Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,794 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Does This Make Me A Polygamist - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does This Make Me A Polygamist (17270 Views)

Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? / Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person / Does This Make Me A Bad Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by frozen70(f): 7:35pm On May 25, 2023
CoolNL:
I and my siblings grew up in a very dramatic polygamous home, it was both hectic and toxic at a time.

We vowed to break the yoke of polygamy in our family but I don’t know if I’m toeing the line already.

I already have a child with a lady though I didn’t marry her, but we ended our relationship in 2020. We are cool and we are both taking care of our child without troubles, we only talk about our child and we don’t share what’s going on in our lives with each other.

I recently met a girl I plan to marry by the first quarter of next year, she is from a nuclear family and she knows about my family background as well. She’s been asking me what I’ll do if the mother of my child says she won’t allow my child visits or come spend the holidays with me except she is also allowed to come spend the holiday with my child in my house.

The question sounds confusing at the same time funny to me because I don’t know how a woman I stopped seeing since 3 yrs will suddenly say she won’t allow my child visit except she comes along.

That’s not my worry, I want to know if marrying my girlfriend when I already have a child with another woman will make me a polygamist.

Mod please help move to front page

Cc RoyalRoy

You are not yet a polygamist

If you marry your current girlfriend and you have a baby mama that both of you are looking after the child who is in her custody, it doesn't make you a baby mama

But you have to protect the interest of this current girl friend while you still relate with your baby mama

You dont need to start telling her things about your current girlfriend, it makes no sense

Likewise you don't tell your current girlfriend deep things about your baby mama

Then you limit discussions about your plans with this baby mama and make your discussion centered on your baby alone

Your baby mama will marry another man and with that, you will be free from her ever coming back to you

So all you need is to assure your current girl friend that nothing of such will happen

But if you loose guard and pregnant your baby mama

This time around she will pack to your house with her children

By then you have become a polygamous man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by NaBanga: 7:48pm On May 25, 2023
Your new girlfriend is someone that will abuse your child when you are not in her presence. Be careful.
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by Exceed15: 8:06pm On May 25, 2023
U r already on that path.
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by waliezi(m): 8:08pm On May 25, 2023
Olarewaju89:
If you marry this your new girlfriend, then you have continue the polygamous from where your family stop.
. Na lie......
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by tiswell(m): 8:46pm On May 25, 2023
1Sharon:

Lol. they got married because they wanted to bear Mrs and they took whoever came along.
Now,you have just exposed their agenda all along.
Shalom!
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by Truvelisback(m): 9:10pm On May 25, 2023
CoolNL:
I and my siblings grew up in a very dramatic polygamous home, it was both hectic and toxic at a time.

We vowed to break the yoke of polygamy in our family but I don’t know if I’m toeing the line already.

I already have a child with a lady though I didn’t marry her, but we ended our relationship in 2020. We are cool and we are both taking care of our child without troubles, we only talk about our child and we don’t share what’s going on in our lives with each other.

I recently met a girl I plan to marry by the first quarter of next year, she is from a nuclear family and she knows about my family background as well. She’s been asking me what I’ll do if the mother of my child says she won’t allow my child visits or come spend the holidays with me except she is also allowed to come spend the holiday with my child in my house.

The question sounds confusing at the same time funny to me because I don’t know how a woman I stopped seeing since 3 yrs will suddenly say she won’t allow my child visit except she comes along.

That’s not my worry, I want to know if marrying my girlfriend when I already have a child with another woman will make me a polygamist.

Mod please help move to front page

Cc RoyalRoy
Polygamy is a choice. If u have children with different women it is still polygamy. Don't let that bother u, anyway.
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by maasoap(m): 9:58pm On May 25, 2023
1Sharon:

Then he shouldn't have had a baby with her.

Will he be happy if his sister was done like that? undecided

Their issue has passed the stage of "if".
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by MrAndre07: 11:17pm On May 25, 2023
1Sharon:

Lol. they got married because they wanted to bear Mrs and they took whoever came along.
You are logical with this statement.
And it further goes to show that some women, unfortunately a large percentage, don't marry for love but for comfort and prospective luxury.
Such wrong reality makes marriages temporary and easily breakable because of the injudiciousness of some women and the erroneous quest for materialism.

Also: Men have the biological, natural, and scientific advantage and the ability to be entangled with more than one woman with ease and comfort and without difficulty.
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by 1Sharon(f): 12:00am On May 26, 2023
tiswell:
Now,you have just exposed their agenda all along.
Shalom!

Lol step fathers do the same. I'm sure you've heard of step fathers sleeping with their step daughters.
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by tiswell(m): 7:47am On May 26, 2023
1Sharon:

Lol step fathers do the same. I'm sure you've heard of step fathers sleeping with their step daughters.
if the step daughter is of age of consent,I guess they are two grown adults.

their body,their business!

