Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... (8170 Views)

She Barely Cooked For Me But She Was Hailing Hilda / 20 Facts To Know About Hilda Baci And Her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking / Don't Marry A Virgin_OAP Michael Effiong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Emelcee: 9:45am On May 20, 2023
By Ubong Nelson

This morning, while doing my rounds on the social media, I happened on a viral Press Conference featuring Chef Hilda Baci and her mother, Linda.

Now, Linda is a talker. She seized the opportunity with both hands and regaled the world audience with tales. Her idea of seizing the moment.

As Linda hugged the microphone, something in me snapped. My spirit told me I've heard enough. Ms. Linda boasted that she had laid a success path for the children to follow. So, she named the children, Gilbert and Hilda after rich and successful people in the neighborhood and it's playing out in reality.

I couldn't stand her boastfulness and kept asking myself where the father was, why he's not been accorded any input. In my usual way, I poured my feelings on my Facebook Wall.

As I asked the question, who the father of Hilda Baci is, responses weren't too kind on the father. Benjamin Roberts sent a material from Facebook and trust me, I didn't look at the man in the photo who said he's Hilda Baci's father.

Fast forward to this afternoon, my brother Iyanga G Utuk who saw my post, called and promised to link me up with the said father, who I understand sells cement on Obio Imo Street. When he mentioned cement and the location, my brain told me, that can only be EFFIBABA, my friend of over 43 years.

Dang, I put a call to EFFIBABA. " Are you Hilda's father?" The answer, "Yes bro". I wanted to know his whereabouts and he promised to meet me in my office. After 5pm, he drove in. We have just parted company and I want to correct some impressions.

Hilda Baci is from Ntre Oton, Nsit Ubium LGA, Akwa Ibom State. Her siblings are Gilbert, a graduate of Madonna University, who studied Electrical/Electronics engineering. He's 30 years old. Hilda has a younger sister, and another brother, who's born, October, 2010.

At 21/2 years, Hilda Baci was already reciting the Bible brilliantly at the Mt. Zion Church in Calabar.

When Ms.Linda boasted of sending the children to elite schools in Nigeria, she forgot to give credit to the father, EFFIONG BASSEY, who told me he went as far as buying money from loan sharks to keep the children in the schools that the mother chose for them.

If the internet jury were to be able to ask questions, the question to Ms. Linda would have been, how she, selling mamaput, miraculously paid 600k school fees for a child. Or is there something she didn't disclose.

Finally, if any of the children, or Ms. Linda contest my contribution, there are free to state it the way it is. But trust me, I spent four hours with Hilda Baci's father, Effiong Bassey Edem, and there's enough to say about the mission to the Defense House, Abuja and other stories.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Nobody: 10:02am On May 20, 2023
God bless all fathers. They do much but say little.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Creamypie(m): 10:02am On May 20, 2023
OK.congrats sir, She's just like her mum
Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Emelcee: 10:25am On May 20, 2023
Stanley Williams Inyang wrote:

The man on the photo is the father of the rave of the moment, talking about the famous Hilda Effiong Bassey, who goes by a brand name, Hilda Baci. Hilda is the current holder of the Guinness World Records for the longest cooking time for an individual on earth though she's yet to be verified by GWR. His name is Mr. Effiong Bassey Edem, he hails from Nsit Ubium Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State. He is a cement dealer and resident in Uyo, the capital of Akwa Ibom State.

Since Hilda came on the spotlight by simply breaking and setting a new world record for the longest cooking time for a single individual on earth, discussions/ interviews between her mother, Miss Linda and herself on Hilda's success awash the mainstream/ social media space. But little or nothing has been said about Hilda's father. Hilda's success has been tied around God and her mother. The question has been, where has the father been while Hilda and her other siblings were growing up?

