Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor (42063 Views)

Mr Macaroni Reacts To Sabinus Winning The AMVCA Award / AMVCA 2020 Full List Of Winners / AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by PoloG: 9:36am On May 22, 2023
misano:

Again, pointless.
your bloody minority tribe is not important
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Careente7(m): 9:50am On May 22, 2023
Guy why? Why go hard on Destiny that way?🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by SugarGirl44(f): 9:58am On May 22, 2023
FunkFlex:
Which one be Asabawood again? grin
Inside Nigeria we get Asabawood, Nollywood, Kannywood. I wonder how many woods dey for America. Una go just dey use una hands dey create divisions for this country.

The country isn’t one, na una dey force an imaginary one naijiriya for una mind.
We’re never one.

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by ORIENTATION101: 10:26am On May 22, 2023
thatigboman:
u forgot to add that Genevieve Nnaji's film, Lionheart, is Nigeria's first movie to enter Netflix
past glory
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by ShaqFu: 10:56am On May 22, 2023
Rebuker:
IK throwing jab at Token Makinwa here:

https://www.nairaland.com/7697069/iks-hilarious-jab-toke-makinwa

This is it for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NWnNNYyqlk
Good lord. This is Mortal Kombat fatality level of brutality. 🙌

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by joshuaidibia(m): 11:00am On May 22, 2023
Smartmanager:
Who was far better ahead sef;with quality content o.

That movie Elenu acted is very dope. He carried the entire movie, his jokes and acts were awesome. HE delivered his character perfectly. Shaggi is good, no doubt, but that Award should have gone to Elenu. Title of the movie is RAZZ GUY
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by MSGAMBLE9: 12:27pm On May 22, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Despite the Pretence, Forming Big Boy and Posh,
80% of Nigerians still watch that 'Asabawood' or AFRICAN MAGIC EPIC movies. smiley cheesy

If you Take that Channel away from DSTV/GOTV, Many Pple would not subscribe again.' undecided

MultiChoice is practising DISCRIMINATION and Should Correct themselves! sad
80%? I guess Okoro make up all Nigerians... People In SW don't even know what AM Epic is, na AM Yoruba or have you seen Northerners tune to Epic before when AM Hausa dey there....

Okoro men overstating their important.. bcoz Okoro men no see AMVCA collect..
Una no fy Compete in Cinema and Streaming age.

Shame

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by MSGAMBLE9: 12:30pm On May 22, 2023
Winner90:
The ones getting awards cannot be classified as nollywood actors to begin with. Create the class in your imagination.
Buh the numbers says otherwise....these are Nigeria movies making hundred of millions not the joke and substandard flick you guys make in Asaba..

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by MSGAMBLE9: 12:33pm On May 22, 2023
porthouse7:
cos Yoruba have taken over the music and movie industry
Children of hate will always cry victims.... who watche brain-draining, IQ damaging Asaba nonsense in 2023...

They can't compete hence the reason for their Bitterness.

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by MSGAMBLE9: 12:53pm On May 22, 2023
Goodlady:

Firstly, some of you are pained Tobi Bakare won ahead of Chidi Mokeme. Both are outstanding actors but Brotherhood was just a better movie than Shanty Town. That's why Tobi won.
However, I don't want to guess that you are making it appear like it's a tribe personalty award like saying those that won yesterday were more of Yorubas than those that do Nollywood English home video. In a nutshell, Yoruba vs Igbo thing as if it's 2023 election.
When you mentioned Kunle Afolayan, you spoiled yourselve's market.
He's bigger than any Nollywood english movie producer ever. He's the biggest ever Nigerian movie maker now in riches and achievements.
By the way, Kunle Afolayan or those that won yesterday aren't stereotyped to Yoruba movies. They act and produce lovely english movies and speak better english. Just as there are trashy actors everywhere, there are lots in those clique you mentioned.
By the way who started Nollywood and who really owned it and made it a global enterprise? It's those Yoruba movie producers from the time of Hubert Ogunde. Kunle that you mentioned has a father who's old enough to be father to Nkem Owoh & Ozonkwo. That when he started acting, those mentioned be as motor boys or house help in Nollywood.
See, it's not by competition or boasting, there are levels o.
And it's good for you to respect those you listed and yourself by not disparaging others.
Indeed, there's Asaba Nollywood and these Asaba analyst which you are one of them. Go to Linda Ikeji's blog & see how Igbos & all Nigerians are talking about the flaws of Asaba Nollywood. Awards are earned, not reward!
God bless the writer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Winner90: 12:57pm On May 22, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
Buh the numbers says otherwise....these are Nigeria movies making hundred of millions not the joke and substandard flick you guys make in Asaba..
what numbers sir?
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Georgejeez: 1:06pm On May 22, 2023
I watched the So called Gangs of Lagos recently, didn't understand anything cos it was majorly Yoruba and no subtitle ....,

