Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return (27407 Views)

Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return / Fuel Queues Return To Abuja, Others As Supply Dips / FG Implements Cooking Gas Imports Tax, Price Jumps By 100% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by ogaontop(m): 11:12am On May 30, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

One thing about some of you is you support what ought not to be supported, I don't know, whether because of ignorance or self deceit or blind support. Should inadequacy of government be heap on the masses always? Government always throw their burden on the masses on the premise of being clever just by half. Even the blind and deaf knows that the amount of fuel claimed to be consuming daily by Nigerians is false, which they collect subsidy on. Please what stops the government monitoring that one first and punishing those riping the country wealth? No way we would not go from fry pan into fire because the corruption is so endemic that if not checked, we may later buy fuel at #1,000 per liter and you know what that means, ripple effect. Prices of goods and services will skyrocket and inflation will be all time high.
Secondly, why is it so difficult to fix our refineries for years? Government yearly play lip service to revamping of the refineries and shift their burden to the downtrodden for no reason. If the countries they are taking our crude oil to don't make their refineries work, would they take product to go and refine there? There's need for government to do first thing first than dancing around their failures. We need to tell ourselves the gospel truth, the economy is not smiling at all. People are carrying enough burden, that to eat is a serious thing, now a government just inaugurated inflict another round on the already saturated poverty. Let us see what will happen in the next few days.
I am surprise that people are giving backing to this kind of thing without recourse to the impulse of the downtrodden and how they would survive. Make the refineries work and the issue of subsidy will automatically fizzle out. This is just the common sense. They should strive to make all our refineries work and also encourage modular refineries to be licensed for proper monitoring to ease the burden of crude oil refine. This is not rocket science. Eje ka fo te si le, ka ye pa lapa lapa. No shortcuts to truth in the journey to freedom of the masses.
You spoke wisdom bro, forget these senseless sycophants.
Many might not even read and understand properly, the points you are making above!
This is not a question of political affiliation or lip service, this is masses vs the government!!
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:14am On May 30, 2023
HacheNoire:

Even if all refinery’s are repaired, fuel will still be selling at close to international market prices. It won’t reduce price to current selling rate.

Subsidy has been doing all that and it’s time to let go.

you are utterly brainless
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by COMPAQ(m): 11:16am On May 30, 2023
Ashawoman82:
oga, USA has the largest reservoir of oil ,they are not oil producing nation at all...it was during the time of Obama that they started storing oil,they believe they oil will soon finish in the world and when it happens, they want to be the one in control of the oil market...go and make proper research, it's not everything u see in Google that u should believe .

I pity your generation if your are this unknowledgeable. America is probably in the top three of oil producing nations in the world. In fact during their shale boom before covid, America was actually the largest producer of crude oil in the world!!

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by isArray: 11:16am On May 30, 2023
Psady:
Any policy meant for the good of the masses is a welcome idea, if we like let's keep suffering ourselves by inflating the prices of goods and commodities for our selfish interest.This new government is here to work,before a new elected official will implement a policy on assumption of office,it's crystal clear he has a clear study of the good impacts on the nation.lets not be confused by these naysayers,they will keep painting it so bad to undermean this new government but we know their plan, their wailing has only been geared up .
President Tinubu is here to serve us all,and we will see the good results in no later .
I'm curious, how is this meant for the good of the masses? Nigerians don't have constant electricity, many are underpaid at work so how will a policy like this favour people?

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by chidiokay: 11:23am On May 30, 2023
COMPAQ:

Which alternative does diesel have? Can a lorry drive with petrol? Can a kerosene stove suddenly use gas?

If you say the person with kerosene stove should go and buy gas cooker then you should go and buy electric car?

