Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

My Journey To The UK - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To The UK (61319 Views)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To The UK by jiggar(m): 1:59pm On Jun 06, 2023
gmacnoms:
I don get work o 😁

See what I told you. The God who took you there, will make the environment favour you and all that's yours.

Congrats bro, may you continue to excel, and may our own testimony come soonest too.

Shalom.

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To The UK by gmacnoms(m): 2:24pm On Jun 06, 2023
jiggar:

See what I told you. The God who took you there, will make the environment favour you and all that's yours.

Congrats bro, may you continue to excel, and may our own testimony come soonest too.

Shalom.
Amen. Thanks alot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To The UK by GIDIBANKZ(m): 7:11am On Jun 14, 2023
gmacnoms:
Amen. Thanks alot

Congrats bro.. can i mail you?? Lets discuss

1 Like

Re: My Journey To The UK by gmacnoms(m): 10:36pm On Jun 14, 2023
GIDIBANKZ:

Congrats bro.. can i mail you?? Let’s discuss
No vex abeg. Wetin be the thing wey we wan discuss so?

1 Like

Re: My Journey To The UK by GIDIBANKZ(m): 10:38pm On Jun 14, 2023
gmacnoms:
No vex abeg. Wetin be the thing wey we wan discuss so?

You drop C. V and qo interview for d job abi na just normal hustling job
Re: My Journey To The UK by gmacnoms(m): 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
GIDIBANKZ:

You drop C. V and qo interview for d job abi na just normal hustling job
Every job here requires CV. Cleaner, Manager, security, data analyst, project manager, dishwasher, etc.

Every job here needs cv and goes through recruitment process.

You fit check this thread for any infor concerning uk stay 👇

https://www.nairaland.com/7695199/living-uk-life-immigrant-part-3/58

1 Like

Re: My Journey To The UK by yommitte007: 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2023
Na Southampton your dey? That west quay taxi.
gmacnoms:
Amen, Amen
Re: My Journey To The UK by gmacnoms(m): 10:40pm On Aug 01, 2023
yommitte007:
Na Southampton your dey? That west quay taxi.
not at all
Re: My Journey To The UK by Don1985: 12:00pm On Aug 02, 2023
gmacnoms:
not at all
infact I just dey laugh since I started reading this thread....am really happy for you and God will watch over you and your family.....am sure one day I will also testify to the glory of God with my family as well.... I can't wait to japa as well....am happy for u guys

1 Like

Re: My Journey To The UK by gmacnoms(m): 5:00pm On Aug 02, 2023
Don1985:
infact I just dey laugh since I started reading this thread....am really happy for you and God will watch over you and your family.....am sure one day I will also testify to the glory of God with my family as well.... I can't wait to japa as well....am happy for u guys
Thanks a lot. God will do it for you too. That’s how I also admired others until mine came through

1 Like

Re: My Journey To The UK by Zealoy(m): 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2023
Still in business call
Re: My Journey To The UK by SIRTee15: 7:02am On Sep 12, 2023
planetx:
You are still fresh of the boat so keep comparing. You will discover the real UK soon.

I've been in the UK for 7 years and I have no regret being here. That UK didn't work out well for u doesn't count for others.
UK is tough ATM no doubt but so is other parts of the world including Nigeria.
The only area Nigeria is better than UK is Nigerians don't pay tax, which explain why the country is messed up.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To The UK by Armstrong7(m): 6:07pm On Jan 07
gmacnoms:
Remind me next year 😃. Thanks for celebrating with me
boss happy New year, hope you're good?? You said I should remind you boss 🤗😊
Re: My Journey To The UK by gmacnoms(m): 7:18pm On Jan 07
gmacnoms:
Remind me next year 😃. Thanks for celebrating with me
send your account number
Re: My Journey To The UK by gmacnoms(m): 11:07pm On Jan 07
Regex:

Na una weh just land go teach us how to live in UK. Abeg park well.
🙂
Re: My Journey To The UK by gmacnoms(m): 11:08pm On Jan 07
Regex:

