Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies (54605 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Not Take Immediate Effect Till End Of June – Tinubu / BVAS: Why Osun Tribunal Judgement Will Effect Tinubu / It Was A Slip Of Tongue - Tinubu Clarifies Gaffe At Kadinvest 7.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by fartkay(m): 5:21am On May 31, 2023
Deemas:

You can go to the filling station with your broom to buy fuel at 87 naira/litre. Shege dan za kawai, keep quiet.

Wether you like it or not
Carry broom, umbrella,or pack the family.

Subsidy is gone
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by fartkay(m): 5:23am On May 31, 2023
ayoplenty:
Don't bother yourself explaining to anyone, many of them will call you names and blame every one for their ignorance.

They are haters of good things
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by MrBlock: 6:20am On May 31, 2023
Chidolalar:

So if d subsidy ends in June, will d present high price of fuel stop or continue?

A supplementary budget was presented to the house by Buhari but it has not been passed.
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by shonepa(m): 6:31am On May 31, 2023
Careless statement? So u among d people supporting the fuel marketers increasing the price of fuel?

Nigerians don spoil finish, make 80% no fit understand simple statement. I trip.

Ezeama400:
Always saying stupid things at the sight of microphone without reasoning, subjecting Nigerians to unnecessary suffering..

See how his careless statement pushed Nigerians to hardship since morning ...

His handlers should advice this drug addict to seek their opinion before making a public statement..

All in a bid to sound as a decisive leader of agboros, he ended up embarrassing himself with subsidy talk...

Only a confused clown speaks without direction !

Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Fuckyoumod: 6:40am On May 31, 2023
Octopusssy:
Confusion everywhere. Nigerians brace yourselves for tough days ahead because we are our own worst enemies. See the speed at which these hopeless marketers and filling stations began hoarding fuel. Before we blame the government, let us look inwards. Nigerians are terrible and greedy.

The problem now is will marketers and filling stations comply? Some are already selling as high as 500/L in Lagos.
let's learn to direct and identify our problems.

In economics, there are market forces, economic dynamics. As a president, a single word from you is capable of skyrocketing prices or lowering prices.

As a sensible president you don't create fear, confusion and uncertainties in Economic dynamics. Tinubu created uncertainty, fear, lack of direction and confusion.

Now see the ripple effect....
This is how economics works.

Last last the money meant for subsidy will still end up in there fat pockets.

So why should an ordinary Nigerian celebrate subsidy removal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by ozolity(m): 6:50am On May 31, 2023
Starpotter:

https://www.thecable.ng/subsidy-removal-not-immediate-tinubus-media-team-asks-nigerians-to-stop-panic-buying/amp

Another era, where there will be another press release to explain the president's press release. I thought this era ended with Bubu
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by bignero: 7:31am On May 31, 2023
MrBiGGEST:
just reading through the comments.
Òmo obidients daft sha🤦🏾‍♂️💔

At least keep your sentiments aside and
see for once, it's almost as if you pple are blinded by hatred & sentiments only.

Your useless mother is daft ooo

So its obidients that are wailing?.. If this high no of people are wailing, then there's no way your cocaine sniffing father won the election..

When bulablue is done with you, that your cock swallowing LovePeddler of a woman, you call mama, would have been better for her to have aborted you in that her gutter she calls toto
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Octopusssy(f): 7:56am On May 31, 2023
Fuckyoumod:
let's learn to direct and identify our problems.

In economics, there are market forces, economic dynamics. As a president, a single word from you is capable of skyrocketing prices or lowering prices.

As a sensible president you don't create fear, confusion and uncertainties in Economic dynamics. Tinubu created uncertainty, fear, lack of direction and confusion.

Now see the ripple effect....
This is how economics works.

Last last the money meant for subsidy will still end up in there fat pockets.

So why should an ordinary Nigerian celebrate subsidy removal?
And the painful thing is they are making useless statements upandan without making any constructive moves to curb the damage and bring the situation under control. We are at the mercy of these marketers. No single protection.

See, they don't care about you and I. They are all about the power. They don't care.
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by J2381: 8:01am On May 31, 2023
Octopusssy:

And the painful thing is they are making useless statements upandan without making any constructive moves to curb the damage and bring the situation under control. We are at the mercy of these marketers. No single protection.

See, they don't care about you and I. They are all about the power. They don't care.
there are agencies put in place to prevent the nonsense going on. The thing is, these agencies are corrupt to the brim. They actually don't need the president's say so before they swing to action, they're busy collecting bribes from these filling station managers.

It's just a shame. By now DPR should have swung into action and start dealing with these filing stations, but no. Look at what is happening with the DSS and EFCC, despite the president's say so that the DSS should vacate that premises, they're still adamant.

The truth is, we are a very despicable set if people. Sometimes I even wonder if many of us are human.
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Octopusssy(f): 8:04am On May 31, 2023
J2381:
there are agencies put in place to prevent the nonsense going on. The thing is, these agencies are corrupt to the brim. They actually don't need the president's say so before they swing to action, they're busy collecting bribes from these filling station managers.

It's just a shame. By now DPR should have swung into action and start dealing with these filing stations, but no. Look at what is happening with the DSS and EFCC, despite the president's say so that the DSS should vacate that premises, they're still adamant.

