Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (474145 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (545) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BouharryArtikou: 12:04am On Feb 21
mex551:
check Temu

Thank you very much.

Do you have any particular recommendations? Possibly from your experience of dashcam purchase?
I saw a very nice shoe on Temu. I ordered 1. Thru gave me a huge discount on a second pair. I paid for the two. When shoes arrived, I was shocked at t weight of the package. It weighed like feathers.
The two shoes I saw inside…. Well, it’s more than 5 months now? I have never worn the shoes.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 12:06am On Feb 21
Efftyy:

check Ali-express .
Very cheap and effective

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £9.26 65% Off | Dash Cam W/ IR Night Vision Loop Recording and 2" IPS Screen 1080P 3 Camera
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EQb17od

Please, there's no point in using a dashcam that you can't use when shyte hits the fan. I have been using a nextbase dashcam since 2018. Though, I left it in the car overnight in South east london once and they broke my glass to steal it. The dashcam was £65 pounds, I paid more than £1k to fix the glass. So, you have to learn to keep it safe every night.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by descarado: 12:06am On Feb 21
Lexusgs430:

Why not ...... Monkey must work, for baboon to chop......😂 🐒🐵🐒
You are never cilius kiss

Pls, where can I buy full goat without bone. Matured one o. As long as they can waybill it, I am fine.

Why is uk beef not sweet?
Do they feed them something diferent?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BouharryArtikou: 12:07am On Feb 21
Efftyy:

check Ali-express .
Very cheap and effective

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £9.26 65% Off | Dash Cam W/ IR Night Vision Loop Recording and 2" IPS Screen 1080P 3 Camera

Is ai express different from Temu? Please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by claremont(m): 12:07am On Feb 21
Best time to build a house in Nigeria is now.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BouharryArtikou: 12:07am On Feb 21
Efftyy:

check Ali-express .
Very cheap and effective

Is aliexpress different from Temu? Please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eyesaswide: 12:31am On Feb 21
Lexusgs430:

OP needs to clarify why his insurance was voided....... More to the story.........😂

Most of what you stated, is what your insurance company is supposed to do ........ But at the point of a claim, your insurance can run a DD check on the insured and void policy (if any discrepancy was uncovered)......

I have someone facing something similar to this.
He has gotten a full license but have failed to update the insurance company, now there is a claim, company is speaking oyibo, owner of the other car is on his neck to repair. Wahala too much, he no know wetin to do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:34am On Feb 21
descarado:

Pls, where can I buy full goat without bone. Matured one o. As long as they can waybill it, I am fine.

Your teeth don dey weak ........ Abi you dey wear dentures.........😭😂🤣

The goat we dey buy for my area, e get bone & tastes like Baba sani's pets.......🔪🐐🐐 (Farm slaughtered)...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:35am On Feb 21
descarado:

You wan dey compare ajebutter vs ajepako........😂🤣

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:39am On Feb 21
eyesaswide:

He has gotten a full license but have failed to update the insurance company, now there is a claim, company is speaking oyibo, owner of the other car is on his neck to repair. Wahala too much, he no know wetin to do

I remember advising switching license upon obtaining full UK DL....... But some people say my mouth dey smell..They claimed insurance was cheaper on
international DL ........

Now monkey don enter market, no way to return to bush ........🐒😜

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 1:57am On Feb 21
Can a Tier 2 (skilled worker) visa holder register a business in UK?

Can the dependant of a Tier 2 visa holder register a business in UK?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chreze(m): 3:05am On Feb 21
Abeg make person help, this jagajaga wey DVLA write too much.

Sey person need add photo with the return form if person de use BRP?

Or na just BRP and send back with stamp. Abeg help make I send their form tomorrow.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 5:08am On Feb 21
Lexusgs430:

If you love your sanity and don't want to be a victim of vehicle insurance fraud........ Make sure you install a daahcam.......

You have simply been fast gamed...... Victim of insurance fraud.... I think you did not act within reasonable time, to challenge this claim.......

Do you have any pictures or videos, of the incident........

(Sorry your friend)......,😂🤣

That friend had money to buy car so he has a phone, let him join this forum and ask himself. All these my friend, my uncle style of presentation dey always vex me abeg. People still dey form on faceless online forum again?? Nawa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 5:34am On Feb 21
mex551:
check Temu

Temu? Have you successfully got items delivered in good shape and time from them? I've read many conflicting reports about them, especially with their overly cheap prices.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 6:47am On Feb 21
claremont:

lol and how much is cement or a trip of sand now?

A month ago we bought for 4500 naira but today it’s more than 10.000 naira. Sand was bought for 27000 and now it’s 35000.

Naira is going down while cost of goods and services are going up

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by directonpc(m): 7:25am On Feb 21
claremont:
When you dey buy cement at 10K?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Atk1nson(m): 8:01am On Feb 21
eyesaswide:

It has been discussed multiple times here.