After thorough investigation, Yours Truly found out that Hilda and one of her siblings graduated from Madonna University, and the tuition fee person session for an individual is put at six hundred thousand (N600,000) naira.
Where could Miss Linda being only a "Mama Put Seller" at that time have raised such staggering sum of money for the tuition, other fees and their upkeep throughout the period they were in school?

The fees and their upkeep came from nowhere else than from their father, Mr. Effiong Bassey Edem.
According to him, it was tough seeing Hilda and her sibling through the Madonna University. He said at some point he had to buy money from shylocks with huge interest rates to make sure that they were educated.

No matter what may have caused their separation, Mr. Effiong Bassey Edem ought to have been given his due credit for the upbringing of Hilda and her siblings. It is totally wrong for Hilda and her mother to delete Mr. Edem from the success story of Hilda Baci.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Mindlog: 10:32am On May 20, 2023
Families do have estranged relationships, Hilda, her siblings and their parents do know what theirs are.....there are people who are not on speaking terms with their mothers, same mothers that breastfed them as they all have their stories.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Nobody: 10:35am On May 20, 2023
At the end, the children appreciate and acknowledge who they see. If your role as a father stops at being a financier alone then you are in for a long thing.

Although I doubt the authenticity of this story, Dude probably left the family for a younger and sexier woman while he sends in stipends when he remembers.

You can't be a crucial part of your children's lives and be sideline like this. Never!

26 Likes

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by mariahAngel(f): 10:47am On May 20, 2023
They've gone to dig out a man that was never part of their struggle story.

Since I've been following Hilda (way before her success), she hardly mentioned her father whenever she talked about her family (for one who talks about her family a lot).
Got me wondering if her father was still alive.

If they never mentioned the man when they were still struggling, there must've been a (serious) reason behind it.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Saynoomore: 10:48am On May 20, 2023
As far as Im concerned, this news is just too petty abeg! Make the man relax jaare!

Forgerrit, find money, cool money & enjoy yourself! Whether they acknowledge you or not in their cooking fame should be the least of your worries!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Nobody: 11:01am On May 20, 2023
Saynoomore:
As far as Im concerned, this news is just too petty abeg! Make the man relax jaare!

Forgerrit, find money, cool money & enjoy yourself! Whether they acknowledge you or not in their cooking fame should be the least of your worries!
Hard man hard man una dey do nah him make a 70 year old man dey carry plate go buy food every morning .
Sometimes I look at the man and pity him, if only he could turn back the hands of time.

It's really not much, be a part of your children's lives, love your wife, protect your home.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by ahnie: 11:04am On May 20, 2023
Deadbeat father

6 Likes

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by BusterG: 11:24am On May 20, 2023
Cute Papi...

Saw 2 children through a private university but the blind bat above me didn't see that in the write up.

Probably was a no nonsense strict dad but these daughters of eve won't let him rest.

I always tell people that out of the 24hrs in a day, use 23 to fear women. You can use the remaining 1hr to fear the devil.

10 Likes

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by illicit(m): 1:19pm On May 20, 2023
So what next now

1 Like

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Omihanifa: 1:27pm On May 20, 2023
See the truth is that that hilda baci nah big time runs girl undecided person way never chop dey do big yansh ?

I saw a video where she was practically naked, having fun with some other girls undecided I was shocked forget about the cooking, nah toto this girl dey sell. This Guinness world record now will only make her carry the toto business abroad.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Powerfly(f): 2:01pm On May 20, 2023
Omihanifa:
See the truth is that that hilda baci nah big time runs girl undecided person way never chop dey do big yansh ?

I saw a video where she was practically naked, having fun with some other girls undecided I was shocked forget about the cooking, nah toto this girl dey sell. This Guinness world record now will only make her carry the toto business abroad.

Allow her to sell it. Even if you had a to... I don't think it would be beyond 2k. grin angry grin

6 Likes

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by brain54(m): 2:25pm On May 20, 2023
You people should leave…

The girl’s family issues and focus on the record she is trying to set.

