Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables (42365 Views)

I Cant Afford A Single Spaghetti To Feed My Family - Buba Galadima (video) / APC Shares Rice, Spaghetti To Vote For Samuel Babatunde Adejare / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Cromagnon: 7:43pm On May 21, 2023
JASONjnr:

If you like, deny yourself the truth, but you know that things have really gone wrong and the Buhari administration is to be blamed.

You're the denier liar
What did buhari do
Did he change oil price
Or start Ukrainian war?

He has left Nigerians to struggle to survive....

What was he supposed to do?
Are Nigerians not Responsible for Nigerians?

Eggs that I can say we produce through poultry is expensive..... Our local Rice is expensive as well...

Whose fault?
Do you even know why it's expensive or you're just looking for who to Pass blame to?

He should open the border so that we can import foreign goods at a relatively cheap price....
and destroy local production completely then you starve once there is famine in importing country and they stop supplying you?

Penny wise pound foolish
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by seunayantokun(m): 7:45pm On May 21, 2023
Muhammadu Buhari was a disaster. Jubril Buhari is a disaster raised to power 10.

6 Likes

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Cromagnon: 7:48pm On May 21, 2023
Ikea81:
[
The index released in 2016 shows that it cost N4,087 to prepare jollof rice for a family of five or six. The latest report for the first quarter shows that the same portion cost N10,882.
years/

When gas finish half way, one pot of jollof becomes 13k as you rush to refill 2.5kg of gas. Nigerians now struggle to eat once a day under buhari
na full cylinder you de take cooK. Rice. Better to remain silent if you have nothing to contribute
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Cromagnon: 7:50pm On May 21, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
Useles Media Houses. They pretended all is well in the 8 yrs of his maladministration.
They have now found their voices again, 8 days to go. Tommorrow they will come and receive useless awards for defending democracy under Buhari while they did nothing

Is media house your god?
If you're gullible enough to listen To media then you deserve whatever you get

Waited for almost 8 years to come remind Nigerians how Buhari changed breakfast for them. What an irrelevant information Another one is about to happen. They are all quiet despite the fraud of election

Nobody stop you from starting your own media and making noise o

Shebi na you be Rambo

The biggest problems of Nigeria right now are the Media Houses and APC
Not you and the 70 million that refused to vote?

SMH
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by ejimatic: 7:51pm On May 21, 2023
Bobloco:
......kitchens in 8 years

https://dailypost.ng/2023/05/21/from-spaghetti-to-egg-how-buhari-govt-changed-nigerians-dining-tables-kitchens-in-8-years/
. Look at the history of Nigeria prices go up daily over the regimes till today. Whoever thinks that rice will be 100 per congo in Nigeria is deceiving himself. SSCE was 60 naira before.Later 140 300 500 etc. Today close to 40 000.Any change? Yes What was the minimum wage before what is it now? All. My prayer is goods should be affordable to Nigerian masses with some considerable reduction. and a reversal of our economic policies in the interest of masses!

2 Likes

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 21, 2023
SwissMass:
Judiciary intervention? for where?

Keep asking

1 Like

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Cromagnon: 7:52pm On May 21, 2023
Jessyjeff:
In 2015, after Buhari was sworn in, Obasanjo warned Nigerians about Buhari's poor grasping of how economy works. He said that Buhari could be good in some areas, but he (Buhari) has Zero understanding of economics, especially in Nigerian context.

Buhari had worked under Obasanjo in the 70s, he also witnessed Buhari's wreck of Nigeria's economy between 1984 to August 1985.

Was there inflation under obj or not
Let's start there

Despite all these warnings, many Nigerians still voted for the same Buhari in 2019.

Why did they vote him
Don't skip that part

In my view, only constant hardship and widespread suffering will reset the mindset of Nigerians who vote incompetent people into power, due to ethnic or religious sentiments. Since October 1979, Nigeria has been sliding down on every index of human development. The roots of such a negative growth is poor leadership, from federal to local government levels.
what about individual leadership ?
Abi is only political leadership that is leadership in your own eyes?
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:53pm On May 21, 2023
Funny enough, Buhari is obvious of the fact that his administration was nothing to write home about.

