Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) (28359 Views)

Rivers Youths Pull Down Wike Billboards In Port Harcourt (Video) / Wike Gifts A Little Boy A Bundle Of Naira Notes In Port Harcourt (Video) / Street Poll: They Don't Know Who Kwankwaso Is In Port Harcourt? (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by dessey(m): 1:57pm On May 30, 2023
Wike Wike Wike how many times did I call you,
Can you see what it takes to rub someone of his mandate? The people need Obi/Datti you and inec said no, you see ya self now grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by Bouncin(m): 1:58pm On May 30, 2023
I will never pity any Nigerian. We deserve all that we see grin

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by Nightwolf1: 1:59pm On May 30, 2023
Where is Nyesom Wike the election rigger to sell fuel to Jagaban praise singers in PH @ #250 per litre? Reality has set in. grin grin grin

Wike can never be poor in his life. those ones who collected 2k to vote for mad people should brace up for the challenge.

The time has come.🤣🤣
I have shut down the filling station in my custody pending when there is market stability.

4 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by DonBenny77(m): 2:00pm On May 30, 2023
hisexcellency34:
Nigerians are evil to themselves. Immediately the new president made the announcement, all the fuel stations changed their prices
But he said its gone
Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by Brushstrokes20: 2:00pm On May 30, 2023
# the shithole from fry pan to fire!
Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by lexy2014: 2:01pm On May 30, 2023
Nahunger:
Nigerians are naturally wicked to themselves.
If only this useless agencies like CPPC, SON were doing there jobs all this rubbish will end, how can a country not have a price regulating body.

Nahunger cause am
Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by Linuxdomains: 2:02pm On May 30, 2023
Abeg how do I remove this ads at the top of my screen?
Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by DonBenny77(m): 2:02pm On May 30, 2023
LeoDeKing:
cheesy
The prezzy said it's gone, so they had to take it away I guess he thought he was still campaigning
grin

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by Orbhagbemi555: 2:03pm On May 30, 2023
nnadychuks:
Omnia causas fiunt- Everything happens for a reason.
I’m not a fan on Tinubu, but I’m forced to believe this removal of fuel subsidy is only to favor Dangote and those who will benefit from it. Dangote was never going to operate his refinery with subsidy, otherwise he would go broke.
That said, if you’re among those who voted PBAT, don’t feel guilty he imposed subsidy removal, feel guilty because he did so to favor a single individual.
Gibberish

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by Nahunger(m): 2:03pm On May 30, 2023
lexy2014:

Nahunger cause am

😮😮
Are you saying it's my fault 🥲
Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by keymatt(m): 2:04pm On May 30, 2023
It's a lie there's no fuel que anywhere. Supporters of mandate thieves are currently buying fuel ⛽ at N70 per liter.
grin

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by smasher1(m): 2:04pm On May 30, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:
The good thing about this start, it can't get any worse from here.

Don't be too sure. It would definitely spiral to other sectors of the economy negatively over time.
Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by dbestuncle: 2:05pm On May 30, 2023
hisexcellency34:
Nigerians are evil to themselves. Immediately the new president made the announcement, all the fuel stations changed their prices
This thing we do to ourselves is wrong. See this attitude you see is how humans are wired and it only becomes a naija thing or black man issue because our own leaders like to always put the cart before the horse. I bet you that the difference in the so-called civilized world is that they will prepare the citizens for this take up and that includes the ensuring that all stakeholders are carried along and relevant agency of Govt to enforce compliant.
Such is what is missing here no wonder everyone behaves like they are in a jungle.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by keymatt(m): 2:06pm On May 30, 2023
Nightwolf1:
Where is Nyesom Wike the election rigger to sell fuel to Jagaban praise singers in PH @ #250 per litre? Reality has set in. grin grin grin

Wike can never be poor in his life. those ones who collected 2k to vote for mad people should brace up for the challenge.

The time has come.🤣🤣
I have shut down the filling station in my custody pending when there is market stability.
Even as a temporary President, Tinubu is already on his way to becoming the worst president that ever emerge out of Africa. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by lebron7(m): 2:06pm On May 30, 2023
nnadychuks:
I’m not a fan on Tinubu, but I’m forced to believe this removal of fuel subsidy is only to favor Dangote and those who will benefit from it. Dangote was never going to operate his refinery with subsidy, otherwise he would go broke.
That said, if you’re among those who voted PBAT, don’t feel guilty he imposed subsidy removal, feel guilty because he did so to favor a single individual.
What are you even saying
'Dangote was never going to operate his refinery with subsidy, otherwise he would go broke.'
Do you even know what subsidy is?
Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by lexy2014: 2:06pm On May 30, 2023
Nahunger:

😮😮
Are you saying it's my fault 🥲

😂😂😂 I no know say na you be hunger😄😄no vex

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by Swipa: 2:07pm On May 30, 2023
I think it's really interesting that nairaland is a faceless forum. You really may not know the type of people that are here. We found out that Oloye Alabi and Invictus Obi were here. Maybe otedola is reading this. Who knows?
Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by Samogloby: 2:07pm On May 30, 2023
Tinubu English meaning is "calamity"

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by pacesetting: 2:07pm On May 30, 2023
We keep regurgitating the same thing every time. Why do you think it can't get any worse than this? Any good reason?
TheLoneCitizen:
The good thing about this start, it can't get any worse from here.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by InvertedHammer: 2:08pm On May 30, 2023
/
The simple trick to survive in Nigeria: Make sure you and your immediate family dey alright financially.

