Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families (30719 Views)

Foreign Students: UK Varsities May Fall Into Deficit, Says Report / 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities / Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by jimcaddy(m): 12:21am On May 27, 2023
I don't blame the UK na, na Nigeria I blame. Now thrybhe admitted that we contribute to their revenue because no UK citizen will pay the kind of amount a Nigerian will pay as school fees. He doesn't even believe that he should be paying school fees sef. Many of them na scholarship they always dey find. Nigeria is messed up honestly and it's sad. We spoilt our own things, now everyone is running away. Who do we leave the problem for? The whites won't come down here to fix our country for us. They see us as client. I don't even like having this discussion because it pisses me off.

1 Like

Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by vickydevoka(m): 4:21am On May 27, 2023
denzel231:
I no know wetin dey that UK ...make una go other places...
Uk is very easy to enter , that’s y
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by vickydevoka(m): 4:22am On May 27, 2023
4ward4:
UK is broke and needs all the money it can get off Foreign Students. Also the high influx will translate to a cheaper labour in the market. Sooner than later , jobs will be priced to the lowest minimum.
Exactly
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by vickydevoka(m): 4:33am On May 27, 2023
RaptorX:
People spending thousands of pounds on rubbish courses you can do in Nigeria cheaply just to brag I am studying in the UK. Oyinbos are big time scammers, they make your yahoo boys look like amateurs.
Imagine someone studying peace and conflict management or early childhood and youth studies

1 Like

Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by emmaodet: 5:30am On May 27, 2023
RaptorX:
People spending thousands of pounds on rubbish courses you can do in Nigeria cheaply just to brag I am studying in the UK. Oyinbos are big time scammers, they make your yahoo boys look like amateurs.

grin grin
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by emmaodet: 5:39am On May 27, 2023
vickydevoka:

Imagine someone studying peace and conflict management or early childhood and youth studies

grin grin grin
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by denzel231: 5:47am On May 27, 2023
vickydevoka:

Uk is very easy to enter , that’s y
everybody dn go UK finish
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by clockwisereport: 7:06am On May 27, 2023
drlateef:

I can share with you the jobs available at Job Centre in my area. Most of them are low skilled jobs. The natives don’t just want to work. They want to claim benefits and watch football and travel about in Europe with it.

How much is this benefit?
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by clockwisereport: 7:08am On May 27, 2023
vickydevoka:

One dey study interior decoration

1 Like

Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by drlateef: 7:16am On May 27, 2023
clockwisereport:

The more lies they tell the more money they college. They will claim mental health issues, chronic back pain etc. Illnesses that are difficult to assess.
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by drlateef: 7:17am On May 27, 2023
clockwisereport:

The more lies they tell the more money they collect. They will claim mental health issues, chronic back pain etc. Illnesses that are difficult to assess. And ill-health brings more money
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by clockwisereport: 7:18am On May 27, 2023
drlateef:

The more lies they tell the more money they collect. They will claim mental health issues, chronic back pain etc. Illnesses that are difficult to assess. And ill-health brings more money

Can't a doctor confirm this before the payment is made?
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by JBArokonkwo1(m): 7:36am On May 27, 2023
NwaliE01:

Bros, you think if it happened in UK, it can't happen in Nigeria. Please, don't blame me for your little mind.
Close your mouth if you see/hear something higher than your intellect.

If you call this intellect,then you must be living in a fools paradise.....

No wonder Tinubu is now your president.....
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by DaddyJapan(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2023
BeauBragnar11:

Don't be clever by half.
Why emphasize on 2022 alone?

Your attachment is an analysis spanning btw 2019-2022. Can't you see it clearly Nigeria comes a distant second to India??

