Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation (5134 Views)

My Observation About The Black Community In A European University / Dubai Has Just Built The Largest Observation Wheel In The World. Super Awesome. / Seun And Lalasticala Are Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by BaddestQueen(f): 11:06am On May 25, 2023
OneDollarSalary:

Why do you ignore leodeking a well known tribalist, who subtly insult your tribe here daily?
Do you know that's omenka alt, someone who says he's taking a break.
LeoDeKing is not omenka
I'm 1000% sure of that
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Unperturbedpota: 11:11am On May 25, 2023
Enigma1510:
Bro, since last year, na “trending” section i just dey click anytime my phone park for FP😁

I am past waiting for changes on here, I am too broke and ain’t paying Seun for VIP. His forum, his problem.

I go don click or type Nairaland link before I remember the real reason i open any browser.

Na age and loyalty cause am, i for don find better website. But this site don dey with me through it all…😂

But I remember i got self-employed and my first milli through the business section, bought few properties using tips posted on the relevant sections…i just make sure I find whatever it is I want by searching and ignore the distractions look🤫
Anytime life show me shege, I go through the cycle again.

Na only nairaland no dey make me overthink abeg!!! I hate checking threads wey no go help my brokeness or get me productive!!!

About to pause my plans for my next investment and for the first time, wanna swallow my ego and open up to the 1% that wouldn’t ignore on here about needing an environment to challenge myself and heal my anxiety.
So my Bro, always find positivity in every situation…

Are you sure you are alright sir?
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by OneDollarSalary(m): 11:14am On May 25, 2023
BaddestQueen:
LeoDeKing is not omenka
I'm 1000% sure of that
What about the insult and the hatred in the guy. Why not disturb him, you don't follow him, you just ignore him to have a field day.

That's omenka 💯%
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by BaddestQueen(f): 11:15am On May 25, 2023
OneDollarSalary:

What about the insult and the hatred in the guy. Why not disturb him, you don't follow him, you just ignore him to have a field day.

That's omenka 💯%
I'm following LeoDeKing
I'm just laying ambush on him
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Unperturbedpota: 11:22am On May 25, 2023
Sebastine1994:
Oga seun this your new super mod who replaced lalastica is not doing a very good job with the front page.

First of all only 70 topic make it to front page before, but now they push anything to front page. Only yesterday alone 250 topic made it to front page. Which is a little too much and gives people little time to readjust before commenting on the new topic.

I think your last moderator guages the mood before pushing anything to front page, these replacement just want to meet a quota . You need a little study in human psychology to know when and what to push to front page.

Front page grabbing is no longer fun like before, there was a time when people scrambled to be first to comment. Watch how people are slowly losing interest in FTC. Because of the over supply, FTC comes with an adrenaline rush but not anymore,

My point is that your new moderators should learn to space news right and read the mood before posting anything, this is not Facebook news or Linda ikeji, this is Nairaland, we can get our news anywhere, but the fun is that Nairaland makes the news special

Even in the midnight they keep posting news, for who to comment?, Previously once it is 10pmoclock nothing comes to front page, but now this guy just post news even 3amoclock. 7am in the morning no update, then once it's 8:20 am he would start bombarding us with news.

By the way you didn't formally announce that lalastica is no longer a super mod, I understand no body is indespensible, my pain is that you did not let lala train his replacement before time.

I hope you do something about it. Supermod are not spirits, they should be formally introduced to the people, let's know they are flesh and blood like us and not some AI.

Good post , a good read too and we all miss Lalasticlala too

However I think the problem lies elsewhere. People are engaging on less and less on this forum.

Nairaland just isn't what it was anymore and to deny this as much as we want or to ban and delete every post that point sout this undeniable fact still will not change this fact

The generation like mine who grew up loving Nairaland have grown up become parents have bills to pay and have less time for Nairaland anymore.

The new generation who came afterwards don't care for this style of website.
This was why I opened a thread advising seun to redesign this website and guess what? I was banned 24 hrs for that .
This is why brands like Lego and coca cola had to rebrand every new generation.

