Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,246 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor (42017 Views)

Mr Macaroni Reacts To Sabinus Winning The AMVCA Award / AMVCA 2020 Full List Of Winners / AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Armaggedon: 11:42pm On May 22, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
I swear most Ibo men are illitrate, so you think Blockbuster movies like King of boys, Wedding party, King of theives get posted on YouTube, sorry...

Those quality movies are in Cinema and Streaming network not poor man YouTube where you watch your substandard movie for free.. na #2 mill budget movie you take them be....

Aki and Pawpaw? post the movie title make I compare im numbers with Kambili numbers..Mind you Kambili only make #35mill on YouTube, other platform and limited Cinema preview.

Ndi VCD film industry...naso Cinema house scares for East.
I told you you know nothing. Like you are an empty talkative.

This is your wedding party
167k views after 4years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzge8byPdiM&pp=ygUbd2VkZGluZyBwYXJ0eSAxIGZ1bGwgbW92aWUg

This is your king of boys
113k views after 3 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LquqUDMa62w&pp=ygUZa2luZyBvZiBib3lzIDIgZnVsbCBtb3ZpZQ%3D%3D

This is your king of thieves
147k views after 4 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUqwuPmuYT8&pp=ygU3a2luZyBvZiB0aGlldmVzIHlvcnViYSBtb3ZpZSBieSBmZW1pIGFkZWJheW8gZnVsbCBtb3ZpZQ%3D%3D

This is Aki and paw paw ( Asaba low budget movie)
40 million views after 4 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT9cEbh8VXA&pp=ygUPQWtpIGFuZCBwYXcgcGF3

Cinema movies and their grossing are a scam. Yoruba movie makers are noise makers. Igbos are blessed. With little budget they make Interesting movies and huge profits. While your "high class" over valued craps won't sell except when people hang out on holidays in the cinema with popcorn. Imagine having Aki and paw paw in a cinema and given the hype your over valued craps are given, cinema houses will collapse. Go and learn business from people who know and swallow your pride. Yorubas are struggling to make good movies but seems unable to connect with Nigeria and African audience. Asaba/Enugu axis is the grassroots of nollywood and it's pillar and will remain so. If you don't like it, go to court.

Take several seats.

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by MSGAMBLE9: 12:11am On May 23, 2023
Armaggedon:

167k views after 4years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzge8byPdiM&pp=ygUbd2VkZGluZyBwYXJ0eSAxIGZ1bGwgbW92aWUg

113k views after 3 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LquqUDMa62w&pp=ygUZa2luZyBvZiBib3lzIDIgZnVsbCBtb3ZpZQ%3D%3D

147k views after 4 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUqwuPmuYT8&pp=ygU3a2luZyBvZiB0aGlldmVzIHlvcnViYSBtb3ZpZSBieSBmZW1pIGFkZWJheW8gZnVsbCBtb3ZpZQ%3D%3D

Cinema movies and their grossing are a scam. Yoruba movie makers are noise makers. Igbos are blessed. With little budget they make Interesting movies and huge profits. While your "high class" over valued craps won't sell except when people hang out on holidays in the cinema with popcorn. Imagine having Aki and paw paw in a cinema and given the hype your over valued craps are given, cinema houses will collapse. Go and learn business from people who know and swallow your pride. Yorubas are struggling to make good movies but seems unable to connect with Nigeria and African audience. Asaba/Enugu axis is the grassroots of nollywood and it's pillar and will remain so. If you don't like it, go to court.

Take several seats.
The YouTube link you posted has the title buh na another movie dey inside...no be today I started using YouTube, do you how many times I tried downloading Lionheart buh na another movie go dey the file...no be today...

You are say a movie that makes nearly #700 and #350 mill are crap that sold on holiday...which holiday wan make #700m when we no even have the Cinema house capacity in Nigeria ( how many Cinema house dey East).... at least they make huge buck, please post highest Asaba grosser make we see...... You do see Asaba movie shot with drone before?

The few movies from that side like Aki and Pawpaw that makes Cinema grade didn't do too well... Why didn't the producers go the Asaba CDs route buh Common sense in them choose Cinema house not CDs, even the producers no live in medieval times they wan make better money wey Asaba no fy provide... This is Aki and Pawpaw cinema at 19 position, very poor for a household brand...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_Nigerian_films

Yeye be like a chest-beater pretending to live in medieval times.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Armaggedon: 2:06am On May 23, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
The YouTube link you posted has the title buh na another movie dey inside...no be today I started using YouTube, do you how many times I tried downloading Lionheart buh na another movie go dey the file...no be today...

