Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (461992 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 4:17pm On Jan 20
hustla:

Entitlement.. you come dey curse ontop. This one too will be removed in a bit

grin

Leave am, we are here promoting love and growth, she come dey seek advice on hate and retaliation.

It would have been easier to just advertise her products and ask for patronage rather than passing through the corners.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dotconsult(m): 4:33pm On Jan 20
Congratulations to you.

I have my test in two weeks, can you pls share some tips.

Thanks and all the best with your practical.

Knowlegeseeking:
Guys!!
I just passed my driving theory test on first attempt!!!
Multiple choice- 48/50
Hazard perception- 69/75.

Thank you all for your contributions and tips on passing this exam.

My gallery is filled with screenshots of tips from this thread.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 4:35pm On Jan 20
grandpoh:
Good morning house, regarding PSW what are the required documents for the application?

Is the marriage cert enough proof of marriage and secondly my concern is the proof of living together for past two years because my wife stays in school hostel while I stay in another city cos of my work and she uses her school address for everything she does and I use house address for everything I do.
It depends

Did both of you come together as student and dependant or you met and got married here?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 5:49pm On Jan 20
Viruses:

Leave am, we are here promoting love and growth, she come dey seek advice on hate and retaliation.

It would have been easier to just advertise her products and ask for patronage rather than passing through the corners.

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by grandpoh(m): 5:51pm On Jan 20
Viruses:

It depends

Did both of you come together as student and dependant or you met and got married here?

We both came in as student and dependent
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chinlov: 5:59pm On Jan 20
please share your experience with portable electric heaters and save a soul.

Gas heating is killing my pockets

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by autologic: 6:32pm On Jan 20
Chinlov:
please share your experience with portable electric heaters and save a soul.

Gas heating is killing my pockets
I thouught Gas heating is cheaper than electric ,what is your gas tarrif ?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 6:45pm On Jan 20
grandpoh:

We both came in as student and dependent
You don't need to prove that you are living together or not, you only need to prove that you are married. The cert is enough.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 7:27pm On Jan 20
NaijaGoBetter2:

Any update on your application?
Sorted

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by careerexplorers: 7:36pm On Jan 20
kwell:
Gurus in the house, I’ve been trying to book a Schengen visa appointment for days but I can’t seem to find any. Does anyone know how I can land one?

Which country? Can help out
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by MichaelUde: 7:41pm On Jan 20
grandpoh:
Good morning house, regarding PSW what are the required documents for the application?

Is the marriage cert enough proof of marriage and secondly my concern is the proof of living together for past two years because my wife stays in school hostel while I stay in another city cos of my work and she uses her school address for everything she does and I use house address for everything I do.

Check that graduate visa factsheet well o. I know that as part of any application you make for a skilled worker dependant you have to show that you and your spouse are living at the same address (I usually upload council tax bill for that), so make sure that the graduate dependant visa doesn't have the same requirement. I think it does have a requirement for living together. See if you can add her name to one of your utility bills or something.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by careerexplorers: 8:33pm On Jan 20
igbsam:
Schengen visa expertise, is this how difficult it is getting appointment dates with Netherlands vsf ? Been on that page for hours trying to get an appointment date, for where. Not one in sight yet. Any way out?

Could get one for you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 9:22pm On Jan 20
Good evening guys,

Can one suggest a good wifi network for my home for me.... Which is fast and cost efficient?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dubaiprince: 9:35pm On Jan 20
Nelsmannnnnnnnn:
Good evening guys,

Can one suggest a good wifi network for my home for me.... Which is fast and cost efficient?

You may not get an accurate answer as the performance of a network provider vary from location to location. You can try checking the network most people use in that area by try connecting to a WiFi network to see a list of secured and unsecured networks there. Then go to a comparison site to check for deals suitable for you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 9:40pm On Jan 20
dubaiprince:

You may not get an accurate answer as the performance of a network provider vary from location to location. You can try checking the network most people use in that area by try connecting to a WiFi network to see a list of secured and unsecured networks there. Then go to a comparison site to check for deals suitable for you.

Thank you Chief.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wowdiva: 5:02am On Jan 21
Estroller:

As a new driver your insurance will naturally be high, adding your choice of car and the general increase in insurance premium, the quote I think is not exactly out of place.

Always get an idea of what your insurance will be before purchase to avoid surprises like this, comparison sites will allow you to post date the purchase of the car.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wowdiva: 5:02am On Jan 21
Jamesclooney:

Check on YouTube best answers to the Insurance questionnaire. E.g starting insurance 29days in the future, parking on a drive/locked garage etc. Might not change much, but it’ll give you the cheapest quote for your car/circumstance. I just did mine and I’m happy with the reduction vs when I started checking quotes. Good luck!

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwell(m): 6:16am On Jan 21
careerexplorers:

Which country? Can help out

Germany
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 6:37am On Jan 21
Jamesclooney:

Check on YouTube best answers to the Insurance questionnaire. E.g starting insurance 29days in the future, parking on a drive/locked garage etc. Might not change much, but it’ll give you the cheapest quote for your car/circumstance. I just did mine and I’m happy with the reduction vs when I started checking quotes. Good luck!

