Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (460957 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by KOVIC19COVID20: 1:08pm On Mar 17
ehizario2012:

Lol. Someone once said the offsprings tend to gravitate towards the dominant race when marrying...

The more confusing it gets.
The son of a completely WHITE Welsh man. Whose mother is a black Zambian woman is now said to be the first BLACK first minister (leader) in Europe.

Who knows Ajuri Ngelale? Dude that was on Channels TV, later became Buhari’s media assistant and is now Tinubu’s assistant on media.

So if Ajuri Ngelale becomes president of Nigeria in 2027, we would have had the first White President in Africa?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 1:14pm On Mar 17
Lexusgs430:

Are you now FH spokesperson..... 😁

DA made her statements about the IRA, it took her time to change her views.......

Give FH about the same time too...... 😂

When it suits our narrative, we always try to forget or ignore history......
I’m certain she was held accountable when she made those views. Also by your logic, people should be judged by their previous views even though they no longer hold those views and it should be used to justify racist and murderous dangerous remarks.

You sound like my lost sister Nana Akua who is busy twerking for people that will never see her as an equal.

Lets stand up for our women when they are attacked instead of agreeing with the oppressors just to score talking points.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 1:30pm On Mar 17
LionInZion:

Just out of curiosity, what will happen to the woman's and her children's stay in the UK no that the main applicant is dead? How does Home Office handles matters like this? Zahra29, any idea?

If the lady is on a spouse visa, ie.her husband was British, settled etc , then there is a specific application that allows her to apply for ILR as a bereaved partner.

Unfortunately, for dependants where the sponsor was on a points based visa, the home office will consider cancelling leave, although they can also exercise discretion if there are compelling compassionate factors in the case.

There are guidelines, for example the home office must allow a minimum period of one
month after the date on which the individual died before they contact any dependants
about the case. If they decide to cancel leave they can also exercise discretion to allow longer than the usual 60 days to depart/vary leave.

In this time the woman could explore obtaining sponsorship (although this would understandably be quite challenging for the poor woman to do at this very sad and difficult time) or making a Discretionary Leave to Remain application which is considered for exceptional or compassionate circumstances that are not accommodated in other immigration rules. If granted, it is usually for a period of 30 months after which further leave may or may not be granted depending on the facts of the case.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:45pm On Mar 17
kwakudtraveller:

I’m certain she was held accountable when she made those views. Also by your logic, people should be judged by their previous views even though they no longer hold those views and it should be used to justify racist and murderous dangerous remarks.

You sound like my lost sister Nana Akua who is busy twerking for people that will never see her as an equal.

Lets stand up for our women when they are attacked instead of agreeing with the oppressors just to score talking points.

She only apologised and for another comment she made....... She was suspended from the party.......

Who stands for up for our brothers....... 🤔😉

If your sister also does wrong...... Call her out..... I don't see colour.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 2:12pm On Mar 17
Lexusgs430:

She only apologised and for another comment she made....... She was suspended from the party.......

If your sister also does wrong...... Call her out..... I don't see colour.......
In this case who did wrong? Dianne Abbot or Frank Hester?

She was suspended from the Party = Consequences
She apologised = Accountability and remorse.

What has the racist done since he made those remarks, and how does her previous comments make any sense to this current conversation? but here you are, defending a white man for comments made about black women.

Also, saying "who stands up for our brothers" is not the crux of the conversation so don’t deflect.

Lastly, your not seeing colour does not matter in the grand scheme of things. You are the minority race, and no matter how much you laugh with them and have them over for tea, to them, and as quoted by Femi Nylander "you will never be seen as more than a talking monkey"

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:15pm On Mar 17
kwakudtraveller:

In this case who did wrong? Dianne Abbot or Frank Hester?

She was suspended from the Party = Consequences
She apologised = Accountability and remorse.

What has the racist done since he made those remarks, and how does her previous comments make any sense to this current conversation? but here you are, defending a white man for comments made about black women.

Also, saying "who stands up for our brothers" is not the crux of the conversation so don’t deflect.

Lastly, your not seeing colour does not matter in the grand scheme of things. You are the minority race, and no matter how much you laugh with them and have them over for tea, to them, and as quoted by Femi Nylander "you will never be seen as more than a talking monkey"

Femi is the monkey, not me...... 🙊🐵

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 2:22pm On Mar 17
Lexusgs430:

Femi is the monkey, not me...... 🙊🐵
Trying to deflect with "humour". I see through you. 🙂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 2:38pm On Mar 17
kwakudtraveller:

I doubt if we (they) see Rishi Sunak, Hamza Yousaf & Vaughan Gething as merely ‘talking monkeys’.