You are say a movie that makes nearly #700 and #350 mill are crap that sold on holiday...which holiday wan make #700m when we no even have the Cinema house capacity in Nigeria ( how many Cinema house dey East).... at least they make huge buck, please post highest Asaba grosser make we see...... You do see Asaba movie shot with drone before?

The few movies from that side like Aki and Pawpaw that makes Cinema grade didn't do too well... Why didn't the producers go the Asaba CDs route buh Common sense in them choose Cinema house not CDs, even the producers no live in medieval times they wan make better money wey Asaba no fy provide... This is Aki and Pawpaw cinema at 19 position, very poor for a household brand...

Yeye be like a chest-beater pretending to live in medieval times.
you are a fool. All the movies are in the links are correct. Go get data. King of boys and wedding party couldn't get 200k views despite the hype. The movies are starring at you face to face and you are showing me Wikipedia link. Do you need Wikipedia link to visit YouTube? You are now yapping incoherently because you can't believe your eyes. People are not interested in your overvalued out-of-touch movies. I can show you more of your "high grossing" movies and how they are performing on YouTube. Infact, they are always shown on ROK1 DStv and people still ignore it to go after "Asaba movies". Ask anyone who subscribes because I know you don't have access to genuine information. Regular movies rake in millions of views while your overhyped craps are ignored. If people can't watch them for free on YouTube, why will they pay to watch them in the cinema?

Taa! Run away from here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Bulldozer90: 2:12am On May 23, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:

Are you for real? Those are the real movies in the link. Stop making senseless argument.

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by JaredH: 3:56am On May 23, 2023
asabawood starts and ends in the SE.. we don't watch rubbish here in the SW
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Gentlesoul2021(m): 6:03am On May 23, 2023
Basic123:

Mention the more popular one.

We are talking about class here..

Not all those low budget production that can't grace Netflix page!

Hello
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by MSGAMBLE9: 1:39pm On May 23, 2023
Armaggedon:
you are a fool. All the movies are in the links are correct. Go get data. King of boys and wedding party couldn't get 200k views despite the hype. The movies are starring at you face to face and you are showing me Wikipedia link. Do you need Wikipedia link to visit YouTube? You are now yapping incoherently because you can't believe your eyes. People are not interested in your overvalued out-of-touch movies. I can show you more of your "high grossing" movies and how they are performing on YouTube. Infact, they are always shown on ROK1 DStv and people still ignore it to go after "Asaba movies". Ask anyone who subscribes because I know you don't have access to genuine information. Regular movies rake in millions of views while your overhyped craps are ignored. If people can't watch them for free on YouTube, why will they pay to watch them in the cinema?

Taa! Run away from here.
Guy, no be today I don sabi YouTube scam...King of theives is 1hr 55mins buh the link you posted is just 1hr 2 mins and file is not even King of theives same with the posted Wedding party....who is the fool I guess you never knew since all you watch is Asaba backwardness, you can only fool your fellow illitrate.

Who are the people ignoring a movie grossing hundred of millions buh show us Asaba highest grosser make we check something... Please point one Asaba film from this list...An hausa or Yoruba family will never watch Epic or RoK on DSTV when AM Yoruba and hausa dey there... Numbers Says otherwise chest-beater

No by my papa get money pass Dangote chest-beating proove it with Numbers... Numbers don't lie chest-beater does...

Stop disgracing una self as illitrate...come at me with NUMBERS not crude chest-beating...

Yeye dey smell.
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by MSGAMBLE9: 1:44pm On May 23, 2023
Bulldozer90:
Are you for real? Those are the real movies in the link. Stop making senseless argument.
You are an illitrate, ask yourself is king of thieves runtime 1hr 2 min....when the real movie is 1hr 55min...same as the Wedding party runtime betrayed the link ...

Please point out one Asaba film from this list, Okoro man...

Una Okoro will never cease to amaze one... stop disgracing una Lineage.
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by cezarman(m): 4:58pm On May 24, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
cheesy grin all of them are planks together!
Make nollywood rest, dem no dey try

Hello

Please is that image from a movie scene... And do you know the name?
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Rinoxy: 10:11pm On May 24, 2023
Georgejeez:
I watched the So called Gangs of Lagos recently, didn't understand anything cos it was majorly Yoruba and no subtitle ....,

Be that as it may , if not for Epic and the Asaba wood , many people wouldn't purchase and subscribe Gotv

Those Cinema movies might be grade A or whatever but the real version that gives you the Nigerian feeling is the Asaba movies , reason the elderlies , women , children , House wives etc don't joke with it ....
Those your kind of dramas don't show on my DStv unless I'm not around. Upgrade is key. EOD.

