Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? (33378 Views)

Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? / US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex / I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by 1Sharon(f): 10:24am On May 27, 2023
UYEMDO35:

Pray you shouldn't be in others people's shoe..... Do u think life is easy like that... If you happen to find yourself in environment that's uncivilized do u think u will be able to meet up with your daily needs.. dis your statement alone can Make an innocent person to go into crime.

Can't meet up with their daily needs. But somehow 7 out of 10 richest pastors are Nigerians.
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Karleb(m): 10:25am On May 27, 2023
Edipet:
thank you sir. I have been feeling so depressed this days. Because I feel like I am a failure. This your comments will and me get better, and I will strive to succeed.

Guy, don't feel bad for anything. You will find out that majority of them saying that rubbish are still in their parents house eating mummy thank you. I'm not saying anything is wrong with that but don't let them get into your head.

They are not better than you.

11 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Karleb(m): 10:51am On May 27, 2023
This argument used to be more fierce before Nigeria became this bad.

A lot of people have learnt that one doesn't simply leave their parents house.

But there are still teenagers, privileged individuals, women and some stupid people who will die on this hill. They will tell you all sort of rubbish about what age to marry, have kids, have lots of money, have a car, leave your parents house and they always have a way tagging the age very low.

You need to pay them no attention and do your thing. If it hurts them, let them come and chase you out of your parents house or maybe deposit 10m into your account.

To the set of people always bringing this ridiculous talk every year, SHUT THE Bleep UP!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by UYEMDO35(m): 10:59am On May 27, 2023
1Sharon:

Can't meet up with their daily needs. But somehow 7 out of 10 richest pastors are Nigerians.
What do you mean now? Wetin concern pastor 4 wetin we dey talk here..... So cuz I want to get rich by all means I should now establish church abi, and start extorting my members from their hard earn income.

My dear, life is never like that, you do not try to force life and when you do, you will get to regret later... Been at my mid-20 still at my father's comfort zone not that am not regretting... I feel bitter about it and what can I do.... Sometimes I get some job offers outside the city but can't go due to lack of money

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by 1Sharon(f): 11:04am On May 27, 2023
UYEMDO35:

What do you mean now? Wetin concern pastor 4 wetin we dey talk here..... So cuz I want to get rich by all means I should now establish church abi, and start extorting my members from their hard earn income.

My dear, life is never like that, you do not try to force life and when you do, you will get to regret later... Been at my mid-20 still at my father's comfort zone not that am not regretting... I feel bitter about it and what can I do.... Sometimes I get some job offers outside the city but can't go due to lack of money

If you pay tithes, you're in no position to speak
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by cybernaut(m): 11:06am On May 27, 2023
It all depends on the nature of the house or home. I live in my father house in my our apartment and I take care of my self and love one.
In some homes if your dad or mum build a house with plenty of rooms up and door why should I go and rent a house . I should be thinking of how to build my own house for my family and be a landlord.

But if your dad lives in rented apartment and you stay with him never be ashamed one day table will turn . This current Nigeria economy is not easy to survive for the commoners even the average levels.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by ghettochild(m): 11:14am On May 27, 2023
Very very wrong

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by UYEMDO35(m): 11:20am On May 27, 2023
1Sharon:

If you pay tithes, you're in no position to speak

I never still get your ur point
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Delightsome2023: 11:54am On May 27, 2023
1Sharon:

40?đź’€
what other contributions do you have on this forum asides from being stupid

4 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by 1Sharon(f): 12:08pm On May 27, 2023
Delightsome2023:
what other contributions do you have on this forum asides from being stupid

Sorry sir, does the shoe fit?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by flokii: 12:18pm On May 27, 2023
Anything you do up to 22-23yrs is still okay, highest 25yrs you should move out and be on your own..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Hamachi(f): 12:22pm On May 27, 2023
We don't have enough specifics about the individual to make a determination, but as a rule it is not always a negative. There is nothing wrong with living with your parents at that age but it is utterly wrong if such a one has still not figured out his priorities at that point in life.

