Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Yui's Rich Text Editor - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Yui's Rich Text Editor (925 Views)

Text Editor For Windows / New: Get Paid As An Editor And Post Author In This New Blog. / Which Text Editor Do You Use. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yui's Rich Text Editor by my2cents(m): 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2007
A previous poster had asked about the existence of a free Rich Text Editor. I just found out that YUI has one (in beta currently): http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/editor/index.html

In general, if you don't use YUI, prototype, scriptaculous, dojo, openrico, etc (there might be others that I don't know about grin) you should. They are good because:

1) There is no need to reinvent the wheel

2) They are popular and used by a lot of companies, including CNN.

3) For the most part, they are cross-browser (they took care of all the conditionals you would have had to take care of yourself)

4) They are all geared towards providing the user with a Rich Internet Application interface which is what many have been yearning for, for years.

Enjoy!

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Really The First Bank In Nigeria?first Bank? Uba? Intercontinental? Or / Web Design Proposals Needed Urgently / Are You Participating In The Firefox Download Day 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.