Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,654 members, 7,865,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:15 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (564) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (544413 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mamatukwas: 12:03pm On May 23
Guys there’s chatter (seems in England only for now) about getting ready for emergencies and stocking up on supplies. It’s like the media know something we do not.

Anyone have any insight into this?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ejid1: 12:37pm On May 23
Mamatukwas:
Guys there’s chatter (seems in England only for now) about getting ready for emergencies and stocking up on supplies. It’s like the media know something we do not.

Is this about the war?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 12:51pm On May 23
Mamatukwas:

The government launched a website at the London Defence Conference on emergency planning in the event of floods, blackouts etc etc. https://prepare.campaign.gov.uk and that's what has been making the news rounds, with media houses click-baiting to make it seem more dramatic than it is. I believe the recent water contamination in Devon heightened perceptions of danger as well, because having access to clean water is one of the top recommendations in the guide. Plus, the met has released yellow warnings for thunderstorms in some parts of the country.

There's clearly an increased threat level with the geopolitical situation globally but I don't think there's anything imminent - fingers crossed I don't get proven wrong cheesy

Anyway, other countries have similar guidance published for their citizens so it seems to be par for the course.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mamatukwas: 2:01pm On May 23
Ejid1:

Is this about the war?

Biko which war oh? I’m not aware of any war.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mamatukwas: 2:04pm On May 23
Goodenoch:

The government launched a website at the London Defence Conference on emergency planning in the event of floods, blackouts etc etc. https://prepare.campaign.gov.uk and that's what has been making the news rounds, with media houses click-baiting to make it seem more dramatic than it is. I believe the recent water contamination in Devon heightened perceptions of danger as well, because having access to clean water is one of the top recommendations in the guide. Plus, the met has released yellow warnings for thunderstorms in some parts of the country.

There's clearly an increased threat level with the geopolitical situation globally but I don't think there's anything imminent - fingers crossed I don't get proven wrong cheesy

Anyway, other countries have similar guidance published for their citizens so it seems to be par for the course.

Hmm. Thanks for shining more light on it. I heard about the water issue, how it metamorphosed into emergency planning is what confused me. My friend in SW London said some stores are emptying out in a way that is reminiscent of Covid times.

The government should either kill this narrative or you people should please keep this panic in England. We the Scottish do not want to relate smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ejid1: 2:30pm On May 23
Mamatukwas:

Lol the Russian invasion of Ukraine obviously.A lot of European leaders have been hinting at the possibility of an Escalation into European countries.If you’ve been watching the news i’m sure you’d have caught some it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 3:10pm On May 23
So the English language is how they want to measure people’s level of intelligence. After studying in English and passing a course taught in English, migrants now have to go through another level of scrutiny. Bruuhhh make them cancel the visa make we rest.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Datakey: 3:56pm On May 23
Lexusgs430:

I would not pay, but if Madam wants to pay, it would be coming from her account........😁😂

Good day boss. Monzo just offered me a £2000 credit card, do I accept it or reject it as I really don’t want anything to affect my credit score.

My score is currently 894 after loosing 20 points last month. Still can’t explain how Experian gave me plus 20 as all my bills are on direct debit.

I have Amex and Barclays forward CC. Should I accept this Monzo or I should leave it. Don’t want it to affect my score
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mamatukwas: 4:11pm On May 23
Ejid1:

Lol the Russian invasion of Ukraine obviously.A lot of European leaders have been hinting at the possibility of an Escalation into European countries.If you’ve been watching the news i’m sure you’d have caught some it.

But that is nothing new. I thought there was a new war brewing somewhere. Anyhoo.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:21pm On May 23
Datakey:

Good day boss. Monzo just offered me a £2000 credit card, do I accept it or reject it as I really don’t want anything to affect my credit score.

My score is currently 894 after loosing 20 points last month. Still can’t explain how Experian gave me plus 20 as all my bills are on direct debit.

I have Amex and Barclays forward CC. Should I accept this Monzo or I should leave it. Don’t want it to affect my score

It's Monzo flex, right ....... Collect it (you don't have to spend it)..... But you know £2000 is hibernating, awaiting launch mode........🤣😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 7:39pm On May 23
kwakudtraveller:
So the English language is how they want to measure people’s level of intelligence. After studying in English and passing a course taught in English, migrants now have to go through another level of scrutiny. Bruuhhh make them cancel the visa make we rest.

Seconded!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Datakey: 7:40pm On May 23
Lexusgs430:

It's Monzo flex, right ....... Collect it (you don't have to spend it)..... But you know £2000 is hibernating, awaiting launch mode........🤣😂

Yes, it is Monzo flex. Won’t it affect my credit score?

I’m looking for a card that will probably give me up to 4k

Any recommendations?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 9:54pm On May 23
Is it normal to give landlord BRP while renting?
Landlord is asking for BRP, I thought share code would be enough
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:36pm On May 23
Datakey:

Any recommendations?

