Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community (17883 Views)

Enugu Witch Doctor Dies In Grave While Exhuming Body Of ‘Maltreated’ Housewife / I Think My Wife Is A Witch / Lady Searching For A Husband For Her Widowed Mother On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by Segzy19: 5:50pm On May 23, 2023
Na dem! I'm not surprised! People with backward culture
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by AngelicBeing: 6:03pm On May 23, 2023
LeoDeKing:
I swear to God, I knew where this happened even before opening the thread because it can't happen elsewhere.

My purpose of opening the thread is not to confirm but to read their comments.
Hian, you again, Buhari, LeoDeKing is still posting on nairaland.com, it is time to detain him at Umuahia for 800 years tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by descarado: 6:26pm On May 23, 2023
cococandy:
Funny how it’s usually women who are witches. How many wizards have you heard them banning?
They learnt very well from their colonial masters.

Let's say women liberation came less than a century ago. The atrocities committed against women in these developed nations were shocking. Not as half of what was obtainable in our culture before colonisation and in the 70s above.

Modern day women hating comes from religion.
You see them quoting the bible up and down for women slavery called submission.

My Grannies told me how powerful the umuadas were in the old. Look at our women now. Team u must submit to your husband.

But I'm happy that in those nations, women fought. It will take time but with things on ground in Nigeria right now, women emancipation is just a step away.

Women no longer see themselves as breeding machines only and they can actually walk away if they desire when the marriage dont favour them. This is a huge leap.
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by cococandy(f): 6:37pm On May 23, 2023
This yes this.

This is exactly what I need women who ride for them to understand. Witch hunts, anti-woman cultures, shaming of thing’s that are feminine, vulgar languages used to describe feminine things and behaviors, etc are all imports of the colonial masters. It’s a shame we adopted these cultures and then turn around to call others over westernized or woke. Like read a book people. The entire history of Europe is riddled with woman hate. If they can see their error and try to move on, why are we upholding their traditions and calling it African tradition?

descarado:

They learnt very well from their colonial masters.

Let's say women liberation came less than a century ago. The atrocities committed against women in these developed nations were shocking. Not as half of what was obtainable in our culture before colonisation and in the 70s above.

Modern day women hating comes from religion.
You see them quoting the bible up and down for women slavery called submission.

My Grannies told me how powerful the umuadas were in the old. Look at our women now. Team u must submit to your husband.

But I'm happy that in those nations, women fought. It will take time but with things on ground in Nigeria right now, women emancipation is just a step away.

Women no longer see themselves as breeding machines only and they can actually walk away if they desire when the marriage dont favour them. This is a huge leap.
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by Robchuks77(m): 7:21pm On May 23, 2023
wildikeman:
E no go pass east sha....yeye lots
I laugh.. Una never grow up I swear
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by jaxxy(m): 8:18pm On May 23, 2023
banish their own sister? This is more of a conspiracy than any tradition.

1 Like

Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by Blackdisciple(m): 8:59pm On May 23, 2023
Lemme check the state this is happening from first
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by Sleekfingers: 9:12pm On May 23, 2023
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by DeNovo: 11:48pm On May 23, 2023
Out of curiosity, where in Calabar did you see a witch being banished? Why the stereotyping?

Jennyclay:
Too bad undecided.

I thought it’s only calabar people that are fond of this rubbish and nonsense witch banishing, I never knew Igbo people are the oga kpatakpata of banishing witches undecided.

90% of Nigerians are so backward and uncivilized.

Useless brothers from the pit of hell!!
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by ArewaNorth: 9:39am On May 24, 2023
Backward people!
Re: Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community by SaLongs1(m): 8:21am On May 25, 2023
Na only witch Sabi witch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. / Woman To Marry Twin Sister's Killer / Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.