Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,650 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Marry Your Friend - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marry Your Friend (15700 Views)

JAPA: Marry Your Man Before Coming To The UK - Nigerian Lady Advises / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marry Your Friend by XAUBulls: 9:29pm On May 28, 2023
folake4u:

Actually, I'm referring to your second paragraph. cheesy

Her: Look at his big head. Come here Ode! tongue
Him: Who are you calling Ode?
(Pillow fight and tickling each other follow).
Mekwe starts.

Curtains closed.

The End.
@folake4u,

Aha! The second paragraph you say? "You cheeky GenZ baby lawyer just out of Law School"... Your anecdotes here cracked me up. grin In that case, objections overuled.

Case adjourned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marry Your Friend by folake4u(f): 9:32pm On May 28, 2023
Yoighaman:

Exactly, "to each his own" smiley
You can see how 'successful' relationships and marriages have been with Gen Z smiley

Mutual respect never goes out of fashion, and generational gap does not preclude it either.

I beg to differ.

Failed relationships/marriages have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Gen Z.

There have been failed marriages existing even before the Millennial generation despite all the "mutual respect" and all of that.

So na calling of one's spouse "Ode" dey lead to failed marriages?
Re: Marry Your Friend by folake4u(f): 9:37pm On May 28, 2023
XAUBulls:

@folake4u,

Aha! The second paragraph you say?You cheeky GenZ baby lawyer... Your anecdotes here cracked me up. grin In that case, objections overuled.

Case adjourned.

But I didn't lie na. Any name calling for Mekwe is allowed. grin

As the court pleases. My Lord, we are most grateful for your wise judgment. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marry Your Friend by XAUBulls: 9:43pm On May 28, 2023
folake4u:

But I didn't lie na. Any name calling for Mekwe is allowed. grin

As the court pleases. My Lord, we are most grateful for your wise judgment. cool
Indeed... Take care. wink
Re: Marry Your Friend by folake4u(f): 9:43pm On May 28, 2023
XAUBulls:

Indeed... Take care. wink

You too Sir. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marry Your Friend by Yoighaman(m): 9:48pm On May 28, 2023
folake4u:

I beg to differ.

Failed relationships/marriages have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Gen Z.

There have been failed marriages existing even before the Millennial generation despite all the "mutual respect" and all of that.

So na calling of one's spouse "Ode" dey lead to failed marriages?

"Ode" is a derogatory word, whether said jokingly or not.

I read another post of yours where you mentioned, "Big head", "nonsense boy/girl" etc, now these are words that allude to being playful and can never be (mis)interpreted as an insult.

It starts from "Ode" and gradually graduates to the use of more 'playful words', which eventually leads to insults that you actually mean.

And yes! A 'simple Ode' can crash a marriage over time; if how toothpaste is pressed can break a home, then we had better pay attention to the little things.
Re: Marry Your Friend by folake4u(f): 9:57pm On May 28, 2023
Yoighaman:

"Ode" is a derogatory word, whether said jokingly or not.

I read another post of yours where you mentioned, "Big head", "nonsense boy/girl" etc, now these are words that allude to being playful and can never be (mis)interpreted as an insult.

It starts from "Ode" and gradually graduates to the use of more 'playful words', which eventually leads to insults that you actually mean.

And yes! A 'simple Ode' can crash a marriage over time; if how toothpaste is pressed can break a home, then we had better pay attention to the little things.

Okay Sah.
Re: Marry Your Friend by Yoighaman(m): 10:07pm On May 28, 2023
folake4u:

Okay Sah.

I can see you are a proud and confirmed Gen Z with your full chest smiley

Have fun dear, na una time wink

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Friend by folake4u(f): 10:17pm On May 28, 2023
Yoighaman:

Yes oh. Confirmed Gen Z.

Thanks Sir. Have fun too. kiss
Re: Marry Your Friend by VicM6: 10:27pm On May 28, 2023
mtcheew, marriage ko wedding ni......abi move mk i see Tivnubu well well jare.
Re: Marry Your Friend by Wodu89: 10:31pm On May 28, 2023
Yoighaman:

That generation go wear you off. Just leave them be

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Friend by maasoap(m): 10:32pm On May 28, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
All these ndi marry your friend.
Marriage is different from friendship, don't mix up the two abeg.
Just because water and ethanol(alcohol) look alike doesn't mean they both boil at a hundred degrees.

The best of marriage is when husband and wife actually become friends. The two can actually mix, my best friend today is my wife.
Re: Marry Your Friend by GreatAchiever1: 11:37pm On May 28, 2023
maasoap:

The best of marriage is when husband and wife actually become friends. The two can actually mix, my best friend today is my wife.

