Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? (33323 Views)

Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? / US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex / I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Davytech(m): 6:29am On May 28, 2023
Which kind man be that. Unless he's a man with some kind of disabilities. What am saying is that it's not ok, he should act responsibly.
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Cornerstone2018: 6:33am On May 28, 2023
Not a bad idea if he stayed with his parents but he shouldn't marry there, else the marriage is doomed to fail.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Khyrvxjzy: 6:36am On May 28, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

So that the good girl will do what for you or your parents? Take care of them and act as a nanny?

ok please yourself
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Love800(m): 6:41am On May 28, 2023
Am 27 pls

If u read my write-up deeply, u will catch my idea. Am trying to encourage the child.

And i said if i have the money. Pls note my comment is for hardworking parents(intentional parent). There are always two type of parents in this world

seanwilliam:
it means the child is still under you. from this comment alone, I can guess your age.

U must be between 15-19. Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by shonepa(m): 6:45am On May 28, 2023
Omo, I am 36, i dey my papa ous, i have six siblings 3 dey abroad, 3 dey naija.

My papa biuld big ous + boiz quarters totalling 12 rooms en suite. My papa dey close to 75.

Me and one of my siblings join money build ous, we share am 3 bedroom flat each for rent.

I dey enjoy free rent, and am still planning to run a service apartment.

There is no place wey dem write am say u must go build ous, na woman go leave em papa ous. Benefits of beign a man.

My momsi no be winsh, we go dey drag with my wife, infact na she dey spoil am more with love.

All my siblings still have their rooms intact. We all cum together for xmas, and they stay for like a week before they go back to their respected ouses.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by EndRape2(f): 6:54am On May 28, 2023
It has become a curse the guy should go for deliverance, so his parents could not leave their own parrnt house, now their child can not leave
God forbid bad thing.

See en regardless of how rich, ypur parents are, pray to be richer, and pray to see their own property as dirty, strive for greater one .

It is even a greater curse if you are married and decide to stay in their house with your wife and children.

Bible says a man will leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife, in the realm of the spirit, it is backwardness to stay with your parents when you are an adult, you must leave to strive for a better life .

quote author=JILF post=123392179]

I mean a guy between age 32-38 living with parents or in the home of his grandparent etc[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by vickydevoka(m): 7:00am On May 28, 2023
Gerrard59:

So if I work with PwC Lagos and my parents have a property in Surulere, should I rent an apartment? What about when I manage the family's business in Asaba and my parents have a big house there, should I still rent an apartment?
That's different. You are contributing largely to your family. I mean if you ain't doing nothing or you are doing something small, u just need to exit. That's the ginger. If I'm very very rich I can stay with my parents in as much my wife is understanding
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by vickydevoka(m): 7:02am On May 28, 2023
Chidolalar:

So how did u become a millionaire in naira.
Can u connect me on how u made it
Leave your papa house first. Secondly strategies in your new location ,look out for connection through people you know around. Of you don't know anybody attend big gathering like churches and events, just be doing too much so the can notice you
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Sirchiboy: 7:04am On May 28, 2023
frozen70:

You actually got my comments wrong

If a lady inspired you to pack out especially if you have a job doing

Its not a bad idea, it's a good move

If there are jobs available, why will a man remain with his parents

The dream of every parents is for their children to stand on their own

So if you haven't gotten a job yet, no one will ask you to psvk out because the person won't feed you

Now back to this topic that brought this argument

The OP didn't say if a man that is not working

He only said is it idle for a man living with his parents at a certain age bracket

So he wasn't specific

Madam it is not easy out there ok.
I am over 40 and I am affected too.
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by UYEMDO35(m): 7:11am On May 28, 2023
Paramount01:

My brother! Just find something to do
I am just 31 and i can tell you despite not having a tangible job i can boast of manchine ,car,building my house,have piece of land,got married

I started by just finiding somthinh to do.but now i thank God
Wow! A big win 4 you..... Thanks for dis.
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by ucheuzor1(m): 7:19am On May 28, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
I'm 31 and still serving. I don't give a fvck about that because I don't seek to please people and I run my own race. I'm also single and focus.

Are you sure you're truly focused? With this your wonderful moniker grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Octopusssy(f): 7:22am On May 28, 2023
AHCB:
have you figured out yours, it's a simple question and no need to be rude. ๐Ÿ˜
She's giving tpia vibes grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by odinga1of: 7:33am On May 28, 2023
VinnyBaba:

OP,

With the terrible Unemployment state in Nigeria currently, it's not a misnormal. smiley

In my hood in Warri, to rent a Self contained, you will spend up to 400K.
U will pay for the 1yr rent +Agent fee and caution fee. undecided

If a Person is not Gainfully employed, how can he raise that amount?

Dat's most Guys are trying their hands on Yahoo and Football betting. ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜’

Oniovo u just hit the nail on the hammer.
I dey wan try arrange one crib for Sedeco or Airport road or Preferably Osubi Town.