Seun is either living in denial or has surrounded himself with yes-men (no gender disrespect meant )
Who don't tell him the truth and just agree to everything. To think Nairaland isn't loosing traffic or to think it isn't dying is a bold faced lie.

Data doesn't lie , this site has been dropping in ranking, that isn't a coincidence.
What I expected seun to do was to hire tech people and a business strategist to see how they can improve theUX and revamp the entire website.

But it seems in his world seun thinks brands like coca cola IBM Microsoft et al who didn't rely on the fact they where huge and had to rebrand are foolish. 🤣

Bro tastes have shifted the market for Nairaland has shifted my generation the mrcork lestat ishilove hungerbad etc who all grew with Nairaland and are legacy members are all too busy to spend much time here again with kids growing up and all that.

Now his new market seun doesn't seem to understand this is why they don't stay long here and his ranking is dropping like lead weights .

Until he rebrands nothing will change. He has to redesign this website to appeal tó his new market or dot back and watch this website fade into oblivion like other brands who refused to rebrand etc 2go

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Unperturbedpota: 11:25am On May 25, 2023
Astra101:

So because he's from rivers state he is now igbo This is what I found so funny about igbo people

Don't derail this thread with your stupidity
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Unperturbedpota: 11:26am On May 25, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Oga.......
Lalasticlala.........is the same guy as the new guy.........

Seun himself has confirmed that.........

This is false , speak what you know
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Unperturbedpota: 11:27am On May 25, 2023
Moh247:

Seun follows me on Twitter... If I want to sweet talk him I have direct access to his DM

I am only living a feed back based on observation

Something you can't understand

Come on you are better than this. Jeez.

You are funny sometimes
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Unperturbedpota: 11:28am On May 25, 2023
BaddestQueen:
LeoDeKing is not omenka
I'm 1000% sure of that

LeoDeKing is Omenka

One and the same
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Unperturbedpota: 11:28am On May 25, 2023
OneDollarSalary:

That's omenka 💯%

LeoDeKing and Omenka are one and the same
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Sebastine1994(m): 11:34am On May 25, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

However I think the problem lies elsewhere. People are engaging on less and less on this forum.

Nairaland just isn't what it was anymore and to deny this as much as we want or to ban and delete every post that point sout this undeniable fact still will not change this fact

The generation like mine who grew up loving Nairaland have grown up become parents have bills to pay and have less time for Nairaland anymore.

This was why I opened a thread advising seun to redesign this website and guess what? I was banned 24 hrs for that .

Seun is either living in denial or has surrounded himself with yes-men (no gender disrespect meant )
Who don't tell him the truth and just agree to everything. To think Nairaland isn't loosing traffic or to think it isn't dying is a bold faced lie.

Data doesn't lie , this site has been dropping in ranking, that isn't a coincidence.
What I expected seun to do was to hire tech people and a business strategist to see how they can improve theUX and revamp the entire website.

But it seems in his world seun thinks brands like coca cola IBM Microsoft et al who didn't rely on the fact they where huge and had to rebrand are foolish. 🤣

Bro tastes have shifted the market for Nairaland has shifted my generation the mrcork lestat ishilove hungerbad etc who all grew with Nairaland and are legacy members are all too busy to spend much time here again with kids growing up and all that.

Now his new market seun doesn't seem to understand this is why they don't stay long here and his ranking is dropping like lead weights .

Until he rebrands nothing will change. He has to redesign this website to appeal tó his new market

All these are facts.
My problem is losing my data on this site if it goes bottom up.

It seems all these are facing challenges from TikTok. Quora and other sites are facing similar challenges.

Only reddit has it's head above water, there is something they are doing right. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Quora lost a lot of good writers. They hide answers behind paywall. Their paywall idea has not worked.
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Unperturbedpota: 11:38am On May 25, 2023
Sebastine1994:

All these are facts.
My problem is losing my data on this site if it goes bottom up.

It seems all these are facing challenges from TikTok. Quora and other sites are facing similar challenges.

Only reddit has it's head above water, there is something they are doing right. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Quora lost a lot of good writers. They hide answers behind paywall. Their paywall idea has not worked.

