Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (463981 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jimps(m): 2:54pm On Jun 14, 2023
Hello,

Please what are the likely jobs to apply to in the UK with PRINCE2 foundation certificate?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 3:28pm On Jun 14, 2023
The NIGERIA STOCK MARKET is on STERIODS.................... grin grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2023
jimps:
Hello,

Please what are the likely jobs to apply to in the UK with PRINCE2 foundation certificate?

Thank you.

Depends on your background and how much experience you have plus which sector.

You can try project support officer type roles because any project manager role will almost certainly want Prince2 practitioner.

If you’re new in the UK without experience in the country, you might want to try admin roles that will give you some exposure to projects, and during a year after getting the practitioner, you can go for full project management officer or similar roles. (I’m assuming you’re new to product management because even in Naija you’d likely have done the practitioner, if you’re experienced)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jimps(m): 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
Thank you so much 😊
koonbey:

Depends on your background and how much experience you have plus which sector.

You can try project support officer type roles because any project manager role will almost certainly want Prince2.

If you’re new in the UK without experience in the country, you might want to try admin roles that will give you some exposure to projects, and during a year after getting the practitioner, you can go for full project management officer or similar roles. (I’m assuming you’re new to product management because even in Naija you’d likely have done the practitioner, if you’re experienced)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by badmusmusa: 10:37pm On Jun 14, 2023
I hope you got help and doing better now?
Emmy2023:

For me there isn’t any excuse to this, the mistake is mine, I made reservations based on what was in my reach. All I asked for was advices and assistance as I’ve already made the mistake. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chikadibia21: 11:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
Hi Solumtoya,

Amex card applications for my husband and I were rejected. We have done everything possible to build credit scores; monthly direct debits, phone contracts, registration to vote, and are in our 2nd year in the UK.

My husband's works full-time on a permanent basis. Someone said we have to have spent 3yrs in the UK but I see ppl less than 6months getting approved. What could be the issue please?

Solumtoya:
@ ProfJYK

I have indeed gotten goodies from AMEX Card. I keep saving offers I may need. I use it for shopping, groceries, etc.

I still think the biggest source of points are referrals from Nairaland though. The post I made about how to use Credit Cards without paying interest and the benefits was quite popular. So I added my link later.

I seem to have been upgraded or it's general: My referrals now get 8,000 points while I get 6,000 so feel free to sign up, you might just get a free flight soon:

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/jEDIDASmvK?XL=MNMNS
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 4:40am On Jun 15, 2023
Chikadibia21:
Hi Solumtoya,

Amex card applications for my husband and I were rejected. We have done everything possible to build credit scores; monthly direct debits, phone contracts, registration to vote, and are in our 2nd year in the UK.

My husband's works full-time on a permanent basis. Someone said we have to have spent 3yrs in the UK but I see ppl less than 6months getting approved. What could be the issue please?

Don't apply for Credit for another 3 months.

Check your Credit score on Experian, Equifax and Transunion. Hope I got the names right. Check them to ensure the data held for you is correct and if your score is "Poor" or Fair".

Let time do the magic. Just "free am" for a few months while doing everything right.

NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE O.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ezixt: 9:24am On Jun 15, 2023
Sure I will.
Lolli2pop:

Please let me know your experience after you fly any useful tips you could share that would help not make the transit awful

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 10:45am On Jun 15, 2023
The run has been impressive since May 29. Sadly, I no longer hold any position in that market.

Meffy's exit abi na suspension propelled market ratings to a 15 year all-time high. It could get better if the speculation of a unified exchange rate (devaluation) holds true.

Hopefully, Tinubu can consolidate on these quick wins, improve security and economy as well.

ukay2:
The NIGERIA STOCK MARKET is on STERIODS.................... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 10:52am On Jun 15, 2023
Anyone following the Nottingham story?

Horrifically terrifying!

It was even more disturbing hearing the suspect is a man from West Africa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:06am On Jun 15, 2023
lightnlife:

Horrifically terrifying!

If you listened to the press release, the man said a '' Ni'', then, west african man........ So it's a Nigerian man.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by crossbonehelped: 11:18am On Jun 15, 2023
Hi house. I’ve asked this question earlier though. Came into UK on Saturday 10th of June and planning to collect my BRP on Tuesday 20th of June.
I’m told I must collect within 10 days of arrival within the UK or 3 months after the visa is issued ‘whichever is the later’.
Just want to ask if I’m still within the specified period as my visa was issued less than 5 weeks ago but I’m not sure if collecting on the 10th falls within the specified period
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 11:41am On Jun 15, 2023
lightnlife:
The run has been impressive since May 29. Sadly, I no longer hold any position in that market.

Meffy's exit abi na suspension propelled market ratings to a 15 year all-time high. It could get better if the speculation of a unified exchange rate (devaluation) holds true.

Hopefully, Tinubu can consolidate on these quick wins, improve security and economy as well.

I am a long-term investor in the market.

Haven't sold anything.

Good seeds sown over the years are yielding maximum profits and dividend payments
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 11:43am On Jun 15, 2023
Lexusgs430:

If you listened to the press release, the man said a '' Ni'', then, west african man........ So it's a Nigerian man.......

grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by RalphJean: 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2023
Teedol:
Lemonade/ Lemfi is showing exchange rate as £1=949.

Is their a more reliable app with a higher rate? Lemonade is very reliable don't get me wrong.

