Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy (45333 Views)

Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life / Presidential Election: Only God Can Save Nigeria From Tinubu's Plan - Bwala / Experts Speak On Tinubu’s Plan For Exchange Rates, Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by hopexter(m): 11:08am On May 30, 2023
kenny714433:
After two years, let's not hear another news like "Tinubu plans to remove fuel subsidy". These APC crooks, we can't trust them.

Nigerians go suffer no be small 😂

Shut your smelling mouth, you’re always wishing suffer on Nigerians you enemy of progress.
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by Dbegining: 11:10am On May 30, 2023
AntiWailer:
What rubbish analysis have they not done since the first attempt to remove it over 9 years ago.

Even PO said he wil remove fuel subsidy immediately if he wins.

Labour sjkd go and rest
Your Excellency sir, stop comparing the "president" to a "3rd place " candidate. You guys said he was better right?

The wise thing to do was to make sure that the economy is able to come with the shenengians that come from the policy before removing it.

And stop being hostile towards the labour union. Read their speech again and see that they were not even confrontational. Everybody knows subsidy will be removed and they are just trying to get the best for their members cause everyone who witnessed what happened when fuel increased from N65 t N97 will know what's coming.
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by Relixy2k: 11:10am On May 30, 2023
It ought to be a phased removal. 25% off then 50% off then 75% off then 100% every 3 months. In a year is fully gone. It will have less impact on the citizenry.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by Donbabaj: 11:11am On May 30, 2023
Many people don't even know the implication of this subsidy removal. People are just shouting subsidy is gone! remove it! bla bla bla blu bla! Do you all know the ripple effect of subsidy removal on the economy? Nigerian economy is currently under inflation. Sudden removal of petroleum subsidy will make the Nigerian economy tend towards Hyper-Inflationary economy; where you will buy 20 naira biscuit for 500 naira. where paint of Garri will be sold for 5 times its price. Cost of basic amenities such food, water, schools, shelter...e.t.c will sky rocket. I'm not suggesting that Petroleum subsidy be retained but government should consider the following:

- Set up a sincere and honest committee to investigate those who are benefiting from this subsidy.
-Engage all Stakeholders
-Create aggressive awareness of the likely implications
-Put in palliatives for basic needs of the masses to cushion the effect.
- Fix the modular refineries to operate. Perhaps, Dangote refinery could also be of help.
- Let there be more subsidies for basic amenities

I'm not an economist but these are my little thoughts!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by BJanta: 11:13am On May 30, 2023
Which stakeholders? Are they the ones paying the subsidy ? How many stakeholders were called when the subidy was about to be introduced? The stakeholders can as well take over the responsibilities of the subsidy regime and make profits for themselves.
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by Akungitit: 11:15am On May 30, 2023
May they continue to Labour in vain.
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by DJInfluence: 11:15am On May 30, 2023
kestolove95:
Wailing pro max
where's the wailing? I didn't see any in the write up.

1 Like

Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by StJasper(m): 11:15am On May 30, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

It's NLC not LP

Labour Party belongs to NLC.

Please do your research.
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by Alpharey: 11:26am On May 30, 2023
kestolove95:
Wailing pro max

Am sure you didn't understand this post. Chaaiii 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by COMPAQ(m): 11:26am On May 30, 2023
kenny714433:
After two years, let's not hear another news like "Tinubu plans to remove fuel subsidy". These APC crooks, we can't trust them.

Nigerians go suffer no be small 😂

If it's properly removed, you won't hear such. You hear am for diesel?

Despite the nonsense we read online, petrol subsidy has never been removed in Nigeria before.

At certain times when crude prices crashed, the price of imported petrol was cheaper than our fixed price. But of course it didn't last as crude prices went back up.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by Alpharey: 11:27am On May 30, 2023
DJInfluence:
where's the wailing? I didn't see any in the write up.

This is exactly what we see in this forum. People typing just to have fun at their own detriment. I wonder if he or she understand the post at all.

1 Like

Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by Alpharey: 11:28am On May 30, 2023
Akungitit:
May they continue to Labour in vain.

Shame shame shame. Keep displaying your illiteracy here.
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by Bimpe29: 11:30am On May 30, 2023
Such engagements must focus its attention on the aftermath of subsidy's removal, particularly the oil marketers' unwholesome hoarding and indiscriminate price increase.
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by deeva2: 11:31am On May 30, 2023
Breaking News:

Obasanjo swears in Peter Obi in Otta farm.

For more jokes text 419 to Obi-diot 🤣
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by darmochy1(m): 11:31am On May 30, 2023
XY23:

Suddenly, PO remains a trailblazer for you guys. Now, you'd know the difference between agbero style of governance and diplomacy. Una shame done tie wrapper, no one expected that kneejerk announcement when uncertainties normally herald a transition. We would have continued buying petrol at 215 - 235, without anyone making noise about the phased-out subsidy.
This is how you and your household will wail for the next 8 years.

As long as you don't mean well for Nigeria, nothing good will come out from your life and that of your household.
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by Japa007: 11:33am On May 30, 2023
leanonme82:

Peter Obi below: 👇👇👇
Wonderful editing (ati) Photoshop.. Ode
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by Lacash: 11:33am On May 30, 2023
2mercy:

https://dailytrust.com/labour-reacts-to-tinubus-plan-to-remove-subsidy/
They’ve not even implement it and these so called marketers had already started Ripping the masses on the product they’ve already gat on ground. Aswear na we gan gan dey do ourself for this country Aje🥺🥺🥺🥸

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by TheOgaBoss: 11:34am On May 30, 2023
leanonme82:

Peter Obi below: 👇👇👇
is that the new propaganda technique? to use what PO said about subsidy to justify the brash and uncivilized manner ur president has gone about it?