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by cezarman(m): 3:42pm On May 26, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
cheesy grin all of them are planks together!
Make nollywood rest, dem no dey try

No its not a movie, thats Bermuda Triangle pic.
I dunno if was sculptured outter movie tho

I'm always interested in stuff like that.

Okay, thank you!
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by dharamanil(m): 10:54am On May 30, 2023
greypencils:
Are you giving an award for quality or quantity? Where is the quality in Asabawood?

I would say storyline. The stories are more relatable and shows the real occurrences in Nigeria and some other parts of Nigeria. Although I don't have a problem with iroko TV kinda movies, nice cameras but these movies lacks the organic events in Nigeria. Or maybe it does have those organic contents but something off or foreign about the presentation
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by dharamanil(m): 10:56am On May 30, 2023
Rinoxy:

Those your kind of dramas don't show on my DStv unless I'm not around. Upgrade is key. EOD.

Those cinema movies are usually like skits, ones you watch it, you don't want to see it again and despite nice cameras, they spend too much time in making it perfect hence it looses quality in the message but oooooo the cameras are like iPhone 14 camera

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by dharamanil(m): 11:00am On May 30, 2023
Armaggedon:

167k views after 4years

113k views after 3 years

147k views after 4 years

It seems you don't understand yoruba. Yoruba movies are really really Interesting, from the old ones to few new ones.
Take several seats.
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Zool6: 5:25pm On Nov 25, 2023
Mumu only lion heart Netflix first entry into Africa
bought at 3.5m$ 1.6bn make more profit than all those yoruba movies mind u producer is entitled to only 37% of movies groosing
jim iyk movies Bad Comments sold at 1.5m$ 850m Prime first African entry only 2 Nigeria movies have make it to Osca Lion Heart by Gene and Mammy water by Cj Obasi non are Yoruba no producer have produced more Netflix movies like Charles Okparaeke Of Charleplay he rem maked Living in bondage Aki and paw paw Rattle Snakes Gramour girls Nneka the pretty Serpent presently he have over 20 new Netflix
Projects at hands blood diamond billionairesclubs Taboo jaja of opobo Igbo landing etc over 70% of Igbos producers are into homevideos movies which nollywoodis built around over 95% of nollywood legends own there career to homevideos nollywood which the fool tag asabawood African magic epic and Irok are most watched on magic Africa they are about Igbo culture for every 1 established yoruba actor or actress known offshore Nigeria there is 5 Established Igbo actors and actresses more known Nollywood is Synonymous with Igwee Ezemmuo Onowu red cap chiefs and igbo village setting over 65% of top popular nollywood actors and actresses are Igbos so Bleep off you losers
MSGAMBLE9:
Use Google check the highest grossing movie in Nigeria and clear your doubt.... which useless IQ damaging Asaba movie is represented there, you will even see Yoruba film like Anikulapo, King of thieves etc. not Asaba eyesore..

Or maybe Yoruba also owns MultiChioce, All Cinema house and Streaming giant (Prime Amazon, Netflix) that they manipulate the numbers...

Una wailing no be today buh for Eternity... Children of hate.
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Zool6: 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2023
[Let them keep fooling themselves even the audio grossing only mere 37% of it get to the movie producer only Lion hear 3,5m$ and Bad Comments by jim bought at over 1,5m$ by Amazon make more money than all yoruba movies both old and new combined
let them keep fooling themselves Google richest most popular or nollywood legends
and see all this yoruba noise is audio Kas movie the owner of that Aki and paw paw with over 45m YouTube vew alone made more money than those yoruba Quakers movies ask people outside Nigeria which nollywood actors or actresses they know
you will hardly hear any yoruba name they are frustrated and pained people pay more attention to Igbo movies from Asaba Enugu
showing on Magic Africa Epic and Irok most of there actors are regional that is why they are attacking Asaba producers because those actors and actresses are more popular
and richer quote author=Armaggedon post=123306943] I told you you know nothing. Like you are an empty talkative.

167k views after 4years

113k views after 3 years

147k views after 4 years

Take several seats.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark / BBNaija Vandora: I Was Voted Out For Not Kissing & Engaging In Sexual Acts / #bbnaija: Anto And Khloe Return To The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.