Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Patricia Hacked? Withdrawal Paused - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Patricia Hacked? Withdrawal Paused (891 Views)

Crypto Exchange Patricia Launches Patricia Token / Instant Funds Withdrawal Prog / Secured Paypal Funds Withdrawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patricia Hacked? Withdrawal Paused by Sleekcode: 12:46pm On May 26, 2023
angry

Hello Chief,

Over the last five years, we have become synonymous with Bitcoin and crypto trading. We have been at the forefront of crypto adoption in Africa, and despite governmental and environmental challenges that have tested our efforts to drive adoption in Nigeria and Africa, we have remained resolute.

Our efforts did not go unnoticed, as we quickly became a household name, garnering prestigious awards across the world. However, public recognition comes with its fair share of risks.

Our services are divided into three arms: Patricia Personal, Patricia OTC Desk, and Patricia Business. Not long ago, we were victims of a breach. Patricia Personal, the retail trading application, was solely affected by this breach; BTC and Naira assets were compromised. Every other crypto balance remains unaffected, and we assure the public that all our customers' and merchants' assets are secure.

In light of this, we are undergoing internal restructuring and temporarily suspending withdrawals on our app (mobile and web). We understand how this has affected our customers, and are truly appreciative of your patience through this inconvenience. We assure you that we are working to strengthen our security measures.

Our security team, with the help of law enforcement agencies, has been able to identify an individual among the syndicated group responsible for this breach. We will continue to pursue this lead and work with security agencies and other partners to ensure a thorough audit of the situation and recover the assets.

You remain at the heart of what we do, and we will continue to provide updates on this situation to all stakeholders.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Re: Patricia Hacked? Withdrawal Paused by airsaylongcome: 12:53pm On May 26, 2023
These guys are making it sound like the breach of Patricia personal isn't a big deal. If personal was breached, who is to say that the other services haven't been breached?

When did Patricia become aware of this breach? And based on their forensic, when did this breach actually occur, because there is always a time lag between the actual breach and when it was identified. Given the antecedents of breaches at LastPass and 3CX, I have come to realize that businesses try to downplay the time lag between when it occurred and when it was identified. Also I don't see any advise to customers on what they need to do to secure their account. That is critical information that needs to be communicated so customers can minimize their losses

Anyway, I wish Patricia all the best in recovering from this
Re: Patricia Hacked? Withdrawal Paused by truthCoder: 6:03pm On May 27, 2023
airsaylongcome:
These guys are making it sound like the breach of Patricia personal isn't a big deal. If personal was breached, who is to say that the other services haven't been breached?

When did Patricia become award of this breach? And based on their forensic, when was this breach actually occur, because there is always a time lag between the actual breach and when it was identified. Given the antecedents of breaches at LastPass and 3CX, I have come to realize that businesses try to downplay the time lag between when it occurred and when it was identified. Also I don't see any advise to customers on what they Ned to do to secure their account. That is critical information that needs to be communicated so customers can minimize their losses

Anyway, I wish Patricia all the best in recovering from this

Bitcoin is involved.

They should know immediately once their available balance dropped.

They are claiming they know an individual, possibly a previous developer who they are trying to frame as a cover up.

The simple fact is that as long as the tech startup founders try to cheapen out who writes their codes, anything can happen.

If you think 20k usd is too much to build your tech startup codes, try computing the cost of a hack.

They try to hide behind the term ‘hack’ as if they did everything properly but the ‘hacker’ was so skilled that he broke all their hard security defenses.

The real truth is that their codes were shitty and someone saw a vulnerability and exploited it.

Hire good developers. Pay good money. Dont buy scripts upandan like okrika boxers.

1 Like

Re: Patricia Hacked? Withdrawal Paused by airsaylongcome: 6:06pm On May 27, 2023
truthCoder:

Bitcoin is involved.

They should know immediately once their available balance dropped.

They are claiming they know an individual, possibly a previous developer who they are trying to frame as a cover up.

The simple fact is that as long as the tech startup founders try to cheapen out who writes their codes, anything can happen.

If you think 20k usd is too much to build your tech startup codes, try computing the cost of a hack.

Cover up. That's exactly what it is.
Re: Patricia Hacked? Withdrawal Paused by Sleekcode: 6:11pm On May 27, 2023
Most Naija Crypto startups facing serious challenge at the moment.

Most painful for me is Lazerpay.

Barter by Flutterwave is non functional for months now angry
Re: Patricia Hacked? Withdrawal Paused by truthCoder: 6:18pm On May 27, 2023
Sleekcode:
Most Naija Crypto startups facing serious challenge at the moment.

Most painful for me is Lazerpay.

Barter by Flutterwave is non functional for months now angry

Who would have imagined that flutterwave of all cannot build a simple scalable flutter app product?
Re: Patricia Hacked? Withdrawal Paused by airsaylongcome: 6:19pm On May 27, 2023
truthCoder:

Who would have imagined that flutterwave of all cannot build a simple scalable flutter app product?

In your opinion, is the problem with the Software product? Or with DevOps and Operational security?
Re: Patricia Hacked? Withdrawal Paused by Sleekcode: 6:22pm On May 27, 2023
truthCoder:

I don't think it was about them not being able to build a scalable product.

They hard a lot of internet scandals... The app stopped working after they claimed some hackers took billions belonging to them... Almost same thing happening to Patricia
Re: Patricia Hacked? Withdrawal Paused by truthCoder: 6:58pm On May 27, 2023
Sleekcode:

I don't think it was about them not being able to build a scalable product.

They hard a lot of internet scandals... The app stopped working after they claimed some hackers took billions belonging to them... Almost same thing happening to Patricia

Its the same thing.

How do you build a product that is vulnerable to being a billions leakage.

I have used barter. It was a badly built app. You need to close and reopen the app severally if you navigate too deeply.

Flutterwave has a huge budget. They could have done something way better than that intern-project.
Re: Patricia Hacked? Withdrawal Paused by truthCoder: 4:02pm On May 28, 2023
airsaylongcome:

In your opinion, is the problem with the Software product? Or with DevOps and Operational security?

There can be leaks at all stages.

A system is as strong as its weakest link.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Help On Domain Controller (active Directory) / Let's Talk Information Security Right Here! / Ruby On Rails Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.