2 Likes

Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by Jagabanarmy: 11:34am On May 30, 2023
LegendHero:
Yes definitely, the president will still meet with the Labour union in presidential capacity to reach a common ground.

But I kinda like this statement from the Labour leaders, it’s not confrontational which means with the right bargain, they won’t threaten strike and etc in response to subsidy removal.
You can't remove subsidy now until we can supply local needs and thank God dangote's refinery is coming on. This decision on his inaugural speech is not welcome . People are going through hell today. Jagaban should not start this way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by maasoap(m): 11:46am On May 30, 2023
Mattswaggz:
I hope they have a plan to help the most vulnerable and poor Nigerians or else na wotowoto pro max day come walahi. undecided

I don't trust government officials to use for whatever it is meant for. They will always embezzle and divert, that's the problem.
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by maasoap(m): 11:47am On May 30, 2023
Jagabanarmy:

You can't remove subsidy now until we can supply local needs and thank God dangote's refinery is coming on. This decision on his inaugural speech is not welcome . People are going through hell today. Jagaban should not start this way

I don't like his decision, it was premature
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by THeUNIFIER: 11:54am On May 30, 2023
AntiWailer:

u go cry taya bro

na dt one u one use next 4 years do ?

u better go and rest.

he can never be , he can never be president like say una be God.

While I agree that no man should play God in the affairs of men, I also want to point out that Tinubu's supposed victory was not of God's doing, factoring in the violence and oppression that ensued in several parts of the nation amongst other problems. We both know this.
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by shoprite: 11:55am On May 30, 2023
BlackAdams007:
Obi said it, but added what he will use the money of subsidy funds to do, i can remember him saying he'll use it in the health, educational sector etc... but we don't know what Tinubu wants to do now, i think we still have to wait and see.

Below is what Tinubu said . . .

“Subsidy can no longer justify its ever-increasing costs in the wake of drying resources.
“We shall instead re-channel the funds into better investment in public infrastructure, education, health care and jobs that will materially improve the lives of millions,”
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by Jagabanarmy: 11:56am On May 30, 2023
maasoap:

I don't like his decision, it was premature
absolutely premature. Do I start now criticizing his government? He should not unilaterally take decision but engage stakeholders before taking critical decisions to avoid industrial actions early in his administration. Iam pained this morning seeing what my people are going through. This decision is a no non no for me. I was happy that dangote's refinery is coming on during his administration so removing subsidy will be easy for him. Let dangote's refinery come on fully . I know the role I played in campaigning for him and what I told people. I still believe in him

1 Like

Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by Bluntemperor: 12:08pm On May 30, 2023
kestolove95:
Wailing pro max

Don't mind Nigeria Labour Congress,as they are all defending their territory and hopefully,they will become irrelevant with time!
Which labour now- that of Ajaero, that sold their conscience to Obi's Labour Party or is there any new Labour Leaders?
Ajaero and his selfish group of old order- who handed over to him, could not fight for Millions of Pensioners Gratuity and Pensions,with many Organisations, including Multinationals and thousands are in Courts,with over Decades of Case adjunment !unfortunately most of these Employees are at the mercy of shilock Employers and to worsen things,many of the Employees died in vain, without collecting their dues!
So,who is NLC going to fight for,but their pockets!
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by JagabanBorgu: 12:10pm On May 30, 2023
StJasper:

Labour Party belongs to NLC.

Please do your research.
The statement made was made by LP?
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by FireUpNow(m): 12:17pm On May 30, 2023
The money m ant for fuel subsidy should be channelled I'm o education, health, job creation and not some cabals feeding fat on it . The president should not forget the incidence of this move on prices of food, goods, and services, rent, transportation and what have you. What happens to workers salary? Will there be upward review?
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by yemi1504: 12:28pm On May 30, 2023
2mercy:

https://dailytrust.com/labour-reacts-to-tinubus-plan-to-remove-subsidy/

Something they have already removed? Seems Ajaero is as docile as Wabba too shior tueh.
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by yemi1504: 12:29pm On May 30, 2023
crows2ravens:
It's not a plan. It has been removed!

Abi
Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by Banhammy717: 12:36pm On May 30, 2023
NLC should not try any nonsense with Tinubu.
It's not business as usual

1 Like

Re: Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy by Olaideolayemi(m): 12:46pm On May 30, 2023
Tinubu didn't play smart in this petroleum issued,one of the factors that cause inflation and economic hardship is petroleum..He would have learnt from Yar'adua administration,where he reduced the pump price of fuel,the record and history is there..Even thus, you're removing subsidy,it should be gradual remover not because you campaign and act on it..No refinery,No plan or art of execution of pains and consequences of cost and many more factors.. That's y,we are here we are, because poor policy caused pain that prosperity..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambode Receives APC Membership Card / Militant Kingpins Arrested In Calabar While Collecting Ransom (Photos) / Governor Yahaya Bello Commissions A Transformer As His First Project in Kogi.PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.