Abi you no plan do vlogging? Na una way.
🫶
Re: My Journey To The UK by gmacnoms(m): 11:08pm On Jan 07
Raalsalghul:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ndi content creators.
🥂
Re: My Journey To The UK by gmacnoms(m): 11:09pm On Jan 07
Regex:

Yes na. Piam agbila youtu.be video.
a shame
Re: My Journey To The UK by gmacnoms(m): 11:09pm On Jan 07
Regex:

After now we go see am for cnn deh talk nonsense.
wawu
Re: My Journey To The UK by EEIA: 11:27pm On Jan 07
Raalsalghul:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ndi content creators.
Ndi Their Name must not be called or checked. grin
Re: My Journey To The UK by landmark86: 6:32pm On Jan 08
gmacnoms:
For person wey do kaya for mile 12? 😁

All of us no be the same. I respect that you do not post, but we are all not same. If not, social media for quiet.

I am sure you enjoyed reading through, hence the comment.

Cheers

Soft reply
God bless you
Enjoy ur stay
Re: My Journey To The UK by gmacnoms(m): 8:31pm On Jan 08
yommitte007:
You don't have to post all this to the world sir. I have been in the UK since a long time and the world doesn't know. Be prepared for the roughness. Warehouse jobs and stupid care jobs. Be prepared for 3 months of regret sir. You will wish u hadn't come.
Ekpele Sir. It hasn’t been rosy but I’m here to tell you that

I got working, not in care, not in warehouse (with all due respect to them) in 2 weeks of arrival.

I sold my 12 pro max to ad to flight ticket, me and my wife now use 14 pros, paid in cash.

I have also being able to pay off debt of over 4m and also have a few savings.

I also have bought equipment and setup a portable home music studio ( this happened in my first 2 months ) . And I have released about 4 songs (check d minimalist) on all social media platforms.

I also wear Zara and what would have been termed luxury in Nigeria. These are a few of them. I won’t talk about the standard of living and type of living because you fit just choke.

It’s not a smooth ride, but I have no regrets and have a better standard of life, I eat better and breath better than you whole community, including your state governor.

In less than 8 months, I have achieved so much more that I can’t start typing.
Even my family and friends don receive alerts too.

My first 3 months was sweet.

It’s not a soft ride, but my brother, it’s incomparable and I can’t even list it all, in just 7 months.

Na you know the abroad wey you go

Cheers 🥂 you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To The UK by DenreleDave(m): 8:41pm On Jan 08
gmacnoms:

I got working, not in care, not in warehouse (with all due respect to them) in 2 weeks of arrival.

I sold my 12 pro max to ad to flight ticket, me and my wife now use 14 pros, paid in cash.

I also have bought equipment and setup a portable home music studio ( this happened in my first 2 months ) . And I have released about 4 songs (check d minimalist) on all social media platforms.

I also wear Zara and what would have been termed luxury in Nigeria. These are a few of them. I won’t talk about the standard of living and type of living because you fit just choke.

It’s not a smooth ride, but I have no regrets and have a better standard of life, I eat better and breath better than you while community, including your stated governor.

I have achieved so much more than I can start typing, in less than 8 months.

It’s not a soft ride, but my brother, it’s incomparable and I can’t even list it all, in just 7 months.

Cheers 🥂 you

But I never receive... Make i even whatsapp u so u go send my own
Re: My Journey To The UK by gmacnoms(m): 9:28pm On Jan 08
DenreleDave:

But I never receive... Make i even whatsapp u so u go send my own
Dave. Work choke for December o
Re: My Journey To The UK by Queengolden(f): 11:35pm On Jan 08
gmacnoms:

It’s not a smooth ride, but I have no regrets and have a better standard of life, I eat better and breath better than you while community, including your stated governor.

I have achieved so much more than I can start typing, in less than 8 months.