There's nothing inherently wrong with an adult living in a multigenerational home with family. The British royals do it, albeit in grander residences than most. I have a relative who married a man from a wealthy family in Morroco. His main family home on an estate has “apartments” within the large structure such that the children could have their own separate apartments while growing up yet technically be living with their parents and dining together at times in a family dining room.

In Hawai’i, it is pretty common. Houses are often built with a full flat or suite on ground level perhaps with a separate entrance for older relatives or an adult couple. There may be one or two stories above it depending on the layout. One of my nephews who lives there went away for college then moved back home to finish. He's working and contributing as an adult now who isn't wasting money by cramming into a tiny, expensive shared flat somewhere simply to say he doesn't live with his parents. When he is ready to buy something, he will have a solid down payment. When his parents travel, they don't have to worry about housesitters or kenneling the dogs unless all of the family is going somewhere at once. There are more hands to help with cleaning and preparing all of the meals and parties that include extended family and friends too.

Are there some people whose living situation might raise a red flag? Yes. However, there are likely to be numerous other signs if the person is incapable of successfully living an adult life independently.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Jamahyel(m): 12:25pm On May 27, 2023
No be american film oh
flokii:
Anything you do up to 22-23yrs is still okay, highest 25yrs you should move out and be on your own..

4 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Chummynoni(m): 2:17pm On May 27, 2023
Edipet:
thank you sir. I have been feeling so depressed this days. Because I feel like I am a failure. This your comments will and me get better, and I will strive to succeed.
you are being depressed for what? Yoruba people would say mawo ago Alago shishe which means in layman form , dont work with someone’s else time . Face your life bro and don’t feel intimidated when you see your mates doing better . Everyone get hin time. I have friends that started making money , before me , but now , some of them calls me for help, Not that I am mocking them but it’s just to let you know life is complicated . Goodluck bro

14 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by FRANCISTOWN: 3:36pm On May 27, 2023
Edipet:
See, you don't need to feel depressed, my own life has taught me harsh lessons.

Let's say you have a very good bowmanship, and your target is a bird.
You already did all you could to achieve that level of mastery.

What happens if a strong wind blows immediately you release the arrow? You'll definitely miss your target.

You have already achieved mastery, you can't control the wind, and you didn't even know the wind will blow.

There are some things in life that we can't change, time and chance happens to all things.

I can tell you that many rich people are not necessarily hard working and smarter than many poor people.

The same music that made someone rich is the same music someone inevested in and went flat broke.

I got some jobs offers in this life that I never applied for. I'd just be in my room and an old time friend could call me to bring my resumé somewhere, and that's it. I'd have the job but there is someone out there who is checking from one firm to the other and still no success.
And someone will come out and open their mouth to say if you are still broke at 35 you are a failure..

I'm not a Buddhist but I enjoy some teachings of Buddha. He said "when people go thru difficulties in life, they shouldn't try to change it because they may not be able to change it, it's prolly a karma from their previous lives.

As long as you are not dead. Anything is possible
There are some things that we just don't have control over, no matter how hard we try. Life happens.

But just do your best, so you can be justified.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 27, 2023
Lol
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by zedegit: 3:44pm On May 27, 2023
Illegal1:

omoh........una reply as times eeh...go jst make person weak.

Seriously it's no one's business. It's like asking why one is not married at 40 years.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Illegal1(m): 6:14pm On May 27, 2023
zedegit:

Seriously it's no one's business. It's like asking why one is not married at 40 years.

omoh.......dat 1 dey sha..
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Styluss: 7:51pm On May 27, 2023
would you like your 35 years old son to live with you?
JILF:
Is it ok for a guy to be living at home where he grew up or with his parents between age 32-39? if you are lady will you find such men as someone who is serious with life or someone who is unserious? I understand the economy has not be smiling for many and also understand that some men cannot afford to pay rent due to unemployment.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Bfly: 8:03pm On May 27, 2023
The OP got his prejudice already.