Be that as it may , if not for Epic and the Asaba wood , many people wouldn't purchase and subscribe Gotv

Those Cinema movies might be grade A or whatever but the real version that gives you the Nigerian feeling is the Asaba movies , reason the elderlies , women , children , House wives etc don't joke with it ....

2 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by misano(m): 1:10pm On May 22, 2023
ORIENTATION101:
kiekie,shaggi,bimbo,kunle afolayan,have won it back to back. Notable mentions femi adebayo,odunlade adekola, bolanle ninalowo, funke akindele, e.t.c have won it also. Funke akindele won amvca consistently for 6times. Can remember the other Yoruba winners.
Just check amvca site and check the past winners and clear your doubt.
Just like music industry, fashion industry, Yoruba's domination of nollywood has come to stay.

Who are the Edo girls let's have their names😂🤣🤣

Exactly my point, many tribes in Nigeria have won it. Yoruba, Igbo, Edo, Akwa Ibom and Delta have won it. Do U know why, because it's Nollywood. If U are looking for Yoruba award turn to Yorubawood.

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by MSGAMBLE9: 1:11pm On May 22, 2023
Winner90:
what numbers sir?
Use Google check the highest grossing movie in Nigeria and clear your doubt.... which useless IQ damaging Asaba movie is represented there, you will even see Yoruba film like Anikulapo, King of thieves etc. not Asaba eyesore..

Or maybe Yoruba also owns MultiChioce, All Cinema house and Streaming giant (Prime Amazon, Netflix) that they manipulate the numbers...

Una wailing no be today buh for Eternity... Children of hate.
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by thatigboman: 1:21pm On May 22, 2023
Sheggy13:

Shut up. Your brother came here insulting Kunle Afolayan who has won many awards as a movie director, downplaying his achievements by comparing him with one Chizzy Alichi because Kunle is Yoruba. I replied to that insult and you're calling that tribalism. Something is seriously wrong with you.

Last year, SE and SS won as you said, Yorubas didn't care. Now a Yoruba person won, your people are suddenly downplaying AMVCA and calling it an Owanbe Lagos award as you can see from their comments on this thread , yet you have the guts to accuse Yoruba of tribalism. How can an Igbo person accuse another person or tribalism? Very laughable.
the tribalism started from the Op that created the thread "I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actors". so u want SS and SE to clap for you for insulting their people?
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Winner90: 2:06pm On May 22, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
Use Google check the highest grossing movie in Nigeria and clear your doubt.... which useless IQ damaging Asaba movie is represented there, you will even see Yoruba film like Anikulapo, King of thieves etc. not Asaba eyesore..

Or maybe Yoruba also owns MultiChioce, All Cinema house and Streaming giant (Prime Amazon, Netflix) that they manipulate the numbers...

Una wailing no be today buh for Eternity... Children of hate.

Bitterness is written all over your post yet you call people "children of hate"

Back to the topic. If you remove the few so called highest grossing movies, nollywood will still stand strong. If the regular movies you are trying to blackwash are removed, nollywood will be gone.

A lot of those movies like shantytown, Anikulakpo, blood sisters etc are Netflix original. It's not as if they are regular movies that the platform found "worthy enough" to feature.

Also, movie grossing high neither proves it's profitable nor even interesting. Cinema houses themselves take up a large sum of the profit, much money is also spent by the the producers promoting the movie, then paying large crew and taxes. After paying extra money for the cinema houses to feature their movies on important holidays like Christmas and New year day, they wait year long for it to gross. In the end, their take home profit might not reach 100 percent of the cost. Whereas someone in Asaba will invest few millions and recover more than it in months. Chill bro.
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by sangresan(m): 2:14pm On May 22, 2023
How many profitable movies have you produced from Asaba? Don't speak for others, speak for yourself.

