Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (466313 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (537) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 11:53am On Jun 04, 2023
A Quick Question to the Financial Gurus: A friend of mine whose father’s friends has a company in Uk have recently been sending about 10k to 20k£ monthly to his Personal Uk account (from his company’s account) which he changes via lemonade or sometimes sells to students for school fee payment/visa/IHS and then eventually send the equivalent in naira to Nigeria. He wants to know if he will be liable on tax on such money.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Madeu(m): 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
AgentXxx:
A Quick Question to the Financial Gurus: A friend of mine whose father’s friends has a company in Uk have recently been sending about 10k to 20k£ monthly to his Personal Uk account (from his company’s account) which he changes via lemonade or sometimes sells to students for school fee payment/visa/IHS and then eventually send the equivalent in naira to Nigeria. He wants to know if he will be liable on tax on such money.
Ask the father. More aware of the UK tax system, for him to own a company.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by CheesyTee(f): 12:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2023
AgentXxx:

There are two issues to be considered here. If the guy is taking out money from the company account and transferring it into his personal bank account, he needs to understand that the company’s money is not his personal money to use at will (at least for now) unless of course he has built up a substantial balance in his Director’s Loan account over the years.

Secondly, is the money he is taking out either his salary or dividend? Whichever one it is, he is liable to income tax. Also note that if he takes out more money than he paid into the company in any particular tax year, then it’s classed as a Loan to a director and this has additional tax implication.

He should consult his accountant/tax advisor for further guidance on how to declare the profit he is making from the Lemonade transactions.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 1:44pm On Jun 04, 2023
Seems you have failed to read to understand, my friend is the one asking as he is suspecting the man is using his account to beat HMRC hereby setting him up for Tax recollection on the nearest future.
Madeu:

Ask the father. More aware of the UK tax system, for him to own a company.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 1:46pm On Jun 04, 2023
Thanks for taking your time to understand and respond. I have sent screenshot of this response but personally I have advised he excuse himself out of it.
Peerielass:

There are two issues to be considered here. If the guy is taking out money from the company account and transferring it into his personal bank account, he needs to understand that the company’s money is not his personal money to use at will (at least for now) unless of course he has built up a substantial balance in his Director’s Loan account over the years.

Secondly, is the money he is taking out either his salary or dividend? Whichever one it is, he is liable to income tax. Also note that if he takes out more money than he paid into the company in any particular tax year, then it’s classed as a Loan to a director and this has additional tax implication.

He should consult his accountant/tax advisor for further guidance on how to declare the profit he is making from the Lemonade transactions.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hyzich(m): 1:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12156381/amp/Foreigners-wait-longer-British-citizens.html

Conservatives are really desperate to win.. They are looking for every avenue to look good and acceptable to the English.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dustydee: 1:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
davide470:
I always look forward to semmyk detailed, 'legalistic' comment on every situation! Tuale baba!. I am glad we have you here.

OP @ojtopsy, if you are still asking questions on what to do after this, then you are definitely not serious. Sit down, go through the comment and links therein.
semmyk dey do research well well but I pray he does not go into lecturing after his PhD otherwise the students go suffer. Dem no go understand wetin he dey talk. grin
Love you semmyk but learn to simplify stuff - use simple language biko. cry

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 2:06pm On Jun 04, 2023
hyzich:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12156381/amp/Foreigners-wait-longer-British-citizens.html

Conservatives are really desperate to win.. They are looking for every avenue to look good and acceptable to the English.

Wahala... ILR from 5 years to 8 years... Hmmm... There are better ways to tackle immigration and attract only quality talents sha. The Point Based system is not "pointing".

My major challenge with the whole thing is the fact that an Immigrant, no matter how skilled, is tied to the Sponsorship of the Employer. I don't mind the 8 years but requiring an Employment Sponsorship for 8 years is crazy. Such a person can't even easily change jobs but has to remain with Employers willing to sponsor and remain at the mercy of such Employers.

The Global Talent Visa would have been a good remedy but even that is not the easiest to get, I hear.