My friend was using Diesel plant for his business before, when diesel skyrocket, he switched to Generators using petrol,

Not all trucks run on diesel, there are trucks that run on petrol, besides the market size for Diesel is very small compared to PmS, why else would you think govt remove subsidy on diesel & kerosene and there was no public uproar.
Most household now uses gas cylinder no matter how small, that is why one of the trending Smes in Nig. is selling gas retail

Most logistic business find alternative in trucks and vans that run on petrol as alternative, moreover it is cheaper and commonly available.
Petrol is the last bus stop, no alternative for both manufacturers, businesses,transporters & household cos anything solar is fvcking expensive
Next time try to be reasonable, how can electric car be an alternative to stove, at your age

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by Electorate: 11:26am On May 30, 2023
HacheNoire:
It’s a sacrifice we must all make. No going back!

The amount that has been siphoned through that program is enormous.

What should be on the table is the how funds will be channeled into programs and infrastructures that will cushion effect.

You are already used to suffering na, so defend Tinubu while you continue suffering. would you have said this if it wasn't your candidate in power? nonesense.
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by Corrections: 11:27am On May 30, 2023
ogaontop:

Even at that bro, going by the official CBN rate the price of fuel in Saudi should be around 287-288 naira with a minimum wage of more than 500,000 naira, what is our minimum wage here?

Can you imagine ? they keep wasting destinies in this country and some ignorant people keep supporting them.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by nairalanda1(m): 11:29am On May 30, 2023
LikeAking:

It doesn't work that way...

Check other oil producing countries fuel prices, it's very cheap..

Very, very cheap..

Oil producing countries have cheaper prices for their citizens.

No allow sentiment here, it involves your own future.

1.Yes some oil producers have 'cheap' prices...but..

2.Venezuela : fuel costs N40 per liter. They also have a large debt, lose at least $18 billion dollars to smuggling every year, and their 900000 barrel per day refinery is now at 100000 barrels per day.

3.Iran has fuel at a low price. They also have a very large debt per capita that makes our own look like chicken feed.

4.Saudi and UAE have 'cheap' oil...though higher than ours....but in the former's case, they produce 10 times as much oil as we do, for a popilation that is one fifth of ours, while UAE produces 2 times as much fuel for a population that is one tenth of ours.

If we want cheap fuel, either we have a population less than 5 million, and oil production stays the same, or we all pay tax at higher rates to fund the oil subsidy.
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by isArray: 11:29am On May 30, 2023
Electorate:

You are already used to suffering na, so defend Tinubu while you continue suffering. would you have said this if it wasn't your candidate in power? nonesense.
The elites/political class don't even suffer with Nigerians, I don't know why Nigerians don't like to hold their leaders accountable, he/she is their to serve the people
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by nairalanda1(m): 11:30am On May 30, 2023
COMPAQ:

I pity your generation if your are this unknowledgeable. America is probably in the top three of oil producing nations in the world. In fact during their shale boom before covid, America was actually the largest producer of crude oil in the world!!

Lots of people don't know that...even myself until a few years ago did not know that, until I checked it up.
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by double3(m): 11:31am On May 30, 2023
michlins:
say that subsidy is gone, what are the guarantee that the savings from it won't be siphoned again?

The government is making the masses pay for her deliquesces and kleptomania acts
Exactly my thoughts, I keep asking what development has been done with funds generated by removal of diesel subsidy years ago.
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by 43Ronin: 11:38am On May 30, 2023
callmevirus:
Please I won't let ignorance kill me

What is removal of subsidy?

Is there any advantage on removal of fuel subsidy?

Please I need someone to enlighten me
you asked the right question. many of the fools littering the tread with fuel will be sold at international prices so it would not be cheap are just APC paid senseless goons. Subsidy is given to importers of fuel. it covers their shipping and landing cost.... and the shipping and landing cost accounts for about 70% of the price of the petrol when it get to nigeria. Now if we had enough refineries, there would be no need to pay shipping cost cos we are not carrying our crude anywhere to refine. so fueling as a by-product of crude would be very cheap in Nigeria. Now those saying fuel will still be expensive even with all the refineries because nnpc will sell crude oil at international prices are liars and govt sponsored officials because why ournown thing go costly for us?. look at this example - one small tuber of naija Yam is sold in some stores in yankee from $4-$6, since that is the international price of a tuber of yam why are we not buying a tuber of yam for 4k or 6k in naija? tha is because we don't need to pay custom duties, landing cost because na for our yard e dey grow same with fuel. They are only pushing the fuel will still be expensive narrative cos they want to make dangote a Monopoly in the market so that they can also loot....