Tell us what you spent and how much you made.
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 3:30pm On May 22, 2023
finallybusy:
Abeg, those lokitos have their own award shows. AMVCA is about class and distinction. How will a movie shot in two weeks with a two hundred thousand Naira budget compete with those crafted from multimillions of Naira? Is it a short film to begin with? New Nollywood appeals more to our growing middle class and foreigners of other races. Nkem Owoh and Patience Ozokwor are still regarded because the adults of today enjoyed their movies as children. Gen Zs don't know them from Adam. Wait for Generation Alpha to hit adulthood, those names will fade into oblivion including Omotola and Genevieve.

It is better to remain silent than sounding like a fool.
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 3:31pm On May 22, 2023
RTID:
I like how when it comes to the AMVCA awards, they always ignore Asabawood actors.

I mean, see the winners nah. Can you compare?

Destiny Etiko for one, would have shown up to the award, wearing one Catwoman swimsuit with her signature abortion belt to match, doing live videos in her Prado Jeep shouting;

"This is my sweat. I worked hard to get to where I am today."

Or imagine Zubby Michael receiving an award for the Best Agbero In A Movie, then he comes on stage to shout;

"Ke di ife neme si. Umu otu anokwa eba ehh."

Chizzy Alichi will now tell him to sit down, that he is too local.

Na so fight go start. Destiny will go live again to shout "it's my money, it's my sweat".

The most foolish post I have seen this year.
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Twistaray(m): 3:40pm On May 22, 2023
Winner90:

Back to the topic. If you remove the few so called highest grossing movies, nollywood will still stand strong. If the regular movies you are trying to blackwash are removed, nollywood will be gone.

A lot of those movies like shantytown, Anikulakpo, blood sisters etc are Netflix original. It's not as if they are regular movies that the platform found "worthy enough" to feature.

Somebody provided the reality, facts on ground you are hearing blabbing about ' removing this, removing that ' ...what is Nollywood if not these ' Highest grossing " movies?

You don't compare quantity with quality Hollywood is what it is today because of Quality movies and stories lines not some junk produced with 200,000 Naira within a week.

Abeg, carry your Asaba comot for here mehn.

Below are of the Local and low budget actors and movies producers crying and lamenting that Yorubas have cornered the Nollywood but you are here talking nonsense.

You don't beg somebody proving you with facts with lies and imaginary nonsense.
Only a fool with believe that Nollywood will ever find its place or win international awards one day with these CDs movies are trying to compare with these highest-grossed movies.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/05/22/amvca-stop-crying-foul-actress-ifemeludike-tells-nollywood-producers/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Winner90: 3:58pm On May 22, 2023
Twistaray:

Somebody provided the reality, facts on ground you are hearing blabbing about ' removing this, removing that ' ...what is Nollywood if not these ' Highest grossing " movies?

You don't compare quantity with quality Hollywood is what it is today because of Quality movies and stories lines not some junk produced with 200,000 Naira within a week.

Abeg, carry your Asaba comot for here mehn.

Below are of the Local and low budget actors and movies producers crying and lamenting that Yorubas have cornered the Nollywood but you are here talking nonsense.

You don't beg somebody proving you with facts with lies and imaginary nonsense.
Only a fool with believe that Nollywood will ever find its place or win international awards one day with these CDs movies are trying to compare with these highest-grossed movies.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/05/22/amvca-stop-crying-foul-actress-ifemeludike-tells-nollywood-producers/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
lol. Pm news is your source. That explains who you are
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Twistaray(m): 4:00pm On May 22, 2023
Winner90:
lol. Pm news is your source. That explains who you are

And what about PM? grin
Am I the one lamenting and crying, or can't you check the said celebrities' social media pages to confirm?

Nonsense ingredient. cheesy
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Winner90: 4:09pm On May 22, 2023
Twistaray:

And what about PM? grin
Am I the one lamenting and crying, or can't you check the said celebrities' social media pages to confirm?

Nonsense ingredient. cheesy
I don't want to give you the attention your are starved of. No nollywood actors are complaining. The person you posted is an unknown figure. AMVCA is inconsequential. Known nollywood actors are in their hundreds with movies being patronised across the continent. Bye.
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Twistaray(m): 4:23pm On May 22, 2023
Winner90:
I don't want to give you the attention your are starved of. No Nollywood actors are complaining. The person you posted is an unknown figure. AMVCA is inconsequential. Known nollywood actors are in their hundreds with movies being patronised across the continent. Bye.

