Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (474133 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (545) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by skankhunt101: 11:05pm On Mar 15
Hello, pls i received a letter today from Tv License people, saying that i should expect a visit from an enforcement officer on the 22nd of this month, as there’s no record of a tv license at my address.

I nor get tv licence but just want to confirm if it’s compulsory to have one as them don dey threaten already say i may pay a fine of up to £1000. Any advice on what to do will be much appreciated, thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:32pm On Mar 15
skankhunt101:
Hello, pls i received a letter today from Tv License people, saying that i should expect a visit from an enforcement officer on the 22nd of this month, as there’s no record of a tv license at my address.

I nor get tv licence but just want to confirm if it’s compulsory to have one as them don dey threaten already say i may pay a fine of up to £1000. Any advice on what to do will be much appreciated, thanks

Do you want the legal answer or the illegal answer......😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Taal17: 11:32pm On Mar 15
skankhunt101:

;Dits compulsory o
How will BBC chop?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Taal17: 11:33pm On Mar 15
@hustla
Logged in to say congrats on your degree
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AKALAMAGBO: 11:36pm On Mar 15
It’s not compulsory… They sent me a letter about twice, I told them I’m not interested and I don’t watch TV.

They threatened brick and stone but I didn’t answer them and they stopped sending letters….
Taal17:

;Dits compulsory o
How will BBC chop?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by NezzyMike: 11:44pm On Mar 15
rowon:
Good afternoon all. Please kindly advised. My wife was accused sleeping on duty where she works as a relief support worker in Scotland by an agency staff. She just Cos with another company recently. She has been suspended where she does relief support work and would be invited for disciplinary committee. She told me she was surprised the agency staff could do such because that very day the agency requested she wanted to leave 15 minutes earlier closing time because she lost someone . She gladly accepted .
Please kindly advise on how defend herself at the disciplinary committee so her license would not revoked if reported to the regulatory body (SSSC) and eventually the main employer will withdraw their COS . PLEASE WE NEED YOUR ADVICE!

If no video evidence, abeg don't ever agree you slept on duty. I hope you registered with a union. Stick to the 15 minutes of leaving earlier cus you lost a loved one. Be consistent

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Taal17: 11:49pm On Mar 15
AKALAMAGBO:
It’s not compulsory… They sent me a letter about twice, I told them I’m not interested and I don’t watch TV.

They threatened brick and stone but I didn’t answer them and they stopped sending letters….
You're not the OP

Did the OP say he does not have a TV? He only said he doesn’t have a TV licence

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by skankhunt101: 12:03am On Mar 16
Lexusgs430:

Do you want the legal answer or the illegal answer......😁

I want both abeg😀
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by skankhunt101: 12:06am On Mar 16
Taal17:

;Dits compulsory o
How will BBC chop?

But i don’t watch BBC na. Only watch Netflix and Youtube.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:13am On Mar 16
skankhunt101:

I want both abeg😀

It's illegal not to have a TV licence, if your TV, smartphone, laptop, tablet smartwatch etc etc etc.... Connects to BBC and you watch live streaming from the BBC(watch BBC or not) .......... So this is the legal answer......😂

The illegal answer, if you have all of the above devices and all conditions remains the same.......... Simply ignore all their threat letters (they would continually send them and post inspection dates)....... Just ignore, don't open your doors to any unknown face + shut curtains ..........😀😁

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Hkana: 12:21am On Mar 16
After all said and done, the bottom line is, the cause of all the unnecessary outbursts could only have been a lack of comprehension and really low emotional intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by skankhunt101: 12:23am On Mar 16
Lexusgs430:

It's illegal not to have a TV licence, if your TV, smartphone, laptop, tablet smartwatch etc etc etc.... Connects to BBC and you watch live streaming from the BBC(watch BBC or not) .......... So this is the legal answer......😂

The illegal answer, if you have all of the above devices and all conditions remains the same.......... Simply ignore all their threat letters (they would continually send them and post inspection dates)....... Just ignore, don't open your doors to any unknown face + shut curtains ..........😀😁

Thanks for your response, i’d make good use of this info🙏🏾
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:37am On Mar 16
Hkana:
After all said and done, the bottom line is, the cause of all the unnecessary outbursts could only have been a lack of comprehension and really low emotional intelligence.

You can say that again (plus many more unknown factors)........😂😀
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 1:11am On Mar 16
skankhunt101:

But i don’t watch BBC na. Only watch Netflix and Youtube.
They sent me a letter, and I called them to let them know that I don’t own a TV and don’t stream anything on my laptop or my phone, not even YouTube or Netflix. They agreed to defer it for 12 months. I also gave them a pseudonym and not my actual name, just to protect my identity. After 12 months, I will call them again to say the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by topellycategory: 4:03am On Mar 16
dupyshoo:
It was your comment I quoted not mine. You specifically typed that, so be mindful of what you type next time.

I don't really care if you call me his "die-hard" fan but as you, "his die-hard enemy" are "calling" him out, I am able to call you out too when I believe it is tending towards "picking" on the person.

Everyone can use grammar on the thread.

I'm not denying I typed it & I understand what I'm saying, call me out anytime you want since you choose to be a die hard fans that couldn't say things like it's , you can continue looking for english grammar to prove your point .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 4:24am On Mar 16
kaybee3:
Sad scene 💔
https:///oluomoofderby/status/1768752973042037239?s=46&t=1KBNpZHFu6igydDandXWNw

This link did not open, but if it is about the death of one Dipo, it's one death too many. May God help us... After all the hustle, relocation, better life in view etc... to just drop dead like that is disheartening to say the least. May he RIP.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 4:35am On Mar 16
TheUnburnt:
Please Am New Here. I want to ask if my friend divorce her dependent without telling the embassy. Will there be any punishment on her? She is the main applicant.
Thanks.

