Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,756 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (471228 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 11:56pm On Jun 04, 2023
lightnlife:
AgentXxx is your guy.

Udo ✌️.

Have to start earning in £ ooO.
Akpa ntu na agwu-agwu(meaning nails in the bag done dey finish aswear.

I and my wife swallow 5k worth of Akpu like its nothing, that was the day I stopped converting everything to naira here 😉

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 12:04am On Jun 05, 2023
AgentXxx:
Congrats bro ☺️ first interview? Even though I don’t know if all boroughs have same interview pattern since different agencies control different boroughs. I work with APCOA anyways First interviews are usually a test of Basic Maths, English(Spelling) and understanding time(GMT). angry

For this type of J.0.B, it's my first interview.
I been sub because cold no allow me waka when I badged in, although I realised that some places were not as cold as my side.

The venue I am going for this very interview is a bit far from my place, but I have to check how this very ticket job is as na Tree near Tree na eim make monkey dey fly.

I got one job like that as a ReP, they wan turn me to GNL.D seller oOo.

Well I accept am, still dey find other jobs.
I am open to anything that brings pounds as it stand now.

Send me your contact for chuphillips0 @ gmail . com, I get some important information to receive from you Abeg 🙏
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 3:03am On Jun 05, 2023
Thank you, I have screenshot and send to him.
bigtt76:
Your friend is being used as a money mule. The money being transferred could be proceeds from criminal dealings or as a ploy to conceal proceeds from HRMC. With time your friend's bank would call him to confirm source of fund. He should be very careful.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 3:04am On Jun 05, 2023
Thanks boss
AirBay:

The popo will soon come for him, if he cannot explain source of funds or show evidence.. e don be for him.. I have personal experience with this.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 3:08am On Jun 05, 2023
E necessary oo.£ must be made.
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Udo ✌️.

Have to start earning in £ ooO.
Akpa ntu na agwu-agwu(meaning nails in the bag done dey finish aswear.

I and my wife swallow 5k worth of Akpu like its nothing, that was the day I stopped converting everything to naira here 😉

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 3:10am On Jun 05, 2023
Number sent from adekol*********@gmail.com
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

For this type of J.0.B, it's my first interview.
I been sub because cold no allow me waka when I badged in, although I realised that some places were not as cold as my side.

The venue I am going for this very interview is a bit far from my place, but I have to check how this very ticket job is as na Tree near Tree na eim make monkey dey fly.

I got one job like that as a ReP, they wan turn me to GNL.D seller oOo.

Well I accept am, still dey find other jobs.
I am open to anything that brings pounds as it stand now.

Send me your contact for chuphillips0 @ gmail . com, I get some important information to receive from you Abeg 🙏
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 3:12am On Jun 05, 2023
Can you please give details of this experience? Thanks.
AirBay:

The popo will soon come for him, if he cannot explain source of funds or show evidence.. e don be for him.. I have personal experience with this.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 4:53am On Jun 05, 2023
Zahra29:

Mainly those who are in very high demand in other countries such as doctors and registered nurses.
Most will suck it up and reason that it's only 3 years more.

I don't think it will affect those who are already on the system. Like the student dependents ban, it might take effect from future applications. In my opinion, I don't think it's worth it. One primary reason many choose to migrate to the UK over other western countries is because of its easier to do so. Tightening their immigration policy may see people shifting their focus. Currently, Europe and the UK has an increasing aging population which necessitates the demand for more skilled professionals. While other countries are looking to attract the best brains, the UK is looking for ways to eat their cake and have it. Australia has added additional 2 years to post study visa making it 4 years depending on qualifications and students are allowed to bring dependents. Newzeland has introduced the healthcare assistants route. The USA is granting over stayers a new type of visa route so they can work legally in the USA. But children of immigrant parents are doing everything to stop legal and skilled migration.

It's their country, their rules. But like Brexit, they will come up again and look for who to blame for the insufficient workforce admits a declining working population.

