Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables (42407 Views)

I Cant Afford A Single Spaghetti To Feed My Family - Buba Galadima (video) / APC Shares Rice, Spaghetti To Vote For Samuel Babatunde Adejare / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by lexy2014: 9:06pm On May 21, 2023
MightyHand:
Well said, let hope for better organisation and management from the incoming administration

So APC will now be better organised than APC
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:11pm On May 21, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

The Prices of some many things have keep sky rocketing in Canada, China, United States and U.K, Bahamas everytime I get to travel since the past 5 years. Not just Nigeria.
Have the salaries and wages also increased in these places?
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Danniedpastor(m): 9:13pm On May 21, 2023
PlayerMeji:
Naysayers on the beat!

Naysayers?
Please, point out the lies.
Shame on you ,if you can't
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Danniedpastor(m): 9:13pm On May 21, 2023
PlayerMeji:
Naysayers on the beat!
Naysayers?
Please, point out the lies.
Shame on you ,if you can't
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Ykc2(m): 9:15pm On May 21, 2023
Thank God igbo people knew right from time that buhari will be a disaster ,they rejected him first time second time, buhari only had one thing in mind , that one this is to empower his fulani brothers with with arms and money so they can seize many lands from indigenous people, while his gullible followers are been deceived that buhari is coming to make one naira one dollar ,Las Las na all us the buy rice 40k
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by BRIMBRAM: 9:18pm On May 21, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Have the salaries and wages also increased in these places?

In relation to the sky rocketing inflation it's so negligible. That's why workers often go on strike in those countries have mentioned too. I forgot to mention France. The last time I went, our hotel bills had double in some areas, and almost doubled in others. Any kind of food made with wheat flour, had a great rise in price.
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by SHINJACRUSADER: 9:22pm On May 21, 2023
ManirBK:
Inflation is all over the world but you are saying only in Nigeria. This administration is the best and Jagaban wiil make it fantastic wether you like it or not.
God bless Buhari
God bless Tinubu
God bless Nigeria

Dan banza ..mahaukaci banza..

You support them because they are Muslims... hypocrites
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Karlman: 9:33pm On May 21, 2023
maasoap:

Those of you who didn't want Buhari back then was minority. In 2023, you had become majority (opposition) but selfishness wouldn't let you remain one. Out of nowhere, LP, NNPP and G5 emerged from PDP. grin grin grin. So, blame yourselves (almost 14 million voters) instead of blaming us (8 million voters)
The irony of it all is that we are all in it together! Same market for all!
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Karlman: 9:35pm On May 21, 2023
Cromagnon:

Forced
Did you not vote?
Did 70million voters not choose to not vote?
I don't think you know what force means

You should say you're lazy and looking for awoof
I don't understand? Lazy? Awoof?
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by MrAgbako: 9:38pm On May 21, 2023
SwissMass:
Judiciary intervention? for where? , no man born out of woman can unseat Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban the Eze-Chukwu-gburugburu of Igbo land
Omo 😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by AfonjaPriest: 9:39pm On May 21, 2023
Nigerians are about to finish watching their version of the horror movie, 'The Evil Dead, Part I'. There will be nothing like child's play when they begin to watch the Part Ii. If it will not kill them, nothing ever will.
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by LagosG: 9:45pm On May 21, 2023
pdppower:
This is the most corrupt, wicked and insensitive govt in the history of Nigeria. Even as corrupt as Abacha was, he was not as corrupt as the pretender from Niger.
Nigerians have never had it this bad.
We have short term memory. We have always complained like this under every administration. I'm in my early 30s and I can assure you that I've never experienced a government where people have praised a sitting government. It is always in perspective. Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. The only ease we can collectively have is when a decentralization of government is in play. I don't see that happening for half a century. I'm sure in the next 2 years, people will start saying Buharis time was better. It's just a Nigerian problem since 1960. Nigeria as a contraption has failed. Selfishness rules, regardless of tribe, religion, or educational background. Once you become a Nigerian politician, no matter your stance, you must make some illegal money, large or small. Nobody escapes it. For the reason of this, things could only get worse, because the average Nigerian has to make more money to enjoy the life he should be having because people in power are stealing all the money. Because of this, the average citizen will mostly give a green light to making some illegal money. This mindset is in all of us so even in 150 years time, if Nigeria still stands, the leaders would still steal money. Plenty of it, enough to fuçk the average citizen. The cycle is until we disintegrate.

1 Like

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by comrChris(m): 9:45pm On May 21, 2023
Things have really gone bad
We would have been rejoicing for his exit if this election had gone well but, right now they have had their way again
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by dchamp234(m): 9:49pm On May 21, 2023
SwissMass:
Judiciary intervention? for where? , no man born out of woman can unseat Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban the Eze-Chukwu-gburugburu of Igbo land
That's why you're very poor and foolish, did this article mentioned Tinubu in anyway?
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by OB7Foreva(m): 10:11pm On May 21, 2023
I know say u didn't eat 3x3 today, keep praising mediocrity...na all of us go dey suffer am 2geda
ManirBK:
Inflation is all over the world but you are saying only in Nigeria. This administration is the best and Jagaban wiil make it fantastic wether you like it or not.
God bless Buhari
God bless Tinubu
God bless Nigeria

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by olab059(m): 10:17pm On May 21, 2023
EnEnPeecee:
which hope? You better start preparing to relocate to togo except if God pity una and Obi reclaimed his mandate otherwise na hell oooo

You people just type illogical things. Obi got a lot of votes from Lagos, Abuja, Plateau, Edo, and the whole of South East...very clear. But they didn't vote for him in North East and North West...he performed woefully in those states. There are 13 states all together in those two sub-regions. How do you think he would win when he can't get votes from the North? And apart from Lagos, he didn't perform so well in the South West too. So, I don't understand what you guys are always shouting about.
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by olab059(m): 10:22pm On May 21, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
I disagree. Tinubu will not be worse. I don't like what he represents and his politics or how he won but I don't think we can have any government as worse as the current one. [b]Tinubu is not as stupid, insensitive or stubborn as Buhari. [/b]There will be some upward movement.