I hope you've been able to find the answers you seek?

I just want to chip in that the "couple" should find a non volatile way of settling their differences. They can divorce unofficially, live separately but remain "married" as it were while both sort their visas.

The punishment part of it should be left out for now because, there'll be enough "punishment" for both of them if they want to "scatter things." Home office dey para right now, if the lady divorces the guy and the guy also exposes a single misrepresentation during their visa processing (no matter how small,) both of them would find themselves back home in Nigeria shortly...

If it's a "Japa contract", they should honour it and keep mute. Simple.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 4:39am On Mar 16
Samguine:

I guess when you book the hotel, you make payment. They'll want to see your flight tickets (to and fro) and where you'll be staying. So, it is advisable you make refundable bookings just in case.

thanks mate, you have been far too kind
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:20am On Mar 16
Taal17:
@hustla
Logged in to say congrats on your degree

Thanks!

Stay online and contribute to good discussions too o

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 9:31am On Mar 16
ehizario2012:

This link did not open, but if it is about the death of one Dipo, it's one death too many. May God help us... After all the hustle, relocation, better life in view etc... to just drop dead like that is disheartening to say the least. May he RIP.
it's not that. It is about a black teenager (student) being bullied by some white students from school. They made him kiss their shoe.

On that link, Edit/Insert Twitter dotcom or X dotcom just after the http://

Ensure you write the dotcom the normal way. If I wrote it the proper way it would also be automatically erased, hence, why I wrote it as dotcom.

Nland automatically erased the complete link out

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wallg123: 9:32am On Mar 16
Free Anger management classes is ongoing make use of this opportunity grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ubby26: 10:27am On Mar 16
Thank you Chinlov.
Just called her. She is fully booked.

Chinlov:

Try Eirini 07949873578...Leeds to confidence... although she does Manual but she might have solution
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SPDAZZY(f): 11:06am On Mar 16
ubby26:
Thank you Chinlov.
Just called her. She is fully booked.

Try this guy in Leeds. He does automatic and he will first take you on an assesment drive to assess your readiness.

+44 7450 843774(Uche Van E)

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 11:08am On Mar 16
Just read that an arrest has been made by the police. It was really disheartening to watch the video yesterday.

I have been thinking hard since yesterday on how to educate my kids about handling bullies.

Treadway:
it's not that. It is about a black teenager (student) being bullied by some white students from school. They made him kiss their shoe.

On that link, Edit/Insert Twitter dotcom or X dotcom just after the http://

Ensure you write the dotcom the normal way. If I wrote it the proper way it would also be automatically erased, hence, why I wrote it as dotcom.

Nland automatically erased the complete link out

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Jamesclooney: 11:33am On Mar 16
dupyshoo:
Just read that an arrest has been made by the police. It was really disheartening to watch the video yesterday.

I have been thinking hard since yesterday on how to educate my kids about handling bullies.

Heart wrenching video indeed. Lots of cases on WhatsApp groups and social media of bullying in school. Some parents have responded by saying they’ll teach their kids self-defence or telling their child to target one of them in the group and the others will scram. But I’m not buying that solution. I feel it could end up badly. Please let’s have an open conversation on other options for kids facing bullying/racism, very horrible situation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by fatima04: 12:12pm On Mar 16
Congratulations to hustla on your distinction and Msc completion. All the best with the job search.

@lexus seems you no pay tithe to the community oo and cost of living crisis no make people see road. Transfer of aggression just dey happen anyhow.

Please keep up the good work and banter. Most times I wonder how you do it being consistent on NL over the years.

Thank God I was here to read up sha before justwise comes to clean up and funny to read the irony from the statement/previous post of most of the accusers.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by fatima04: 12:15pm On Mar 16
dupyshoo:

My growing fear about this country especially with kids frequent bullying. Recent case in point that makes it feel we are moving years backward is the Tory donor that *feels like
shooting* a black woman

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 12:42pm On Mar 16
https://news.sky.com/story/vaughan-gething-the-vets-son-and-cricket-fan-whos-set-to-become-waless-first-minister-13079100

From his family experiencing racism when his Welsh father moved his Zambian wife and young children to Wales, to becoming the first black / black-ish leader of any European country.

Calls for celebration 🎉🎊

@missjekyll, he's one of yours so I expect you'll be dropping party details asap grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 1:03pm On Mar 16
fatima04:

My growing fear about this country especially with kids frequent bullying. Recent case in point that makes it feel we are moving years backward is the Tory donor that *feels like
shooting* a black woman

That wasn't what he said though. Not even close.

Doesn't change the fact that the fellow is insane and his comments were completely racist.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 1:03pm On Mar 16
Congratulations Hustla. All the best!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by fatima04: 1:20pm On Mar 16
Goodenoch:

That wasn't what he said though. Not even close.

Doesn't change the fact that the fellow is insane and his comments were completely racist.

Absolutely racist comment no matter how it is being spinned. And he did say *I think she should be shot* according to the reported news on reputable outlet

Edit: https://news.sky.com/story/who-is-tory-donor-frank-hester-and-what-did-he-reportedly-say-about-diane-abbott-13093261
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:26pm On Mar 16
fatima04:
Congratulations to hustla on your distinction and Msc completion. All the best with the job search.

@lexus seems you no pay tithe to the community oo and cost of living crisis no make people see road. Transfer of aggression just dey happen anyhow.

Please keep up the good work and banter. Most times I wonder how you do it being consistent on NL over the years.

Thank God I was here to read up sha before justwise comes to clean up and funny to read the irony from the statement/previous post of most of the accusers.

Thanks!

Lexus really needs to pay tithe

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (545) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Ticha, Goodenoch and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.