I wonder how all of these her private life concern anyone.

Everything una go chook mouth put!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by bukatyne(f): 2:48pm On May 20, 2023
Oga detective, I hail o!

Why is the father in Onitsha while the mother and children are at Abuja/AKS?

Did the father ever call her to encourage her during the cookathon?

Apart from borrowing money from loan sharks was he present in their lives?

We have told you fathers over and over; you have seen what befell your ancestors yet you don't listen:

Financial sperm donorship doesn't make you a father: at least not one that would be remembered.

You need to present in your children's lives; play with them, train them, discipline them, correct them, encourage them, love their mother, show them love, don’t treat them like an inconvenience, be involved in all aspects of their lives, introduce them to your faith or even lack of it, have a routine with them outside their mother. Know them for yourselves.

Let them have a personal relationship with you.

It is well.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by TheSuperX(m): 4:40pm On May 20, 2023
Omihanifa:

You no lie, ontop of that she's also a lesbian too, I know that her friend Ama Reginald na top hookup girl she be for Lekki, na Lekki big boys dey spansh her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by ahnie: 5:27pm On May 20, 2023
See some yellow socks and slippers gangs analyzing the lady's life,meanwhile their sisters are mobile walking POS for yahoo boys.

Awon 3 odds and big bros, anything for yourboy gang.

9 Likes

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Akinfemmy(m): 5:43pm On May 20, 2023
ahnie:
See some yellow socks and slippers gangs analyzing the lady's life,meanwhile their sisters are mobile walking POS for yahoo boys.

Awon 3 odds and big bros, anything for you boy gang.

Shutup. Sometimes i wonder how you people turn a blind eye to the obvious and pretend. This is exactly why alot of young girls are feeling unnecessarily pressured.

A girl that cooks just food and can conveniently afford to buy 40m house and you want to tell me it's only her cooking that's the source of income. Come on. Forget, that girl is big time hook up girl. Let's be truthful and say things the exact way it's.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Mindlog: 6:04pm On May 20, 2023
Akinfemmy:

Shutup. Sometimes i wonder how you people turn a blind eye to the obvious and pretend. This is exactly why alot of young girls are feeling unnecessarily pressured.

A girl that cooks just food and can conveniently afford to buy 40m house and you want to tell me it's only her cooking that's the source of income. Come on. Forget, that girl is big time hook up girl. Let's be truthful and say things the exact way it's.

Every lady who is financially comfortable is certainly from the proceeds of hookups?πŸ™„

How much do you and your likes, pay ladies you have sex with?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Godoverevery: 6:13pm On May 20, 2023
Mindlog:

Every lady who is financially comfortable is certainly from the proceeds of hookups?πŸ™„

No ooo...she is working in shell or chevron

Oo sorry she is chef in Eko hotel or she cooks for the president.

She even have PhD and her salary is 4million a month.

Generation that glorifies fraud and illegal means of income....well done.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Mindlog: 6:28pm On May 20, 2023
Godoverevery:

No ooo...she is working in shell or chevron

Oo sorry she is chef in Eko hotel or she cooks for the president.

She even have PhD and her salary is 4million a month.

Generation that glorifies fraud and illegal means of income....well done.

A professor don't even earn N4m monthly in Nigeria.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I ask again, how much are you paying ladies you are having sex with that can afford them a comfortable lifestyle.

Everyone do not need to work in Chevron or Shell, to earn millions monthly. It is like saying the Nigerian YouTube food cooking channel ( Zeelicious Foods) owner, Winnie Emmanuel is doing hookups to fund her comfortable lifestyle and not from the millions she earns monthly from YouTube and endorsements.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Delightsome2023: 6:31pm On May 20, 2023
Omihanifa:

boss how far Abeg you fit drop that video for our beer parlour section and tag me?
Thanks in advance.
That powerfly wet quote you no calabar lesbian oooo grin
Ignore am
Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Godoverevery: 6:38pm On May 20, 2023
Mindlog:

A professor don't even earn N4m monthly in Nigeria.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I ask again, how much are you paying ladies you are having sex with that can afford them a comfortable lifestyle.