18 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 4dor: 5:11am On Jun 05, 2023
ojtopsy:
Good afternoon House.
please I need the best of advice/ideas to solving this problem before someone does what he no suppose.
An ex patient or service user raised a sexual complaint against her previous carer since last year August and he has been suspended from work ever since. We first thought it would be over soon that its just to do investigation and come up with findings which will either proof guilt or innocence. But loo and behold up till now the issue is still on the table. The last action that sparked outrage was during one session he was asked some questions in which he mentioned hes schooling in a university, so they now went ahead to write the Uni to inform them hes under investigation so the uni asked him to stay away until he is cleared. I cant stomach this injustice anymore. Please how does someone fight this kind of battle. It took months for the details of the so called offence that led to safeguard was even known o. the police have been invited and they couldnt find any evidence of misbehavior. Yet these people are hell bent in destroying a mans life. the only thing was that the girl was given a lift and the discussion was going intimate and he claimed he stopped it and dropped her off at the hospital and went his way. that very week wahala started and up till now na on top of the matter we still dey. No work since last year and the small consolation traing hes trying to do they blocked it without any formal conviction. this BS has to stop.

Please any great advice will be welcomed
Thanks.

Giving a patient a lift and having a discussion that's intimate is already sexual harassment. Stay away from women, you guys never learn.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 4dor: 5:16am On Jun 05, 2023
AgentXxx:
A Quick Question to the Financial Gurus: A friend of mine whose father’s friends has a company in Uk have recently been sending about 10k to 20k£ monthly to his Personal Uk account (from his company’s account) which he changes via lemonade or sometimes sells to students for school fee payment/visa/IHS and then eventually send the equivalent in naira to Nigeria. He wants to know if he will be liable on tax on such money.

Your friend is a money mule. He go soon chop cifas marker. That's when the real trouble starts.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Intrepidone(m): 6:08am On Jun 05, 2023
Your friend need not visit Nigeria because of a divorce case, particularly when you say it is uncontested, his lawyer could file applications in court allowing him to present his fact to the Nigerian through an oath endosed by a notary public or commissioner of oath here, moreso, his divorce could be initiated here if all parties are present, but ghe cost might be heavy.

CowbellY:

He has to go to Nigeria to get a divorce. Anyway these aren’t straight forward either. My friend is in a similar situ and the divorce has been in court for 2 years now. Nigeria courts would frustrate you. This is an uncontested divorce btw. And he has to be physically present at every hearing. In March he travelled to Nigeria and the court didn’t even seat anymore.

Not fair. He’s been unable to move on with his life as well.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by CheesyTee(f): 6:20am On Jun 05, 2023
Does anyone know any freight company (that is into sea shipping)?

I want to ship heavy item (not food) from Nigeria.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Knowlegeseeking: 7:34am On Jun 05, 2023
Hi,

No I started my ACCA back in Nigeria. Yes it's quite expensive.

I'm a lady once again.

harddrive2012:
Hello bro, I’m also considering getting chartered. Though I Started ICAN in Nigeria and still in Skills with 2 papers left.
May I ask if you started your ACCA in UK?
I have checked the fee online and it looks much 😂.
Would you advise I continue my ICAN in UK and probably convert to ACCA later using my ICAN. Or make I just close eyes start ACCA here from the foundation level for those with Bsc. Accounting.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Strata1716: 7:57am On Jun 05, 2023
ojtopsy:
Good afternoon House.
please I need the best of advice/ideas to solving this problem before someone does what he no suppose.
An ex patient or service user raised a sexual complaint against her previous carer since last year August and he has been suspended from work ever since. We first thought it would be over soon that its just to do investigation and come up with findings which will either proof guilt or innocence. But loo and behold up till now the issue is still on the table. The last action that sparked outrage was during one session he was asked some questions in which he mentioned hes schooling in a university, so they now went ahead to write the Uni to inform them hes under investigation so the uni asked him to stay away until he is cleared. I cant stomach this injustice anymore. Please how does someone fight this kind of battle. It took months for the details of the so called offence that led to safeguard was even known o. the police have been invited and they couldnt find any evidence of misbehavior. Yet these people are hell bent in destroying a mans life. the only thing was that the girl was given a lift and the discussion was going intimate and he claimed he stopped it and dropped her off at the hospital and went his way. that very week wahala started and up till now na on top of the matter we still dey. No work since last year and the small consolation traing hes trying to do they blocked it without any formal conviction. this BS has to stop.

Thanks.

Nigerian men will keep entering soup until they learn to keep sexual, intimate or romantic thoughts to themselves. The mere fact he spoke to her intimately is sexual harassment.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Strata1716: 8:00am On Jun 05, 2023
hyzich:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12156381/amp/Foreigners-wait-longer-British-citizens.html

Conservatives are really desperate to win.. They are looking for every avenue to look good and acceptable to the English.

