Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Marry Your Friend - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marry Your Friend (15752 Views)

JAPA: Marry Your Man Before Coming To The UK - Nigerian Lady Advises / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marry Your Friend by bigcee(m): 5:33pm On May 28, 2023
Nice2023:

My wife is the greatest friend I have...my feelings for her can push a bulldozer.

undecided

Re: Marry Your Friend by InvertedHammer: 5:42pm On May 28, 2023
/
Echo chamber.

I guess he hasn't heard of frenemies. What happens then?

It is one of those silly statements that people make. Like the ones that echo "What God cannot do does not exist". There could be a negative connotation to that statement.

/
Re: Marry Your Friend by Splendblex(f): 5:53pm On May 28, 2023
folake4u:
Imagine marrying someone who fights you cos you called him Ode. grin
Hmmm grin
Re: Marry Your Friend by folake4u(f): 6:00pm On May 28, 2023
Splendblex:

Hmmm grin

I cannot deal with someone who will pick offence with that word.πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: Marry Your Friend by Onyinyechiugly1(f): 6:19pm On May 28, 2023
OK. But what can one do, when he or she cannot sustain friendship.....and really want to do.?
Re: Marry Your Friend by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On May 28, 2023
Onyinyechiugly1:
OK. But what can one do, when he or she cannot sustain friendship.....and really want to do.?
How is a friendship sustained? Learn these things, make friends with those who at least share the same or similar values as you, and go from there. undecided

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Friend by Splendblex(f): 6:22pm On May 28, 2023
folake4u:

I cannot deal with someone who will pick offence with that word.πŸ˜‚
Tor if there's friendship he won't sef
Not like someone that will tell me," you have commonised our relationship" chai grin
Re: Marry Your Friend by bukatyne(f): 6:28pm On May 28, 2023
folake4u:

Why would you call your husband 'Ode' which means stupid in the first place?

Calling someone Ode is already provocative; if a 'fight' comes out of it, your luck.

4 Likes

Re: Marry Your Friend by folake4u(f): 6:31pm On May 28, 2023
bukatyne:

Why would you call your husband 'Ode' which means stupid in the first place?

Calling someone Ode is already provocative; if a 'fight' comes out of it, your luck.

Uhm, depending on how you use it. Context matters.

I don't know about you but I playfully call my lover/folks "Ode" and they don't see it insulting.

3 Likes

Re: Marry Your Friend by folake4u(f): 6:32pm On May 28, 2023
Splendblex:

Tor if there's friendship he won't sef
Not like someone that will tell me," you have commonised our relationship" chai grin

Exactly my thoughts too. If there's friendship, there's no biggie.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Marry Your Friend by djon78(m): 6:35pm On May 28, 2023
Steady259:
Marry your best friend this, marry your best friend that, as if best friends do not betray each other.

Simply ask for God's guidance and you should equally beware of karma. As a man, you cant frolick with people's daughter and expect to be rewarded with the best and kindest of them. Nature has a way of getting back at you.

Exactly

All these talks na opata

Na God guiding the two partners in the marriage be the Koko

Prayers to God for guidance always is the best approach

If you like be the best of friends, human nature can still play a role

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Friend by Love800(m): 6:44pm On May 28, 2023
"marry your friend" lol

Una fink say marriage na dating? Lol

Marriage is all abt caring nd resposibility.

Wetin friendship dey find for der?

Cut dat crap jor!

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Friend by Splendblex(f): 6:54pm On May 28, 2023
folake4u:

Exactly my thoughts too. If there's friendship, there's no biggie.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Yeah cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Friend by bukatyne(f): 7:03pm On May 28, 2023
folake4u:

Uhm, depending on how you use it. Context matters.

I don't know about you but I playfully call my lover/folks "Ode" and they don't see it insulting.

You are right, depends on how I see it.

I find it as an insult and interestingly, others around me think it same.

I have never had a friend, family member or husband call me such. Ditto same with me.

I guess it is popular with younger folks.

Don't even see anyone my age and above do such.

3 Likes

Re: Marry Your Friend by sprints1: 7:09pm On May 28, 2023
Tayorshd87:

Exactly d girl u guys have been together for long seems to be d best ..