Some step mothers also do same with their step sons,so what's the fuss?
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by Ceska(f): 8:58am On May 26, 2023
If you are having children from more than one woman, except in a situation where you lost your spouse, you are a polygamist. I will advice you to make it work with the mother of your son. He is your first son for crying out loud. It may seem smooth for a while , until him and his step siblings mature. The issues that will arise will be more than enough to send you to an early grave.
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by Khayceeofficial(m): 9:00am On May 26, 2023
If you really did grow up in a polygamous home, you'd realise fathering multiple children with different women is only an intentional act to make the children suffer

I'm sorry but you failed yourself and your siblings already. If you really were intentional bout avoiding polygamy, you would have never birthed a child with a woman you sure knew you wouldn't Marry

First step in avoiding polygamy is self control over women. Though very difficult but you can't avoid polygamy without doing this first.

Whatever step you take asides marrying the lady the birthed your first child, drowns you in polygamy and believe me, only children get to suffer that one step you take.

Take this as someone who's currently in that reality. Polygamy is a selfish act. I use those words to remind myself continuously

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by CoolNL: 9:01am On May 26, 2023
Ceska:
If you are having children from more than one woman, except in a situation where you lost your spouse, you are a polygamist. I will advise you to make it work with the mother of your son. He is your first son for crying out loud. It may seem smooth for a while , until him and his step siblings mature. The issues that will arise will be more than enough to send you to an early grave.

I thought polygamy is when you are married to more than 1 wife at a time. I never marry before, I have never taken anybody to the altar of marriage.
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by 1Sharon(f): 9:09am On May 26, 2023
tiswell:
if the step daughter is of age of consent,I guess they are two grown adults.

their body,their business!

Some step mothers also do same with their step sons,so what's the fuss?

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by CoolNL: 9:11am On May 26, 2023
Khayceeofficial:
If you really did grow up in a polygamous home, you'd realise fathering multiple children with different women is only an intentional act to make the children suffer

I'm sorry but you failed yourself and your siblings already. If you really were intentional bout avoiding polygamy, you would have never birthed a child with a woman you sure knew you wouldn't Marry

First step in avoiding polygamy is self control over women. Though very difficult but you can't avoid polygamy without doing this first.

Whatever step you take asides marrying the lady the birthed your first child, drowns you in polygamy and believe me, only children get to suffer that one step you take.

Take this as someone who's currently in that reality. Polygamy is a selfish act. I use those words to remind myself continuously

Oga make I explain to you small maybe you will modify your comment. We were dating and she got pregnant (not in Nigeria) I begged her that I was not ready for that at that time she insisted she must keep the baby, she even went as far as telling our pastor who told me she is my God’s destined wife, I insisted that God cannot send my destined wife knowing that am not ready. After much persuasion from everyone including my parents I agreed to father the child with her. Everything was cool till 2020 when she said she can’t continue

I begged because I didn’t want to have kids with 2 different women I used everything to beg her but she said she is taking the decision because of my son, she said we will be happier apart

NB: I brought them back to Nigeria and I traveled to another country, I applied for them to join me twice and they were denied visas, I allowed her live freely but she always refused to take my son to visit my family for reasons best known to her.

Make I stop here because the story long well well. I beg the both women dey on NL here and dem dey follow the thread I don’t know their monikers but I know they are here

1 Like

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On May 26, 2023
Khayceeofficial:
If you really did grow up in a polygamous home, you'd realise fathering multiple children with different women is only an intentional act to make the children suffer I'm sorry but you failed yourself and your siblings already. If you really were intentional bout avoiding polygamy, you would have never birthed a child with a woman you sure knew you wouldn't Marry. First step in avoiding polygamy is self control over women. Though very difficult but you can't avoid polygamy without doing this first. Whatever step you take asides marrying the lady the birthed your first child, drowns you in polygamy and believe me, only children get to suffer that one step you take. Take this as someone who's currently in that reality. Polygamy is a selfish act. I use those words to remind myself continuously
😊😊😊😊😊😊
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On May 26, 2023
CoolNL:
I thought polygamy is when you are married to more than 1 wife at a time. I never marry before, I have never taken anybody to the altar of marriage.
After growing up in it, this is still just what you came away with? undecided
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by Khayceeofficial(m): 2:30pm On May 26, 2023
CoolNL:

Oga make I explain to you small maybe you will modify your comment. We were dating and she got pregnant (not in Nigeria) I begged her that I was not ready for that at that time she insisted she must keep the baby, she even went as far as telling our pastor who told me she is my God’s destined wife, I insisted that God cannot send my destined wife knowing that am not ready. After much persuasion from everyone including my parents I agreed to father the child with her. Everything was cool till 2020 when she said she can’t continue

I begged because I didn’t want to have kids with 2 different women I used everything to beg her but she said she is taking the decision because of my son, she said we will be happier apart

NB: I brought them back to Nigeria and I traveled to another country, I applied for them to join me twice and they were denied visas, I allowed her live freely but she always refused to take my son to visit my family for reasons best known to her.