Again you butressed my conviction brilliantly. Reddit Quora etc are all platforms used mainly by the generation of early Nairalanders. These sites are also facing the same thing. Because they don't appeal to the new generation who have time.

Okay look at hip-hop and how it has evolved. Remember back in the days my generation called rap Tupac shakur , notorious big, ice cube, rakhim, naughty by nature etc

Today's generation call rap takashi six9, Kodak black, chief keef and other garbage. But if hip hop didn't evolve then today hipbop would be dead.

It's either seun evolves Nairaland or watches it die.

Same way BBM 2go etc died because they refused to evolve like seun is doing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Sebastine1994(m): 11:45am On May 25, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Again you butressed my conviction brilliantly. Reddit Quora etc are all platforms used mainly by the generation of early Nairalanders. These sites are also facing the same thing. Because they don't appeal to the new generation who have time.

Okay look at hip-hop and how it has evolved. Remember back in the days my generation called rap Tupac shakur , notorious big, ice cube, rakhim, naughty by nature etc

Today's generation call rap takashi six9, Kodak black, chief keef and other garbage. But if hip hop didn't evolve then today hipbop would be dead.

It's either seun evolves Nairaland or watches it die.

Same way BBM 2go etc died because they refused to evolve like seun is doing

Seuns claims that people hate change that's why he doesn't want to change it. He mentioned websites that went extinct when they changed their UX
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by brain54(m): 11:58am On May 25, 2023
Sebastine1994:

Benki003

The supermod is more interested in the romance section. Politics section requires fact checking, that is why they are lazy to post from that section,

I have come to understand…

That change is very hard for some people to adapt to and accept.

Lala has moved on. You better do same.

Allow the new mod do his work.

Stop looking for holes… you will definitely find them if you concentrate on that.

Lala and the new guy both bear different names and as such you can’t expect them to act or do things the same way.

No person is indispensable… adapt to change.

It will never adapt to you!

2 Likes

Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Unperturbedpota: 12:03pm On May 25, 2023
Sebastine1994:

Seuns claims that people hate change that's why he doesn't want to change it. He mentioned websites that went extinct when they changed their UX

It is unfortunate indeed what he is allowing happen to Nairaland.

Anyways so many websites have come and gone under so this won't be an exception.

I remember the days of yahoo messenger , msn social page , when hifive was everything and when Skype was the thing...

I guess the end is inevitable, unless he wakes up and changes everything immediately.

1 Like

Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Enigma1510(m): 12:06pm On May 25, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Are you sure you are alright sir?

Sir? E jo ooo

Lol…am just a little over 30years Bro but my experiences just pass my age ni…We’ll be alright🙂
Thanks for asking Boss.
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by saintkeppy(m): 12:10pm On May 25, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Until he rebrands nothing will change. He has to redesign this website to appeal tó his new market or dot back and watch this website fade into oblivion like other brands who refused to rebrand etc 2go

Exactly my thoughts, when I had to mention Seun personally to re-brand this Great forum to look more appealing, I really missed Nairaland of Old as guest using Java phone then, before i decided to be a member/User.
Travel, Education, Politics, Sports sections my favorite.

Good Topics bordering on our daily lives, issue-based topics, mature comments, experience shared, problem-solving responses, debates, useful links, etc.

Today Nairaland is full of tribal comments, hatred here&there, nudes topics, more useful /interesting topics lying idle in different sections without gracing front page.

Irrespective of whats going on in Nairaland, I am one Nigerian who is proud of this Great Forum, I have learnt a lot here.

God Bless Seun.

1 Like

Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Maysdevices(f): 12:14pm On May 25, 2023
Sebastine1994:

I hate to brag

We spoke recently, he told me himself, everything, I wouldn't say more than I should, even before the everything happened.

I just believe nobody is indespensible
Brag?

Lol
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Unperturbedpota: 12:22pm On May 25, 2023
saintkeppy:

Exactly my thoughts, when I had to mention Seun personally to re-brand this Great forum to look more appealing, I really missed Nairaland of Old as guest using Java phone then, before i decided to be a member/User.
Travel, Education, Politics, Sports sections my favorite.