If they like, let them elect a penguin as President out of spite, the impact no go too reach your side.

I hope those mocking those who didn't win dey go Aso Rock collect fuel at N100/liter grin grin grin
/

11 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by Dafresh: 2:09pm On May 30, 2023
xtocom:
grin grin This na normal queue for Jos NNPC since last year na.
Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by oloriooko(m): 2:09pm On May 30, 2023
what are the regulatory bodies doing? is it BAT that will go on the streets ensuring stations dispense fuel? why are this wicked and unprofessional
Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by airsaylongcome: 2:11pm On May 30, 2023
finallybusy:
Cue the complaints because that is all Nairalanders know how to do.

I’m one of the minority who believe fuel should be 1k per litre. Nigerians should be encouraged to commute using bicycles.

This opens the opportunity for Dangote to crash prices due to Nigeria finally refining its raw material. What a shame. Sixty-three years before the country did the needful.

So let's assume we all start cycling, how do we power our homes? Most of the petrol consumption goes towards powering small generating sets for electricity. I switched from Generator and NEPA to Solar, NEPA, Generator and my petrol consumption crashed. BUT it cost an unbelievable amount to install solar. Let's not talk about the battery costs which will forever remain high. I agree that subsidy needs to go, but not before they fix the issue that drives high petrol demand, absence of electricity. And as has been proven by the last regime, which suggestes that a serious government would fix power issues in 6 months, the issue of power outages is intractable. NO NIGERIAN administration can solve that issue. It's not me being negative about my country. It's a fact of life. Powerful forces profit from power outages and petrol subsidy. And they will do anything to ensure that we have a deficit in both

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by Saao(m): 2:14pm On May 30, 2023
hisexcellency34:
they are business people so u can't blame them. The person you should blame is the President that made the announcement without due consultations with the critical stakeholders. As it is, ordinary Nigeria will suffer for it. We don't know how long this one will last.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by CodeTemplar: 2:14pm On May 30, 2023
nnadychuks:
Stop talking ignorantly. Dangote is just a refiner like those FG is currently buying from. It is just a matter of buying at open market price from Dangote and reselling to Nigerians at the subsidized rate.
Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by nnadychuks(m): 2:15pm On May 30, 2023
Brush1:
We are our own problem . Same fuel gotten at a subsidised rate . We need to refine here.
savcy:
Amazing the way Nigerians are capable of sabotaging themselves for cheap profit. Same product, same product cost at the depot, but different selling price. We have a long way to go as a country.
Ok let’s use your logic.
You own a fuel station and buy 10k liters at a subsidized rate of #200 per liter (2,000,000)hoping to sell at 220-240 (2,200,000-2,400,000 total revenue).
The problem with u as the manager now is that the new president had removed subsidy meaning it could be sold above #300 from your next purchase.
Now check: your previous predicted revenue generated is 2.4mil max, and the present predicted cost price is 3mil min…
As someone who at least studied basic economics in secondary school, do you sell at the same 240 u were selling before, or try to meet up with the current cost price?

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by matm: 2:15pm On May 30, 2023
Transport fare is rising and this will in turn sky rocket prices of everything leading to mass suffering and hardship.
Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by airsaylongcome: 2:15pm On May 30, 2023
Metrofox:
grin no common sense, to work as a single group amongst the black race, little wonder the Europeans were able to plunder with divide and rule. You have a bad road leading to your house and everybody on the street starts buying suvs and jeep instead of thinking of a great one time fix. Exact same psychology.

Have you ever tried to fix roads in this country? From your personal funds? You will be shocked to find out that you need government approval to do so. And people within the government will demand huge bribes for that. So if you had say a billion to fix the road, with bribes it will cost you 3bn. And that doesn't include the cost of maintaining and keeping the roads motorable after they have been built. Any rational person would rather go for the cheaper option of buying an SUV instead of spending an endless amount of money bribing government officials

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by Angelfrost(m): 2:16pm On May 30, 2023
Metrofox:
grin no common sense, to work as a single group amongst the black race, little wonder the Europeans were able to plunder with divide and rule. You have a bad road leading to your house and everybody on the street starts buying suvs and jeep instead of thinking of a great one time fix. Exact same psychology.

The perfect and tragic summary of the general mentality of average African Negroes!

No sense of duty, civic responsibility, or corporate social responsibility! It's always about getting ahead of your fellow man!

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures) by Cyberterror: 2:16pm On May 30, 2023
In the north, prices are stable. Those with stock are selling at same prices as two days ago. It is only in the south that wickedness is running amok, greedy businesses owned by "christians" are hoarding and doubling prices so that they can give tithe and do thanksgiving on Sunday.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sule Lamido, Sons Arrive Abuja Court / Omojuwa Mocks Sheriff, PDP Chairman / "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.