Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (461917 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by yomisley: 5:25pm On Jul 04, 2023
That is how i saw a fully built man package one boy weh get mental issues omo fear grip me ooo but cuddos to people in that field ooo. i just dey wonder if i can cope in such situation as i have wizkid kind of physical appearance.
hustla:

Ill take the adult mental ones tbh

Those ones have seen it all and are more likely to have a structured routine / more independent and less likely to "cause trouble"

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2023
yomisley:
That is how i saw a fully built man package one boy weh get mental issues omo fear grip me ooo but cuddos to people in that field ooo. i just dey wonder if i can cope in such situation as i have wizkid kind of physical appearance.

Package as how? 😁

People wey get extreme issues always have 2 to 1 and I recently saw 4 to 1 sef

4 able bodied Nigerian men to 1 person grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2023
teeebest:

Thanks as always Boss.

Yes boss!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Alexia20: 7:28pm On Jul 04, 2023
yomisley:
it not about size o ,it is more about the skill ,even some of my oyinbos ogas dey tell us say by stat that ladies are more better when it comes to pmva restraints

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tolats(m): 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2023
tolats:
Please house, I have a few questions about passport renewal in London.

1. From people's recent experience, please, when is the earliest one can collect the renewed passport after capturing? I applied in may and was booked for appointment in July.
2. I couldn't see any appointment slip to print after passport registration, I don't know if this is a new development due to website upgrade or something. I need someone to confirm this for me please.
3. My passport expires in September, and I should apply for Schengen visa in August, do you think there would be problem if I apply for Schengen visa by having less down three months on the expiring passport? It's just a three days trip.
4. Does fast tracking exist with passport renewal in London?

Thank you for your help and God bless.

Please any information regarding question 2? Thanks in advance
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ELff: 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2023
LondyC:

@steadymoving22
@Elff

ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence software that helps you with answers to whatever you need. It’s like your personal assistant. You type in what u need answers to and it provides you with the answer. With job applications, Applicant tracking systems(ATS) would usually screen out your application if you don’t have enough keywords as in the job advert. So to do this without wasting your whole day on one application, just use ChatGPT.

First is to download the ChatGPT app from Apple Store. If you don’t use apple, you can download Bard or Bing from google play store. They also do same thing. Alternatively, u can use the ChatGPT website on your laptop browser: Openai.com if you do your job applications mostly with your laptop. Register and then start chatting with it. You will receive answers to your prompts.

So what I do is quite similar but I only use the person specifications. I still go through it to remove things I can’t defend (I no get power abeg). I also add specific qualifications or experience I have that aren’t there but I feel is important. I try not to max out their word limit so it’s short and easy to read. The fact that you are getting rejection mails shows your application even passed through their ATS which is what ChatGPT helps you achieve. So it’s some progress.

For me, I ask it to write a supporting statement using the person specifications and also NHS values. NHS wants you to talk about their values, it just shows u have researched about them. I attached a sample of the kinda prompt I use with ChatGPT. I even use it to prepare for my interviews.

I hope this helps

Thank you. Will see how these goes.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 9:12pm On Jul 04, 2023
I would like to know if NHS can sponsor band 4 administrative role?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by thaotech: 10:06pm On Jul 04, 2023
Mamatukwas:

This one looks like someone that was left to raise himself. It’s unfortunate.

Hello Mamatukwas, I sent you a PM. I want to make enquiries about shipping an item
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mamatukwas: 10:26pm On Jul 04, 2023
thaotech:

Hello Mamatukwas, I sent you a PM. I want to make enquiries about shipping an item

Replied.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ihutuluv: 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2023
quote author=Schoolhike post=124216823]I would like to know if NHS can sponsor band 4 administrative role?[/quote]

Please can you let me know if you get an answer to this question. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by yomisley: 1:10am On Jul 05, 2023
4 to 1 plenty, that was how one pour hot tea on my friends head just because they argue about ronaldo and messi which doesn't sit well with him. omo i don't accept women working in such environment.

hustla:

Package as how? 😁

People wey get extreme issues always have 2 to 1 and I recently saw 4 to 1 sef

4 able bodied Nigerian men to 1 person grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:16am On Jul 05, 2023
yomisley:
4 to 1 plenty, that was how one pour hot tea on my friends head just because they argue about ronaldo and messi which doesn't sit well with him. omo i don't accept women working in such environment.