MBNA, Sainsbury's, M&S & Virgin money, are very generous givers.....😂😁

Do a soft check prior to full application (so your CR just gets a kiss, not a snog)........🤣😂

Excessive credit applications, would mark one's CR(only for a little while).......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:43pm On May 23
Viruses:
Is it normal to give landlord BRP while renting?
Landlord is asking for BRP, I thought share code would be enough

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-rent/using-immigration-documents

Send this link to your landlord....... 🤣👇

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gerrard59(m): 2:25am On May 24
kwakudtraveller:

Nigerians should be happy with this new development as we have better English pedagogy than India and Pakistan. Na Chinese I pity, but I doubt they are interested in working in the UK.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 3:58am On May 24
Mamatukwas:

Non of the leading countries with nuclear head have has got the balls for war directly between themselves. All they will do is fight their proxy war off their coast .

Be it China Russia US they all don’t have the balls for WW3
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 4:03am On May 24
Gerrard59:

Nigerians should be happy with this new development as we have better English pedagogy than India and Pakistan. Na Chinese I pity, but I doubt they are interested in working in the UK.

What they Chinese usually do is come here and tap from western education, do a little espionage here and there then go back and develop on what they learnt.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Datakey: 5:34am On May 24
Lexusgs430:

MBNA, Sainsbury's, M&S & Virgin money, are very generous givers.....😂😁

Do a soft check prior to full application (so your CR just gets a kiss, not a snog)........🤣😂

Excessive credit applications, would mark one's CR(only for a little while).......

Thanks boss.

Please how do I carry out a soft check ? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 6:30am On May 24
Datakey:

Thanks boss.

Please how do I carry out a soft check ? Thanks

By applying via their websites directly or using credit reference agencies portals......

They would only conduct a soft check initially, once credit application is approved, they might then conduct a hardcheck, to ascertain credit limit + applicants originality......😂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lastkingsman: 6:40am On May 24
Lexusgs430:

Terms and conditions and breach....... No ganja involved....

It's too brutal oh
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mentholated: 11:43am On May 24
Good morning guys.

Can someone tell me how long it currently takes to get an appointment for biometrics after an e-passport application.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by iyatrustee(f): 1:08pm On May 24
Just wondering what the reforms around financial requirements will be.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 1:38pm On May 24
ghen ghen ghen

Someone here already warned this could happen...

they might request higher % of school fees upfront Or total fees to be paid....

iyatrustee:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 1:40pm On May 24
Please please please and please....

Is it possible to go a full day without seeing a UK immigrant video complaining of this and that on any social media channel?

Even if it is for 24hours

Drop the damn ring light or whatever it is called.. drop the phone.. stop the recording....

Goshhh !!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tolzeal(m): 1:42pm On May 24
Datakey:

Any recommendations?

How many credit cards/accounts have you opened in the last six month ? In none you can go for it . If yes, I’d suggest to give it space before opening more accounts in your profile .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tolzeal(m): 1:50pm On May 24
Datakey:

Any recommendations?

I got 5KGBP with AQUA. You can have a look.
But be careful not to use over 25% per card and the APR is about 30% .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by HenriFayol(m): 3:11pm On May 24
Tolzeal:

I got 5KGBP with AQUA. You can have a look.
But be careful not to use over 25% per card and the APR is about 30% .

Please explain the APR..is it like yearly interest
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 3:29pm On May 24
iyatrustee:

I’d guess blocked accounts.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by makazona(m): 5:25pm On May 24
Viruses:

They have started re-enrolling them and restating their visas.

I understand times are hard now, but humans generally obey instructions when there are consequences. *Those that didn't have money to pay, where did they see the money after their visas were curtailed?* Did they just rush many hours of work or people pitied and gave them?

Don't pray to find yourself in such a situation.

Who's that good planner that never had his plan thwarted by some kinda circumstance at some point?. I am not trying to make excuses for them but I have seen people experience misfortune that messed up their financial plans.

Things dey happen, Bro.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by igbsam(m): 5:29pm On May 24
Datakey:

Any recommendations?

Have you tried vanquis ? You could get as much as 3k then an increase to 4k after like 3 months depending on how often you use it. You can use my referral below and you get £25 extra on top

https://www.vanquis.co.uk/raf-app?code=84EB4BDA03A988AE2222

Good luck

Also note, they're very generous and you hardly get denied irrespective of your credit score.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by igbsam(m): 5:32pm On May 24
Lexusgs430:

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-rent/using-immigration-documents

Send this link to your landlord....... 🤣👇

Chief, did u see the miracle Nvidia is performing. This bank holiday is about to get lit

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (597) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

Viewing this topic: dustydee, domin8(f), lavida001 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.