But u see all this latest new meet babes ehn social media don turn all to olosho cool tongue
yeah bro I did a survey on people with successful I realised most people who started from childhood their marriage used to be very strong and healthy. Messi, Gareth Barry, LeBron James, sharuk Khan even nonsense granot xhaka. I came to realise had it been I married my childhood friend my life would have been better cuz she so much understands me. All this one's I dey see know no get one complete sense.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Marry Your Friend by folake4u(f): 7:14pm On May 28, 2023
bukatyne:

You are right, depends on how I see it.

I find it as an insult and interestingly, others around me think it same.

I have never had a friend, family member or husband call me such. Ditto same with me.

I guess it is popular with younger folks.

Don't even see anyone my age and above do such.

Yes. Context matters A LOT.

Well, you're the Millennials generation and it would look insulting for a spouse, friend or family member to call you such.

Meanwhile, it is not so with my generation, the Gen Z. A lover, friend or family member can playfully call us "Ode" and it would be endearing.

I searched the word "Ode" on my Whatsapp and it wasn't an insult in any of my convos.
You can have a look. These are three different conversations.

2 Likes

Re: Marry Your Friend by lifeandjoy: 7:24pm On May 28, 2023
Nice2023:

Your level of understanding is miles away from what the poster meant.

My wife is the greatest friend I have...my feelings for her can push a bulldozer.

Respect
Re: Marry Your Friend by bukatyne(f): 7:25pm On May 28, 2023
folake4u:

Yes. Context matters A LOT.

Well, you're the Millennials generation and it would look insulting for a spouse, friend or family member to call you such.

Meanwhile, it is not so with my generation, the Gen Z. A lover, friend or family member can playfully call us "Ode" and it would be endearing.

πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜„ 😁 🀣 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜„ 😁 🀣 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜ƒ

I was going to say 'You Gen Z' but I decided to choose peace this evening.

You guys were kuku the ones that started the Ode stuff.

@bold: Very true.

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Friend by folake4u(f): 7:27pm On May 28, 2023
bukatyne:

πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜„ 😁 🀣 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜„ 😁 🀣 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜ƒ

I was going to say 'You Gen Z' but I decided to choose peace this evening.

You guys were kuku the ones that started the Ode stuff.

@bold: Very true.

Lmao. You can talk oh. Feel free please. What did Gen Z do again? grin

If you want to talk more, and not derail the thread, we can take it to the Pinkpill thread if you wish. cheesy

Hahaha. It's true. Na we start that "Ode" tag.
That word too sweet abeg.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Marry Your Friend by Panda7(m): 7:32pm On May 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Do you think those who beat their women regularly are married to partners they consider their friends? undecided
how you met your partner and hw long you have courted him/her directly influence your chances in relationship and marriage, while courting you will see the tolerance you both have.. i know most people get into marriages these days because they think their partner is living comfortable and are compatible with each other so they dnt need to rate other aspects of their life.

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Friend by XAUBulls: 7:46pm On May 28, 2023
folake4u:
Objection!

Ode is NOT a pleasant word to say to a man you are in a long-term relationship with depending on the tone of voice used by the female spouse and vice versa. It's rather insidious and can lead to a collapse of the marriage.

On the other hand, ode or the English translation called "fool/stupid" can be used in a jocular way though based on how you say it, and both of you can engage in a pillow fight and tickle each other as part of some pre-intimacy rituals, but this should not be overused because most men have a healthy ego. Lol
Re: Marry Your Friend by Delightedonyi: 7:58pm On May 28, 2023
I strongley support this writer of this post u have made the point clear and i support that my wife is my best friend shes like my sister ..getting married to your friend will help in building a strong home nd it will help ur kids when they see u both playing like friend's

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Friend by folake4u(f): 8:09pm On May 28, 2023
XAUBulls:

Objection!

Ode is NOT a pleasant word to say to a man you are in a long-term relationship with depending on the tone of voice used by the female spouse and vice versa. It's rather insidious and can lead to a collapse of the marriage.

On the other hand, ode or the English translation called "fool/stupid" can be used in a jocular way though based on how you say it, and both of you can engage in a pillow fight and tickle each other as part of some pre-intimacy rituals, but this should not be overused because most men have a healthy ego. Lol

Actually, I'm referring to your second paragraph. cheesy

Her: Look at his big head. Come here Ode! tongue
Him: Who are you calling Ode?
(Pillow fight and tickling each other follow).
Mekwe starts.

Curtains closed.

The End.