Everyone do not need to work in Chevron or Shell, to earn millions monthly. It is like saying the Nigerian YouTube food cooking channel ( Zeelicious Foods) owner, Winnie Emmanuel is doing hookups to fund her comfortable lifestyle and not from the millions she earns monthly from YouTube and endorsements.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

That is winnie Emmanuel.........stick to the person we talking about here....just give me her sources of income that fetch her 40million to buy a house since you know her very well .....don't speculate.

There are somethings we shouldn't argue at all i swear.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Mindlog: 6:49pm On May 20, 2023
Godoverevery:

That is winnie Emmanuel.........stick to the person we talking about here....just give me her sources of income that fetch her 40million to buy a house since you know her very well .....don't speculate.

There are somethings we shouldn't argue at all i swear.

Not deviating, Winnie Emmanuel is also cooking and that bursts your notion that cooking can not earn one, millions!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Akinfemmy(m): 7:42pm On May 20, 2023
Mindlog:

To your stupid question, I don't pay for sex. I don't really desire sex.

See, I will tell you this. I really do not give a flying fxck if a girl sell her pussy. In fact, maybe if i was a woman and i know i can monetize my pussy too i would do it. I'm not preaching or shaming prostitute. What irritates me is when your likes act ignorant to the reality before you. It doesn't matter if you accept it or not. It's the reality. Common sense, if you possess it at all, should tell you something is not right just by evaluating it. Stop trying to defend nonsense.

Tell me how profitable a restaurant business is that it will make a girl comfortably buy a house of 40m?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by CheedyJ(m): 8:03pm On May 20, 2023
That's their family problem.
Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Godoverevery: 8:07pm On May 20, 2023
Mindlog:

Not deviating, Winnie Emmanuel is also cooking and that bursts your notion that cooking can not earn one, millions!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You are deviating ......like i said don't speculate.

Let be factual......before the whole cooking record she wasn't known at all.

Anyway even hushpuppi was an influencer and celebrity before he was busted so I understand the drill.

More winning to her purse.

7 Likes

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Kemadealadire(f): 8:29pm On May 20, 2023
Who is looking for her father
Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Mindlog: 9:29pm On May 20, 2023
Akinfemmy:

To your stupid question, I don't pay for sex. I don't really desire sex.

See, I will tell you this. I really do not give a flying fxck if a girl sell her pussy. In fact, maybe if i was a woman and i know i can monetize my pussy too i would do it. I'm not preaching or shaming prostitute. What irritates me is when your likes act ignorant to the reality before you. It doesn't matter if you accept it or not. It's the reality. Common sense, if you possess it at all, should tell you something is not right just by evaluating it. Stop trying to defend nonsense.

Tell me how profitable a restaurant business is that it will make a girl comfortably buy a house of 40m?

E easy to do ashawo work to get money to buy such house with the millions of girls hustling on the streets?

Hyperventilating over another person buying a N40m house .... bros, invest your mind in something that would be profitable.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by ahnie: 9:45pm On May 20, 2023
Mindlog:

E easy to do ashawo work to get money to buy such house with the millions of girls hustling on the streets?

Hyperventilating over another person buying a N40m house .... bros, invest your mind in something that would be profitable.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Don't mind them,if e easy make them do ham.
Re: This Is Effiong Bassey, Hilda Baci's Father... by Akinfemmy(m): 10:01pm On May 20, 2023
Mindlog:

You started the convo like person wey get sense but you don dey cap senseless like this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! My Newly-wedded Husband Is Sleeping With Another Man's Wife. / Who Comes First, Your Mother Or Your Wife? / What Is Bvn (Bank Verification Number) All About And Why Does One Has To Do It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.