It depends on where they work and who the manager is

If the manager is up and doing, they'll never try that. Believe me, even mentalo (not the fully blown ones) dey Sabi boundaries

If they know that any assault on staff leads to placement termination and immediate eviction and subsequent sectioning in prison or hospital, they'll never try nonsense like that

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phayie(m): 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2023
These guys are just confused

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BeckyB1(f): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2023
Greetings All. Please which airline is advisable to fly with from Abuja to Heathrow? Thank you 🙏🏽
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ayoola003: 12:44pm On Jul 05, 2023
Can i shoot you a dm?

Tier4Dependant:
NHS people… If you decide to register on the bank and pick bank shifts with your trust i.e the trust that sponsor you, does it count as overtime or additional job (second job)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Emmyk(m): 12:54pm On Jul 05, 2023
Hi everyone, I'd like to know if proof of funds is required for my second Shengen visa application?

I had Shengen visa (France) last year November, I printed £1,000 bank statement of 3 months, which was for my expenses for the trip. I'd like to apply again and would love to know if I have to keep another money for 3 months, or I just need to submit applications without sending bank statement?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2023
Phayie:

So in 5yrs route one will pay £13,500 in Immigration Health surbcharge and those on 10yrs will pay £27,000? This is just for s single person.

Why would anyone pay this much to get into the UK legally when you can pay people smugglers far less than that and get in and you will not be deported to Rwanda.

This is madness!!!

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LagosismyHome(f): 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2023
justwise:

So in 5yrs route one will pay £13,500 in Immigration Health surbcharge and those on 10yrs will pay £27,000? This is just for s single person.

Why would anyone pay this much to get into the UK legally when you can pay people smugglers far less than that and get in and you will not be deported to Rwanda.

This is madness!!!

They started with Theresa May wickedness model. Let them continue. Only them will start cancelling flight, cancelling all operation and shouting that their fruits and vegetables are getting rotten due to lack of staff

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 1:55pm On Jul 05, 2023
justwise:

Why would anyone pay this much to get into the UK legally [b]when you can pay people smugglers far less than that[/b]and get in and you will not be deported to Rwanda.

This is madness!!!

Not necessarily. There are many accounts of people who paid in excess of £15000 for passage to the UK. Even migrants from places like Vietnam who attempt to be smuggled in vans and lorries pay tens of thousands of pounds - for what? To go underground and not be able to work legally, rent, use hospital services etc

There was no surcharge a few years ago. And in less than 5 years it has multiplied to around £600 a year. Reality is that it will go up further as pressure on the NHS continues to increase.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2023
Zahra29:

Not necessarily. There are many accounts of people who paid in excess of £15000 for passage to the UK. Even migrants from places like Vietnam who attempt to be smuggled in vans and lorries pay tens of thousands of pounds - for what? To go underground and not be able to work legally, rent, use hospital services etc

There was no surcharge a few years ago. And in less than 5 years it has multiplied to around £600 a year. Reality is that it will go up further as pressure on the NHS continues to increase.

There is no fixed price for smugglers, so some pay far less than that.

When they come in they claim asylum and will get free accommodation, free NHS treatment, free food and guess what? tax payers pays for their asylum legal fees AND they still work undertable and get paid tax-free money.

So tell me this..what is the point of applying for visa legally when there is cheaper short-cut?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dentalux: 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2023
Newbie123:

Do as I said then except you have other options.

I used it to drag £67 one time when I just came talk more of your own

Ok. I sent them a mail yesterday buy they are behaving like they did not see it. But I know they saw it because if it was before they would have called me for one shift to cover in a place or another. I gave them till Thursday next week.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2023
LagosismyHome:

They started with Theresa May wickedness model. Let them continue. Only them will start cancelling flight, cancelling all operation and shouting that their fruits and vegetables are getting rotten due to lack of staff

This clueless Home secertary wants to stop illegal immigrant but at the same time making it diffult for people to come in legally..