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by 828Stony: 11:42am On May 30, 2023
HacheNoire:

Is their a scarcity? No, just panic buying.
Unsubsidized importation is still valid.

And what makes you even think fuel will be cheaper if all refineries are working? it won’t reduce price below the 250 Naira/liter.

It’s right time to get subsidy off our back. Such funds can be channeled towards into other befitting economic courses.

well guess what you forgot? The best time to remove the subsidy was during Jonathan regime when he attempted it, but your godfather and all the zombies like you,rallied against him, and of course your godfather was one of the beneficiaries of subsidy payments. I will always say “The problem of Nigeria is caused by fools like you who are the majority”,, you are comparing Saudi without bothering to check their standard of living and level of infrastructural development and citizens social welfare,, removing subsidy in Nigeria will only make more money available for looting and we both know Asiwaju will fail to keep corruption in check just like Buhari failed.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by famology(m): 11:43am On May 30, 2023
Wicked marketers
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by callmevirus(m): 11:48am On May 30, 2023
43Ronin:

you asked the right question. many of the fools littering the tread with fuel will be sold at international prices so it would not be cheap are just APC paid senseless goons. Subsidy is given to importers of fuel. it covers their shipping and landing cost.... and the shipping and landing cost accounts for about 70% of the price of the petrol when it get to nigeria. Now if we had enough refineries, there would be no need to pay shipping cost cos we are not carrying our crude anywhere to refine. so fueling as a by-product of crude would be very cheap in Nigeria. Now those saying fuel will still be expensive even with all the refineries because nnpc will sell crude oil at international prices are liars and govt sponsored officials because why ournown thing go costly for us?. look at this example - one small tuber of naija Yam is sold in some stores in yankee from $4-$6, since that is the international price of a tuber of yam why are we not buying a tuber of yam for 4k or 6k in naija? tha is because we don't need to pay custom duties, landing cost because na for our yard e dey grow same with fuel. They are only pushing the fuel will still be expensive narrative cos they want to make dangote a Monopoly in the market so that they can also loot....

Oh thanks bro
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by Realguyman1(m): 11:49am On May 30, 2023
Psady:
Any policy meant for the good of the masses is a welcome idea, if we like let's keep suffering ourselves by inflating the prices of goods and commodities for our selfish interest.This new government is here to work,before a new elected official will implement a policy on assumption of office,it's crystal clear he has a clear study of the good impacts on the nation.lets not be confused by these naysayers,they will keep painting it so bad to undermean this new government but we know their plan, their wailing has only been geared up .
President Tinubu is here to serve us all,and we will see the good results in no later .
That was what most of u said about Buhari when he closed the Nigeria border and increase crude price back then in 2015. "But till today", nothing to show for after 8yrs

Let's just hope the old man doesn't trigger jakparing mode in Nigeria by x10
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by ogaontop(m): 11:59am On May 30, 2023
COMPAQ:

Then maybe minimum wage should be the issue that you face.
Minimum wage is just an example, there are many other ways the government is obligated to them bro!
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by COMPAQ(m): 12:00pm On May 30, 2023
nairalanda1:

Lots of people don't know that...even myself until a few years ago did not know that, until I checked it up.

OK o. I take back that comment then. What annoys me about then current generation though is that all the facts are there through Google, but people argue so ignorantly here.