Good Topics bordering on our daily lives, issue-based topics, mature comments, experience shared, problem-solving responses, debates, useful links, etc.

Today Nairaland is full of tribal comments, hatred here&there, nudes topics, more useful /interesting topics lying idle in different sections without gracing front page.

Irrespective of whats going on in Nairaland, I am one Nigerian who is proud of this Great Forum, I have learnt a lot here.

God Bless Seun.

Indeed he remains blessed because he created a platform where we all shared our youth on 😝
I remember trolling mrcork back then , I remember lestat and his violent abusive comments 🤣 I remember ishilove dairy ... Oh the days.
Nostalgia aside he didn't prepare for the future. Companies call it future proofing your product or service.

The era of java phones has ended , we who started Nairaland have all grown up and so has our tastes, but unfortunately Nairaland didn't grow with us it remained stagnant.

This is why companies always appoint a CEO the founder though well intentioned usually suffers from tunnel vision, as seen in the case of Nairaland.

When this website ends (if things don't change ) I am sure it would be studied in business schools around the world as a case study of what not to do as a business founder .

2 Likes

Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by saintkeppy(m): 12:34pm On May 25, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Indeed he remains blessed because he created a platform where we all shared our youth on 😝
I remember trolling mrcork back then , I remember lestat and his violent abusive comments 🤣 I remember ishilove dairy ... Oh the days.
Nostalgia aside he didn't prepare for the future. Companies call it future proofing your product or service.

The era of java phones has ended , we who started Nairaland have all grown up and so has our tastes, but unfortunately Nairaland didn't grow with us it remained stagnant.

This is why companies always appoint a CEO the founder though well intentioned usually suffers from tunnel vision, as seen in the case of Nairaland.

When this website ends (if things don't change ) I am sure it would be studied in business schools around the world as a case study of what not to do as a business founder .

Lol, but true @the bolden.
God will make a way for Nairaland to improve using Seun, the Owner.

1 Like

Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Unperturbedpota: 12:42pm On May 25, 2023
saintkeppy:

Lol, but true @the bolden.
God will make a way for Nairaland to improve using Seun, the Owner.

My dear bro that again is where you are wrong. Seun cannot change anything.

Okay let me explain bluntly. As long as seun stays in charge of Nairaland it will surely end ,it's not a matter of if but when .

Why you say? Because he is the problem (respectfully) it's simply a case of why companies despite the founder being alive always employ a CEO to over see things. It's simply either being the lowest in an excellent team or being the top in a mediocre team. It's obvious which is seun.

You see to put it into perspective, Nairaland cannot grow beyond the vision of seun , despite his best intentions he has become a liability to Nairaland's growth
He will only see things from his perspective not if it's for the good of the website , because he is the founder , CEO and the board of directors all in one. So basically only what he likes is what gets implemented.

Goldman Sachs can Write an award winning 10 year growth plan for seun and if one word used offended him he will throw the plan away. This is why Nairaland is dying .

Haven't you noticed he even out lawed criticizing the mods ? Thats when I knew this website had an expiry date.

You see founders have never made great CEOs , go and check history. The limit to their vision represents the limit to the growth of the company.

For Nairaland to grow seun must step aside and a new generation CEO appointed then watch Nairaland start to recover. Otherwise just sit back and watch the decline as sad as it is to see.

Threads like this seun avoids because he just doesn't take criticism very well . No matter how good natured.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by respect80(m): 1:01pm On May 25, 2023
Mynd44 is a very biased mod in this forum
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by brain54(m): 1:13pm On May 25, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

My dear bro that again is where you are wrong. Seun cannot change anything.

Okay let me explain bluntly. As long as seun stays in charge of Nairaland it will surely end ,it's not a matter of if but when .

Why you and ? Because he is the problem (respectfully) it's simply a case of why companies despite the founder being alive always employ a CEO to over see things. It's simply either being the lowest in an excellent team or being the top in a mediocre team. It's obvious which is seun.