This is like trying to stop people from claming beneift but at the same time making it difficult for them to get a job
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Santa2: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2023
justwise:

This clueless Home secertary wants to stop illegal immigrant but at the same time making it diffult for people to come in legally..

This is like trying to stop people from claming beneift but at the same time making it difficult for them to get a job

This is so annoying..Watch as people tweak their plans and start looking for better alternatives with faster and better settlement conditions. Good thing other countries are making plans to absorb people wey vex comot. Make I start to strategies Plan B and C cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2023
Santa2:

This is so annoying..Watch as people tweak their plans and start looking for better alternatives with faster and better settlement conditions. Good thing other countries are making plans to absorb people wey vex comot. Make I start to strategies Plan B and C cheesy

Well it's their country and they have the right to make laws as it suits them but they will still come tomorrow to cry wolf. And to think they were supposed to be intelligent. Apparently, they've learned nothing from BREXIT.

Let them do what they want jare.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 3:49pm On Jul 05, 2023
Santa2:

They are only encouraging illegal immigrants and as it stands they have no control over those coming in illegally.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2023
justwise:

The reality is that every desirable country has somewhat difficult immigration policies, otherwise they would be overwhelmed by hundreds of thousands (or even millions) trying to come in from poorer countries. America, Canada, Australia - even with their huge land masses - how easy is it to obtain a Canadian student visa now? Or a green card via any route other than marriage and family resettlement? Australia is having discussions to tighten their student visa route, their minister claiming that many are using it as a pseudo work visa. How long does it take to even get a German student visa interview appointment from Nigeria?
It's a global issue because resources are finite - if they have uncontrolled immigration then houses, schools, doctors etc come under significant pressure.
We've already seen posts here about people complaining about long NHS waits, lack of rental homes/prohibitive rents, not being able to get into the preferred school for their children etc etc - so it's not a black and white issue

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 5:21pm On Jul 05, 2023
Phayie:

shocked

When will this take effect?

I have already started looking at the US as a viable option. Shey na this hot and cold person wan dey deal with for 7 years?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2023
hustla:

shocked

I have already started looking at the US as a viable option. Shey na this hot and cold person wan dey deal with for 7 years?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Iruobe1987: 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2023
hustla:

Hmmm... Nawa ooo
shocked

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 5:39pm On Jul 05, 2023
Zahra29:

The reality is that every desirable country has somewhat difficult immigration policies, otherwise they would be overwhelmed by hundreds of thousands (or even millions) trying to come in from poorer countries. America, Canada, Australia - even with their huge land masses - how easy is it to obtain a Canadian student visa now? Or a green card via any route other than marriage and family resettlement? Australia is having discussions to tighten their student visa route, their minister claiming that many are using it as a pseudo work visa. How long does it take to even get a German student visa interview appointment from Nigeria?
It's a global issue because resources are finite - if they have uncontrolled immigration then houses, schools, doctors etc come under significant pressure.
We've already seen posts here about people complaining about long NHS waits, lack of rental homes/prohibitive rents, not being able to get into the preferred school for their children etc etc - so it's not a black and white issue

Each one of these countries have policies set in stone and most times, they even relax these rules for the better, but UK own is to b*tch about every single thing. Canada has recently introduced new routes and a lot more people get student visas now (I know cos i write SOPs for a couple of students heading to Canada). Australia has changed laws for their post study and actually increased. AU and Canada recently changed rules to allow students to work more hours probably due to the inflation and or effects of covid

Apart from post study and dependent stuff which didn't even last up to 3 yrs, UK has not introduced any reasonable rules to help students. Even sponsorship na war and battle (hence the reason why skilled people take up care worker jobs)

All they do is tighten and tighten the noose and then collect some more money , then moan and complain and complain

I no blame them sha, na make person do another japa inside japa because this japa isn't 'japaing'

angry grin

20 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gerrard59(m): 5:52pm On Jul 05, 2023
Phayie:

tensazangetsu20

grin grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:54pm On Jul 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

tensazangetsu20

grin grin grin grin

To be honest this was predictable. They would also change their PR and citizenship laws so those who managed to enter dont attain PR.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (532) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: tobbyoladejo and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.