That means 3/4 (75%) of the UK is led by ‘talking monkeys’?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 2:46pm On Mar 17
ReesheesuKnack:

I doubt if we (they) see Rishi Sunak, Hamza Yousaf & Vaughan Gething as merely ‘talking monkeys’.

In truth, do core racists see black Africans and say Chinese, Indians, Pakistani, North Africans etc as the same? Seems they have a special place in their dirty hearts for black Africans especially. Black Africans.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 2:53pm On Mar 17
ReesheesuKnack:

Wow these people holding high ranks in government has caused the end of racism and they do not face racism on a daily basis. Fantastic.

You know, I like how people like you pick on one point just to move away from the main conversation to a different debate because they failed to properly read the back and forth and the reason why a quote was mentioned 🙃
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 2:57pm On Mar 17
I find this a rather offensive question. Are you seeking to trivialise my very real fears surrounding increased hostilities while going about my business? Hostilities that you are not immune from ,by the way.

I have told you exactly what the current convention is . The sensible thing for you to do is to research further to reassure yourself.

You, instead, chose to go the non-sensible route. Just as a polite inquiry, Why would you do that?

KOVIC19COVID20:

Based on this logic, it means when you go your door-knocking, you could identify as a white woman?

Means there is no need for you fear then. Yes?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 3:44pm On Mar 17
descarado:

E concern you?
Carry your bitterness comot for my face.

I decide where,whom I get information from, darling.
You hate it, dive into late Victoria.
I don't give a dime kiss kiss
rest

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elengine: 5:42pm On Mar 17
It is a very simple case. If she is a dependant,all she needs to do is to engage a lawyer and apply for LR and she will continue to renew it. I have people that got LR just because she got job after school but has no dependant and she gave birth to a son during study. Those guys largely considers what they would lose if you leave too, so far you have a job and not a liability, then you can get any visa to extend your stay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Hkana: 5:45pm On Mar 17
missjekyll:
I find this a rather offensive question. Are you seeking to trivialise my very real fears surrounding increased hostilities while going about my business? Hostilities that you are not immune from ,by the way.

I have told you exactly what the current convention is . The sensible thing for you to do is to research further to reassure yourself.

You, instead, chose to go the non-sensible route. Just as a polite inquiry, Why would you do that?

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:51pm On Mar 17
kwakudtraveller:

Trying to deflect with "humour". I see through you. 🙂

You see nothing...... 🤣

Make a difference within your immediate, social and professional networks........ So they don't see you as a monkey........ Simple......😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by yolkman20: 6:53pm On Mar 17
Anyone in Stratford upon Avon here?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 7:11pm On Mar 17
ehizario2012:

In truth, do core racists see black Africans and say Chinese, Indians, Pakistani, North Africans etc as the same? Seems they have a special place in their dirty hearts for black Africans especially. Black Africans.

Is the discussion about core racists or about the average Brit?

Or, in other words, what proportion of the UK do you think are core racists?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 7:16pm On Mar 17
kwakudtraveller:

Wow these people holding high ranks in government has caused the end of racism and they do not face racism on a daily basis. Fantastic.

You know, I like how people like you pick on one point just to move away from the main conversation to a different debate because they failed to properly read the back and forth and the reason why a quote was mentioned 🙃

Actually, it is you who is deflecting and shifting the goal posts of the discussion.

The point in issue which you raised was that by being a member of the minority race, one would always be seen as a talking monkey, and then someone responded saying that can’t possibly be true because people from minority races have risen to the very top of the society. And those are just examples, everywhere you look there are black CEOs, executives, ministers, MPs etc.

You’re now saying that despite that racism has not been wiped out, but no one said it has in the first place so what exactly are you rebutting? The point is that yes there’s prejudice but it’s demonstrably not as bad as you are saying it is.

PS. I agree fully that the comments were extremely racial and offensive and that there ought to be consequences despite the fact that he has apologized. I don’t know what those consequences can be because he’s not a public servant and his company is the one with NHS contracts, not him as an individual, and it would not be sensible to dispose of those if they were the best choice among competitors based on his personal views. I would boycott his businesses in my personal capacity if I could, however.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 7:21pm On Mar 17
Lexusgs430:

Absolutely nothing she has said in the past justifies the vile comments that man made.

Beyond being insulting to her, the comments reflected prejudice against black women and women in general. If he had stuck to insulting her as a person, I wouldn’t object because people insult politicians everyday, but linking his hate of her to being black woman showed that he’s a racist and a potentially violent one at that.

None of the comments she has ever made approaches these ones in severity and I dare you to disprove that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 7:23pm On Mar 17
kwakudtraveller:

Do you believe you are seen as nothing more than a talking monkey at your place of work?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 8:00pm On Mar 17
Zahra29:

If the lady is on a spouse visa, ie.her husband was British, settled etc , then there is a specific application that allows her to apply for ILR as a bereaved partner.