This will be the last straw that will make me leave the uk shoild they increase to 8 years

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 8:22am On Jun 05, 2023
AgentXxx:
Number sent from adekol*********@gmail.com
It was nice speaking to you, Jah bless.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gerrard59(m): 8:33am On Jun 05, 2023
ojtopsy:
Good afternoon House.

Thanks.

You people never learn. Why did he give her a lift? Is he a Taxi driver? If you had followed the #MeToo events more than four years ago, you would've known that you should have nothing to do with a woman you're not dating/married to in a secluded place. In fact, you should be afraid of being in a secluded place that has no CCTV with a woman.

You people never learn...

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Owoado(m): 8:36am On Jun 05, 2023
ojtopsy:
Good afternoon House.

Thanks.
Firstly, you need to understand that the bolded is "sexual harassment". Any other investigations was/is to get more details or check if there was more to that event.

Secondly, it seems you or the person involved has even talked too much and implicated himself the more.

Please talk to a Lawyer.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gerrard59(m): 8:41am On Jun 05, 2023
hustla:

I would rather head to far away Australia or US with all their gun wahala than wait 8 years
Very confused country. The one they are doing sef, person still dey vex and ponder.

Anyways, it's their country, they can do as they like

Make them Sha dey play
smiley

The same eight years applies to the US, except through marriage and intra-company transfer using the L1 visa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gerrard59(m): 8:46am On Jun 05, 2023
Progressivegee:

I don't think it will affect those who are already on the system. Like the student dependents ban, it might take effect from future applications. In my opinion, I don't think it's worth it. One primary reason many choose to migrate to the UK over other western countries is because of its easier to do so. Tightening their immigration policy may see people shifting their focus. Currently, Europe and the UK has an increasing aging population which necessitates the demand for more skilled professionals. While other countries are looking to attract the best brains, the UK is looking for ways to eat their cake and have it. Australia has added additional 2 years to post study visa making it 4 years depending on qualifications and students are allowed to bring dependents. Newzeland has introduced the healthcare assistants route. The USA is granting over stayers a new type of visa route so they can work legally in the USA. But children of immigrant parents are doing everything to stop legal and skilled migration.

It's their country, their rules. But like Brexit, they will come up again and look for who to blame for the insufficient workforce admits a declining working population.

Apart from the UK, Germany and maybe France, becoming a naturalized citizen in most developed countries in the EU is getting tougher and stricter. Rules are being changed. So the options are limited. Australia and Canada are the better options. Except through marriage, the US doesn't have a straightforward path to being a naturalised citizen. As for the proposed change of rule in the US, just hope the Republican Party doesn't win next year. They will change everything.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 9:37am On Jun 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

Apart from the UK, Germany and maybe France, becoming a naturalized citizen in most developed countries in the EU is getting tougher and stricter. Rules are being changed. So the options are limited. Australia and Canada are the better options. Except through marriage, the US doesn't have a straightforward path to being a naturalised citizen. As for the proposed change of rule in the US, just hope the Republican Party doesn't win next year. They will change everything.

You forgot New Zealand
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:53am On Jun 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

The same eight years applies to the US, except through marriage and intra-company transfer using the L1 visa.

8 years with betterrrrrr pay and weather, Ill take that without thinking twice

Of which, there are routes for nurses where you can quickly get green card wink

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 11:14am On Jun 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

Thank you! I don't want to talk too much cos I've already been called Suellalet 😂😂 but people need to be realistic. They talk like it's so easy to get into Australia or the US or even Canada now. Many are here because they couldn't get into these countries. The care route that has allowed thousands to come in, is there an equivalent open and accessible route in these places?

Some countries might be a bit easier but then there might be a language barrier and other factors. There is a lot of global competition with millions wanting to emigrate to better lands. The very highly skilled/in demand will fare well, but otherwise most people may complain but will suck it up because reality is there are not that many options.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dustydee: 11:23am On Jun 05, 2023
Zahra29:

Thank you! I don't want to talk too much cos I've already been called Suellalet 😂😂 but people need to be realistic. They talk like it's so easy to get into Australia or the US or even Canada now. Many are here because they couldn't get into these countries. The care route that has allowed thousands to come in, is there an equivalent open and accessible route in these places?