Those who are sweating profusely to write something good about him are not even doing him good one bit, one thing is to be ignorant another is to be enlightened yet see yourself as a tool to spread ignorance.

Regardless, I wish this country well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by CodeTemplar: 7:53pm On May 21, 2023
mightyhaze:
Well he try for traders wen dey get stock..made alot of Dem overnight millionaires

Na salary earners he do shege banza shocked
he did everybody except thieves shege and banza together.

The traders patronized by civil servants and salary earners can't experience proportional increase in patronage with prices because they the money available to buy with is limited by their stagnant salary. It means priorities will be set and some manufacturers/distributors/goods will give way for more pressing needs. Go and ask peak milk or corn flakes people how it is going versus how it was.

4 Likes

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by blesdman(m): 7:53pm On May 21, 2023
JASONjnr:

If you like, deny yourself the truth, but you know that things have really gone wrong and the Buhari administration is to be blamed.

Eggs that I can say we produce through poultry is expensive..... Our local Rice is expensive as well...

He should open the border so that we can import foreign goods at a relatively cheap price....
U are still thinking of importation. It is obvious that apart from Buhari we deserve the kind of leaders we get. Citizens are their own problems

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by IbeOkehie: 7:55pm On May 21, 2023
jconsulting:

Please don't compare Tinubu with Buhari, the latter has no brain for economic improvement all he wants is to rule and enjoy government largesse. Tinubu on the other hand may prove himself if allow to do so, he has the money before so he is not coming has president to embezzle, if Tinubu mess up , he has only 4 years no renewal.

I doubt Nigerians can vote out Tinubu in 2027 even if he completely destroys the country. It just can't happen.

Sorry, but your expectation of Nigerians is too high.

3 Likes

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by NothingDoMe: 7:56pm On May 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

I swear man ...traders have never had it so good

It only affected we manufacturers

Got to a point I never had more than 100k naira ...as money came I straight up conversion to usdt
Not just convert oh. Move out too. Don't forget they were fiddling with the idea of seizing funds from dorm accounts about 2 years ago.

1 Like

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by pacificom: 7:56pm On May 21, 2023
Everyone here is coursing Buhari ! The man had done the best in his capacity for Nigeria. The major problem lies on our electoral system, which need urgent reform to enable the right people to engage in our politics.
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by grandstar(m): 7:59pm On May 21, 2023
Though the Russian-Ukrainian war greatly affected food prices in recent times, the high cost of things is simply due to economic incompetence under Buhari.

The Naira's value dropped from around 210 when he assumed office to N740 as at today. That is more than a 50% loss in value, the steepest decline for any government since 1999.

From 1999-2007, the Naira fell from $1-$100 to $1 - 122. From 2007- 2015, it fell from $1-122 to $210.

The Naira would have lost value under any government but Buhari accelerated that decline through lamentable exchange policies which he introduced (someone should inform his he isn't an economist) which devastated not only the exchange rate but the economy as well.

The loss in Naira value would definitely affect the price of food, especially those imported. If imported food becomes pricey, people will turn to locally produced foods which will definitely increase their prices. There is a chain reaction.

The next 4 years will be hellish for Nigerians. Buhari has left a big gargantuan mess. Over 100% of government revenue goes on debt servicing which means 100% of the budget will be borrowed.

There simply needs to be a Structural Adjustment Program (SAP) to restore sanity.

The Naira would have to be market determined. Overtime, I see the Naira dropping to $1-N1,300. That will be the true value of the Naira.

Fuel subsidy will have to go and the price deregulated. This will free up trillions of Naira for the government but will bring pain.

Energy prices will have to be deregulated which will bring short term pain. If prices are deregulated, meters should be provided by the Discos so that consumers pay for electricity consumed instead of subjecting them to crazy bills.. This should greatly boost energy supply.