Exactly.
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Irupetepete: 10:47pm On May 21, 2023
PlayerMeji:
Naysayers on the beat!
there is no way I will want to reply to people like you and not curse you and your generation but let me just keep quiet..
The way some of you behave, it is like you guys are given birth to without conscience
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Melagros(m): 10:52pm On May 21, 2023
pdppower:
This is the most corrupt, wicked and insensitive govt in the history of Nigeria. Even as corrupt as Abacha was, he was not as corrupt as the pretender from Niger.
Nigerians have never had it this bad.
My brother the government no be am
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Acidosis(m): 11:00pm On May 21, 2023
CodeTemplar:
he did everybody except thieves shege and banza together.

The traders patronized by civil servants and salary earners can't experience proportional increase in patronage with prices because they the money available to buy with is limited by their stagnant salary. It means priorities will be set and some manufacturers/distributors/goods will give way for more pressing needs. Go and as peak milk or corn flakes people how it is going versus how it was.

I stopped buying evaporated peak milk/three crown in local stores here. I noticed most are either about to expire or their cans have become rotten (rusted).

Milo had to adjust by producing a combo of Milk/Milo for the same price to avert massive losses. This is something the company has never done since inception.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by SwissMass: 11:02pm On May 21, 2023
dchamp234:

That's why you're very poor and foolish, did this article mentioned Tinubu in anyway?
You think everyone share your misfortunes, extreme penury and generational disappointment, no wonder you are unconsolable and grievous, you are looking for who to blame for your frustrations.
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by mkoabiola: 11:26pm On May 21, 2023
Buhari ws a colossal disaster
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by grandstar(m): 12:00am On May 22, 2023
SOSPITAS:
It is true this government made alot of promises that they couldn't keep and carried out several policies that where counterproductive. But the three major cause of this inflation are
1) fraudulent COVID 19 & the foolish lockdown. Time has shown that we where just screwed over by this people. Locking down the economy was a bad idea and it lead to high deficit spending by the government.

[b]2) [/b]United States federal reserve policy of printing excessive money during the lockdown and exporting the debt by raising interest rate. This is possible because the dollar is the reserve currency of the world & that's why de-dollarisation is been championed

[b]3) [/b]the war of attrition going on in Ukraine.
The inflation is global not just in Nigeria.

80-90% of Nigeria's present economic problems are self inflicted.

Buhari upon assumption of office started dictating the exchange rate, which is taboo. Central banks work best when there's no political interference and that why advanced countries central banks are independent. Nigeria's is autonomous but Buhari did not respect the autonomy and the nation had a central bank governor who was too timid to stand up to the president.

Next, Buhari refused to remove the fuel subsidy. When times were fat, GEJ tried to end the subsidy and deregulate the price. Buhari refused to deregulate the price when times were lean so as to save money! Now, the country is borrowing to subsidize oil.

He refused to prune the civil service. Lamido Sanusi said that half the civil service can be sacked and they can still perform optimally.

Another is crude oil production. For years, the country was only producing about 1.1m bpd of crude oil. Though the FG alleged theft, it was later discovered it was oil companies refusing to produce oil because of the high risk of theft. How did the Buhari administration solve this problem: by employing the services of Tompolo, whose company was contracted to protect the pipelines during GEJ admin had been abruptly terminated by Buhari upon assumption of office in 2015.

Bad fiscal and monetary policies adversely affect your currency. OBJ who was extremely prudent with the nations resources during his time so the exchange rate move from $1-100 to 122 by 2007. From 2007 to 2015, it moved from 122 to 216. For Buhari, it dropped from 216 to 740 today over 8 years, the worst drop ever!

If Buhari had addressed the 4 above issues admirably, I doubt debt servicing would consume more than 15% of government revenue unlike the ridiculous 96% (some suspect over 100%) today

Economics is about discipline.

1 Like

Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by MrPresident1: 12:06am On May 22, 2023
You people better go and thank China for coming to your aid this past 8years. China fed us these past 8years
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by LongLife4all: 12:10am On May 22, 2023
Buhari is just the most useless creation on earth. Whoever hasn't felt the bad governance in Buhari's government is not a true Nigerian. He or she must be stealing money from somehere.
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Charly68: 12:40am On May 22, 2023
All I know is that everybody will harvest what they sow sooner or later. God is watching
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Cromagnon: 12:48am On May 22, 2023
Karlman:

I don't understand? Lazy? Awoof?
Not willing to do the needful
Waiting for someone else to

If you can't speak English you should be able to google words to decipher their meaning
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Shikini: 12:50am On May 22, 2023
Terrible
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Truthshscrazy: 12:56am On May 22, 2023
Egg 100
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by Cromagnon: 1:37am On May 22, 2023
imbless:

Comment long sense none!!
This kind of comment shows how daft some people can be.
yet you can't prove it wrong

So let's just throw insults so ppl don't see how empty you are
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by jaxxy(m): 4:32am On May 22, 2023
SwissMass:

he has no seat anywhere takless of unseat back to iragbiji he goes.
Re: From Spaghetti To Egg – How Buhari Government Changed Nigerians’ Dining Tables by jaxxy(m): 4:37am On May 22, 2023
A failure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vendor Shows Ahmed Indimi Photo Of His Wedding To Zahra On The Streets Of Abuja / Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust / Adams Oshiomhole: Once You Join APC, All Your Sins Are Forgiven -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.