Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,617 members, 7,827,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (482893 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (550) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:58pm On Apr 28
kwakudtraveller:
My wife and I are putting in an application for a Canadian visitor visa. For those of us living in the UK, when you applied for the visa, did you type in your BRP details in the National Identity Number section? If you did, what did you select, as there’s no section for UK residents?

Or, did you just upload your BRP in the optional documents section? My visa expires in 2028, but you know the BRP shows an expiry date of December 2024. Will this be an issue for the Canadian Embassy? I don’t want them to assume that we plan on running away.Β 

Biko no run away o...... πŸ˜œπŸ˜πŸƒπŸƒπŸƒ
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by okposm: 3:58pm On Apr 28
iyatrustee:

Biko read what you wrote again!

She gave her shift to someone and the someone used an ID with her name but with a man's picture. Really? cheesy

This thing is common especially among students. It is also possible he is using someone's paper to work.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by seunoj: 4:05pm On Apr 28
kwakudtraveller:
My wife and I are putting in an application for a Canadian visitor visa. For those of us living in the UK, when you applied for the visa, did you type in your BRP details in the National Identity Number section? If you did, what did you select, as there’s no section for UK residents?

Or, did you just upload your BRP in the optional documents section? My visa expires in 2028, but you know the BRP shows an expiry date of December 2024. Will this be an issue for the Canadian Embassy? I don’t want them to assume that we plan on running away.Β 
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 5:07pm On Apr 28
Lexusgs430:

I am suspecting Okoye used her old ID badge, when she was a student nurse.........

How did he get it? This is a public service announcement ,including to myself,to destroy old BRPs and ID Cards
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:39pm On Apr 28
missjekyll:

How did he get it? This is a public service announcement ,including to myself,to destroy old BRPs and ID Cards

Peace would claim she misplaced it, but if investigators could prove/identify a relationship between peace and okoye........ Kasala don burst....... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:44pm On Apr 28
Let's kindly educate ourselves and our children, about safe transfer money account scams..... My daughter almost fell for this scam, but my daughter would always consult her father, prior to any financial engagement......

This move just saved her plenty....... 😊

https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/money-transfer-scams

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/decisions-case-studies/case-studies/customer-asked-transfer-money-account-threat

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 5:58pm On Apr 28
Lexusgs430:

Peace would claim she misplaced it, but if investigators could prove/identify a relationship between peace and okoye........ Kasala don burst....... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

Hope she reported the displacement. Otherwise she is toast.

I m not exactly sure why people like trouble. Hope he is caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law with his accomplices.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 080bjaked(m): 6:00pm On Apr 28
Lexusgs430:

I think that's somewhat circumstantial sha cos people steal from those they know so she can still claim it was stolen since (to the best of my knowledge), theres no UK law against not reporting a stolen item. wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 6:05pm On Apr 28
080bjaked:

I think that's somewhat circumstantial sha cos people steal from those they know so she can still claim it was stolen since (to the best of my knowledge), theres no UK law against not reporting a stolen item. wink

That's why I said the investigators, would do some digging.......

Don't forget, if he did it once, he would have done it multiple times ........πŸ˜€

Investigators would look through all agencies peace is registered to work, I bet you ....... This buried body, got it's legs exposed.........😁🀣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 080bjaked(m): 7:12pm On Apr 28
Please I'm seeking advice. Royalmail misplace my passport sometime in Feb. Now I'm trying to apply for a new one but cos of the requirement of the NG commission in UK, I need a Police report. Unfortunately, it seems UK Police stations don't give reports for lost items. Has anyone had a similar issue and how was it addressed please?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:08pm On Apr 28
Chief of defence, is so jobless ....... He decides to invite them...... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’

Prince Harry and Meghan will visit Nigeria to 'participate in traditional cultural activities' in u… https://mol.im/a/13359723 via https://dailym.ai/android

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Samguine: 10:48pm On Apr 28
directonpc:

Just got my passport back

Today I got my passport back (via Royal Mail) from TLS contact Manchester.

I applied for a business visitor visa via German embassy (I'm traveling to Berlin in June)

Biometric date: 11/04
Processing turned green: 25/04
Passport delivered: 27/04

I got a 30 days multi entry visa valid for 3 months.

Congratulations. Germany is a beautiful country.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:54pm On Apr 28
directonpc:

Just got my passport back

Today I got my passport back (via Royal Mail) from TLS contact Manchester.

I applied for a business visitor visa via German embassy (I'm traveling to Berlin in June)

Biometric date: 11/04
Processing turned green: 25/04
Passport delivered: 27/04

I got a 30 days multi entry visa valid for 3 months.

When you travel to Germany, ensure each time you step outside, your passport is always with you....... The Germany police would request to see your passport, on the spot.......

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 11:28pm On Apr 28
Wow ....mind sharing what the scam was all about?

Lexusgs430:
Let's kindly educate ourselves and our children, about safe transfer money account scams..... My daughter almost fell for this scam, but my daughter would always consult her father, prior to any financial engagement......

This move just saved her plenty....... 😊

https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/money-transfer-scams

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/decisions-case-studies/case-studies/customer-asked-transfer-money-account-threat
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:38pm On Apr 28
bigtt76:
Wow ....mind sharing what the scam was all about?

