Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,841 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (459542 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 11:32pm On Jul 03, 2023
mex551:
send me a DM. Might. be able to help you with guides to the Civil Service Interview

Thank you for that,

I’ve exceeded the number of mail I can sent out on Nairaland.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 11:34pm On Jul 03, 2023
moshuur:

omoh...make I take my excel lesson serious be that ooo.
Best of luck..boss

I first started my excel with Kyle pew on Udemy and then proceeded with CHRIS DUTON (use LinkedIn learning for more excel courses on analysis )

Reason for using Udemy is because if the fact that I like structured lecture

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by adedapodvirus001(m): 11:59pm On Jul 03, 2023
LondyC:

Have you tried using ChatGPT? That’s what I used and I got multiple interviews with the NHS

I have used it for couples of my application with NHS, though not all but na rejection email I dey get.

This is how I use it: I ask gpt to write me a supporting information using all the job descriptions, person specifications, essential and desirable criteria and I tell it to put my job experience, qualification and certification into consideration.

Please, Let me know how you use it so that I can know what I'm not doing right.

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by misterkelly: 8:01am On Jul 04, 2023
JUST A QUICK ONE.

ESPECIALLY FOR OUR NEW COMERS (THE HIGHELY RESPECTED JJC)

When you need to move from a place to another using the bus system, endeavour to use Google chrome or any other one, to know how to go about it. Or you download the app "Moovit".

Simply type HOW TO GET TO DN4004 (YOUR DESTINATION. It maybe the ADDRESS CODE or just the address) by BUS". And it will give you options with the bus number, time and bus stop.

Your phone map would help navigate you to the bus stop. Just type it there, click the walking option and viola, you are there.

I don tire to dey feel embarrassed and ashamed on behalf of my fellow compatriots when they get bounced out for wasting the driver's time, when they don't know which bus to take or which bus stop they are going to. All they know is their final destination. Unfortunately the bus/tram can only take you to bus stops.

You can pay by cash, debit card or preloaded card or through the transportation app. It is FIRST BUS app here. And even with the app you can track the buses movement ad plan your journey.

ABEG.

DONT MENTION.

YOU ARE WELCOME

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:13am On Jul 04, 2023
misterkelly:
JUST A QUICK ONE.

ESPECIALLY FOR OUR NEW COMERS (THE HIGHELY RESPECTED JJC)

When you need to move from a place to another using the bus system, endeavour to use Google chrome or any other one, to know how to go about it. Or you download the app "Moovit".

ABEG.

DONT MENTION.

YOU ARE WELCOME

Google Maps with Live view >>>

Best on Pixel phones

wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by NnenaRita(m): 9:19am On Jul 04, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 10:06am On Jul 04, 2023
Mehnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

This uk sha. I have been running upandan since I got a second job, which is a permanent night shift.

Yesterday I called myself to order, but after I press calculator and see the “mansion wey I just enter, as e Dey give me joy”, I keep on going. 😁😁

To even think that the second job is just 3 times a week(I opted for that), sitting down almost 90% of the 8 hour shift, with no physically demanding or hard tasks.
Uk hard Abeg 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

E b like rat race 😁, but then e better pass balablue, because you Dey see the trophy

PS: my main(first) job is a 30/34 hours weekly, as I’m on probation. and I have 2 off days

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:13am On Jul 04, 2023
gmacnoms:
Mehnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

This uk sha. I have been running upandan since I got a second job, which is a permanent night shift.

Yesterday I called myself to order, but after I press calculator and see the “mansion wey I just enter, as e Dey give me joy”, I keep on going. 😁😁

To even think that the second job is just 3 times a week(I opted for that), sitting down almost 90% of the 8 hour shift.
Uk hard Abeg 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

E b like rat race 😁, but then e better pass balablue

Listen to your body and emotions as you hustle and stop when you can’t carry on. It’s hard to stop doing two jobs when you do it for too long but the effect on your health outweighs the gain.

15 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by teeebest(m): 10:25am On Jul 04, 2023
Hello Elders, for those that have experience with NHS mental health hospitals, which one is better between the under 18 mental health hospitals and the adult mental health hospitals please? I have an opportunity to take up an offer as a nursing assistant at any of the two. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Noworries11: 10:29am On Jul 04, 2023
Please how person fit get cheap flight
What I am seeing no be small thing...
1.3M return
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rayralph(m): 10:39am On Jul 04, 2023
teeebest:
Hello Elders, for those that have experience with NHS mental health hospitals, which one is better between the under 18 mental health hospitals and the adult mental health hospitals please? I have an opportunity to take up an offer as a nursing assistant at any of the two. Thank you.

You need a thick skin to work in under 18 mental health hospital. Set boundaries and be professional with them always ‘cos they can be quite manipulative and deceitful.

There’s older adult, over 65 - similar to care home.