But you've just replied me? grin
Yeah right, as usual, the envious Okoro according to his local exposure believes that AMVCA is the local champion even though Asabawood actors are lamenting of being denied recognition by the inconsequential, AMVCA whose voters cut across continents and watched and adopted by international platforms is inconsequential.

Remain in your locality and remain and by the same time next year, Asaba Nolly actors will cry again. grin wink

Yes, say your bye without crying and feeling pain. Good for you. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by MSGAMBLE9: 5:03pm On May 22, 2023
Winner90:

Also, movie grossing high neither proves it's profitable nor even interesting. Cinema houses themselves take up a large sum of the profit, much money is also spent by the the producers promoting the movie, then paying large crew and taxes. After paying extra money for the cinema houses to feature their movies on important holidays like Christmas and New year day, they wait year long for it to gross. In the end, their take home profit might not reach 100 percent of the cost. Whereas someone in Asaba will invest few millions and recover more than it in months. Chill bro.

Netflix or not, are they not Nigerian driven story with Nigeria crew and actors or not?.... you shouting Netflix like every sector doesn't require Investment, that is why Asaba is stuck in VCD and CD era with shameful movie title like Wrath of God's 1,2,3,4,.... If Cinema house took more why is the movie industry or everyone want to take their movie to Cinema and not go Crude Asaba or CDs way....

Big companies like Netflix, Amazon prime don't deals on Emotions buh cares about the business and Numbers that Asaba doesn't generate that's is why they are shunned...if you see Asaba movie you would know they truly need serious cash injections...Like you Netflix mumu reach to go burn their Hard earned cash on Substandard Asaba rifed with Piracy..

If as you postulate Someone drop million and reap millions back...trust me the Asaba movie genre would have been improved than this Eyesore we see on Epic...More profit would draw investors buh rather what we see is Asaba backwardness every year...we don't see Asaba numbers and not enough money is going into their Movie production (the movie quality prooves these) there hence there viability is questioned...

Shame.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Basic123: 5:45pm On May 22, 2023
RecentHistory:

Just like you can say Grammys is a Yoruba award because Yorubas have 14 Granmys and you losers don't have a single one grin
YORUBAS OWN ART,THAT IS THE FACT

ACTING
MUSIC
PARTY
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Armaggedon: 8:04pm On May 22, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
Netflix or not, are they not Nigerian driven story with Nigeria crew and actors or not?.... you shouting Netflix like every sector doesn't require Investment, that is why Asaba is stuck in VCD and CD era with shameful movie title like Wrath of God's 1,2,3,4,.... If Cinema house took more why is the movie industry or everyone want to take their movie to Cinema and not go Crude Asaba or CDs way....
everybody wants to take their movies to cinema? are you sure you are ok? A lot of regular movies makers also produce for the cinema and make regular movies. Chill bro don't over rate the cinema. It has been there since independence. If it is as profitable as you claim, regular movie makers who release movies partly through it would have focused on it solely.

MSGAMBLE9:

Big companies like Netflix, Amazon prime don't deals on Emotions buh cares about the business and Numbers that Asaba doesn't generate that's is why they are shunned...if you see Asaba movie you would know they truly need serious cash injections...Like you Netflix mumu reach to go burn their Hard earned cash on Substandard Asaba rifed with Piracy..

profit from Netflix belongs to Americans. Profit from Amazon prime belongs to France. Profit from nollywood belong to Nigerians who are mainly Igbo producers. Again stop acting as if AM epic is the only channel that show movies from produced in Asaba/Enugu axis. Most Am Epic movies, ROK 2, many ROK1 and AM urban movies are done there. So are most Nigerian movies on YouTube. Need I remind you that most nollywood movies done in Lagos are also done by Igbo producers. Till tomorrow, Igbos own nollywood. They are only competing with foreigners.
MSGAMBLE9:

If as you postulate Someone million and reap millions back...trust me the Asaba movie genre would have been improved than this Eyesore we see on Epic...More profit would draw investors buh rather what we see is Asaba backwardness every year...we don't see Asaba numbers and not enough money is going into their Movie production (the movie quality prooves these) there hence there viability is questioned...
...and if they don't make profit, they wouldn't be producing more and more movies and employing more people right? Have you ever seen a business sustaining without profit? When last did you see Tunde afolayan produce his own movie? Last year I saw him nearly crying that he doesn't know how people make profit by uploading movies on YouTube. That shows that those people understand the business environment more than him but empty pride won't let him learn. Movie making is business, you keeping at a sustainable level. If you are not Iroko or multichoice who own a large distribution network and you invest a large amount in production, you'll loose because Nigeria business environment is though. Nigerians are too poor to afford the type of expensive luxury that Netflix is offering. I assure you they and Amazon prime will abandon nollywood in few years time.
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by MSGAMBLE9: 9:13pm On May 22, 2023
Armaggedon:
everybody wants to take their movies to cinema? are you sure you are ok? A lot of regular movies makers also produce for the cinema and make regular movies. Chill bro don't over rate the cinema. It has been there since independence. If it is as profitable as you claim, regular movie makers who release movies partly through it would have focused on it solely.

