Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Meet The First Man To Swim With Both Hands Tied - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meet The First Man To Swim With Both Hands Tied (1506 Views)

I Can't Swim Because Of The Size Of My Manhood / Lady Went To Swim, Share Cleavages After Coming Back From Church. PHOTOS / Nigerian Lady Set To Wed Her Polish Boyfriend: "God Sent This Man To My Life" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The First Man To Swim With Both Hands Tied by kyber(m): 2:33am On May 25, 2023
In 1908, Houdini stood at the edge of the Harvard Bridge—commonly referred to as the Mass. Ave. Bridge—and was shackled by a Boston patrolman. His hands were handcuffed behind his back and chained to a collar around his neck. According to a Boston Globe article chronicling the feat, a signal was tooted from a towboat, and Houdini went overboard into the chilly waters below.

“There is always the possibility that I will be unable to free myself, as one never can tell what will happen to a lock,” Houdini told the newspaper. “However, I am a good swimmer, have confidence in myself, and I hope to perform this feat successfully.”

The Globe estimated some 20,000 spectators gathered to see Houdini’s leap, including the mayors of Boston and Cambridge. They waited 40 seconds for the magician to resurface, which he did with the shackles in his hands.

Re: Meet The First Man To Swim With Both Hands Tied by Absuchat(m): 3:22am On May 25, 2023
shocked
Re: Meet The First Man To Swim With Both Hands Tied by ipobarecriminals: 4:34am On May 25, 2023
Re: Meet The First Man To Swim With Both Hands Tied by brosom(m): 7:16am On May 25, 2023
Origin of Aquaman grin grin
Re: Meet The First Man To Swim With Both Hands Tied by Nahunger(m): 7:38am On May 25, 2023
Lol
What distance?
Re: Meet The First Man To Swim With Both Hands Tied by Generalwoodz(m): 8:33am On May 25, 2023
Who else like me tried nodding his head in strict imagination of how the man swam with his hands tied? 🤚🤚

Kindly check my signature for goodies
Re: Meet The First Man To Swim With Both Hands Tied by davillian(m): 9:33am On May 25, 2023
One can swim with the back if the hands are tied....
Re: Meet The First Man To Swim With Both Hands Tied by FriendsAndFans(m): 9:39am On May 25, 2023
i have swam lagos lagoon with my leg and arms tied.
i went back and forth sef.. this one is small now angry
Re: Meet The First Man To Swim With Both Hands Tied by Gadafii: 3:30pm On May 25, 2023
Where is his diiick
Re: Meet The First Man To Swim With Both Hands Tied by RoadMozart(m): 3:50pm On May 25, 2023
Last time I tried this, didn't last 2 minutes before I was attacked with muscle strain. I will retry someday sha
Re: Meet The First Man To Swim With Both Hands Tied by Kobicove(m): 4:04pm On May 25, 2023
Harry Houdini is possibly the greatest escapologist in history!

(1) (Reply)

Sugar Mummy Brouhaha / Love Hurts : A Lot / Why Do Girls Front?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.