Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Does This Make Me A Polygamist - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does This Make Me A Polygamist (17231 Views)

Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? / Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person / Does This Make Me A Bad Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by Ara21(f): 4:55pm On May 25, 2023
Not at all, no woman will want to come spend holiday with her child in a house were the baby daddy is already married and living with his wife, and please take good care of that Child even if you are not marrying the mother.

4 Likes

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by Jh0wsef(m): 4:55pm On May 25, 2023
Lols
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by yemmit90: 4:57pm On May 25, 2023
CoolNL:
I and my siblings grew up in a very dramatic polygamous home, it was both hectic and toxic at a time.

We vowed to break the yoke of polygamy in our family but I don’t know if I’m toeing the line already.

I already have a child with a lady though I didn’t marry her, but we ended our relationship in 2020. We are cool and we are both taking care of our child without troubles, we only talk about our child and we don’t share what’s going on in our lives with each other.

I recently met a girl I plan to marry by the first quarter of next year, she is from a nuclear family and she knows about my family background as well. She’s been asking me what I’ll do if the mother of my child says she won’t allow my child visits or come spend the holidays with me except she is also allowed to come spend the holiday with my child in my house.

The question sounds confusing at the same time funny to me because I don’t know how a woman I stopped seeing since 3 yrs will suddenly say she won’t allow my child visit except she comes along.

That’s not my worry, I want to know if marrying my girlfriend when I already have a child with another woman will make me a polygamist.

Mod please help move to front page

Cc RoyalRoy

If the mother of your son has 70% of what you wanted in a women, I will advise you to marry her. Your new girl is very smart, she ask you very important question. Those who are not on speaking term do get together in future and continue where they stop, let alone the one you are constantly communicating with. Never trust your ability or what you can do in future, you may end up in Polygamy setting without knowing.

Alternatively, you can collect your son now and allow him to stay with you. By this method, there won't be need to have a constant communication with her anymore. One thing is certain, a responsible baby dad will most likely win the heart of his baba mama even without his consent, especially if you are comfortable and she doesn't have peaceful home at other side.

1 Like

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by AngelicBeing: 4:58pm On May 25, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
sad Family tree
Gbamsulotely, Family Tree, and Family seed of Polygamy already in place, planted by his Nuclear Familytree and might likely follow all of them except the yoke is broken wink
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by ADAHE01: 4:59pm On May 25, 2023
Bros,if you want to abolish your family polygamy, settled with your baby mama
CoolNL:

I didn’t marry the first woman na, is that polygamy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by Watcharena: 5:01pm On May 25, 2023
CoolNL:

She is obviously seeing another person already, I don’t want to get back with her even if she is not seeing anyone. As for my babe making life difficult for my son.. I don’t think that will happen
you are entitled to your thought but that is far away from reality , she will make life difficult for him that is fact , for her the baby is not part of the family , know this and know piece , you already have two family if you marry another woman
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by komzy589(m): 5:02pm On May 25, 2023
jackmrandy:

you have a child already with another woman. tell us the full story that led to you not marrying her, and now you want to marry another woman. the fact that you have double dated already shows you are what you are asking already. can't you see it. go and make amend with your baby mama and leave single girls alone. or still go look for another single mother and marrry. case close. who knows if you will still turn this young one now into another single mother.

its time the society awake from all this none sense of turning ladies into single mothers.
Nothing comes from nothing.
Most single mothers are the architects of their problems. This is why we urge ladies to be careful because they are the ones that stand to lose the most.
No man is willing to tie themselves down because of anybody.

Why do you think courts always grant women the benefit of doubts in a divorcé case!

2 Likes

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by ADAHE01: 5:05pm On May 25, 2023
Bros,if you want to abolish your family polygamy, settled with your baby mama.
Best regards.

CoolNL:
I and my siblings grew up in a very dramatic polygamous home, it was both hectic and toxic at a time.

We vowed to break the yoke of polygamy in our family but I don’t know if I’m toeing the line already.

I already have a child with a lady though I didn’t marry her, but we ended our relationship in 2020. We are cool and we are both taking care of our child without troubles, we only talk about our child and we don’t share what’s going on in our lives with each other.

I recently met a girl I plan to marry by the first quarter of next year, she is from a nuclear family and she knows about my family background as well. She’s been asking me what I’ll do if the mother of my child says she won’t allow my child visits or come spend the holidays with me except she is also allowed to come spend the holiday with my child in my house.

The question sounds confusing at the same time funny to me because I don’t know how a woman I stopped seeing since 3 yrs will suddenly say she won’t allow my child visit except she comes along.

That’s not my worry, I want to know if marrying my girlfriend when I already have a child with another woman will make me a polygamist.

Cc RoyalRoy
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by Domi100: 5:07pm On May 25, 2023
smiley

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by ppogba: 5:12pm On May 25, 2023
You talked about" breaking the yoke". I am.glad you know there is a yoke.

My brother, forget about the polygamist nomenclature. The truth is, yokes always re- appear and tend to continue in one way or another.

Time will not permit me but just one example. A friend of my had a father who had children from three women. Inspiite of all efforts by my friend, he presently has the third woman at home bearing him children.

2 Likes

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by Ambber(f): 5:14pm On May 25, 2023
CoolNL:

Cc RoyalRoy
Have you heard of Okafor's law? This may be the genuine concern of your girlfriend so that co-parenting won't lead to stories that touch later. I don't think she will have any problem with your child.