In addition whatever savings he was pursuing when he did not notify the insurance company, he will lose it in multiple folds when he does a new poilicy and they ask him for the circumstance behind the last policy cancelation and any claims made against him

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BorisJohnson(f): 8:05am On Feb 21
Hello people (especially AmEx users).
Can I transfer or donate my Amex BA companion voucher? I do have one companion voucher which will expire in March.

Also, I just maxed out my avios for the year (I spent £12,000 and have got a new companion voucher. Will any more spending accrue more avios for me? Or I have to wait till June to start getting avioses?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:19am On Feb 21
BorisJohnson:
Can I transfer or donate my Amex BA companion voucher? I do have one companion voucher which will expire in March.

Also, I just maxed out my avios for the year (I spent £12,000 and have got a new companion voucher. Will any more spending accrue more avios for me? Or I have to wait till June to start getting avioses?

I know one can transfer to nectar as I have done before but not sure about donating.

I have maxed twice but only transferred few points to nectar. Don’t even know that those points can expire until I read your post now
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 8:20am On Feb 21
BorisJohnson:

Bad news: companion vouchers are non transferable. You must always be one of the named passengers.

Good news: You can conto he accruing points. It's unlimited, I believe. The 12k just means you've gotten the companion voucher but it doesn't interrupt your normal points accrual.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SavageResponse(m): 8:55am On Feb 21
ReesheesuKnack:

So, after coming here, wanting to diss someone, you ended up making mockery of yourself.

1. You certainly have zero 0️⃣ understanding of what tautology is, or what it means to say something is tautological.
Granted, OP used the word ‘Borrow’ instead of ‘Lent’. Is that tautology? Hell NO!

You certainly don’t know what ‘tautological grammar’ means.

Sorry sir/maam.

I used the word "Tautology" for want of a better word to convey the import of what I said, not because I do not know the meaning of the word

It pisses me off when Nigerians use sentences such as "Borrow me your book" instead of "Lend me your book" or "Am going to the supermarket" instead of "I'm going to the supermarket"

It is true that we are not native speakers of the English language but if you have lived long enough among native speakers of English I expect to see some improvement

@ToshoTosin my post was not meant to diss you so please don't think too much of it smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SavageResponse(m): 9:02am On Feb 21
missjekyll:
How rude.

I see people have been having several goes at you, Professor.

I wonder what your IELTS band was. Even 9.5s are not this rude. Gosh

Did I say anywhere that I live in the UK or that I have plans to relocate there?

I have never written IELTS in my life and I have no plans of doing so, I only visit Europe and return to Nigeria

Anytime you see me in Europe or America on a permanent basis just know that Nigeria is already on fire (But we all know that's not gonna happen) grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:39am On Feb 21
SavageResponse:

I used the word "Tautology" for want of a better word to convey the import of what I said, not because I do not know the meaning of the word

It pisses me of when Nigerians use sentences such as "Borrow me your book" instead of "Lend me your book" or "Am going to the supermarket" instead of "I'm going to the supermarket"

It is true that we are not native speakers of the English language but if you have lived long enough among native speakers of English I expect to see some improvement

@ToshoTosin my post was not meant to diss you so please don't think too much of it smiley

Pisses me off not of

19 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 9:42am On Feb 21
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Professor can't review his own english.. hehehehe..

this life sha

justwise:

Pisses me off not of

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:45am On Feb 21
profemebee:

this life sha

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:03am On Feb 21
justwise:

Pisses me off not of

You people are like hyena's........ 😜🙄🤣

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:05am On Feb 21
SavageResponse:

I used the word "Tautology" for want of a better word to convey the import of what I said, [/b]not because I do not know the meaning of the word

It pisses me of when Nigerians use sentences such as "[b]Borrow
me your book" instead of "Lend me your book" or "Am going to the supermarket" instead of "I'm going to the supermarket"

Make i add one more point. Why was your explanation, lacking punctuations? 🙄😜

Only one comma, you can do better...... 😁

19 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SavageResponse(m): 10:32am On Feb 21
justwise:

Pisses me off not of

I'm sure you know it's a typographical error grin

All the same I would rather have a typographical error than write "Borrow me 5K instead" of "Lend me 5K" or "I would like to borrow 5K from you".
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SavageResponse(m): 10:33am On Feb 21
profemebee:

this life sha

Britiko this one sweet you for belle well well grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 10:39am On Feb 21
pls speak english... professors shouldn't be speaking pidgin .. that's razz for your "standard"

it should be "Hey Brit, my limited proficiency in English brings you joy and satisfaction."

SavageResponse:

Britiko this one sweet you for belle well well grin

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:43am On Feb 21
Lexusgs430:

You people are like hyena's........ 😜🙄🤣

I really don't like it when people start acting like grammar police officer online.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:44am On Feb 21
SavageResponse:

I'm sure you know it's a typographical error grin

No its not.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (545) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Hkana, Controlv and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.