Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,648 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (466037 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (537) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
OmichaelO:
I just finished my driving theory test.

Thank you guys always for the informations and heads up.

I'm not very impressed with my theory. I was expecting 50/50

But at all at all. All pass na pass
Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 4:16pm On Jun 16, 2023
That is why I got myself an hybrid foldable bike. I fit use electric or manual and if I tire to even pedal, I fold am put inside train.
gmacnoms:
Bristol and hills. And local man body don too stiff.

If I ride small, I go roll am small.

It was really stressful. 30 minutes ride took me 1hour plus.

At a point, I was looking for where to even keep it and enter bus to my house. šŸ˜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 6:13pm On Jun 16, 2023
AgentXxx:
That is why I got myself an hybrid foldable bike. I fit use electric or manual and if I tire to even pedal, I fold am put inside train.
Yesterday, I really did wish it was foldable or electric.

Na this one and scooter Dey my mind sef. Once I don pay Lapo dia money finish, I go buy electric and scooter.

Electric comes in handy, especially in places with hills.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ayoola003: 6:37pm On Jun 16, 2023
check your mail bro.

Tier4Dependant:

grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ayoola003: 6:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
Shoot me a dm. I might have someone for you.

Firefly77:
Please I am looking for any nigerian or African who provides informal child care in Margate Kent. Please those living in East Kent, please link me up.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by donshaddow(m): 7:43pm On Jun 16, 2023
Abeg make I come pick am up tomorrow?
gmacnoms:
I got two new whips šŸ˜

I bought one, and someone gave me one for free on nextdoor app

The one I bought is small and if your ā€œpikinā€ need am, and you Dey near me, just come pickup(The red one) for free. Itā€™s a Piranha Atom 20ā€ mountain bike

Bristol.

Second pics was how I turned up to work yesterday šŸ˜. I wonā€™t try it again sha, because I almost suffocate for road.. Make I jeje Dey enter my bus. After all, I get all month ticket

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AKALAMAGBO: 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2023
Which side you dey Abeg make I check something
gmacnoms:
I got two new whips šŸ˜

The one I bought is small and if your ā€œpikinā€ need am, and you Dey near me, just come pickup(The red one) for free. Itā€™s a Piranha Atom 20ā€ mountain bike

Bristol.

Second pics was how I turned up to work yesterday šŸ˜. I wonā€™t try it again sha, because I almost suffocate for road.. Make I jeje Dey enter my bus. After all, I get all month ticket

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 8:21pm On Jun 16, 2023
AKALAMAGBO:
Which side you dey Abeg make I check something
I state am for the post wey you quote na? šŸ™‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 8:22pm On Jun 16, 2023
donshaddow:
Abeg make I come pick am up tomorrow?
Yes please

Whatā€™s your number?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eluquenson(m): 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2023
OmichaelO:

We got almost same score grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by idee91: 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2023
OmichaelO:

Congratulationsā€¦Be like we plenty wey pass the test today o. Also passed minešŸ’ƒ

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 10:06pm On Jun 16, 2023
So pe oti lo šŸ™„

Maame4U:
Hello Nairalanders. I need your input to help my Brother in a dilemma.

He helped a friend with a loan to help fund his study in the U.K.

3 years down the line, the gentleman has refused to send even 50 pence to appease his poor soul.

Is there an establishment we can report this to? As all diplomatic means has proved futile.

I look forward to your expert guidance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Efep: 10:50pm On Jun 16, 2023
LagosismyHome:

Your employer is very wicked. How are you supposed to survive and what if during ILR home office Start asking for complete 5 years of payslip. Then all these would have even for nothing

Speak to your employer ASAP and start looking for another COS
thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tobbyoladejo: 10:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
Solumtoya:

Almost 3kw... Omo, una energy bill go hear am o!

Y'all are big boys sha.

I'm using my Ā£11 fan which I still use as heater during winter. I just turn off the heater during Summer which makes it use negligible power.
Please can you give details on your fan, make I find one buy abeg?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 11:54pm On Jun 16, 2023
gmacnoms:
Bristol and hills. And local man body don too stiff.

If I ride small, I go roll am small.

It was really stressful. 30 minutes ride took me 1hour plus.

At a point, I was looking for where to even keep it and enter bus to my house. šŸ˜

Guy abeg lemme.
What is this šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 11:54pm On Jun 16, 2023
eluquenson:
We got almost same score grin
hahaha

Congratulations!!!! Madddddd

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chreze(m): 4:34am On Jun 17, 2023
We spend lots of time teaching each other on how to make more money, get good jobs, manage finances and the most Epic of all ā€œbuild credit score/ applying for credit cardā€. But I think we spend lesser time sharing how we are building our home or staying married/in a relationship for so many years. I will start by sharing.