You are the head of your home and if you say you see your marriage like that, good for you, who am I to say otherwise, but make person no dey bring this kind talk to describe how marriage suppose be.
Re: Marry Your Friend by GreatAchiever1: 11:41pm On May 28, 2023
Wodu89:

That generation go wear you off. Just leave them be

I happen to fall under the Gen Z category but I no dey reason like that. Afterall the guy that posted this writeup in his facebook page don't look like he belongs to the Gen Z age range.
Re: Marry Your Friend by placeofallure(f): 1:40am On May 29, 2023
Wodu89:
Friends never develop romantic feelings towards themselves. It takes an ignition to get married to someone and it's hardly developed for a friend. Make we leave this talk. Marry who you want marry

Wrong!

Hubby and I, we were friends for years, keeping gists waiting for each other. I know his gf and he knows my bf. I never thought of him as a lover, just pure, plain friendship. We can gist for Africa. That friendship is what is sustaining us till now. I have no serious female friend till tomorrow, apart from church and work friends. He is still that one person I can trust with anything, any secret, any gist! Our romance is the hottest around after a decade of married life and still counting. We've remained as newlyweds because of the friendship connect between us.

Marry your friend. It's the next big thing after Today's inauguration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry Your Friend by bepositive11: 4:18am On May 29, 2023
Wodu89:

Intimacy is deepend in marriage. Intimacy develops from seeing and interacting with the same person everyday

Friendship builds deeper from daily presence in one another's life's.. We can meet people in a day, marry them on the same day and have the best of marriages. In the end, it's not about friendships but the quality of individuals in the game

Enough of these popular cliches that are not entirely absolute

You cannot be friends with just anyone. Some people can have daily presence in your life but still be your worst enemies.

Friendship is key in marriage. That ignition you are talking about is infatuation that disappears the more you get to know the person. Friendship only grows stronger with time.

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Friend by bepositive11: 4:19am On May 29, 2023
mployer:
quality of spouse matters more.

Friendship is fickle, little challenge will destroy it.

That is not true friendship you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Friend by bepositive11: 4:28am On May 29, 2023
Why do you think women do that? They do that because they know that a man can walk away at any time but her children are hers forever.

That is why OP is saying marry your friend. When there is mutual love and trust of friendship between the husband and wife, what reason would she have to doubt his loyalty? That is why married couples who are friends make the best marriages.

ozone0801:

Guy chill. No one is having a bad marriage here.
I'm also in my 8th year, I doubt you enjoy your marriage more than I do, infact I married the last beautiful soul among the women folks.
What I'm saying is " your wife cannot be your "greatest friend",, you can't place a woman on that pedestal. There aren't designed to handle a lot of life budding issues, let alone love a man till his dying day.
Talk to older men in their 70s, they'll tell you women slowly and unknowingly channel all that care and love to their children gradually as the marriage progresses, leaving the man to look out for himself.

1 Like

Re: Marry Your Friend by maasoap(m): 6:09am On May 29, 2023
GreatAchiever1:

You are the head of your home and if you say you see your marriage like that, good for you, who am I to say otherwise,

Yes, I'm. But it is not like boss/servant relationship, I don't want that. Sometimes, her opinion on the matter is the best.

but make person no dey bring this kind talk to describe how marriage suppose be.
That's how marriage that wants to be less stressful supposed to be. Laughing.
Are you married? Because, I have been married for 12 years.
Re: Marry Your Friend by maasoap(m): 6:19am On May 29, 2023
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
placeofallure:

Wrong!

Hubby and I, we were friends for years, keeping gists waiting for each other. I know his gf and he knows my bf. I never thought of him as a lover, just pure, plain friendship. We can gist for Africa. That friendship is what is sustaining us till now. I have no serious female friend till tomorrow, apart from church and work friends. He is still that one person I can trust with anything, any secret, any gist! Our romance is the hottest around after a decade of married life and still counting. We've remained as newlyweds because of the friendship connect between us.

I arrived home yesterday and I was sitting next to my wife, different sofas but very close. She wouldn't let me settle down first before she started disturbing me physically: tickling, light hitting, touching and all that. I had to call on the children to talk to their mother to leave me alone before I whop her sorry ass. Was that not beautiful my sister? But here, some people who have not married are trying to tell us that husband and wife can't be friends.
Re: Marry Your Friend by GreatAchiever1: 6:59am On May 29, 2023
maasoap:

Yes, I'm. But it is not like boss/servant relationship, I don't want that. Sometimes, her opinion on the matter is the best.
You misunderstood me here.