About her account been compromised, so her bank wants her to move money to a safe account......

I was fast asleep and my phone was on DND mode, but due to family off restrictions mode, she kept calling me repeatedly, my watch kept vibrating (till I could ignore no more)........

The scammers had already dropped account details for the money transfer (this would be reported to action fraud in the morning)...... πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Whilst I was speaking with her, the scammers kept calling(they must have realised the game was up)...... πŸ™„πŸ˜œ

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 4:00am On Apr 29
Lexusgs430:

I hope you're already listening to adverts, the British Army are seeking new soldiers........ 😜😊

Will rather pack my bag and baggage’s to motherland
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by heroshark(m): 6:53am On Apr 29
Lexusgs430:

When you travel to Germany, ensure each time you step outside, your passport is always with you....... The Germany police would request to see your passport, on the spot.......

I have been to Germany alot of times, nobody ever ask of my passport.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:06am On Apr 29
heroshark:

I have been to Germany alot of times, nobody ever ask of my passport.

I have been to German a few times, and I would say I have been asked for my passport, more times than I can remember......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Borrow222: 7:17am On Apr 29
Oga Lexusgs430, My passport will expire by September 14.

Please how can I renew it from UK. I am in Manchester.

Thanking you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:26am On Apr 29
Borrow222:
Oga Lexusgs430, My passport will expire by September 14.

Please how can I renew it from UK. I am in Manchester.

Thanking you.

You would have to visit NHC in London...... You can apply 6 months before expiration.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Borrow222: 7:32am On Apr 29
Lexusgs430:

You would have to visit NHC in London...... You can apply 6 months before expiration.......

Thanks mate.

I was even thinking that it is now online application.
Going to London from Manchester for passport renewal na wah oo.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:33am On Apr 29
Borrow222:

Thanks mate.

I was even thinking that it is now online application.
Going to London from Manchester for passport renewal na wah oo.

You fill the forms online, but you must still appear at NHC ..... You would receive a date for appearance.....

You know we love to stress our people......😁

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Borrow222: 7:39am On Apr 29
Lexusgs430:

You fill the forms online, but you must still appear at NHC ..... You would receive a date for appearance.....

You know we love to stress our people......😁

Thanks so much for the quick response.
I assume it is the same online portal they are still using

Do you have their link lemme compare.?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:41am On Apr 29
Borrow222:

Thanks so much for the quick response.
I assume it is the same online portal they are still using

Do you have their link lemme compare.?

https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by roak: 8:19am On Apr 29
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by roak: 8:30am On Apr 29
Immigration Lawyer Advise needed or anyone learned on immigration matters
COS issued just before the new immigration rules came in place on 4th April.

On COS employer ticked YES confirming my Job was on the shortage list.

Currently filling work visa form, and asked to select YES or NO to question" is your job on the current Immigration Skills List - ISL "

Note: (ISL replaced the shortage list from 4th April).

My only confusion now is presently my job isn't on the ISL but when my COS was issued my job was on list... My COS is still within its 3 months validity period .

Do I tick yes to that question following whats on my COS?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 080bjaked(m): 8:35am On Apr 29
080bjaked:
Please I'm seeking advice. Royalmail misplace my passport sometime in Feb. Now I'm trying to apply for a new one but cos of the requirement of the NG commission in UK, I need a Police report. Unfortunately, it seems UK Police stations don't give reports for lost items. Has anyone had a similar issue and how was it addressed please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 8:41am On Apr 29
Wow, thanks for sharing this and especially the family off restriction thing for DND nice one.

I experienced similar in Naija when one banker called to say they were moving my funds to another of the bank's product and he did cos I saw the alert while on the call luckily I told him no and went to a bank branch to report it. I hope its not one of these guys who japa here trying to re-enact most of their tricks back home πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I think you should also get her to move her bulk funds into a secure savings account without a debit card attached to it and only leave funds she needs for daily transactions on the current account, if she hasn't already.

Lexusgs430:

About her account been compromised, so her bank wants her to move money to a safe account......

I was fast asleep and my phone was on DND mode, but due to family off restrictions mode, she kept calling me repeatedly, my watch kept vibrating (till I could ignore no more)........

The scammers had already dropped account details for the money transfer (this would be reported to action fraud in the morning)...... πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Whilst I was speaking with her, the scammers kept calling(they must have realised the game was up)...... πŸ™„πŸ˜œ

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 8:43am On Apr 29
Get an official confirmation from Royal Mail and send to the High Commission if they would accept it and if not, just chook dem some pouns πŸ€·πŸΏβ€β™€οΈπŸ€­

[quote author=080bjaked post=129689206][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by heroshark(m): 9:16am On Apr 29
Lexusgs430:

I have been to German a few times, and I would say I have been asked for my passport, more times than I can remember......

Omo! Maybe your face dey scary πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:36am On Apr 29
heroshark:

Omo! Maybe your face dey scary πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Don't tell anyone........🀣😁

When abroad, my yansh no dey siddon one place......πŸ˜€
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by directonpc(m): 3:58pm On Apr 29
Lexusgs430:

Na wa oo. That's serious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (550) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Lindakam, chocome, boerzem, jedisco(m), ipassu and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.