Lending rates simply needs to come down. The present 35% will simply kill the economy. A reduction in Nibor rates will lead to a fall in the value of the Naira but will inject life into the economy and also reduce the cost of servicing government debt

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Greattha: 7:59pm On May 21, 2023
Stories....just as buhari had only 4 years but stayed 8 claiming nigerians begged him to?
So it's today you all know the bubu is economically inept, were you all not told pre-2015?

Someone who believes power should be snatched, grabbed and run with will relinquish power because you think he hasn't done well?

I laugh in Spanish grin

jconsulting:

Please don't compare Tinubu with Buhari, the latter has no brain for economic improvement all he wants is to rule and enjoy government largesse. Tinubu on the other hand may prove himself if allow to do so, he has the money before so he is not coming has president to embezzle, if Tinubu mess up , he has only 4 years no renewal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by SOSPITAS(m): 8:01pm On May 21, 2023
It is true this government made alot of promises that they couldn't keep and carried out several policies that where counterproductive. But the three major cause of this inflation are
1) fraudulent COVID 19 & the foolish lockdown. Time has shown that we where just screwed over by this people. Locking down the economy was a bad idea and it lead to high deficit spending by the government.

[b]2) [/b]United States federal reserve policy of printing excessive money during the lockdown and exporting the debt by raising interest rate. This is possible because the dollar is the reserve currency of the world & that's why de-dollarisation is been championed

[b]3) [/b]the war of attrition going on in Ukraine.
The inflation is global not just in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by tightpuna(m): 8:02pm On May 21, 2023
Worst administration ever in Nigeria history tueeh.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Cromagnon: 8:02pm On May 21, 2023
freemanq:
The worst government in the whole wide world.
Somalia
Syria
Ukraine
Congo
We not that bad my boy
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by maasoap(m): 8:02pm On May 21, 2023
Karlman:
Buhari is & was a Disaster!
And those who brought him have forced themselves again on the people!
Those of you who didn't want Buhari back then was minority. In 2023, you had become majority (opposition) but selfishness wouldn't let you remain one. Out of nowhere, LP, NNPP and G5 emerged from PDP. grin grin grin. So, blame yourselves (almost 14 million voters) instead of blaming us (8 million voters)

2 Likes

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by OnonujuChrist(m): 8:03pm On May 21, 2023
Corruption in Nigeria can never be quenched unless by God's intervention.. I only pray that I and my family keeps surviving the aftermath of every election in this country.

2 Likes

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Allisgud: 8:05pm On May 21, 2023
For me this the best post this year,how I wish it will be a leading topic on Twitter,this thieving politicians don't know how the masses are feeling,how will they care when buhari and the rest are been fed with 1billion yearly

3 Likes

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by ChristineC: 8:05pm On May 21, 2023
eh Nigerians should manage it like that.
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Chetas81(m): 8:05pm On May 21, 2023
Who's fault
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by freemanq(m): 8:06pm On May 21, 2023
It seems you are gaining something from the present government. Don't ever call me your boy

Cromagnon:
Somalia
Syria
Ukraine
Congo
We not that bad my boy

5 Likes

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by maasoap(m): 8:06pm On May 21, 2023
SOSPITAS:
It is true this government made alot of promises that they couldn't keep and carried out several policies that where counterproductive. But the three major cause of this inflation are
1) fraudulent COVID 19 & the foolish lockdown. Time has shown that we where just screwed over by this people. Locking down the economy was a bad idea and it lead to high deficit spending by the government.

[b]2) [/b]United States federal reserve policy of printing excessive money during the lockdown and exporting the debt by raising interest rate. This is possible because the dollar is the reserve currency of the world & that's why de-dollarisation is been championed

[b]3) [/b]the war of attrition going on in Ukraine.
The inflation is global not just in Nigeria.

And most importantly, banning of importations of basic items including food without corresponding increase in local production as well as escalating banditry activities in the North that has killed and displaced thousands of farmers

2 Likes

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Justiceleague1: 8:07pm On May 21, 2023
Bought this big ox standing fan some four years ago in Lagos for about #23k+.
It stopped working after some months and I was making do with a smaller one I have.
Now both are down and I thought I should just buy another big one instead of fixing..
I got to same place I bought the fan and was told it now cost #50k!!!!!!!

