Did the person that just posted about visa sponsorship job links delete their post?

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (529) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: ooty, Niyyah(f), babajeje123(m), wallg123, realking(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.