Young Adult, 18 - 65 - is quite okay but don’t forget to be professional always.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ELff: 10:40am On Jul 04, 2023
LondyC:

Have you tried using ChatGPT? That’s what I used and I got multiple interviews with the NHS

Please can you expand on this?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jajad: 10:41am On Jul 04, 2023
Thank you for your advice. What are some of the challenges I might experience?
Shanid:

Let me advice you based on my experience so far, if you switch, be ready to face the challenges that comes with it. It's is not easy, switch and complete your studies since it is related to the job offer...you will need it sooner or later.
Don quit school because of the offer available to you right now please, switch and face the consequence squarely...last last...you will be happy you did.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rayralph(m): 10:45am On Jul 04, 2023
ELff:

Please can you expand on this?

adedapodvirus001:

This is how I use it: I ask gpt to write me a supporting information using all the job descriptions, person specifications, essential and desirable criteria and I tell it to put my job experience, qualification and certification into consideration.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by teeebest(m): 10:51am On Jul 04, 2023
rayralph:

You need a thick skin to work in under 18 mental health hospital. Set boundaries and be professional with them always ‘cos they can be quite manipulative and deceitful.

There’s older adult, over 65 - similar to care home.

Young Adult, 18 - 65 - is quite okay but don’t forget to be professional always.

Thanks as always.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:53am On Jul 04, 2023
gmacnoms:
Mehnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

To even think that the second job is just 3 times a week(I opted for that), sitting down almost 90% of the 8 hour shift, with no physically demanding or hard tasks.

PS: my main(first) job is a 30/34 hours weekly, as I’m on probation. and I have 2 off days

As my friend in Middlesbrough says, "For UK, if you no use your brain, you go use your body, Na you go choose one because ishe kolowo"

Ishe Kolowo means Hard Work is not = Plenty money

grin

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:55am On Jul 04, 2023
teeebest:

Ill take the adult mental ones tbh

Those ones have seen it all and are more likely to have a structured routine / more independent and less likely to "cause trouble"

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 11:00am On Jul 04, 2023
hustla:

As my friend in Middlesbrough says, "For UK, if you no use your brain, you go use your body, Na you go choose one because ishe kolowo"

Ishe Kolowo means Hard Work is not = Plenty money

grin
Thanks for this. Na to get going first and you are obviously correct.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 11:01am On Jul 04, 2023
justwise:

Listen to your body and emotions as you hustle and stop when you can’t carry on. It’s hard to stop doing two jobs when you do it for too long but the effect on your health outweighs the gain.
Yes. It’s just that I saw the first job not demanding . 6 hours daily and 2 off days. E be like say na child’s play, until I added the second one.

I think I’ll just stay with my first one after the probation period. As it would come with more hours , obviously
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:26am On Jul 04, 2023
gmacnoms:
Thanks for this. Na to get going first and you are obviously correct.

God go run am

wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LondyC(f): 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2023
adedapodvirus001:

I have used it for couples of my application with NHS, though not all but na rejection email I dey get.

Please, Let me know how you use it so that I can know what I'm not doing right.

Thank you

@steadymoving22
@Elff

ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence software that helps you with answers to whatever you need. It’s like your personal assistant. You type in what u need answers to and it provides you with the answer. With job applications, Applicant tracking systems(ATS) would usually screen out your application if you don’t have enough keywords as in the job advert. So to do this without wasting your whole day on one application, just use ChatGPT.

First is to download the ChatGPT app from Apple Store. If you don’t use apple, you can download Bard or Bing from google play store. They also do same thing. Alternatively, u can use the ChatGPT website on your laptop browser: Openai.com if you do your job applications mostly with your laptop. Register and then start chatting with it. You will receive answers to your prompts.

So what I do is quite similar but I only use the person specifications. I still go through it to remove things I can’t defend (I no get power abeg). I also add specific qualifications or experience I have that aren’t there but I feel is important. I try not to max out their word limit so it’s short and easy to read. The fact that you are getting rejection mails shows your application even passed through their ATS which is what ChatGPT helps you achieve. So it’s some progress.

For me, I ask it to write a supporting statement using the person specifications and also NHS values. NHS wants you to talk about their values, it just shows u have researched about them. I attached a sample of the kinda prompt I use with ChatGPT. I even use it to prepare for my interviews.

I hope this helps

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Shanid(m): 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2023
jajad:
Thank you for your advice. What are some of the challenges I might experience?

Let me advice you based on my experience so far, if you switch, be ready to face the challenges that comes with it. It's is not easy, switch and complete your studies since it is related to the job offer...you will need it sooner or later.
Dont quit school because of the offer available to you right now please, switch and face the consequence squarely...last last...you will be happy you did.
In addition, struggling to meet deadline with assignments...you will definitely miss some classes , attendance and all. It's just basically the challenges that comes with balancing school and work....if you are working night shift , you are a bit safe but if it is day shift , there are two things involved......😂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tolzeal(m): 1:55pm On Jul 04, 2023
I would like to ask for your advice on a situation involving a student visa holder who has set up a company to receive an award from their school. The award was part of a school-sponsored competition and required the winner to have a company bank account to receive the funds.

