Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku (30732 Views)

Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima / Double Nomination: Speak On Rumoured May 26 Public Holiday - PDP Tells Buhari / Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by aspabay(m): 2:08pm On May 26, 2023
Lost at the high court, lost at the appeal court, and now they have lost at the supreme court.

Time to count your losses and move on.

All this charade is to remain in the news and appear relevant.

1 Like

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Ijaya123: 2:12pm On May 26, 2023
Tntsi:
What holds Nigeria as a country is about to be ripped apart.
This should be a source of worry to sane Nigerians becos of its corresponding consequences.

If we had a wise Judiciary who had the country Nigeria at heart, the constitutional 25% in the FCT would have been a first matter for them to quickly and urgently attend to .
Unfortunately the judiciary is looking like key partners with evil men to destroy Nigeria.

Anyway let's keep watching. I don't see a swearing in.

Your days of crying and wailing will be a long one. 😂😂😂
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by zedegit: 2:14pm On May 26, 2023
Tntsi:
This should be a source of worry to sane Nigerians becos of its corresponding consequences.

If we had a wise Judiciary who had the country Nigeria at heart, the constitutional 25% in the FCT would have been a first matter for them to quickly and urgently attend to .
Unfortunately the judiciary is looking like key partners with evil men to destroy Nigeria.

You don't see a swearing in yet Buhari has given Tulumbu GCFR title and his janja weed partner the GCON title.

Wetin remain? My own is that they have set legal system back with this judgement. Uche Nwosu was disqualified based on same double nomination. Are the judges and justices confused beings?
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by fredoooooo: 2:17pm On May 26, 2023
Oga go and find ya server on democracy network... grin
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Nicenixon: 2:17pm On May 26, 2023
Tntsi:

All I know is that if Tinubu is eventually swear in on Monday, then, you be one useless fool.

1 Like

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Nicenixon: 2:20pm On May 26, 2023
Corona22:
It’s Atiku’s fault that Tinubu is our president today. The division in PDP camp directly lead to the situation we’re in right now. If he could have found a way to appease both Wike and Obi and other disgruntled members of the party , I’m confident that PDP would have won. And don’t tell me it’s not possible because Tinubu , the master strategist that he is would have made peace one way or the other.
Anyways we don enter am. Hope President BAT tenure is favorable for me and my family.
Yeah! You are right, APC would have lost woefully. PDP really ruined their chance.
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by ROYALMAXCLEANER: 2:30pm On May 26, 2023
savcy:
Atiku was legit the worst of the trio in the last election. I hope he supports another candidate in 2027, because it's clear he exhausted his Aso Rock bundle in 2007.

He dey collect am woto-woro-pouriosly now

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by BENEAMATA: 2:55pm On May 26, 2023
Jorussia:
I hope u are not Nigeria?be careful what u type here from Monday.
exactly . I been wan reply that post .let them continue till post handover .
And she better pray nothing bad happens to the president-elect before hand over .When will these nutcases realise what they've been " prophesying " weeks back has become a NATIONAL THREAT as at this minute after the latest supreme court judgement !

1 Like

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by chrisxxx(m): 2:57pm On May 26, 2023
savcy:
Atiku was legit the worst of the trio in the last election. I hope he supports another candidate in 2027, because it's clear he exhausted his Aso Rock bundle in 2007.
He had a chance to cash out in the last election. APC made it appear like he had a cabal backing him in Abuja. With this he refused to negotiate with the aggrieved members. He didn't know APC was giving him a false hope.
If Atiku had let go some grounds to the aggrieved members of PDP he might have won.

1 Like

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by sonssyo: 2:57pm On May 26, 2023
I don't expect them to win the case or stop anybody, these are cabals that wine and dine with the devil, what do you expect!
ONLY GOD CAN STOP THIS MAN! let this people go and sit down

1 Like

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Dbestbrest: 2:59pm On May 26, 2023
Is Atiku still in Nigeria? I thought he had gone back to his country of origin - UAE. Stop blabbing and go back to your country, you are allowed to come back in 4 years time to re-contest as usual. Nigerians have moved on

1 Like

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:01pm On May 26, 2023
festacman:
First, it is actually difficult to link the heading to the content of Atiku's tweet. Have read it several times.

Second, Atiku's inability to convince a candidate in that Borno State APC senatorial primaries to spearhead that court action showed that either he is conserving his money or his political juice as a versatile horse-trading politician has gone down too low. It also shows how weak PDP has become as a political force. It left Supreme Court with no other alternatives.

No Kanuri man will put up a suit challenging Shettima. An opportunity for a Kanuri to become a VP? coolp
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:03pm On May 26, 2023
zedegit:

You don't see a swearing in yet Buhari has given Tulumbu GCFR title and his janja weed partner the GCON title.

Wetin remain? My own is that they have set legal system back with this judgement. Uche Nwosu was disqualified based on same double nomination. Are the judges and justices confused beings?

Uche Nwosu was disqualified because two parties made him candidate. Different Issues abeg

4 Likes

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Dchampion65: 3:06pm On May 26, 2023
Judiciary did not give democracy set back when it refused to grant reelection in osun but now democracy is in danger.