America is not widely recognized as n oil producer because is almost, if not fully consumes all it produces. So if news is about top 100 oil EXPORTERS, you will likely not find America there.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by COMPAQ(m): 12:16pm On May 30, 2023
43Ronin:

Your statement about shipping and landing cost being 70% of the price of petrol we pay locally is blatantly false!! I don't know what it is, but I know it can't be 70%. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it can't be more than 10 to 15%.

To ship a car to Nigeria from US is not more than $2k, yet the car might cost $20k.

And your analogy using yam is faulty. Yam is expensive in US because it's not freely imported into America. On my last 2 trips to Yankee in Dec 2022 and March 2023, I took yam both times and it was seized both times because of risk of importing pests into America. And it doesn't seem like many people grow it in sufficient quantities in America and only west Africans eat it, so maybe demand is not big enough to warrant local farming of yam.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by Goldbw122(m): 12:17pm On May 30, 2023
Is #550
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by ojelu: 12:18pm On May 30, 2023
This is general issues and why is it dat government always like to suffering masses what is fuel subsdy, when cost of government just travelling alone can feed Nigeria for six months and government is not ready to reduce cost of government. Removal of subsidy is good but no provision lay down for masses, Kaduna, Rivers refinary is nt working and don't forget dat dagote refinary is a private and am not sure dangote refinary we commence operation this year.
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by Brushstrokes20: 12:21pm On May 30, 2023
Lifeless to druggie!... Suffering renewed! cool
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by Adabestseason(m): 12:30pm On May 30, 2023
This is to show the world how wicked Nigerians are,man dominating man to his injury,bunch of corrupt and dubious men and women.J
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by zinaunreal(m): 12:48pm On May 30, 2023
lomprico:

Why are our refineries not working in the first place?

Corruption
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by benjaminlawson(m): 1:03pm On May 30, 2023
HacheNoire:
It’s a sacrifice we must all make. No going back!

The amount that has been siphoned through that program is enormous.

What should be on the table is the how funds will be channeled into programs and infrastructures that will cushion effect.

You people are you in your right senses, the amount being siphoned is much, is that a sensible argument, so they cannot trace those people arrest them and collect back our money, so those people are untouchable but masses must sacrifice and face hardship. Tinubi, oju ti yo ba bani kale, ki ti aro yo ipin oo
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by a4cube: 1:37pm On May 30, 2023
Orbhagbemi555:

We're already ruling on agulu 😁😄😄
And Queuing from Iri Gbaji.😄😃😀 while we are balling in around the Globe.
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by ufotunang: 1:59pm On May 30, 2023
eliyke:
Refinery wey Neva ready wey buhari run go commission,my brother wey dey wrk Dere say e no sure say dat thing go even wrk dis year, fertilizer own sef wey Dem don commission since we never hear anything since then
....so Dangote fertilizer refinery is not working?
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by ufotunang: 2:00pm On May 30, 2023
Nawaoooo... suffering continues...from fire pan to fire
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by ufotunang: 2:06pm On May 30, 2023
And this is the renewed hope they promised nigerians.. nawaoooo
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by gannod(m): 2:07pm On May 30, 2023
GoodofNaija:

That is why it was wrong to come on first day to say i remove fuel subsidy without looking at the multiple consequences. Thats y a wise person up there is saying he should get his team to assess the situation before just talking like it as simple as ABC.

Anyway he knows he got zombies like you on his side! I will be waiting for your stories after 4 years. grin

grin grin grin
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by eliyke(m): 2:29pm On May 30, 2023
ufotunang:
....so Dangote fertilizer refinery is not working?
u don c d product,or advert about am?
Re: Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return by TheAdvocate(m): 2:32pm On May 30, 2023
N450 here in Jos on the outskirts of town. No fueling station is open within Jos-Bukuru Metropolis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan's Mother's Funeral (Pictures) / Oby Ezekwesili Celebrates Her Husband On His Birthday Today / Wike Will Fall Like Fayose – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.