You see to put it into perspective, Nairaland cannot grow beyond the vision of seun , despite his best intentions he has become a liability to Nairaland's growth
He will only see things from his perspective not if it's for the good of the website , because he is the founder , CEO and the board of directors all in one. So basically only what he likes is what gets implemented.

Goldman Sachs can Writw an award winning 10 growth plan for seun and if one one used offended him he will throw the plan away. This is why Nairaland is dying .

Haven't you joced he even out lawed criticizing the mods ? Thats when I knew this website had an expiry date.

You see founders have never made great CEOs , go and check history. The limit to their vision represents the limit to the growth of the company.

For Nairaland to grow seun must step aside and a new generation CEO appointed then watch Nairaland start to recover. Otherwise just sit back and watch the decline as sad as it is to see.

Threads like this seun avoids beca6he just doendt take criticism very well . No matter how good natured.
You sound like a doomsday prophet…

… you cry more than the bereaved.

Create your own site. Put all your ideas to practice there.

Everybody thinks they know it all… until they are put in a small position to manage something.

Then they find out what it’s like!

1 Like

Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Felabrity: 1:20pm On May 25, 2023
Hmm
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by dessz(m): 1:29pm On May 25, 2023
brain54:

Everybody thinks they know it all… until they are put in a small position to manage something.

What he said is actually true though. Founders don't make good ceos.
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by sisisioge: 1:41pm On May 25, 2023
Wait fest, if indeed Lala has left, the new guy didnt do himself a favour with the moniker he chose. It is not easy to memorize like Lala's. Same way naija artists create lyrics even children could sing along, he should have created an easy to memorize sobriquet.

Meanwhile, everyone has a different style. So long as he's meeting his targets, let him be.
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by brain54(m): 1:57pm On May 25, 2023
dessz:

What he said is actually true though. Founders don't make good ceos.
Always an exception to rules…

I can give you list of founders that make excellent CEOs.

I can also give you list of companies that did things the ‘right’ way and still went under.

Nokia comes to mind in this regard!
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Unperturbedpota: 2:16pm On May 25, 2023
brain54:

I was talking to intellectuals not your type.

Pls do yourself a favour and never quote me again. I do not relate with thugs and school dropouts.

Bye
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by brain54(m): 2:21pm On May 25, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

I was talking to intellectuals not your type.

Pls do yourself a favour and never quote me again. I do not relate with thugs and school dropouts.

Bye
lol at intellectual…

If I quote you then what will happen?

That’s right… because you have no answer to the issues I raised. You can run away and hide under your bed.

Intellectual my behind!
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Unperturbedpota: 2:23pm On May 25, 2023
brain54:

lol at intellectual…

If I quote you then what will happen?

That’s right… because you have no answer to the issues I raised. You can run away and hide under the bed.

Intellectual my behind!

I didn't read your comment, but I have noticed you on this forum, hence once I saw your username Issued you the warning.

Let me reiterate, I do not relate with touts on this forum stay off my username, I know your antecedents on this forum, harass me again and I will report you.

I respectfully state again, I want nothing to do with you. I don't want to have any discussion with your type.

Bye
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by brain54(m): 2:28pm On May 25, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

I didn't read your comment, but I have noticed you on this forum, hence once I saw your username Issued you the warning.

Let me reiterate, I do not relate with touts on this forum stay off my username, I know your antecedents on this forum, harass me again and I will report you.

I respectfully state again, I want nothing to do with you. I don't want to have any discussion with your type.

Bye

That’s right…

You need to run when you see me coming.

You can Go under your bed now!
Re: Since Lalasticala Left, My Observation by Unperturbedpota: 2:32pm On May 25, 2023
brain54:

That’s right…

You need to run when you see me coming.

You can Go under your bed now!

Seun mynd44 nlfpmod Lalasticlala Dominique Obinoscopy

This individual is constantly harassing despite me pleading with him not to bother me again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Federal University Of Petroleum Resources Result. / Join Me In Celebrating My First Class Degree / The Best WAEC Result For 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.