profit from Netflix belongs to Americans. Profit from Amazon prime belongs to France. Profit from nollywood belong to Nigerians who are mainly Igbo producers. Again stop acting as if AM epic is the only channel that show movies from produced in Asaba/Enugu axis. Most Am Epic movies, ROK 2, many ROK1 and AM urban movies are done there. So are most Nigerian movies on YouTube. Need I remind you that most nollywood movies done in Lagos are also done by Igbo producers. Till tomorrow, Igbos own nollywood. They are only competing with foreigners.
...and if they don't make profit, they wouldn't be producing more and more movies and employing more people right? Have you ever seen a business sustaining without profit? When last did you see Tunde afolayan produce his own movie? Last year I saw him nearly crying that he doesn't know how people make profit by uploading movies on YouTube. That shows that those people understand the business environment more than him but empty pride won't let him learn. Movie making is business, you keeping at a sustainable level. If you are not Iroko or multichoice who own a large distribution network and you invest a large amount in production, you'll loose because Nigeria business environment is though. Nigerians are too poor to afford the type of expensive luxury that Netflix is offering. I assure you they and Amazon prime will abandon nollywood in few years time.

guy, speak for yourself that you cannot afford Cinema or streaming fee with back to back movie from Funke Akindele making over 600mil and even Femi Adebayo Indigenous language making over #350mill shows Nigerians can afford to watch good movies enmass with huge return....On Netflix they deal with Internal metrics not Emotions, for them to greenlight Anikulapo and King of boys for another season shows it profitable business for them ... do you think people like Kemi Adetiba, Afolayan or Mo Abudu will have biggest and most profitable studio in Nigeria if deals with Streaming giant and Cinema are not profitable...

Tell me which sector no like huge Investment, Hollywood shoot up due to Europeans jew massive cash injections after WW2.

Examples, Femi Adebayo shoot King of theives for #70mil to make over #350 at Cinema...can substandard Asaba film even near that figure In Production not to talk of Return.... if so give us examples

Only movie of substandard quality like Asaba will never dream of Cinema or streaming Network...who wan take on unprofitable ventures with PIRACY issues...even Asaba no dey attract big shakers in the industry only upcoming and C grade actors who cant cut it big in Big budget movies...no Ini Edo, Bimbo, Nse Etim, Toyin Abraham, Osas and Ini dima...how much be Asaba film budget wet Dem wan attract big fish or A-lister.

Joke's on you... commot there jaree.

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Armaggedon: 9:47pm On May 22, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
guy, speak for yourself that you cannot afford Cinema or streaming fee with back to back movie from Funke Akindele making over 600mil and even Femi Adebayo Indigenous language making over #350mill shows Nigerians can afford to watch good movies enmass with huge return....On Netflix they deal with Internal metrics not Emotions, for them to greenlight Anikulapo and King of boys for another season shows it profitable business for them ... do you think people like Kemi Adetiba, Afolayan or Mo Abudu will have biggest and most profitable studio in Nigeria if deals with Streaming giant and Cinema are not profitable...

Tell me which sector no like huge Investment, Hollywood shoot up due to Europeans jew massive cash injections after WW2.

Examples, Femi Adebayo shoot King of theives for #70mil to make over #350 at Cinema...can substandard Asaba film even near that figure In Production not to talk of Return.... if so give us examples

Only movie of substandard quality like Asaba will never dream of Cinema or streaming Network...who wan take on unprofitable ventures with PIRACY issues...even Asaba no dey attract big shakers in the industry only upcoming and C grade actors who cant cut it big in Big budget movies...no Ini Edo, Bimbo, Nse Etim, Toyin Abraham, Osas and Ini dima...how much be Asaba film budget wet Dem wan attract big fish or A-lister.

