Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,213 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

I Won't Allow You Make Rivers People Cry, Wike Tells Fubara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won't Allow You Make Rivers People Cry, Wike Tells Fubara (786 Views)

Stop Running Rivers State Without A Budget - APC Tells Fubara / Wike: No Amount Of Attacks Will Make Rivers State Succumb To Secessionist Agenda / Why I Made APC Chairman, Oyegun Cry – Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won't Allow You Make Rivers People Cry, Wike Tells Fubara by nairavsdollars(f): 7:16pm On May 28, 2023
Rivers State governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has assured that he will not interfere in the administration of the governor-elect, Sir Siminalayi Fubara.

The governor, has however, urged Fubara to be wary of those who will be hellbent on creating rift between him and elders of the State, who are supposed to guide him as he steers the affairs of Rivers State.

He made this remark at the thanksgiving service to mark the end of his administration and the inauguration of the governor-elect at St. Paul’s Cathedral, Diobu, Port Harcourt on Sunday.

Governor Wike stated that as he bows out of office on Monday, after eight years of meritorious service to the State, he will not interfere in the administration of Fubara so long as it engenders peace, unity and development of the State.

“We will not disturb you from running your administration, but we will not allow you to make us cry. We want you to succeed more than us, so that when we are passing on the road, we will raise our shoulders and say we told you that he will do better than us.”

Governor Wike charged the governor-elect to be firm and decisive in his decision making, particularly, if it is in the overall interest of the generality of the State.

“You have to be firm and take decision. Decisions you will take may not be palatable, and it shouldn’t be palatable to everybody. No one decision you will take and everybody will be happy. People will criticise you.”

He advised Fubara to be wary of those who for their own selfishness may want to instigate him to shun Rivers’ elders statemen and other stakeholders, whose counsel will help him steer the affairs of the State.

“You see the way I related with our elders, you see the way we have respected Sir Dr. Peter Odili. The day you run away from them, enemies will catch you. And it is the work of enemies to make sure you don’t succeed.

“You have not been inaugurated, see what they are posting that the governor-elect is quarrelling with the outgoing governor. That is to show you where they are coming from and where they are heading. But I know they will fail. You have been in the system.”

Governor Wike commended the Rivers State Chief Judge, Hon. Justice Simeon Amadi and the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly, Ikuinyi-Owaji Ibani, for the pleasant relationship that existed between the three arms of government throughout his eight years reign.

He stated that if the judiciary and the legislature were antagonist, his administration would not have been able to achieve the remarkable developmental strides recorded in the last eight years.

“The essence of government is for us to touch and impact on the lives of our people. That is what it is. Among the Chief Judge and Speaker, we have had a robust relationship. It has never been antagonistic. If I had a hostile Assembly, we would not been where we are today.

“If I had a hostile Chief Judge, the same thing. But God has blessed us in such a way that we have always complimented each other, and work collectively and that is the result we are seeing today. And I also appeal that whoever is going to be the Speaker, be careful.”

Governor Wike admonished the governor-elect to cultivate healthy relationship with both the State Assembly and Judiciary. He emphasised that the judiciary and the legislature must never be denied all their statutory entitlements in order to avoid unwarranted friction that will not augur well with the State.

https://worldviewafrica.com/i-wont-allow-you-make-rivers-people-cry-wike-tells-fubara/

Re: I Won't Allow You Make Rivers People Cry, Wike Tells Fubara by GeneralPula: 7:21pm On May 28, 2023
God bless his tenure..

God bless Nigeria..
Re: I Won't Allow You Make Rivers People Cry, Wike Tells Fubara by Antimandatethie(m): 7:22pm On May 28, 2023
Though i did not support President-Elect Tinubu am dropping my arrow right now and and am joining him right away

Dear Mr. President-Elect:

Please accept my warm congratulations on your victory and my best wishes for your success as you prepare to take up the responsibilities and challenges of your high office.

As you embark upon your new responsibilities, I pray for you, me and the people of Nigerian for the continued friendship and sympathetic interest of the African Government and people.

I look forward to working with you not only to develop closer relations between our countries but also to concert our efforts in the cause of peace and the brotherhood of all peoples.
Re: I Won't Allow You Make Rivers People Cry, Wike Tells Fubara by Nandoife: 7:33pm On May 28, 2023
His problem
Re: I Won't Allow You Make Rivers People Cry, Wike Tells Fubara by Wodu89: 7:49pm On May 28, 2023
Wike needs to learn when to shut up

1 Like

Re: I Won't Allow You Make Rivers People Cry, Wike Tells Fubara by Ogene001: 7:58pm On May 28, 2023
Must he force himself on everybody in power?

1 Like

Re: I Won't Allow You Make Rivers People Cry, Wike Tells Fubara by Praxis758: 2:44am On May 29, 2023
I foresee a big war between Fubara and Wike. Wike would want to be dictating for the sitting Gubara but the later will vehemently resist such.

Wike will then instigate the House of Assemble against Fubara which will turn Rivers to a battle ground.

If Fubara escape the landmine of the house, then Wike will lay ambush against him during Gubara’s quest for second term. The Ambode treatment may be launched against him.
Re: I Won't Allow You Make Rivers People Cry, Wike Tells Fubara by iHateFraudsters: 3:32am On May 29, 2023
Praxis758:
I foresee a big war between Fubara and Wike. Wike would want to be dictating for the sitting Gubara but the later will vehemently resist such.

Wike will then instigate the House of Assemble against Fubara which will turn Rivers to a battle ground.

If Fubara escape the landmine of the house, then Wike will lay ambush against him during Gubara’s quest for second term. The Ambode treatment may be launched against him.

Your analysis is just wrong.

This is River State, no one dictates to the government of River state.

Fubara will be independent of all Godfathers, just like Wike, Amaechi, Odili e.t.c

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery won't be functional by the end of the year. How true / Ipob In Disarray / Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.