Be careful when you tick locked garage etc etc ..... If vehicle is stolen at home and the insurance assessor checks your property and vehicle was parked on the road........

Your insurance would be voided......... Oti je gbèsè ní yín ...... Ka shiga bashi......... eji m ụgwọ........ 😁🤣😜

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 6:44am On Jan 21
Lexusgs430:

Be careful when you tick locked garage etc etc ..... If vehicle is stolen at home and the insurance assessor checks your property and vehicle was parked on the road........

Your insurance would be voided......... Oti je gbèsè ní yín ...... Ka shiga bashi......... eji m ụgwọ........ 😁🤣😜

I was going to say this but was hesitant so that the 'you are making people afraid' brigade will not stress me on a weekend.

How do you go to Youtube to copy answers for how to make your own insurance application? Are you and the YouTuber in the same circumstances?

I think people don't realise that there are people (claims adjusters) employed by insurance companies whose primary job is to avoid or minimise payouts, and while they'll let you enter whatever you like on the application, it's when it's time for a claim that they'll scrutinise it to see what they can use to void your cover.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 7:15am On Jan 21
LISA... Maxed out

Waiting for 6th April 2024 to continue £100 weekly contribution with money box.

Try join if you're less than 40 years...

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:06am On Jan 21
ukay2:
LISA... Maxed out

Waiting for 6th April 2024 to continue £100 weekly contribution with money box.

Try join if you're less than 40 years...

Una dey enjoy o ....... But we enjoy 0% deposit mortgage......🤣😁

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 8:10am On Jan 21
Goodenoch:

I was going to say this but was hesitant so that the 'you are making people afraid' brigade will not stress me on a weekend.

How do you go to Youtube to copy answers for how to make your own insurance application? Are you and the YouTuber in the same circumstances?

I think people don't realise that there are people (claims adjusters) employed by insurance companies whose primary job is to avoid or minimise payouts, and while they'll let you enter whatever you like on the application, it's when it's time for a claim that they'll scrutinise it to see what they can use to void your cover.

Lol.... why are you "scaremongering" 😂

Some applications are even designed in a way to catch people out if you're not precise. Like on some home insurance forms, they innocently ask if there's a burglar alarm, and what type of locks are on your windows. Saying yes will result in a lower premium, however they will refuse a loss claim on the basis that the alarm wasn't activated (not to mention if there wasn't one in the first place) and if the windows were not fully locked according to what was specified on the form.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 8:13am On Jan 21
Lexusgs430:

Lol, you gave the warning in 3 languages so all can hear 😂😂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:15am On Jan 21
Zahra29:

Lol, you gave the warning in 3 languages so all can hear 😂😂

No gree for insurance company..... No go work...... Those with ears, may they hear..... Those with eyes, may they read .........😜👀😁👂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missoredipe(f): 9:07am On Jan 21
Good morning everyone, please do uk accept local government marriage certificate for visa application? I didn't get married in a federal registery and now that I am about to submit my spousal application I am reading conflicting views online. I am getting super stressed and worried!!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Estroller: 9:25am On Jan 21
missoredipe:
Good morning everyone, please do uk accept local government marriage certificate for visa application? I didn't get married in a federal registery and now that I am about to submit my spousal application I am reading conflicting views online. I am getting super stressed and worried!!!!

Yes, as long as it is issued on the Form E under "Section 24 of the Marriage Act".

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:56am On Jan 21
missoredipe:

Don't mind them grin

The Oga of the Registry guys has come on TV severally to say you do not need to go to Federal Registries but people no dey hear word. The registry at Abeokuta is as valid as the one at Ikoyi but its like Nigerians just like sufferhead and do not like to read

Don't stress yourself, it wont affect anything

grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missoredipe(f): 10:23am On Jan 21
Estroller:

Yes, as long as it is issued on the Form E under "Section 24 of the Marriage Act".

This is the copy right? Is there supposed to be number in the top left corner for Nat Data Reg No?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by aragbaboy: 10:38am On Jan 21
Hello,

Please can suggest any organization that does training for Salesforce Admin. Thanks.

Santa2:

Salesforce Admin is a very good route into Salesforce consulting. Lots of organisations are transitioning into Salesforce(even the NHS) so lots of opportunities. If you get good into the salesforce admin role, you can get remote roles. Salesforce Trailhead is a great way to learn salesforce for free regardless of the salesforce path one wants to go into.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BouharryArtikou: 10:46am On Jan 21
Good morning great people.
Please, now that UK settlement has finally arrived. ILR Alhamdillahi.
Please, which countries can I visit visa-free to go and cool off small?
Anyone with experience?

13 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BouharryArtikou: 10:48am On Jan 21
aragbaboy:
Hello,

Please can suggest any organization that does training for Salesforce Admin. Thanks.

Have you tried enrolling for Salesforce’s own bespoke FREE training called Trailhead ?
It’s worth starting from there. If you haven’t, please try it out.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/

7 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (532) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: hyzich(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.