£1= NGN 949

I thought you will be crying. But looking for 'higher rate'? Na wa oohhh
I hope you know that the higher the rate, the lesser the purchasing power of the Naira?

In the past, at 'lower' you exchange £1,053 and get N 473,850
At your present low rate (for which you are asking for higher), you exchange £1,053 and get N1,000,000:00 (awon millionaire).

Wait a minute...

In the past, N473,850 can buy 326 bags of Dangote cement for you.

In the present 'low rate", N473,850 will buy 105 bags of the same cement for you.

Fun fact: If it cost you 10,000 Naira to get a trip of sand (when the £ rate was 'low') it will now cost you about 25,000 -30,000 to get that same 1 trip of sand.

In conclusion, be careful what you wish for.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by RalphJean: 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2023
lightnlife:

Horrifically terrifying!

The suspect, 31,is a Legal immigrant living on the UK with West African heritage. The suspect is known to police and have had mental health issues in the past. I am very sure the suspect (stand to be proven wrong with time) is not a student or dependant of a student and most likely did not enter the UK as a dependant of a tier 4 visa holder.

We shall know soon.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
RalphJean:

The suspect, 31,is a Legal immigrant living on the UK with West African heritage. The suspect is known to police and have had mental health issues in the past. I am very sure the suspect (stand to be proven wrong with time) is not a student or dependant of a student and most likely did not enter the UK as a dependant of a tier 4 visa holder.

We shall know soon.

The suspect is not just any legal immigrant but one with a settled status (ILR). So he is definitely not a tier 4 visa holder or a student dependent.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2023
Good day house!!

Pleade has anyone successfully modified NIN details (email or phone number) here in UK?

Different approved agents are quoting funny prices different from what NIMC stipulated on their site. I just got tired of experiencing Nigeria in UK.

And they all would plead we talk via text.

The last 2 have quoted £60 and £40 each whereas NIMC quoted $10 as processing fees.

Any help please??
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
ukay2:

grin grin

The guy name, no be like us o ...... Or hìn don use deed poll........
🤣🤑
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:19pm On Jun 15, 2023
RalphJean:

We shall know soon.

"Man held by police after triple knife killings is understood to be named Valdo Amissão Mendes Calocane

Multiple sources said Calocane was born in Guinea-Bissau and settled in Nottingham as a child"

Them Don sharply use Guinea-Bissau guide smh
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chinlov: 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I been think say na only me hear that NI...it's horrible I'm hoping it won't be confirmed a Nigerian
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by CLASSMAN: 7:34pm On Jun 15, 2023
hustla:

"Man held by police after triple knife killings is understood to be named Valdo Amissão Mendes Calocane

Multiple sources said Calocane was born in Guinea-Bissau and settled in Nottingham as a child"

Them Don sharply use Guinea-Bissau guide smh
Thank God Naija name no show here

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 7:35pm On Jun 15, 2023
Please i need recommendation on areas that are not too expensive in London or nearby.

I'm looking for a single room in a shared house. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by cbn4main: 7:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
Solumtoya:

Don't apply for Credit for another 3 months.

Check your Credit score on Experian, Equifax and Transunion. Hope I got the names right. Check them to ensure the data held for you is correct and if your score is "Poor" or Fair".

Let time do the magic. Just "free am" for a few months while doing everything right.

NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE O.

Hi,
I'm about to subscribe to a creditladder free plan. Which one of the Credit organisations should I subscribe to, Experian, Equifax and Transunion?

Which one of them would give me a quick result?

Cheers
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by cbn4main: 8:04pm On Jun 15, 2023
lavida001:
Please i need recommendation on areas that are not too expensive in London or nearby.

I'm looking for a single room in a shared house. Thanks

I would recommend East London. This includes Dagenham, Romford, Ilford, Eastham, Westham, Stratford etc. You can easily access central London from these places. You will find plenty African stores there as well.

Cheers

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lolli2pop: 8:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
cbn4main:

I would recommend East London. This includes Dagenham, Romford, Ilford, Eastham, Westham, Stratford etc. You can easily access central London from these places. You will find plenty African stores there as well.

Cheers

Ahahha my dear these areas have even become expensive… the housing commotion is real, rents have increased severely

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:47pm On Jun 15, 2023
CLASSMAN:

Thank God Naija name no show here

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:48pm On Jun 15, 2023
cbn4main:

Cheers

shocked

Romford and Stratford
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by cbn4main: 9:06pm On Jun 15, 2023
Lolli2pop:

Ahahha my dear these areas have even become expensive… the housing commotion is real, rents have increased severely

I agree with you. Actually, rents have increased generally in London oh. Personally, I would consider other factors rather than rent cost bcs there is no cheap place in London oh.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 9:59pm On Jun 15, 2023
Listening to the BBC's commentary, I reckon there was an attempt to misrepresent the suspect's identity and origin. The story about him not being a Brit but has lived for most part of his life and has settlement status was adding up.

But then you can only hear what you're told but understand what you know. Fingers crossed 🤞

RalphJean:

We shall know soon.

Really? They've spilled the beans.

Didn't listen to the press briefing but I felt it was good communication strategy not to specifically name his country of origin.

Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 10:13pm On Jun 15, 2023
cbn4main:

Cheers

Pls share your email with me as i need anyone in that environ that would lead me. Cos this country you gats follow who know road
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2023
Lolli2pop:

Please do u know of any vacancy or agent ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (536) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: LionInZion, deept(m), xavierx and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.