E nor easy oooo, Sport Betting & G don help guys for the country wella.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by fareed69(m): 7:42am On May 28, 2023
youngrhosy:
Absolutely wrong

There are circumstances.
If he happen to be there only child , no one there to take care of them at there old age and probably he isn't married yet nothing wrong in that .
So long as he's focused has a job and attend to there needs and not vice versa .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Crampyblood(m): 7:49am On May 28, 2023
Is it ok for a lady to live there at that same age?
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Postinor: 7:52am On May 28, 2023
Bukola94:
If she agree or not is her own palava, real men & African men original call the shots,no Simpson, no pleasing, no bullsh!t from any daughters of Eve. We call the shot, the one we ask of your opinion, we just want yh to feel belong and carried along...
hmm, wow
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Postinor: 7:53am On May 28, 2023
Gangster1ms:

Why won't she agree? Except she's ready to use her money to build or rent house. My parents house is so big with more than two entrances.. My section has its own kitchen, sitting room and balcony. Don't even see my parents a lot of times but they are around.
ohh ok
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Postinor: 7:53am On May 28, 2023
Delightsome2023:
if she doesn't accept my parents moving in then she should go seek another suitor.
My parents practically saved me and contributed immensely to my upgraded version, can't despise and abandon them now.
Dad is in his 80's with no one by his side except me and mum that is aging as well
ohh, nice of you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 7:54am On May 28, 2023
Most of these people claiming independent are still the ones that will meet you for one strange loan..." Abeg my wife, Abeg this time na my pikin." . As for me I work somewhere, I only come home on some weekends. People in my area still complain. STOP TAKING THIS KIND OF PEOPLE SERIOUS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Babyface1470: 8:14am On May 28, 2023
I lose my job last year the following month my house rent expired which I have no option to move down to my parent house with my wife and my kid, up till this moment I'm still in search of work because I'm feeling ashame of staying in this house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by sexysunnyb(m): 8:17am On May 28, 2023
Laugh wan finish me
linearity:

Just open up tell us say, na you bi the person make we know how to advise you!
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Coolgent(m): 8:22am On May 28, 2023
MightyHand:
Not too bad, God no go shame Us.
Chai see finishing! grin
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by RTID: 8:28am On May 28, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

It's the truth bruv. Here in Nigeria, we just like mounting unnecessary pressure on people , because we are too egoistical and dumb.

That's why you'll see some people come out to say "If you've not made your first 1million by 25, you are a failure" , "if you are 25 and you don't have your own house , you are not a man enough", "if you are 25 and you are still in your parents house, you are lazy and weak".

So what happens to someone who makes his first 1million at 25 and blows all his money before 30? And someone who makes his first 1 million at 30 and later goes on to be a billionaire?
I know when I made my first big money, and how it went all off, because I was too young to understand the principle of money.

What happens to someone who moves out of his parents' house at 19 but returns at 40 because he no longer has shit goin on for him, and someone who moves out at 40 and later goes on to own estates and malibles.

In India, most of the family live together. No matter how rich you are, you'll live with your extended family.

As a man, if you are still living with your parents at 40, you are not a failure. If you've still not made your first 1million at 30 you are not a failure.

Just be sure within yourself that you are doing something to change the situation. As long as you are not idle. You are a champ.
boss send me your account number make you use drink small drink

You just said my mind chairmo

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by RTID: 8:31am On May 28, 2023
Gangster1ms:
I'm 40 and i live with my parents
My dad built a massive mansion with enough rooms, so why waste money living somewhere else if it's not outside the country?
lies do you know what is mansion?
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by frozen70(f): 8:34am On May 28, 2023
Sirchiboy:

Madam it is not easy out there ok.
I am over 40 and I am affected too.
Pls Believe in God
I stand with every youth who is passing through lack of job challenge

The future is full of hope and God will do it for you

Its not how far, but you will tell the story of how well, one day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by RTID: 8:37am On May 28, 2023
Bukola94:
Apart from rent been expensive, some landlords are trouble some & may set u up. People you rent houses to also may Bleep you up. We have been seeing cases and hearing of cases
you de find excuse
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by mylikes: 8:41am On May 28, 2023
It's not a big deal as long if he has a plan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by dankorode(m): 8:44am On May 28, 2023
xpressionx:
Go pursue am commot na
comment of the day
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by icankel: 8:48am On May 28, 2023
Many guys who works still lives with there parents due to many reasons some have aged parents, while some have a big house that's empty, so why renting apartment wen u have an empty rooms in ur parents house. Is it to be free in bringing girls in and coming and going out as u wish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Omowise1: 8:48am On May 28, 2023
1Sharon:

Even men won't accept women living at home at that age. They will need to date her like she's a teenager.

What man under 70 is looking at ages 32 to 39? You are comparing apple to orange. Abeg what do you know about men? I would rather date a lady residing with her parents than independent living. At least at home she can't open leg anyhow popsi must involve!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Chidolalar: 8:51am On May 28, 2023
vickydevoka:

Leave your papa house first. Secondly strategies in your new location ,look out for connection through people you know around. Of you don't know anybody attend big gathering like churches and events, just be doing too much so the can notice you

U still didn't answer my question. How did u become millionaire in naira?
Tell me so I might follow your path or connect me on how u became a millionaire in naira.
I haven't seen anybody that is ready to connect me till now. That is why am seeking on how u can connect me
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Delightsome2023: 8:52am On May 28, 2023
frozen70:

You actually got my comments wrong

If a lady inspired you to pack out especially if you have a job doing

Its not a bad idea, it's a good move

If there are jobs available, why will a man remain with his parents

The dream of every parents is for their children to stand on their own

So if you haven't gotten a job yet, no one will ask you to psvk out because the person won't feed you

Now back to this topic that brought this argument

The OP didn't say if a man that is not working

He only said is it idle for a man living with his parents at a certain age bracket

So he wasn't specific
well as for me I will live with my parents and marry a wife that understands while we stay under our parents roof, when God gives me children we will all stay with my parents under their roof till their old age and when God calls them to glory.
Any woman that doesn't accept that should skedaddle (fvck off).
Assuming I had other siblings or relatives I'd have moved on but now my parents have none except me now.
Moreover the bond I have with them is too deep to separated Just exactly as God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son, you can't separate me from them, call me mummy's boy that's your own opinion

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Wife Drags Kano Millionaire To Court For Infecting Her With HIV / My Husband Flogs Me / Help Me To Appreciate My Wife In This Tough Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.