Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,667 members, 7,823,885 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother (38760 Views)

12-year-old Boy Destroys His Mothers House Because She Took His Phone Away / My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke / Man Destroys His Own House Because His First Wife Refused To Pack Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Truthshotcrazy: 10:26pm On May 26, 2023
embarassed
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by diogo23: 10:26pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
I have the balls from day one. I was just trying to avoid this kind of issue. I'm also an introvert and I respect people a lot.

Now what is the next step?
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by fof1: 10:26pm On May 26, 2023
Wodu89:
You managed to spin the narrative that the mother in law is evil. Share the core details of what happened and stop trying to tell the tale with you as the victim in it

Watch fools begin to vilify the woman and her family.

Hypocrite

You are d Hypo I can see here,Pls. Claiming a Class U don't belong to. Whatever, it is his Story and not Urs to Paint Pls.
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by imam07: 10:27pm On May 26, 2023
Mayrose:
Didn't you see the signs before marrying her?
are u married at all? How possible will she see dat when most of them show they are nice b4 marriage. Lady despirate for marriage knows how to pretend. U can only know few things about a lady now are days. Too much busy work no dey allow guys to study their girls. Boob and ass don block their senses
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by diogo23: 10:27pm On May 26, 2023
jessylaurel:

If the reverse was the case now you won't do anything. Yes you disrespected her family grin
Did you read before spitting this trash?
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by imam07: 10:29pm On May 26, 2023
LEGALSER:

For 11 years you have been tolerating this? Divorce her and get another woman man.
how are u sure another woman will not be worse. He should just leave her with her mum.
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On May 26, 2023
diogo23:
■ Why are you talking nonsense? The woman is destroying to their marriage He need to tell her the truth, if his mum do the same thing she will be cautioned
Why are you lot quick to judge these issues even after many years on Nairaland? You would think exposure would have at least caused you all to walk even more cautiously as far as stories you hear and/or read but no... it seems far away from many of you. You don't know if this woman has been there to help OP with bills and whatnot, but you are quick to conclude she is destroying their marriage all because of one post that leaves so much out? Na wa for una! undecided

OP finally opened up on page 4 to reveal that, indeed, he acted irrationally. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Wodu89: 10:30pm On May 26, 2023
fof1:

You are d Hypo I can see here,Pls. Claiming a Class U don't belong to. Whatever, it is his Story and not Urs to Paint Pls.

All one sided tales are fraud. Be it me, be it my father. Be it the wife. It's an absolute rule

You're the gullible one seeing class. Olodo
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by imam07: 10:31pm On May 26, 2023
EKONGKING:
Men are a vulnerable species in the world .

If ur wife goes missing , u r the first suspect according to police . If ur wife goes to parents house after quarrel and does not come back . The blame will be upon you, either by neighbors or ur friend .

The popular opinion is .
You might have done some thing to her ,that why she left .
if her mum or dad have done something to her, will she disown her mum. U no get talk here
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Wodu89: 10:40pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
I was really rude about the confrontation. I was angry and below is why I was angry.

Both my in-laws came to our house, though I knew they were coming but I wasn't cool with it because they were with us last year December/January this year then now. My wife knew I wasn't cool with it but she never cares. We were both sleeping on the same bed but weren't talking. We had an issue one night and she went to report me to her parents, but her parents never call me to ask for my side of the story. That made me more angry so I left the house in the middle of the night. Guess what, I was away for 2nights and both my wife and my in-laws were not bother. They didn't even call. That made me more furious. So I spoke to her rudely.

Continue to seek third party opinions and don't master your reactions and emotions as a man

Na you go take your hand scatter your life yourself
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by abuhusna1: 10:49pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
Good Evening,

I got married 11years ago, my mother in-law has always in the picture of everything in our home and has total control of my wife. My wife cannot object anything she says even when I, as her husband challenged it. 90% of the major issues we had as a couple were caused by my mother in-law. After 11years, I decided to confront her to stop controlling her daughter and stop interfering in our marriage and home. I confronted her and my wife left the house. Her reason for leaving the house is that I disrespected her family.

more details later

Make money 💰 he get why your wife can never leaver you if you rich cos as she dey commot another girl dey replace her
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Adabestseason(m): 10:50pm On May 26, 2023
Congrats! for taking charge do not shift ground if you do otherwise they will use you for catfish pepper soup.God bless you for the action you have taken
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by ashraf267(m): 10:50pm On May 26, 2023
Nebes:
Such holds are first broken spiritually. Attempts at just physical correction is an exercise in futility.

I remember the beating I gave my inlaw in a dream as they were instigating quarrels in my home. The next day after the beating, they called their daughter for a meeting and advised her to go live in peace in her home. You could actually feel they were forced to call for that meeting.
Lol grin grin
Y'all on this app ehn...
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by 7arrows: 10:51pm On May 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You are joking with this silly ask, right? Or are you one of those who desire my attention that badly? undecided

Your attention no be my problem at all. Unless u wan dash me something.
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On May 26, 2023
7arrows:
Your attention no be my problem at all. Unless u wan dash me something.
Yet your action continues to speak otherwise. undecided
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by eroticecstasy: 10:57pm On May 26, 2023
Wodu89:
You managed to spin the narrative that the mother in law is evil. Share the core details of what happened and stop trying to tell the tale with you as the victim in it

Hypocrite

Madam please share your story, what really happened? It's better to hear from both parties
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by EKONGKING: 11:00pm On May 26, 2023
Thanksful:

When your wife leave your house. Call the papa, the mama, her brothers and sisters. Tell them you don't want to see her again in your house if the night meet her outside your house.