My questions are:

1. Does the award money count as public funds, which are not allowed for student visa holders?
2. Does setting up a company breach the Tier 4 visa rules, which prohibit self-employment? If so, what are the possible ways to rectify this?

I appreciate any feedback and suggestions you can offer. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2023
try using incognito browser, and try off peak periods like Tuesday midnight.. never book on a weekend

Generally, price of tickets have been thru the roof.. good luck

Noworries11:
1.3M return

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by adedapodvirus001(m): 3:24pm On Jul 04, 2023
LondyC:

@steadymoving22
@Elff

ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence software that helps you with answers to whatever you need. It’s like your personal assistant. You type in what u need answers to and it provides you with the answer. With job applications, Applicant tracking systems(ATS) would usually screen out your application if you don’t have enough keywords as in the job advert. So to do this without wasting your whole day on one application, just use ChatGPT.

First is to download the ChatGPT app from Apple Store. If you don’t use apple, you can download Bard or Bing from google play store. They also do same thing. Alternatively, u can use the ChatGPT website on your laptop browser: Openai.com if you do your job applications mostly with your laptop. Register and then start chatting with it. You will receive answers to your prompts.

So what I do is quite similar but I only use the person specifications. I still go through it to remove things I can’t defend (I no get power abeg). I also add specific qualifications or experience I have that aren’t there but I feel is important. I try not to max out their word limit so it’s short and easy to read. The fact that you are getting rejection mails shows your application even passed through their ATS which is what ChatGPT helps you achieve. So it’s some progress.

For me, I ask it to write a supporting statement using the person specifications and also NHS values. NHS wants you to talk about their values, it just shows u have researched about them. I attached a sample of the kinda prompt I use with ChatGPT. I even use it to prepare for my interviews.

I hope this helps

Okay.
Thank you very much.

I will incorporate your suggestions into my applications and let you know the results as soon as possible.

Thanks for your help.
I appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2023
Tolzeal:
I would like to ask for your advice on a situation involving a student visa holder who has set up a company to receive an award from their school. The award was part of a school-sponsored competition and required the winner to have a company bank account to receive the funds.

My questions are:

1. Does the award money count as public funds, which are not allowed for student visa holders?
2. Does setting up a company breach the Tier 4 visa rules, which prohibit self-employment? If so, what are the possible ways to rectify this?

I appreciate any feedback and suggestions you can offer. Thank you.

1. Not public funds.
2. It's a breach of the student visa rules.

Sounds like a pitch competition or something like that.

I don't think there's any way to rectify it per se but dissolving it might be a good idea, and then you'll hope it doesn't become an issue. If it does, the evidence that setting up a company was required and that it was only temporary to receive that payment, after which it was dissolved, can be an argument to make in an appeal.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jum33: 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2023
teeebest:
Adult are much peaceful and easier to handle, it very easy to get caught up into safeguarding issue with the under 18 and they always push boundaries which u means ur guards must never down at any point in time
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Damasly: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2023
Thanks a lot for this.

Schoolhike:

Wish you best of luck.

I had an interview with NHS band 4, and I was told it will involve practical aspect using either excel or word, just try brush up on your basic skills in both, although I know excel inside out cos I’ve used it extensively in the past, but some brush up on the basic is excel and word really helps,

Meanwhile try prepare as much as you can for band 5 role, cos the band 4 I had was to be for 1hrs but lasted for over 1 hr, cos the questions are lots from all the three panel,

Thinking band 5 would be more intense,

Try understand data protection, confidentially, equality and diversity, read your job role and responsibilities and understand it well,

You can try

Kyle Pew on Udemy for both excel and word.

You don’t need to practice along while watching, you can even increase the speed to x2. (That’s if you already know both excel and word)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by teeebest(m): 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2023
jum33:

Adult are much peaceful and easier to handle, it very easy to get caught up into safeguarding issue with the under 18 and they always push boundaries which u means ur guards must never down at any point in time

Wow, Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by teeebest(m): 4:30pm On Jul 04, 2023
hustla:

Ill take the adult mental ones tbh

Those ones have seen it all and are more likely to have a structured routine / more independent and less likely to "cause trouble"

smiley

Thanks as always Boss.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by yomisley: 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2023
jump on it except you want to stay over 18-29hrs to get to your destination for a journey of 6hrs..
Noworries11:
1.3M return

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Jamesclooney, Parydelegate, iyatrustee(f), Ugochinyere1(f), Bb007 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.