Just admit your blanket statement was wrong. grin

1 Like

Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by Nikolborssa: 9:12am On May 27, 2023
Are You Struggling with Academic Papers? Look No Further! PaperTyper Offers the Perfect Solution For Paper Writer papertyper Needs Our advanced AI-powered platform allows users to generate high-quality essays instantly; whether that be students needing assistance with academic essays or professionals looking for quick content creation services - PaperTyper.AI Can Deliver! Experience automated paper writing's convenience while unleashing your full potential with this innovative tool!
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by NwaliE01: 9:17am On May 27, 2023
JBArokonkwo1:

If you call this intellect,then you must be living in a fools paradise.....

No wonder Tinubu is now your president.....

Tinubu is not my president 😒 i think he's yours.
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by vickydevoka(m): 10:34am On May 27, 2023
denzel231:
everybody dn go UK finish
Nigerian population is more than 200million and people way the uk no pass 200k. Omo hold up chok Lagos abeg
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by denzel231: 10:43am On May 27, 2023
vickydevoka:

Nigerian population is more than 200million and people way the uk no pass 200k. Omo hold up chok Lagos abeg
u sure say e no pass 200k
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by vickydevoka(m): 12:00pm On May 27, 2023
denzel231:
u sure say e no pass 200k
I mean since way japa start 2020
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by drlateef: 12:46pm On May 27, 2023
clockwisereport:

Can't a doctor confirm this before the payment is made?

There is very comprehensive medical examination system. But despite that some of them scale through, some of them are denied. They appeal, even report the doctor to regulator etc. because they are denied the ill health certificate. Some of them were caught running marathon on CCTV and claiming health benefits. 😂😂

2 Likes

Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by denzel231: 1:42pm On May 27, 2023
vickydevoka:

I mean since way japa start 2020
oookay . No really like UK sha
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by clockwisereport: 2:35pm On May 27, 2023
drlateef:

There is very comprehensive medical examination system. But despite that some of them scale through, some of them are denied. They appeal, even report the doctor to regulator etc. because they are denied the ill health certificate. Some of them were caught running marathon on CCTV and claiming health benefits. 😂😂

Yahoo citizens grin
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by Gemma11: 9:34pm On May 27, 2023
Etranshub:
majority of prospective students from Nigeria are approaching 40 and wants to travel with their family. This is exactly why they will look at other countries.... The arrangement use to be a win win for both parties, if the UK decided to change it overnight, i ttust my people to look elsewhere.

Btw it is those (atleast a large number of them) who are approaching 40 that can afford this study route because atleast one (if not both) of the couples must have been working for years and must have saved some reasonable amout of money

There are lots of young promising brilliant Nigerian students in the UK studying valuable courses like Cyber Security, Data, Software engineering and finance etc. These students are aged 20-30, come solo and are serious about studying. These are the people the UK want to encourage.

Not the ones who wake up at 40, after marriage and kids, sell all their possessions and decide they want to do MSc in Flower arranging or Social SCiences and want to pack all of their family to the UK. Yes those types should go elsewhere as the UK only wants serious students who will be a credit to the institution they attend and not the ones who will drop out after a term to switch their Tier 4 visas.
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by Gemma11: 9:38pm On May 27, 2023
lymelyte:
Till date,I don't know why I am not fascinated by UK.. undecided

That's ok. You should be fascinated with your own country, Nigeria.
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by oxiide22(m): 12:51am On Jun 19, 2023
wealthyvic1:
I wonder why Nigerians are spending huge amount going to the UK.
There is nothing special about the UK
I earn foreign currency right here in Nigeria.
Good evening sir
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by ahzNigeria: 11:49am On Aug 04, 2023
Study postgraduate courses in the UK, get FREE counselling and FULL support here: https://ahzassociates.co.uk
Re: UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families by ahzNigeria: 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
If you want to study in the UK or you find it difficult securing admission into UK universities, get FREE counselling and full support here: https://ahzassociates.co.uk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Federal University Wukari Closes Down Indefinitely (Photos, Video) / Debo Adedayo, Expelled Redeemer’s University Student: "VC Angry Over Award" / Olasunkanmi Arowolo, LASU Lecturer Introduces Edmodo, Mobile Classroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.