I donā€™t think I need to declare ā€œlong read ā€œ again. I believe if you see the name, you will know itā€™s ā€œ semmyk ā€œs cousin. šŸ˜šŸ˜†

Growing up, I have always wanted to be able to ā€œTake Careā€ of my family and not just a ā€œProviderā€. To be honest I donā€™t know where I got that from. And I say this because I lost my dad when I was Six. So I canā€™t say he was the main example. Maybe because my family (siblings and mum) have strong Love/bond. We took care of each other financially and otherwise, or maybe it was the healthy and unhealthy family in my neighborhood when growing up. But I know I always wanted to have a happy home and to achieve that, i would have to ā€œTake careā€ of my family and not just be the ā€œProviderā€.

As an African (Nigerian) male, we canā€™t deny that all we hear around us is to be the provider. Your sole responsibility is to be the provider for your family. This is good, but please be more than a provider for your family. Take care of your family.

Taking care of your family goes beyond providing for your family. Itā€™s providing the food and shelter, helping them eat and making sure that the food works in their tummy to provide nutrient they need to be strong in life.

Providing food and shelter to make them comfortable and safe. Doing your best at all time to make the house a home.

Helping them eat both food and wisdom of life. Sharing experiences with your kids, not just the Aā€™s experiences, but more importantly your failures and how you resulted into failing despite your effort. Expose yourself to them, with the aim of helping them avoid the negative consequences of improper planing, or accepting that you can plan sometimes and things still donā€™t go as expected (living with it).

Making sure that the food provide nutrients they need to be strong in life. Food in form of Eba, thoughts and wisdom. Expose your success secret to your kids. work towards eliminating negativity in them.

Take care of your family. Cut the chicken, season it and keep in the fridge so that your wife will just put in the oven when sheā€™s making the stew. Bath your kids and drop them in the nursery. Cook family dinner. I cook typically in three periods. When I am very happy, when I am expectant and when I am unhappy. Happy to celebrate, Expectant to manage expectation and reflect on things properly, and finally, Unhappy to avoid speaking to my wife so that I donā€™t explode.

I remember when Nigerian Treasury bond was a big thing. I will quote my price. And on the auction day, before 1pm, I don do everything for house because I de try manage my expectations. My wife didnā€™t understand the whole idea of waking up very early to do things.

Play with the kids. Do things our parents didnā€™t do. Donā€™t let your job control you, control your job (or work towards being able to control your job if you canā€™t do that now). Plan your future, the kind of husband and father you want to be. Taking care of your family makes your family love and appreciate you. They may not say it verbally, but you can tell they value you because they always want you around, and they would do anything to keep you happy.

Discover your super power and know how to use it. My own super power is that I can only sleep for 4-5hrs max direct. The remaining hours I use to read and do things to make my home a comfortable place. You can tell I am using my super power now.

If you can build this things, relocating abroad wonā€™t be that much stressful as you were already shopping for the family (from shoprite) and stopping at the market to get yam on your way home. Forget all those things they make you feel you are weak when you do those things, na lie. You are not weak anything, you are just happy. Notice our fathers do any and everything once in a while (when they get extra fund). Donā€™t be the once a while man (hence why I said ā€œcontrol your job). Donā€™t let money dictate your happiness. Control your happiness. Reduce the number of friends so that you can have more time for family.

I know you will say ā€œwoman wey go cheat go cheatā€ or ā€œwoman wey go leave you go still leave youā€. In security there is what we call Inherent Risk and Residual Risk. Inherent risk is the risk before specific security controls, and Residual is the risk leftover after applying improvement and security controls. I see Divorce and Cheating as Residual risk. Itā€™s a risk that doesnā€™t really go away. You can only do what you can do, you canā€™t control it cos itā€™s not JUST you, itā€™s the personality of your partner/wife too.

Do all you can to have a happy home. There are too many divorce and separation when couples enter abroad, the aim of abroad is to expose the family to better result for their effort and also open opportunities, NOT to end the relationship/marriage.

Donā€™t ask me what a woman is to do. I only have brothers, no sister, but I can tell you my mother took care of us cos she provided and also made sure we were/are good. There is your hidden answer.

Blessingsā€¦.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Prizee1: 5:30am On Jun 17, 2023
Please I need a two bed apartment in Exeter. Anyone with info of someone moving out of their place , anyone willing to share or anyone that knows any landlord/agents should please hit me up, thanks 07300361632.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 6:15am On Jun 17, 2023
tobbyoladejo:

Please can you give details on your fan, make I find one buy abeg?