That's how marriage that wants to be less stressful supposed to be. Laughing.
I never said marriage should be gloomy and boring without smiles and laughter, but there are other ways to describe great benefits of it without using the term friends. The last time I checked marriage is a covenant bond, friendship isn't. So how does one now equate the two to be similar.

Are you married? Because, I have been married for 12 years.
No, not yet.
Re: Marry Your Friend by Wodu89: 8:41am On May 29, 2023
placeofallure:

Wrong!

Cheats
Re: Marry Your Friend by Wodu89: 8:41am On May 29, 2023
GreatAchiever1:

I happen to fall under the Gen Z category but I no dey reason like that. Afterall the guy that posted this writeup in his facebook page don't look like he belongs to the Gen Z age range.

Once I hear Gen Z, I run !
Re: Marry Your Friend by caandi: 9:38am On May 29, 2023
frankputer:

That line shows you don’t even have respect for that person, and you have the propensity to even use more derogatory words on the person, it’s simply immature and absurd, pluse childish to use such term on people you respect and on people u are loyal to.
re u for reals?
So we can’t play with each other and I call my partner ode?
Omohhh I will marry a friend and someone I love and not a Granpa
Someone like Regina can’t call Ned such names jokingly cos the man is like a grandpa to her
If I’m free with you I think call you such names sparingly and you shouldn’t take it personal
Just saying though, I wouldn’t want a man who would fight or beat me up cos I jokingly called him “ode”
Re: Marry Your Friend by caandi: 9:40am On May 29, 2023
Karlifate:

Yet, they're among the top 3 countries with lowest divorce rates.
well reason is cos of their culture
Do you know that it’s a woman that pays bride price
And if you’re leaving in abject poverty as a father you can’t marry your daughters out
They will remain single with you forever
So imagine after all the bride price and gifts to the groom family, the girl would now come and say she wants to divorce
Omo who loose?
That’s why their divorce rate is not as high as..
Re: Marry Your Friend by maasoap(m): 10:22am On May 29, 2023
GreatAchiever1:

You misunderstood me here.

I never said marriage should be gloomy and boring without smiles and laughter, but there are other ways to describe great benefits of it without using the term friends. The last time I checked marriage is a covenant bond, friendship isn't. So how does one now equate the two to be similar.

No, not yet.

Good. So, learn from us.
Re: Marry Your Friend by GreatAchiever1: 10:55am On May 29, 2023
maasoap:

Good. So, learn from us.

No thanks, I have men I trust who are married and they never for once mention things like that.
Re: Marry Your Friend by Karlifate: 10:59am On May 29, 2023
caandi:
well reason is cos of their culture
Do you know that it’s a woman that pays bride price
And if you’re leaving in abject poverty as a father you can’t marry your daughters out
They will remain single with you forever
So imagine after all the bride price and gifts to the groom family, the girl would now come and say she wants to divorce
Omo who loose?
That’s why their divorce rate is not as high as..

Australia, Sri Lanka, Kenya, and so on.

The brides from the aforementioned countries pays the dowry. So, it's not only India.

Besides, the divorce rates in Australia is skyrocketing. Women paying dowry means nothing, save for conscious effort between the two marriage parties.
Re: Marry Your Friend by maasoap(m): 11:02am On May 29, 2023
GreatAchiever1:

No thanks, I have men I trust who are married and they never for once mention things like that.
May be you didn't ask them, may be you guys never raise the topic. Remember, someone started this topic, that's why many of us came out to share. Lol
Re: Marry Your Friend by GreatAchiever1: 11:11am On May 29, 2023
maasoap:

May be you didn't ask them, may be you guys never raise the topic. Remember, someone started this topic, that's why many of us came out to share. Lol

The idea of marrying your friend is a modern emotional experience talk that has gotten into marital advice, I don't think the men and even the women of old will ever say such. I would never see my future wife as my friend and I wouldn't tell her to see me as her friend cos we definitely are not friends but husband and wife.
I, however do appreciate your input.
Re: Marry Your Friend by placeofallure(f): 12:34pm On May 29, 2023
maasoap:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

I arrived home yesterday and I was sitting next to my wife, different sofas but very close. She wouldn't let me settle down first before she started disturbing me physically: tickling, light hitting, touching and all that. I had to call on the children to talk to their mother to leave me alone before I whop her sorry ass. Was that not beautiful my sister? But here, some people who have not married are trying to tell us that husband and wife can't be friends.

Love that. God will keep you forever happy.
Re: Marry Your Friend by placeofallure(f): 12:46pm On May 29, 2023
Wodu89:

Cheats

Sorry for your loss. What were you cheated of jare?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? / Economy: Nigerians No Longer Accommodate Relatives As Cost Of Living Soars / 3D Wall Panel @4500 per square meter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.