On your mandate we stand.

Please where is Adebanjo and Papa Obasanjo,they are quiet this days. I now where Papa George is.
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by BENEAMATA: 3:07pm On May 26, 2023
zedegit:

The uche nwosu that was the guber candidate of Ruling APC and AA ? So which party's uche nwosu were the other party guber aspirants running against ? The judgement of the appeal court did state clearly that the honourable court won't be a party to giving credence to illegality .
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by johnjose68: 3:12pm On May 26, 2023
Tntsi:

Sai Jagaban.
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by olamike02: 3:13pm On May 26, 2023
Tntsi:

So if a candidate won in 35states but Abuja he shouldn't be sworn in because Abuja people has 4heads each. Your mumu is legendary.

2 Likes

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by BENEAMATA: 3:16pm On May 26, 2023
SamuelAnyawu:

Uche Nwosu was disqualified because two parties made him candidate. Different Issues abeg
exactly . Plus The appeal court judgement on the nwosu case clearly states that , and i quote "you cannot benefit from your iniquities " .
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Reference(m): 3:18pm On May 26, 2023
Atiku and his people and all the various parties in court on one post election matter or the other should come to a realisation that the Judiciary is not prepared to rock the boat and go against the establishment.

It has not done so since the return of democracy in 1999 and it is less likely now at the time of institutional weakness throughout government.

They should transit into the office of political opposition. That is the best way forward for now. It will serve and fulfill all the aspirations of all parties concerned except the very personal or selfish ones.
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Ingocof(m): 3:24pm On May 26, 2023
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by damkin24(m): 3:49pm On May 26, 2023
Tntsi:

Please wake up from that your dream. It is not good for your health

1 Like

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by AfonjaScud: 3:49pm On May 26, 2023
Tntsi:

Any so-called educated person that believes that a presidential candidate MUST score 25% in Abuja in order to qualify to be declared winner has not done justice to his/her alma mattaand the education is a waste.

1 Like

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Peacecore: 3:53pm On May 26, 2023
Corona22:

Yes I cast my lot with LP in the election like most Nigerian youth did. But not this LP and not this Obi, the state of affairs is a terrible sight
You casted ur vote for Obi but you're now praying for Atiku to win the case angry angry are you an LP in the day n PDP in the night??
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by DIAMO1: 4:14pm On May 26, 2023
Nairaland , please where did Atiku say it’s a setback for Democracy ? Please this is a very sensitive time in the history of our dear country … It would be good for media bodies to approach with all modesty , ThankYou …

nairalandkachy1:

https://twitter.com/atiku/status/1662065048854863872?t=Owi8vTgy5m7OYEJud-LTkg&s=19
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Iwedunloye: 4:15pm On May 26, 2023
Atiku was a Gubernatorial candidate in ADamawa in 1999 election yet was nominated for VP later same with Jonathan in 2007 so double nominations so pe otilor.
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by MasterTeeUSA: 4:18pm On May 26, 2023
It is not the business of PDP when it comes to the so-called double nomination. Did INEC publish Shettima name twice for different position at any point? No. Waste of court time.

nairalandkachy1:

https://twitter.com/atiku/status/1662065048854863872?t=Owi8vTgy5m7OYEJud-LTkg&s=19

1 Like

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by heysquare(m): 4:26pm On May 26, 2023
Oga Atiku go and pay 17m to Tinubu as you don hit his car! You lost the case with 17m fine. Some werey still dey believe sey no swearing in!

1 Like

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Etfash(m): 4:38pm On May 26, 2023
Tntsi:

I am quoting you because I see the sincerity in your post.

But, with an equally sincere mind, what if PO had won the majority lawful votes cast, scored a minimum of 25% of lawful votes cast in morethan 24 states EXCEPT in FCT, would you still have interpreted that section of the Electoral Act the way you are doing now?

If you answer the above sincerely, it will cause you or anyone to know the difference between being sentimental and being objective.
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Corona22: 5:09pm On May 26, 2023
Peacecore:
You casted ur vote for Obi but you're now praying for Atiku to win the case angry angry are you an LP in the day n PDP in the night??
What’s your business with my political preference are you deranged ?
Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Peacecore: 5:12pm On May 26, 2023
Corona22:

What’s your business with my political preference are you deranged ?
You're a snitch angry. Thank God that God shamed you lots. Shouting Obi in the day but rooting for a Cameroonian in the night. You will continue to wail till you pant will start wearing you grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by favor914: 5:13pm On May 26, 2023
Tntsi:

The Court will through that argument out way faster than they did with this nonsense petition.

1 Like

Re: Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku by Corona22: 5:16pm On May 26, 2023
Peacecore:
You're a snitch angry. Thank God that God shamed you lots. Shouting Obi in the day but rooting for a Cameroonian in the night. You will continue to wail till you pant will start wearing you grin grin
It shall not be well with you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Of Appeal Sacks 2 Senators, 8 House Of Rep. Members / FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia / Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.