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Friend by bukatyne(f): 8:15pm On May 28, 2023
folake4u:

Lmao. You can talk oh. Feel free please. What did Gen Z do again? grin

If you want to talk more, and not derail the thread, we can take it to the Pinkpill thread if you wish. cheesy

Hahaha. It's true. Na we start that "Ode" tag.
That word too sweet abeg.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I want to follow peace this evening grin

Gen Z, the mental health generation.

Even for we late millenials, we are as far apart as year 1999 to year 2000.

I remember a Gen Z colleague who was talking about mental health and claustrophobia like you guys just invented the words.

I looked at her and told her that I have been claustrophobic since before she was born and it is not limiting me or affecting my 'mental health' in anyway.

Na patience we go dey use deal with una.

2 Likes

Re: Marry Your Friend by folake4u(f): 8:20pm On May 28, 2023
bukatyne:

I want to follow peace this evening grin

Gen Z, the mental health generation.

Even for we late millenials, we are as far apart as year 1999 to year 2000.

I remember a Gen Z colleague who was talking about mental health and claustrophobia like you guys just invented the words.

I looked at her and told her that I have been claustrophobic since before she was born and it is not limiting me or affecting my 'mental health' in anyway.

Na patience we go dey use deal with una.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Na Gen Z we be oh, we nor kill person.

But she's claustrophobic na. grin And you know say my generation always dey sΓ³ro sΓ³ke.

Millenials nor dey talk, una too dey endure abeg. Na why this country still dey like this. lipsrsealed

As for me, my mental health is KEY. I nor dey use am play. I nor like stress at all.😊

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Friend by Yoighaman(m): 8:42pm On May 28, 2023
Nice2023:

I am in my 8th year of marriage.

U guys married ur enemies and that is why u can't progress beyond the level u are presently. If ur marriage is not working,don't think others own are dead like urs.

Even if I have three girl friends now,the love I have for my wife is topnotch and unequalled.

Sorry for ur bad marriage...next time work on ur bad character before u propose to a woman.

You are subtly telling us you have at least a girlfriend; so how do you love your wife so much, your best friend, yet you keep a girlfriend? I am just curious.
Re: Marry Your Friend by Yoighaman(m): 8:50pm On May 28, 2023
folake4u:

But why call your spouse "Ode"? Love or marriage isn't an excuse for insult, whether said jokingly or not; it's like calling him or her "Oloshi".

There are better approaches. My opinion though.
Re: Marry Your Friend by folake4u(f): 8:58pm On May 28, 2023
Yoighaman:

But why call your spouse "Ode"? Love or marriage isn't an excuse for insult, whether said jokingly or not; it's like calling him or her "Oloshi".

There are better approaches. My opinion though.

I see you're a Millennial. It's not an insult please, to us Gen Z especially when used jokingly.
Re: Marry Your Friend by Yoighaman(m): 9:05pm On May 28, 2023
folake4u:

I see you're a Millennial. It's an insult please, to us Gen Z especially when used jokingly.

Irrespective of the age range by generation, what I meant was that it is an insult to call your spouse "Ode", whether you are joking or not. There should be some level of respect.

I don't know if this is what you mean as well.
Re: Marry Your Friend by folake4u(f): 9:06pm On May 28, 2023
Yoighaman:

Irrespective of the age range by generation, what I meant was that it is an insult to call your spouse "Ode", whether you are joking or not. There should be some level of respect.

I don't know if this is what you mean as well.

There was a typo in my last post. It's not an insult to us. Context matters.

To each his own. kiss
Re: Marry Your Friend by Shimran(m): 9:22pm On May 28, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
All these ndi marry your friend.
Marriage is different from friendship, don't mix up the two abeg.
Just because water and ethanol(alcohol) look alike doesn't mean they both boil at a hundred degrees.

Nice comparison. How I wish the Non-science can get the deep meaning of your words.

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Friend by Yoighaman(m): 9:26pm On May 28, 2023
folake4u:

There was a typo in my last post. It's not an insult to us. Context matters.

To each his own. kiss

Exactly, "to each his own" smiley
You can see how 'successful' relationships and marriages have been with Gen Z smiley

Mutual respect never goes out of fashion, and generational gap does not preclude it either.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help Me Save My Dad Friends / Economy: Nigerians No Longer Accommodate Relatives As Cost Of Living Soars / Missing Nigerian Baby Found In Mexico, Father Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.