Cheers 🥂 you
shikena
Re: My Journey To The UK by DenreleDave(m): 4:44am On Jan 09
gmacnoms:
Dave. Work choke for December o

Ehnn I go still msg u.. Bros

Èmi lọ kan grin grin grin
Re: My Journey To The UK by Mcslize: 6:41am On Jan 09
finallybusy:
Where was this opportunity when I visited the country last year? I opened threads here asking for means to work without papers. All I faced were continued deletions from the moderators and silence the few minutes the threads were visible.

You visited a country with a visitor visa and you still expected to work? You wanted to convert visitor visa to permanent stay. That's why you didn't find work. You didn't just have the right visa that will make things easy for you. It's your fault. That's not enough to speak bad of the place.

You guys should know that, you can't travel to another man's country with a visitor visa and expect any one to give you a job. You will be going against the terms and conditions of your visa.

Now, if you must travel out of Nigeria and truly want to work when you get there, don't go with a visitor visa.

And don't make the mistake of using your visitor visa experience to judge those that have papers to stay and who went through a route that allows them to work.

You didn't find it easy because you went with a visitor visa. You're completely out of the equation. Your experience is unfounded.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To The UK by Mcslize: 6:56am On Jan 09
finallybusy:
Keep my comment for mind before traveling out. You go thank me one day.

I would have kept your advice in mind if you had gone to the UK through the right route that allows you to stay and work. But for the fact that, you are judging the whole process from your visitor visa that doesn't allow you to work or stay behind, I won't take your advice to mind.

You are not a permanent resident of the place you went to. You didn't go with the right visa that permits you to stay and work, definitely it will be rough for you. You simply don't have papers. That's one of the important criteria that employers use to give people jobs. They can't be giving jobs to visitors.

So, that's why I said your experience is baseless cuz the condition of your visa didn't permit you to work as a visitor. Thus, it is bad to use that your specific experience to generalize that people are suffering abroad. It's baseless.

Even in my dream country, all employers will always ask you the type of visa you are on before they will even give you a job. It's very important. Your visa type matters. Go through the proper means, if you can't find any job within a year, then your grace get as it be.
Re: My Journey To The UK by Mcslize: 7:22am On Jan 09
gmacnoms:

It’s not a smooth ride, but I have no regrets and have a better standard of life, I eat better and breath better than you whole community, including your state governor.

In less than 8 months, I have achieved so much more that I can’t start typing.

Cheers 🥂 you

Now I am happy for you. Those that will always come with negativity can now know that grace differs.

They always use their bad experience to generalise everyone. And if you check, they are mostly those that have no papers.

And according to yommitte007:

You don't have to post all this to the world sir. I have been in the UK since a long time and the world doesn't know. Be prepared for the roughness. Warehouse jobs and stupid care jobs. Be prepared for 3 months of regret sir. You will wish u hadn't come.

yommitte007 what do you have to say about this testimony? Does that not show you guys that everyone grace differs? And you can't find it easy in another man's country if you don't have papers? The reason some of you are struggling abroad might be because you don't have the right skill sets or papers. If you do, trust me, you won't be here discouraging people using your personal experience that is peculiar to you.

Also, your level of negativity can as well serves as hindrance to your progress. If you're the type that is always full of negativity in your thoughts, those thoughts can influence you to doubt yourself, which will hinder your progress.

In all you do, always stay positive and thrive for the good things of life. Flee from planting spirits of negativity in people's minds. Instead, stay positive at all time.

In your post, you said nobody knows you've been living abroad. That shows you are hiding yourself from people because you don't want them to come over or ask you how you travelled to the UK. Don't allow yourself to be used as the agent of discouragement.

Do well to be positive in all your dealings, and you will find it easy with life. Do well to learn from this gmacnoms testimony. Now, you realise you can't use your experience to judge others. Everyone's destiny and grace differs. And always do the right thing. You can't be living in a place illegally and you expect things to be easy for you.

If you are still hiding from the authority, better come back, and go through the right medium so you can find living abroad easy and peasy. I hope you will take this advice to restructure your negative mindset.

cc: yommitte007

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) / Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) / Danfo Bus That Has TV Inside (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.