Make I stop here because the story long well well. I beg the both women dey on NL here and dem dey follow the thread I don’t know their monikers but I know they are here

Having a goal to break the yoke of polygamy, getting her pregnant was your first mistake when you were unsure of being ready for it.

Bruh, if there's anything I don't wish even the person I hate the most, it's polygamy. That shit ruined my own family and till today I know my dad could have avoided that shit if only he had that self control over women. Self control that would have been knowing not to get a woman pregnant when he knew very well he didn't wanna go down that lane with her. My dad got a second wife after he had given birth to 8kids (boys n girls) with my mum.

The only definition I find of that is a selfish human cos every little piece of my family that was hanging on then tore apart and really caused chaos.

Unfortunately, you got yourself into a mess already. Saying you haven't married that lady doesn't take away the fact that you both have a child together. That child would never genuinely experience real love from a family. Even when the kids unite, women aren't designed to love anybody asides their own children.

Sorry if you find this offensive but polygamy traumatized me and I'm just warning bout it. Stay blessed

2 Likes

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by CoolNL: 2:35pm On May 26, 2023
Khayceeofficial:

Having a goal to break the yoke of polygamy, getting her pregnant was your first mistake when you were unsure of being ready for it.

Bruh, if there's anything I don't wish even the person I hate the most, it's polygamy. That shit ruined my own family and till today I know my dad could have avoided that shit if only he had that self control over women. Self control that would have been knowing not to get a woman pregnant when he knew very well he didn't wanna go down that lane with her. My dad got a second wife after he had given birth to 8kids (boys n girls) with my mum.

The only definition I find of that is a selfish human cos every little piece of my family that was hanging on then tore apart and really caused chaos.

Unfortunately, you got yourself into a mess already. Saying you haven't married that lady doesn't take away the fact that you both have a child together. That child would never genuinely experience real love from a family. Even when the kids unite, women aren't designed to love anybody asides their own children.

Sorry if you find this offensive but polygamy traumatized me and I'm just warning bout it. Stay blessed

Thanks bro ❤️

1 Like

Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by Kobojunkie: 2:35pm On May 26, 2023
Khayceeofficial:
■ Having a goal to break the yoke of polygamy, getting her pregnant was your first mistake when you were unsure of being ready for it.
Bruh, if there's anything I don't wish even the person I hate the most, it's polygamy. That shit ruined my own family and till today I know my dad could have avoided that shit if only he had that self control over women. Self control that would have been knowing not to get a woman pregnant when he knew very well he didn't wanna go down that lane with her. My dad got a second wife after he had given birth to 8kids (boys n girls) with my mum. The only definition I find of that is a selfish human cos every little piece of my family that was hanging on then tore apart and really caused chaos.
Unfortunately, you got yourself into a mess already. Saying you haven't married that lady doesn't take away the fact that you both have a child together. That child would never genuinely experience real love from a family. Even when the kids unite, women aren't designed to love anybody asides their own children. Sorry if you find this offensive but polygamy traumatized me and I'm just warning bout it. Stay blessed
smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by CoolNL: 2:36pm On May 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
After growing up in it, this is still just what you came away with? undecided

You be goat, Mr know it all… I have been following your comments on NL, you only spew nonsense.
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On May 26, 2023
CoolNL:
■ You be goat, Mr know it all… I have been following your comments on NL, you only spew nonsense.
In addition to gaining little to deep insight/wisdom as far as polygamy after growing up in it, you also spend your time monitoring my life on NL? Congratulations! undecided
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by CoolNL: 2:46pm On May 26, 2023
Thanks to everyone that made sense on this topic and those who spew trash you are not left out thank you.

I have decided I’ll marry my girlfriend irrespective of what you guys think, if na polygamy I nor mind but deep down I know it’s not polygamy because am not marrying two wives at the same time.

If you think it’s polygamy don’t come for my wedding if invited, rice will be enough for those that sees it differently.

My son is fine already he will understand when he’s of age.

Please mod help me close this thread if possible

Cc RoyalRoy
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by CoolNL: 2:48pm On May 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
In addition to gaining little to deep insight/wisdom as far as polygamy after growing up in it, you also spend your time monitoring my life on NL? Congratulations! undecided

You are easily spotted because of the trash you type here
Re: Does This Make Me A Polygamist by CHARLIENESS: 6:48pm On May 26, 2023
Don't be too sure.
She already seem to have an issue with you having a son.
Do all you have to, and protect that son of yours.

CoolNL:

She is obviously seeing another person already, I don’t want to get back with her even if she is not seeing anyone. As for my babe making life difficult for my son.. I don’t think that will happen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Help My Brother Is Missing. / Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? / Can You Be A Full-time Housewife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.