OK, SIMP
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by kapelvej: 11:00pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
Good Evening,

I got married 11years ago, my mother in-law has always in the picture of everything in our home and has total control of my wife. My wife cannot object anything she says even when I, as her husband challenged it. 90% of the major issues we had as a couple were caused by my mother in-law. After 11years, I decided to confront her to stop controlling her daughter and stop interfering in our marriage and home. I confronted her and my wife left the house. Her reason for leaving the house is that I disrespected her family.

more details later

Is her mother still married
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 26, 2023
How You Can Find Rest Round About For Your Life.

Apostle Joshua Selman

Listen And Remain Blessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22NaBE2HLk8
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by OChimex: 11:09pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
Good Evening,

more details later

Dare not plead with her. You did nothing wrong.
In fact if na me I go just pack her bag give am join.
That tells you where her loyalty as a wife is.
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by imagrg(m): 11:10pm On May 26, 2023
You were very disrespectful. cool
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by pongwa(m): 11:16pm On May 26, 2023
Wodu89:

Hypocrite
are you the wife? Tell your own side of the story don't be unfortunate
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Kobojunkie: 11:17pm On May 26, 2023
pongwa:
are you the wife? Tell your own side of the story don't be unfortunate
Read OP's eventual confession https://www.nairaland.com/7704190/wife-left-house-because-confronted/3#123389821
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Kobojunkie: 11:17pm On May 26, 2023
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by nedekid: 11:19pm On May 26, 2023
She left the house?
Oga, let her stay where she went. Don't even call her. When she taya, let her eat the humble pie and find her way back, if not na she sabi. undecided
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by pongwa(m): 11:25pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
I was actually rude about the confrontation. I was angry and below is why I was angry.

Both my in-laws came to our house, though I knew they were coming but I wasn't cool with it because they were with us last year December/January this year then now. My wife knew I wasn't cool with it but she never cares. We were both sleeping on the same bed but weren't talking. We had an issue one night and she went to report me to her parents, but her parents never call me to ask for my side of the story. That made me more angry so I left the house in the middle of the night. Guess what, I was away for 2nights and both my wife and my in-laws were not bother. They didn't even call. That made me more furious. So I spoke to her rudely.

Note: My wife is a sweet soul without the influence of her mother.

apologise for speaking rudely to your wife first then draw her ear to never repeat that stunt. Her parents are your parents so nothing like fight because you disrespected her parents. She is your better half so she ought to have pleaded on your behalf when they raised it to her

1 Like

Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by africandollar: 11:40pm On May 26, 2023
Then leave her to go and marry her mother then...nonsense and ingredients! angry But on a more serious note, you should have informed your wife before doing such. maybe she herself could have found a way to gently talk to her mother to stop interfering, if she refused to talk things over with her then you are free to have gone this 'wotowoto' way.
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by DearGorgeous(f): 11:40pm On May 26, 2023
iHateFraudsters:
If my wife dares leave my house for 24hrs, then she'll stay out permanently.

Cos she'll have a hard time explaining the man she went to visit.

cheesy Reverse Psychology cheesy
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Olumaeme: 11:41pm On May 26, 2023
What exactly is the issue? I hope its not that you are treating your wife badly and the mother is not happy. Because me as a man sef, if you maltreat my daughter, omo I will come for you.
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by 00FFT00(m): 11:41pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
Good Evening,

more details later

You did the right thing. Late, but still.

Now, you must get your wife back in her lane. You must define the terms in which she can return to your house and stand your ground until those terms are met. This must include but not limited to an understanding that her mother, or any anybody external to both of you cannot, must not exert any influence or opinion on your internal matters or any matter relating to your family.

She must understand that both of you became a family the day you married her and if she now wishes to remain attached to her people in the manner she has, she must return to them and vacate your house.

Only when you successfully stamp your authority in your house, will you have peace. But it will boil for a while.
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by Kobojunkie: 11:42pm On May 26, 2023
Olumaeme:
What exactly is the issue? I hope its not that you are treating your wife badly and the mother is not happy. Because me as a man sef, if you maltreat my daughter, omo I will come for you.
https://www.nairaland.com/7704190/wife-left-house-because-confronted/3#123389821
Re: My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother by africandollar: 11:42pm On May 26, 2023
22rockbottom:
I was actually rude about the confrontation. I was angry and below is why I was angry.

Note: My wife is a sweet soul without the influence of her mother.

My guy, you are not in charge of your family be dat o! I would rather your wife reported you to your own parents than to hers. Reporting you to her parents would NEVER have a good outcome...based on experience.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? / Woman Fights Husband For Marrying Another Lady In Lagos(video) / Husband Saves Screenshots Of Our Chats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.