Don't want to talk about the Visa Fees and IHS for 8 years! smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hyzich(m): 2:19pm On Jun 04, 2023
Solumtoya:

Wahala... ILR from 5 years to 8 years... Hmmm... There are better ways to tackle immigration and attract only quality talents sha. The Point Based system is not "pointing".

My major challenge with the whole thing is the fact that an Immigrant, no matter how skilled, is tied to the Sponsorship of the Employer. I don't mind the 8 years but requiring an Employment Sponsorship for 8 years is crazy. Such a person can't even easily change jobs but has to remain with Employers willing to sponsor and remain at the mercy of such Employers.

The Global Talent Visa would have been a good remedy but even that is not the easiest to get, I hear.

Tbh the UK is confused because I don't see how this will solve the migration problems rather skilled professionals would start looking elsewhere because of the cost, inflexibility to change jobs etc. I don't even know any country that give citizenship after 8 years because they are said they want to be in line with many other countries criterion. They should kukuma close borders

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 2:41pm On Jun 04, 2023
Solumtoya:

Ridiculous but was expected.
(Expectations: When a non Aryan Race person gets into power, it was done on a purpose. Even if they closes border now, no one would say it's all about rac!sm; yeah an Indian is in power not White...Tools)
I do not know how it would affect the already granted visas, but I surely know they overreacts in their decisions.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 2:44pm On Jun 04, 2023
hyzich:

Tbh the UK is confused because I don't see how this will solve the migration problems rather skilled professionals would start looking elsewhere because of the cost, inflexibility to change jobs etc. I don't even know any country that give citizenship after 8 years because they are said they want to be in line with many other countries criterion. They should kukuma close borders

I would rather head to far away Australia or US with all their gun wahala than wait 8 years
Very confused country. The one they are doing sef, person still dey vex and ponder.

Anyways, it's their country, they can do as they like

Make them Sha dey play
smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abdulhakem01: 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
profemebee:
best comment today.. tired of all the arguments lol

i think I remember Banana, evaporated milk (the type wasn't specified) and one Kolaq product

Enjoyyyyy

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 3:04pm On Jun 04, 2023
That reminds me, I do not know if it was in this forum that a guy who works as a Ticket Officer is (The Black Guy with Beards?), he was saying something about coaching another that doesn't like the job due to racism on how he can coach him better?

Please indicate your moniker¿ 😃 I get interview witn una people.
From Biz man to ticket man...on God shaa. Smh*

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Stenvee: 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2023
Solumtoya:

Most foreigners will leave if this is implemented. Waiting 8 years for ILR is just too long cheesy. Other countries will take advantage and relax their immigration rules to accommodate the talents that would leave the UK.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 3:34pm On Jun 04, 2023
AgentXxx is your guy.

DoDirtsLikeWorm:
That reminds me, I do not know if it was in this forum that a guy who works as a Ticket Officer is (The Black Guy with Beards?), he was saying something about coaching another that doesn't like the job due to racism on how he can coach him better?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 3:37pm On Jun 04, 2023
Off Topic

Used DHL to ship 🚢 some edibles from Naija and it arrived within 2 days.

Lounging with snail 🐌 and kilishi.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SPDAZZY(f): 3:51pm On Jun 04, 2023
lightnlife:
Off Topic

How much did the delivery cost?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 3:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
lightnlife:
Off Topic

I’m interested. How much do they charge per kg to give me an idea of costs. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2023
Congrats bro ☺️ first interview? Even though I don’t know if all boroughs have same interview pattern since different agencies control different boroughs. I work with APCOA anyways First interviews are usually a test of Basic Maths, English(Spelling) and understanding time(GMT).
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

angry

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
Present Sir
lightnlife:
AgentXxx is your guy.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by iyatrustee(f): 4:52pm On Jun 04, 2023
lightnlife:
Off Topic

Dhl once told me they don't ship meat products when I wanted to buy kilishi! angry
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Osoderi(m): 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hello pls have any body flew from uk to Nigeria with Lufthansa airline. pls how is the flight? and do I need a transit visa for it. if yes pls how can I go about it. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 4:57pm On Jun 04, 2023
Stenvee:

Most foreigners will leave if this is implemented. Waiting 8 years for ILR is just too long cheesy. Other countries will take advantage and relax their immigration rules to accommodate the talents that would leave the UK.