Nothing wrong as far as you re not giving them troubles.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by isabi2lof: 8:05pm On May 27, 2023
God no go shame us , some still dey stay with their parents for rented apartment, if na your parents get house , that one still dey ok to some extent.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by funkmrflexx(m): 8:05pm On May 27, 2023
Only a useless man will be living with his parents between the ages of 32 to 39. No cap
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Gangster1ms: 8:07pm On May 27, 2023
I'm 40 and i live with my parents
My dad built a massive mansion with enough rooms, so why waste money living somewhere else if it's not outside the country?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Migats: 8:07pm On May 27, 2023
Life has no formula. Take it easy.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Obiebanks007(m): 8:29pm On May 27, 2023
It's absolutely not bad, nothing wrong with that, if you not financially stable then u can stay with them, they are your family and nothing can be compared to love of a family

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by OluwaSegun0509(m): 8:30pm On May 27, 2023
Even Abraham lived in his father's house until the age of 80. No be talk am. E dey Bible.

JILF:
Is it ok for a guy to be living at home where he grew up or with his parents between age 32-39? if you are a lady, will you find such men as someone who is serious with life or someone who is unserious?

I understand the economy has not be smiling for many and also understand that some men cannot afford to pay rent due to unemployment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by motayoayinde: 8:30pm On May 27, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

I moved out of my parents house at 16, not because of anything but because my dad was too difficult and we didn't get along. Didn't want to be in his shadow.

For the next 2 years I was in the streets of Aba, from MCC to Osisioma, to Ariara to Ngwa to Umuojima joggling between 2-3 jobs.

I gained admission and would only go home for maybe a week or so, other days I was busy doing my own thing.
After I finished NYSC, i invested in a right business which turned out to be wrong and I went flat broke.

I moved back to a single room and started doing all kinds of things to survive. It was so bad that I had to go back to my parents house for one month before I got my shit together again.

Honestly as I tell you, there were some of my friends who were still in their parents house until they were 30, but now they are so rich and successful that I don't even come close at all.

The point is, whether you leave your parents house at 16, 26 or 36.

What works for everyone is different. Some guys are making 10Mil monthly and they are still living with their parents.

Some just love the company of their parents. Don't pressure anyone, let people live the way they want

NICE POINTS HERE

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by BackFromBalablu: 8:31pm On May 27, 2023
In a way it's bad. Cus damn 38 and you're still in your father's house
AHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Guy you're meant to even have 2 kids in that age position undecided

Okay lemme ask you this Question. When do you plan on getting married and where do you plan on staying after your marriage? undecided

Infact it is BAD! Emeka leave your fathers house you're 38 b4 you'll die b4 your father.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Maliqcious: 8:31pm On May 27, 2023
braine:
So far he is single, has a job and is responsible for some house bills, why not?

Living alone these days is not for the faint hearted.
valid points.
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:32pm On May 27, 2023
JILF:
Is it ok for a guy to be living at home where he grew up or with his parents between age 32-39? if you are a lady, will you find such men as someone who is serious with life or someone who is unserious?

I understand the economy has not be smiling for many and also understand that some men cannot afford to pay rent due to unemployment.

No harm done. I wish I lived with my parents for ever. I got married and I had to move on. Some people live alone and are not disciplined, while some stay with their parents and are responsible. Vice versa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by JohnBullMySon: 8:32pm On May 27, 2023
No. It's very bad. In the US, teenagers leave their parents house even before 18.
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by na2016: 8:32pm On May 27, 2023
JILF:

I mean a guy between age 32-38 living with parents or in the home of his grandparent etc

Calm down it is not any big deal. As far as he has a job and is contributing to the house upkeep

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate / Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? / Who Is A Guy With Potential?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.