Joke's on you... commot there jaree.
You don't know anything bro. I repeat, you know nothing. Foreign movies still dominate cinemas. That means those Nigerians distributing movies via that channel don't know their onions.

Let me educate you. Most people who visit the cinema are rich and they go there to hang out and not to watch those movies in particular. That is why cinema movie makers hustle for viewership by paying huge amount for cinema houses to feature their movies on special holidays when people hang out. People hustle to watch good movies not the other way round. Many cinema movies end up on YouTube and their views are still less than many regular movies on YouTube. Check out wedding party on YouTube. The logical corollary is that a lot of regular movies will gross more than what you call hit if they feature on cinemas except that those producers wouldn't want to pay so much for promotion, taxes etc
Highest grossing is not highest take home profit for producer . Stop saying "he made this and that" on cinema. Ask them their real profit.
I repeat you don't know nada
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by MSGAMBLE9: 9:58pm On May 22, 2023
Armaggedon:
You don't know anything bro. I repeat, you know nothing. Foreign movies still dominate cinemas. That means those Nigerians distributing movies via that channel don't know their onions.

Let me educate you. Most people who visit the cinema are rich and they go there to hang out and not to watch those movies in particular. That is why cinema movie makers hustle for viewership by paying huge amount for cinema houses to feature their movies on special holidays when people hang out. People hustle to watch good movies not the other way round. Many cinema movies end up on YouTube and their views are still less than many regular movies on YouTube. Check out wedding party on YouTube. The logical corollary is that a lot of regular movies will gross more than what you call hit if they feature on cinemas except that those producers wouldn't want to pay so much for promotion, taxes etc
Highest grossing is not highest take home profit for producer . Stop saying "he made this and that" on cinema. Ask them their real profit.
I repeat you don't know nada
Foreign movies or not, Are Nigerian movie doing well ? Yes, Booker street is almost over #700 and Wedding party gross nearly #1 B combined, ask yourself how much is their Production cost....is it because of foreign movie that the shambolic Asabawood refuse to upgrade or move on from CD era...

Have shown Femi Adebayo stat show me one Asaba film stat and let compare...it not about chest-beating (like my papa rich pass Dangote, back it up man)... or Accept your L.

Numbers don't lie, show us even the meagre numbers of views Asaba Movies dey get for YouTube you go hide face.

Yeye dey smell.

2 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Armaggedon: 10:26pm On May 22, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
Foreign movies or not, Are Nigerian movie doing well ? Yes, Booker street is almost over #700 and Wedding party gross nearly #1 B combined, ask yourself how much is their Production cost....is it because of foreign movie that the shambolic Asabawood refuse to upgrade or move on from CD era...

Have shown Femi Adebayo stat show me one Asaba film stat and let compare...it not about chest-beating (like my papa rich pass Dangote, back it up man)... or Accept your L.

Numbers don't lie, show us even the meagre numbers of views Asaba Movies dey get for YouTube you go hide face.

Yeye dey smell.
aki and paw that was posted few years ago on YouTube is the most viewed nollywood movie on YouTube. Go and sit down. Show me the views for king of boys and wedding party let's compare. Btw, what are those movies doing on YouTube? I thought they are classy and made for cinema alone. If they can't garner the most views on YouTube, it means they are a scam.

Go have several seats!
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by MSGAMBLE9: 10:39pm On May 22, 2023
Armaggedon:
aki and paw that was posted few years ago on YouTube is the most viewed nollywood movie on YouTube. Go and sit down. Show me the views for king of boys and wedding party let's compare. Btw, what are those movies doing on YouTube? I thought they are classy and made for cinema alone. If they can't garner the most views on YouTube, it means they are a scam.

Go have several seats!
I swear most Ibo men are illitrate, so you think Blockbuster movies like King of boys, Wedding party, King of theives get posted on YouTube, sorry...

Those quality movies are in Cinema and Streaming network not poor man YouTube where you watch your substandard movie for free.. na #2 mill budget movie you take them be....

Aki and Pawpaw? post the movie title make I compare im numbers with Kambili numbers..Mind you Kambili only make #35mill on YouTube, other platform and limited Cinema preview.

Ndi VCD film industry...naso Cinema house scares for East.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tboss' Sister, Wendy Idowu Engaged To Dameon, Her Baby Daddy Of 10 Years (Pics) / Kids Show On Disney Plus "Baymax" Features Transgender Man Buying Tampons (Pics) / Thin Tall Tony Kisses Tboss. Fans React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.