Mainly those who are in very high demand in other countries such as doctors and registered nurses.
Most will suck it up and reason that it's only 3 years more.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by misskenny2284: 8:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
Pls I need help on this credit card issue. I have been trying to get one but was turned down by my bank. I tried American express but I was also turned down. I do know how to go about it. I have a full time job, lived in an address for more than a year.

I have not lived up to 3yrs in the UK and I have no direct debits on my bank account. My credit rating according to my bank app is 586.

The response from American Express was this:

Your application was evaluated using a credit scoring system, which looks at a range of factors, such as your payment history with American Express, information you provided in your application, information provided by the credit reference agency(ies) identified below, and information from your online interactions with American Express. The information we collect is outlined in our relevant privacy notices (Cardmember Privacy Notice/Online Privacy Statement (americanexpress.com/uk/). Unfortunately, your application did not meet our minimum required score.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 8:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
Your friend is being used as a money mule. The money being transferred could be proceeds from criminal dealings or as a ploy to conceal proceeds from HRMC. With time your friend's bank would call him to confirm source of fund. He should be very careful.

AgentXxx:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AirBay: 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2023
AgentXxx:

The popo will soon come for him, if he cannot explain source of funds or show evidence.. e don be for him.. I have personal experience with this.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2023
1. Are you on the electoral roll? If not, you need to be registered to vote in the UK

2. Do you have a contract sim card with any of the networks? If not you should look into acquiring one and set up direct debit to pay off the bills.

3. Do you pay rent? If yes how? Is standing order or direct debit an option you can use instead of direct cash payment?

4. What other utility bills are you paying?

Have you tried pre-approved credit cards?

misskenny2284:
Pls I need help on this credit card issue. I have been trying to get one but was turned down by my bank. I tried American express but I was also turned down. I do know how to go about it. I have a full time job, lived in an address for more than a year.

I have not lived up to 3yrs in the UK and I have no direct debits on my bank account. My credit rating according to my bank app is 586.

The response from American Express was this:

Your application was evaluated using a credit scoring system, which looks at a range of factors, such as your payment history with American Express, information you provided in your application, information provided by the credit reference agency(ies) identified below, and information from your online interactions with American Express. The information we collect is outlined in our relevant privacy notices (Cardmember Privacy Notice/Online Privacy Statement (americanexpress.com/uk/). Unfortunately, your application did not meet our minimum required score.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elisinho(m): 8:38pm On Jun 04, 2023
Please guys i need your help
I book a turkish airway for my friend and he missed the flight, how don i get a refund please as he cant come again
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by iyatrustee(f): 8:58pm On Jun 04, 2023
elisinho:
I book a turkish airway for my friend and he missed the flight, how don i get a refund please as he cant come again

First things first, is the ticket refundable?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2023
elisinho:

Money otilo...... 😂🤑💰
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
SPDAZZY:

How much did the delivery cost?

Peerielass:

I’m interested. How much do they charge per kg to give me an idea of costs. Thanks.

Paid #77,621.97 for a 7KG box. They also charged N400 to vacuum seal each of the ten item bags in the box. I'm thinking that's just for the boys. grin

The estimated arrival time was 5 working days but I got it within 2 days. The tracking was real time. Could see it went through Brussels before going to Heathrow and then Southampton.

iyatrustee:

Dhl once told me they don't ship meat products when I wanted to buy kilishi! angry

Ehnehn!

To be honest, we had a lot of back and forth on the content of the delivery until my sister spoke with someone she knows in DHL.

Some items were tagged contraband but not Kilishi.
I had loads of fried goat meat, chicken, fish and ponmo but wouldn't accept those. So, it was my sister's lucky day again.😁

Not sure if the Kilishi, danbu and snail were simply allowed based on connection but I presumed those were legal, otherwise they won't have scaled through the UK customs screening, plus Kilishi was boldly inscribed on the DHL shipping sticker right on the box.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (537) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Schoolhike, donklint86, Hkana, Divine88, Lexusgs430, ismailtaiwo2000, midasfx(m), toylaw and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.