2 Likes

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by chiboycue: 5:17pm On May 25, 2023
CoolNL:

Cc RoyalRoy

If you go ahead and marry your babe and she starts having children for you, they would refer to your first son as their half sibling and your first son would refer to them as his half siblings. You wife would refer to your first son as her step son and your first son would refer to her as his step mother. The yolks of half siblings and step- parents may persist in your descendants.

But if you marry the mother of your son and work towards ensuring that your marriage works with prayers, then you have broken the yolk of polygamy in your descendants.

2 Likes

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by 1Sharon(f): 5:18pm On May 25, 2023
Women, stay away from single fathers.

Op, what made you not marry your child's mother?

3 Likes

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by CoolNL: 5:25pm On May 25, 2023
jackmrandy:

you have a child already with another woman. tell us the full story that led to you not marrying her, and now you want to marry another woman. the fact that you have double dated already shows you are what you are asking already. can't you see it. go and make amend with your baby mama and leave single girls alone. or still go look for another single mother and marrry. case close. who knows if you will still turn this young one now into another single mother.

its time the society awake from all this none sense of turning ladies into single mothers.

Lol I literally laughed out loud. Who you be wey i wan tell the full story
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by Moh247: 5:26pm On May 25, 2023
Except she uses Jazz on you... You are determined not to be a polygamist you won't fall

1 Like

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by obinna58(m): 5:27pm On May 25, 2023
westlius:
Every baby mama get angry when the father of there child get married to another woman
It’s called gameover grin

Op no go understand, when it’s gameover reality comes into play
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by CoolNL: 5:31pm On May 25, 2023
Ara21:
Not at all, no woman will want to come spend holiday with her child in a house were the baby daddy is already married and living with his wife, and please take good care of that Child even if you are not marrying the mother.

Thank you, he is my priority already
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by CoolNL: 5:32pm On May 25, 2023
1Sharon:
Women, stay away from single fathers.

Op, what made you not marry your child's mother?

So who single fathers go marry?
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by 1Sharon(f): 5:33pm On May 25, 2023
CoolNL:

So who single fathers go marry?

Single mothers.

Why didn't you marry your baby mother?

2 Likes

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by CoolNL: 5:36pm On May 25, 2023
Okealaaye:
You are the kind of person the Yoruba call Olojukokoro! You're so selfish that you failed to factor the future of your son into your happiness. There are girls who will not under any circumstance marry a guy from a "divided" home. How does your son cope with life seeing his classmates with both parents now and again? I advise you go and settle with the mother of your child, because as our people would say, a woman who has even one child for you is no longer a concubine - she's a wife. Your girlfriend seems to be more reasonable than you, because her questions are deep and meaningful.

She said “I’m taking this decision because of our son so accept it”
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by transient123(m): 5:36pm On May 25, 2023
That doesn't make you a polygamist, but a fornicator.

Whether your fornication is still ongoing, it's between you and your fornicating partner in the guise of girlfriend or whatever, then God.
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by maasoap(m): 5:37pm On May 25, 2023
Oxygenmayo:

Whether you marry the first lady or not, you are married already because marriage is more than the coming together of a man and wife to become couples. For as long as there was an issue (a child) between you, you are married. As to whether you'd be a polygamist or not, that's another matter for another day, but your past has put you on the path of polygamy .

What a beautiful nonsense?

1 Like

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by CoolNL: 5:37pm On May 25, 2023
1Sharon:

Single mothers.

Why didn't you marry your baby mother?

Madam why are you so concerned about that. I don’t want to bring what happened between us up here. I respect her as the mother of my son.

Leave am
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by CoolNL: 5:39pm On May 25, 2023
transient123:
That doesn't make you a polygamist, but a fornicator.

Whether your fornication is still ongoing, it's between you and your fornicating partner in the guise of girlfriend or whatever, then God.

I nor go respond to you sha.
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by maasoap(m): 5:40pm On May 25, 2023
ADAHE01:
Bros,if you want to abolish your family polygamy, settled with your baby mama
Even if they have realised that they're not compatible? Lol
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by transient123(m): 5:41pm On May 25, 2023
CoolNL:

I nor go respond to you sha.

I didn't mean to disparage you....truth is just bitter.

2 Likes

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by 1Sharon(f): 5:43pm On May 25, 2023
maasoap:

Even if they have realised that they're not compatible? Lol

Then he shouldn't have had a baby with her.

Will he be happy if his sister was done like that? undecided
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On May 25, 2023
ppogba:
■ You talked about" breaking the yoke". I am.glad you know there is a yoke. My brother, forget about the polygamist nomenclature. The truth is, yokes always re- appear and tend to continue in one way or another. Time will not permit me but just one example. A friend of my had a father who had children from three women. Inspiite of all efforts by my friend, he presently has the third woman at home bearing him children.
So, you really want us to believe that three women unconsciously happened to your friend? Dey there dey feed yourself nonsense dey claim say you get sense in it. undecided
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by ppogba: 5:46pm On May 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, you really want us to believe that three women unconsciously happened to your friend? Dey there dey feed yourself nonsense dey claim say you get sense in it. undecided

Sorry sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Be A Full-time Housewife? / Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? / Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.