Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers (34649 Views)

Police Officer Caught Molesting A 14-Year-Old Girl In Abuja (Photos) / Police Officer Caught On Camera Assaulting A Pregnant Woman In Lagos / Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Bribe Publicly In Abia(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by xiwaf: 12:05am On May 28, 2023
We all pray and hope for a better Nigeria.

Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by Lacash: 12:34am On May 28, 2023
Voice22:
Nigeria Police officer caught on camera taking bribe from different commercial drivers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoqPqkhclgo. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CstUJvoAbLY/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
This is no longer a news nah, na normal level and there’s no big deal about it unless u are not use to the system 😎
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by rave9000: 1:03am On May 28, 2023
Na there way
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by rickleye: 1:27am On May 28, 2023
How do we even know he’s a real police officer .
You need to get his badge number next time.
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by clockwisereport: 2:01am On May 28, 2023
blowjohn:
If the police begin check papers now and arrest motorists una go cry foul.
How many people get complete papers for their vehicle?

Not saying what the police is doing is right.

But make una no dey form saint.

Police is ur friend o .

Abi u want to try VIO?

If they don't check papers, they should resign. Na their job be dat. No be to dey collect egunje for road

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by MasterTeeUSA: 2:02am On May 28, 2023
AGBOWO Ibadan...they are right there in the morning collecting...I remember one time a driver gave one N50...the man wanted to hold the driver...he said he just started working. He looked into the car, and I guess my physique always makes people think I am a big man or something...I shake my head. I doubt they will ever stop. Another one...took a bike...Oluyole during Ileya...thank God my guy had all his papers...they still wasted our time asking stupid questions. They took one guy and his bike...my guy told me na Ileya money and the guy will need to pay like N70k...so sad. We need this kind of investigative journalism from regular Nigerians to stop this since our journalists have decided to sit in the STUDIO screaming every morning...especially those with Animal Husbandry degree and that Abati, a former deputy Gov. candidate under PDP on AriseNews Lol

Voice22:
Nigeria Police officer caught on camera taking bribe from different commercial drivers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoqPqkhclgo. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CstUJvoAbLY/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by clockwisereport: 2:06am On May 28, 2023
Godsonkemz:
It's a normal thing. I had to settle about 5 police checking points in a single trip today.

Do you have your complete vehicle paperwork and licence?
If no, you are not different from the police officers.

I don't give a kobo to any police officer on the road

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by InvertedHammer: 2:14am On May 28, 2023
/
It is difficult to condemn corruption in Nigeria when it is apparent that the righteous ones are the ones who haven’t been in a position to show their true colours. It becomes easy once you can admit that corruption is a Nigerian culture.

/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by Princeadeogun: 3:51am On May 28, 2023
abeg forget this one, must they put everyone in trouble in the name of social media. you think this man is doing it for himself, he will remit to his dpo, but now they want to create problem for him. abeg free the guy
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by Pj12345: 3:59am On May 28, 2023
Shwoooooooooo NA SINCE WHEN POLICE COLLECTING OF BRIBE OPENLY TAKE BE CRIME FOR NIGERIA?? I BEG MAKE UNA STOP TO DEY DECEIVE PEOPLE WEY DON ALREADY KNOW UNA TRUE IMAGE[/color][color=#006600][color=#000099][/color]
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by bellosulaiman(m): 5:01am On May 28, 2023
UCyril:
Some of those motorist don't have driver's license or valid vehicle papers yet we don't see anything wrong with it.
Yes, you may be right. However, we all need to realize the fact that what is right is absolutely right and what is wrong is totally wrong.
I believe it will be in the police ethics not to accept bribes. Also, is it the duty of the police to check for expired driver’s or vehicle licenses
I stand to be corrected sire

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by GABRIEL6036: 5:14am On May 28, 2023
Congrats to him, IG will soon sign his autograph 😎😎..
That's why we soldiers hate them. Bunch of unprofessional idiots 😎
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by zhirkovrado(m): 5:19am On May 28, 2023
Is this still news in Nigeria??
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by Shellsploit: 5:25am On May 28, 2023
Somewhere in 33 road, onitsha anambra
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by Bukola94: 5:43am On May 28, 2023
seunlayi:
There only way to fix our policemen is to continue reporting them in this way. They started it with Seun Kuti in their own version, let's us now begin to take it to them that they are the one to be fixed.
Do you know that this Policemen in this video is indirectly stealing from the masses and the government? Those drivers won't have the seriousness to obtain or update the necessary documents from government whereby Denying government the projected revenue.

SAY NO TO POLICE ASSAULTS
the only way to fix your police is to pay them what others pay their officers in sane clime.did u know they are poorly paid,welfare is poor ? Am sure he bought dat bullet proof with his salary that is not up to 80k,including shoe and that uniform with megre salary. The day I had a chat with an officer, I ask him some questions, is the day I know their work is like slavery.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by blowjohn(m): 5:47am On May 28, 2023
[quote author=clockwisereport post=123410893]

If they don't check papers, they should resign. Na their hon be dat.