Some countries might be a bit easier but then there might be a language barrier and other factors. There is a lot of global competition with millions wanting to emigrate to better lands. The very highly skilled/in demand will fare well, but otherwise most people may complain but will suck it up because reality is there are not that many options.
Sorry I couldn't help it. Not a bad name actually. grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by richu89: 11:45am On Jun 05, 2023
Guys please any one in derry, northern ireland at the moment,after getting a house and moving in my employer just informed me that there are areas in derry that are not friendly to pple of color..I just weak, he said it's better to move to the catholic side instead of the protestant side..meanwhile whre we moved to is the protestant side..pls I will really appreciate anybody that is in this area to say somthing..cos I have been sleeping with one eye closed

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2023
Zahra29:

I agree with you, the UK is actually one of the easiest countries to get into and it’s just wishful thinking to assume that others would go elsewhere. If people can do HA jobs for 5 years, what’s 3 years extra. E sure me sef say some of the people on this thread dey on that 10 year route for this UK. In the end, we go still dey alright.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

I agree with you, the UK is actually one of the easiest countries to get into and it’s just wishful thinking to assume that others would go elsewhere. If people can do HA jobs for 5 years, what’s 3 years extra. E sure me sef say some of the people on this thread dey on that 10 year route for this UK. In the end, we go still dey alright.

True, of course, people who don't have options will have to remain regardless. Not like there's a choice.

But I was zooming on those who have in-demand skills like Doctors, Nurses, Tech folks, etc. These are also the folks the UK is interested in. The UK was indeed a good option for these guys because of the easy entry routes but that was it. The Salary is low, the weather isn't so good, houses are small, limited and expensive and it takes so long to become a permanent resident. Moving it to 8 years makes other options more desirable.

Permanent Residence is an important deciding factor and even though many Countries may not offer Citizenship easily, they ensure the Skilled Immigrants are settled with at least PR. UK is considering moving requirement to the same PR to 8 years continous stay.

Canada, Australia, USA, New Zealand, Ireland are English-speaking Countries that come to mind. France, Germany, Poland, etc are there but have the language barrier.

We go dey alright las las sha.

16 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mroriginal: 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2023
Don't mind them, until one enters USA before they realize there many other paths to greencard. Even if its 10 years, its better than 8 years of micromanaging life fto even add that there is vast difference in middle class household disposable earnings in Aus & U.S in comparison to the UK.
hustla:

8 years with betterrrrrr pay and weather, Ill take that without thinking twice

Of which, there are routes for nurses where you can quickly get green card wink

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Strata1716: 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2023
Abeg my people I’m traveling to morroco from Beirut and I have a layover at Athens. Please will I need transit visa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Akorkor(f): 1:39pm On Jun 05, 2023
Solumtoya:

True, of course, people who don't have options will have to remain regardless. Not like there's a choice.

But I was zooming on those who have in-demand skills like Doctors, Nurses, Tech folks, etc. These are also the folks the UK is interested in. The UK was indeed a good option for these guys because of the easy entry routes but that was it. The Salary is low, the weather isn't so good, houses are small, limited and expensive and it takes so long to become a permanent resident. Moving it to 8 years makes other options more desirable.

Permanent Residence is an important deciding factor and even though many Countries may no offer Citizenship easily, they ensure the Skilled Immigrants are settled with at least PR. UK is moving the same PR to 8 years continous stay.

Canada, Australia, USA, New Zealand, Ireland are English-speaking Countries that come to mind. France, Germany, Poland, etc are there but have the language barrier.

You have said it all. But we go dey alright las las
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2023
Solumtoya:

Permanent Residence is an important deciding factor and even though many Countries may no offer Citizenship easily, they ensure the Skilled Immigrants are settled with at least PR. UK is moving the same PR to 8 years continous stay.

You make really valid points. I truly hope there’s some push back on this 8 year route. But if not, we either stay here or port.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 3:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
Mroriginal:
Don't mind them, until one enters USA before they realize there many other paths to greencard. Even if its 10 years, its better than 8 years of micromanaging life fto even add that there is vast difference in middle class household disposable earnings in Aus & U.S in comparison to the UK.

No be me talk am o

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (542) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Bukad(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.