Any Fan heater should do. Mine is the popular white one (3rd and 5th)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 6:52am On Jun 17, 2023
Attached below is pictures of my baby girl. I get alarm key sef. If car owners flaunt their key, am covered. One of the affordable and durable hybrid bike out there. Oga Lexusgs430 sef no fit do shakara for me. You get Honda jazz. I get DYU A1F šŸ˜

NB: one thing you need to change before you can really enjoy it is the tyre. Make it anti puncture.
gmacnoms:
Yesterday, I really did wish it was foldable or electric.

Na this one and scooter Dey my mind sef. Once I don pay Lapo dia money finish, I go buy electric and scooter.

Electric comes in handy, especially in places with hills.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 6:56am On Jun 17, 2023
Lexusgs430:

If you listened to the press release, the man said a '' Ni'', then, west african man........ So it's a Nigerian man.......

Sad what happened, but Nigerian or not Nigerian, it is not for me to apologise.

I avoid being seen as the mouthpiece of millions of Nigerians. I only accept responsibility for my actions.

Its social racism to only highlight the distant origin of a person when something goes wrong even for folks who've spent their formative years here. When those same folks do well, they call them British.

Even on the wider scale, Winston Churchill is considered a hero despite despite being directly responsible for the death of millions of Indians. I donā€™t see Brits apologising for his actions, or Germans for Hitlers actions, or Americans for actions of actions of those who killed Gaddafi and rendered North-western Africa a terrorist zone.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 7:03am On Jun 17, 2023
Abeg who can guide me to the long post from Living in the Uk Part2 on various method to get into the teaching line in šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§. Please kindly help a brother.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:40am On Jun 17, 2023
AgentXxx:
Attached below is pictures of my baby girl. I get alarm key sef. If car owners flaunt their key, am covered. One of the affordable and durable hybrid bike out there. Oga Lexusgs430 sef no fit do shakara for me. You get Honda jazz. I get DYU A1F šŸ˜

NB: one thing you need to change before you can really enjoy it is the tyre. Make it anti puncture.

I love the fact say all of una dyu owner's, dey share the same registration number ........šŸ¤£šŸ˜œ
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 8:58am On Jun 17, 2023
RalphJean:

The suspect, 31,is a Legal immigrant living on the UK with West African heritage. The suspect is known to police and have had mental health issues in the past. I am very sure the suspect (stand to be proven wrong with time) is not a student or dependant of a student and most likely did not enter the UK as a dependant of a tier 4 visa holder.

We shall know soon.

Thank you for pointing this out before Agenda will start to agend.šŸ˜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 17, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Thank you for pointing this out before Agenda will start to agend.šŸ˜

cheesy

Even the usage of "West African" was deliberate to further the agenda by triggering the Daily Mail loony base for whom anything 'African' is a chance to spew vile statements.

They could have just said Guinea Bissau but they knew most of their ignorant audience would not even recognise where that is, hence the decision by all of them to go with the meaningless 'West African origin' term. If it was a Nigerian they would have said so clearly because we're well known and are a proxy for Africans in general in many people's minds.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Prizee1: 9:53am On Jun 17, 2023
Help! Help! Help! šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§Please I need a two bed apartment in Exeter. Anyone with info of someone moving out of their place , anyone willing to share or anyone that knows any landlord/agents should please hit me up, thanks 07300361632.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 12:17pm On Jun 17, 2023
Who plate number help? šŸ˜ we no Dey pay road tax or insurance šŸ˜
Lexusgs430:

I love the fact say all of una dyu owner's, dey share the same registration number ........šŸ¤£šŸ˜œ
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 1:46pm On Jun 17, 2023
OmichaelO:

congratulations....next is your practical driving test....then enjoy your driving

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by acosfd: 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2023
gmacnoms:
I got two new whips šŸ˜

Bristol.

I go like pick am o, abeg make we align.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Maame4U: 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2023
AirBay:

I know, it's really sad. I have experienced the same myself, since then I have made a decision not to ever loan out my hard earned money.

I am sure heā€™s learned his lesson now as he refused to listen to me.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Maame4U: 2:15pm On Jun 17, 2023
Lexusgs430:

The only downside....... Lender would have to make a trip to the UK.......

When judgement is issued, hopefully borrower got funds to satisfy judgment or assets to be charged against (charging order).......

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money

The issuance of a summons, might shake debtor to engage.......

Unfortunately, this is the legal route I can advice........

NB: is debt under Ā£10,0000........

Thank you so much.šŸ™šŸ¾
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Maame4U: 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2023
LagosismyHome:

I learnt this the very hard way..... lots of people are not grateful. You help them but they only thinking of their selfish ways. Even when they can pay back small small they rather keep it all

I don't think there any formal way to get it back than to learn never to do it again

We live and we learn!!! Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (537) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: cephasdultimate, taalas, AltCtrlDel, Schoolhike and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.