Buhari really did a lot of damage.

GEJ never did 1/4 of what buhari did but Nigerians threw him away.

Same Nigerians are suffering and smiling under buhari for 8yrs!

4 Likes

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by IbeOkehie: 8:08pm On May 21, 2023
grandstar:
Though the Russian-Ukrainian war greatly affected food prices in recent times, the high cost of things is simply due to economic incompetence under Buhari.

The Naira's value dropped from around 210 when he assumed office to N740 as at today. That is more than a 50% loss in value, the steepest decline for any government since 1999.

From 1999-2007, the Naira fell from $1-$100 to $1 - 122. From 2007- 2015, it fell from $1-122 to $210.

The Naira would have lost value under any government but Buhari accelerated that decline through lamentable exchange policies which he introduced (someone should inform his he isn't an economist) which devastated not only the exchange rate but the economy as well.

The loss in Naira value would definitely affect the price of food, especially those imported. If imported food becomes pricey, people will turn to locally produced foods which will definitely increase their prices. There is a chain reaction.

The next 4 years will be hellish for Nigerians. Buhari has left a big gargantuan mess. Over 100% of government revenue goes on debt servicing which means 100% of the budget will be borrowed.

There simply needs to be a Structural Adjustment Program (SAP) to restore sanity.

The Naira would have to be market determined. Overtime, I see the Naira dropping to $1-N1,300. That will be the true value of the Naira.

Fuel subsidy will have to go and the price deregulated. This will free up trillions of Naira for the government but will bring pain.

Energy prices will have to be deregulated which will bring short term pain. If prices are deregulated, meters should be provided by the Discos so that consumers pay for electricity consumed instead of subjecting them to crazy bills.. This should greatly boost energy supply.

Lending rates simply needs to come down. The present 35% will simply kill the economy. A reduction in Nibor rates will lead to a fall in the value of the Naira but will inject life into the economy and also reduce the cost of servicing government debt

Wow, another sensible comment. 👏 Very factual and sound.

Thanks.
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by splashbaby(m): 8:09pm On May 21, 2023
greenermodels:
Better start preparing price index for the coming Pablo Escobar- Osama Bin Laden administration, it's Nigerians that voted for Buhari-Osinbajo administration out of tribal and religious sentiments and the same Nigerians have voted and supports the incoming mandate thieves out of the same sentiments. Nigerians deserves the leaders that they get.
And you’re talking out of your own tribal sentiments as well… so na tribalism go kill all of una Laslas. Imagine a sane man calling Peter OBI a messiah, person that couldn’t turn the fortunes of Anambra state around … no tangible proof of any form of development after 8yrs, Awka remains the worst state capital in Nigeria and some empty head dey say na dat one go lead Nigeria. Abeg park well jare, na that bad mouth of yours go eventually damage una region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Allisgud: 8:10pm On May 21, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
I disagree. Tinubu will not be worse. I don't like what he represents and his politics or how he won but I don't think we can have any government as worse as the current one. Tinubu is not as stupid, insensitive or stubborn as Buhari. There will be some upward movement.
so all the attitude he display pro election that's for somebody who has not gotten power,his refusal of not showing up in all the debates

1 Like

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Allisgud: 8:13pm On May 21, 2023
JASONjnr:

For me this the best post this year,how I wish it will be a leading topic on Twitter,this thieving politicians don't know how the masses are feeling,how will they care when buhari and the rest are been fed with 1billion yearly

2 Likes

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by mrvitalis(m): 8:14pm On May 21, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Not just convert oh. Move out too. Don't forget they were fiddling with the idea of seizing funds from dorm accounts about 2 years ago.
Usdt is a fixed crypto ...they can't even touch it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imagine Joining Forces With Wike – Okorocha Hints On New Political Party / ACP Emmanuel Idowu Asufi Slumps, Dies In Office (Photo) / Soludo: Peter Obi Knows That He Can’t And Won’t Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.