Unfortunately, for dependants where the sponsor was on a points based visa, the home office will consider cancelling leave, although they can also exercise discretion if there are compelling compassionate factors in the case.

There are guidelines, for example the home office must allow a minimum period of one
month after the date on which the individual died before they contact any dependants
about the case. If they decide to cancel leave they can also exercise discretion to allow longer than the usual 60 days to depart/vary leave.

In this time the woman could explore obtaining sponsorship (although this would understandably be quite challenging for the poor woman to do at this very sad and difficult time) or making a Discretionary Leave to Remain application which is considered for exceptional or compassionate circumstances that are not accommodated in other immigration rules. If granted, it is usually for a period of 30 months after which further leave may or may not be granted depending on the facts of the case.

I wish they would grant her at the bold which gives her enough time to grieve and get herself together. I only wish.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 8:19pm On Mar 17
Zahra29:

Thank you so much Zahra29 for the well detailed answer. I have been curious about this since reading various news of newly migrated Nigerians dying.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:16pm On Mar 17
Goodenoch:

Absolutely nothing she has said in the past justifies the vile comments that man made.

Beyond being insulting to her, the comments reflected prejudice against black women and women in general. If he had stuck to insulting her as a person, I wouldn’t object because people insult politicians everyday, but linking his hate of her to being black woman showed that he’s a racist and a potentially violent one at that.

None of the comments she has ever made approaches these ones in severity and I dare you to disprove that.

You have your opinions, I also have mine..... I have my measure of tolerance, you also have yours...... Let's agree to disagree......👍
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 9:50pm On Mar 17
100% agree with this. However, he employs a lot of immigrants. I have personally applied to TPP before. Would the immigrants not be targetted if the company loses the NHS contract? They can lose their sponsorship.

The man is a racist though. I am however not sure of the best way to penalise him.

Goodenoch:

PS. I agree fully that the comments were extremely racial and offensive and that there ought to be consequences despite the fact that he has apologized. I don’t know what those consequences can be because he’s not a public servant and his company is the one with NHS contracts, not him as an individual, and it would not be sensible to dispose of those if they were the best choice among competitors based on his personal views. I would boycott his businesses in my personal capacity if I could, however.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OgbeniOptional(m): 10:02pm On Mar 17
I will be extremely happy if she can get the leave to remain for 30 months, enough to navigate one’s life.

Zahra29:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 10:42am On Mar 18
this bullying thing.... always been there.. i'm happy that this somehow leaked/released for people to see.. and happy he got arrested

Bullying is a No No..... irrespective of race.

Those boys are lucky... if they tried it in South London, the black boys will run them over..

I don't even know what the best way to handle this is..

teach MMA? self-defense?

Bullying also makes kids join gangs for protection (especially kids that can't open up to their parents Or those who open up but their parents don't listen/have their time)

The gangs become family....

It is a tough one

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gloriouscrown: 11:27am On Mar 18
elengine:
It is a very simple case. If she is a dependant,all she needs to do is to engage a lawyer and apply for LR and she will continue to renew it. I have people that got LR just because she got job after school but has no dependant and she gave birth to a son during study. Those guys largely considers what they would lose if you leave too, so far you have a job and not a liability, then you can get any visa to extend your stay

Hello Elengine, could you please explain further? Having a child in the UK can get you a leave to remain? Wow... I know plenty people who are interested in this info oo.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 11:38am On Mar 18
OgbeniOptional:
I will be extremely happy if she can get the leave to remain for 30 months, enough to navigate one’s life.

Yes, that would be good. I think she might be granted at least the remainder of her current visa, it depends on the caseworker tbh.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 11:39am On Mar 18
Gloriouscrown:

Hello Elengine, could you please explain further? Having a child in the UK can get you a leave to remain? Wow... I know plenty people who are interested in this info oo.

Thank you.

The leave to remain in this case is as a result of her circumstance (death of the main applicant) and not because she had a child in the U.K.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 11:41am On Mar 18
Gloriouscrown:

Thank you.

I'm also interested in hearing how (outside of the British child/7 year residence exception).

There's so much misinformation flying around these days.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gloriouscrown: 11:45am On Mar 18
Raalsalghul:

The leave to remain in this case is as a result of her circumstance (death of the main applicant) and not because she had a child in the U.K.

I was asking the Op about the person he knows who got a leave to remain because she had a child while studying and got a job after school. I just wanted a bit more clarity from the Op.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Saccharine: 11:46am On Mar 18
Santa2:

Already enrolled my kid for boxing for the past one year..upgraded to kick boxing recently.. No Time.

It's like my kids will head the boxing / kick boxing, ju jitsu way, this karate they're doing seems too soft.

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (532) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: vanvickie(m), toughest007, thiagoteres(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.