But u know say non of those commercial drivers get papers
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by UKEMY(m): 5:58am On May 28, 2023
He should be your marshal and demoted by 2 ranks.
It's in the gene of our police men to extort Motorists and Nigerians. So unprofessional Force.
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by Christian36: 5:58am On May 28, 2023
UCyril:
Some of those motorist don't have driver's license or valid vehicle papers yet we don't see anything wrong with it.
Is that an excuse for collecting money from motorist. It is a public disgrace for federal security men to be collecting money from motorist, it reduces the quality of police and goes a long way to speak bad about the country. Imagine the number of foreigners that follow that route and sees that act, when they go back to their countries, they uses the matter as order of the day, later you will want such people to respect us when we go to their place after showing them how corrupt our system is. The only difference between that police man and Agboro (area boys) is just the gun he is holding, he uses the gun to intimidate the people he swore to protect and forces money out of them.
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by obama99: 6:03am On May 28, 2023
blowjohn:

But u can see that non of those commercial vehicles have papers.et them get their papers complete and up to date.

But they won't. Who u go blame?

You're correct but bribe is wrong. Do you think all these kids are not seeing what's going on. A kid in a commercial vehicle once said " those ijekuje people are hear again" it broke my spirit completely as to what kind of thing they are exposed to at that tender age.. something must have happened in his presence or someone must have said something in his presence against the police maybe while they were collecting as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by danlentto: 6:06am On May 28, 2023
When he is busy collecting money like a tax collector..,how can he be vigilant in checking all these vehicles for contraband, unscrupulous elements and the rest!
Shameful.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by Kcdojoto(m): 6:22am On May 28, 2023
Nigeria my country
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by papaa4: 6:29am On May 28, 2023
Abeg why is dat police on d Road no longer have number or name on dia shirt. To identify him or she
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by Westerhoffe(m): 6:36am On May 28, 2023
Like it's new… them full Lagos every nook and cranny.
Abeg shift. angry
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by Bmaster(m): 6:44am On May 28, 2023
Among many reasons why people dash police 100 naira included to avoid Time wastage

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by Thomasankara(m): 6:49am On May 28, 2023
[/color]u forget say no be everybody dey pass through checkpoint without particulars or go through checkpoint with drugs like you.[color=#770077]
Ransomtheking:
Make una leave this man abeg.
If police wan do him real job now una go complain say na wickedness
Muda fakers quoting me lol grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by TUTU147: 6:55am On May 28, 2023
What do you expect from him , when he is mandated for him to pay returns to his boss either every day or weekly.Until the ogas get parts of the punishment, this kind of stuff will never stopped.you send your boys out for patrol, without providing for logistics.The hen laying the bad egg should be held accountable not the egg itself.When the head is corrupt, what do expect from the body.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by hardbody: 7:02am On May 28, 2023
seunlayi:
There only way to fix our policemen is to continue reporting them in this way. They started it with Seun Kuti in their own version, let's us now begin to take it to them that they are the one to be fixed.
Do you know that this Policemen in this video is indirectly stealing from the masses and the government? Those drivers won't have the seriousness to obtain or update the necessary documents from government whereby Denying government the projected revenue.

SAY NO TO POLICE ASSAULTS

Leave the arrant nonsensical Seun Kuti out of this. Police should neither be given more accept bribe, truth. Police should not be slapped about by any drug addict or any person for that matter because they think they have some clout. This last case was the issue Seun Kuti.

Say no to assaulting the police
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by kelspinall(m): 7:05am On May 28, 2023
not a new thing
quite shameful
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by Ransomtheking(m): 7:05am On May 28, 2023
Thomasankara:
[/color]u forget say no be everybody dey pass through checkpoint without particulars or go through checkpoint with drugs like you.[color=#770077]
e
Oya u don catch me.
Mofo.
Whereas u are clean,police stop uuu ask for your papers everything dey okay.
Him wan search when you carry goods him tell you to discharge your goods so he can search properly,and you know you are clean.
Assuming you load bus full of palm oil or other agricultural goods like cocoa.wey uuu fit hide that your white stuff inside or maybe uuu no carry anything at all.
We know how you go start to judge the policeman.
No come dey claim saint here abegi undecided
Re: Nigeria Police Officer Caught On Camera Collecting Money From Commercial Drivers by Ransomtheking(m): 7:08am On May 28, 2023
Bmaster:
Among many reasons why people dash police 100 naira included to avoid Time wastage
The point I was trying to make.
But some mofos can't comprehend.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos For Illegal Arrests And Extortion / Fraudster Confesses Using Photos Of This Lady To Scam, Promises Compensation / Two Notorious Brothers Arrested For Terrorizing Port-Harcourt Residents. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.