The truth is, we are a very despicable set if people. Sometimes I even wonder if many of us are human.
We are in an era of impunity but everyone is too busy supporting candidates instead like zombies. See, J, I'm done with Nigeria.
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Ijaya123: 8:28am On May 31, 2023
Chidolalar:

Ok. So if tinubu does not provide budget for d removal of fuel subsidy after June 31st, den it means d high price will still continue?
And If buhari made provision for it till d end of June 31st, den how come d sudden Hike in fuel price?

Yes, to the first question.
To the second question, it is artificial scarcity by the petrol stations which has now resulted into panic buying, hence the increase in the price.
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Agboogashi: 8:59am On May 31, 2023
The very first misstep. The end of misery in the zoo is far.
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by chysam: 9:37am On May 31, 2023
Behold your *Rigsident*

Incoherence activated
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Donedeal1(m): 9:50am On May 31, 2023
Next is dollars dual rate.
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by J2381: 10:59am On May 31, 2023
Octopusssy:

We are in an era of impunity but everyone is too busy supporting candidates instead like zombies. See, J, I'm done with Nigeria.
Ah! Don't tell me you're seriously thinking of japaing? 😁
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Octopusssy(f): 11:12am On May 31, 2023
J2381:
Ah! Don't tell me you're seriously thinking of japaing? 😁
Eye don red o. If i see way I move angry
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by gare(f): 11:13am On May 31, 2023
Ezeama400:
Always saying stupid things at the sight of microphone without reasoning, subjecting Nigerians to unnecessary suffering..

See how his careless statement pushed Nigerians to hardship since morning ...

His handlers should advice this drug addict to seek their opinion before making a public statement..

All in a bid to sound as a decisive leader of agboros, he ended up embarrassing himself with subsidy talk...

Only a confused clown speaks without direction !

the Guy tire me which kind problem be this, this are the same people that have being in power for the past 16yrs they have not done anything better why do you think they will start today, ok Make we manage the guy see wahala.
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Kay25(m): 11:41am On May 31, 2023
Chidolalar:

What do u mean by subsidy is a scam in this country?
Money collected by individuals who really has nothing doing with crude oil is what?
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Olaideolayemi(m): 12:29pm On May 31, 2023
hkidola00:
agbado defender spotted,e no go better for all of una
please look face before posting trash next time..Make your comments and go.. saying trashed on someone opinions is madness..
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Chidolalar: 12:44pm On May 31, 2023
Kay25:

Money collected by individuals who really has nothing doing with crude oil is what?

Ok u mean those individuals who are collecting dat money are still government in disguise?
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Chidolalar: 12:57pm On May 31, 2023
Ijaya123:

Yes, to the first question.
To the second question, it is artificial scarcity by the petrol stations which has now resulted into panic buying, hence the increase in the price.

Ok.
D greedy Nigerians took advantage to hike d price of fuel after d misinformation from tinubu during his inauguration that d fuel subsidy is gone.
For me I still feel those individuals or agency that are increasing d price of fuel are still d government in disguise to enrich their personal pocket
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Ijaya123: 1:04pm On May 31, 2023
Chidolalar:

Ok.
D greedy Nigerians took advantage to hike d price of fuel after d misinformation from tinubu during his inauguration that d fuel subsidy is gone.
For me I still feel those individuals or agency that are increasing d price of fuel are still d government in disguise to enrich their personal pocket

Government doesn’t own any petrol stations. They are private individuals.
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by ShaqFu: 1:14pm On May 31, 2023
Octopusssy:

Eye don red o. If i see way I move angry
hmm. I wish I can say "it is well" because frankly, it isn't.
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Chidolalar: 1:24pm On May 31, 2023
Ijaya123:

Government doesn’t own any petrol stations. They are private individuals.

Believe Nigeria government at your own peril
U just can never trust Nigerian government at all at all
Contrary to dat, d most painful thing is dat d hike of fuel price will still continue even after tinubu has come out to clarify his first statement
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by hylyne(m): 1:35pm On May 31, 2023
He is quick to please Nigerians as he is aware he is not people's choice, but INEC's..
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by MrBiGGEST(m): 1:42pm On May 31, 2023
bignero:

Your useless mother is daft ooo

So its obidients that are wailing?.. If this high no of people are wailing, then there's no way your cocaine sniffing father won the election..

When bulablue is done with you, that your cock swallowing LovePeddler of a woman, you call mama, would have been better for her to have aborted you in that her gutter she calls toto
Stf up😒 dumb mtfker.

You can't even make a point, carry your bitterness out of my mention
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Ijaya123: 2:43pm On May 31, 2023
Chidolalar:

Believe Nigeria government at your own peril
U just can never trust Nigerian government at all at all
Contrary to dat, d most painful thing is dat d hike of fuel price will still continue even after tinubu has come out to clarify his first statement

This is not about government but about greedy individuals. All petrol stations, including NNPC stations are own by private individuals.
Nigerians are the problem of Nigerians.
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Chidolalar: 2:48pm On May 31, 2023
Ijaya123:

This is not about government but about greedy individuals. All petrol stations, including NNPC stations are own by private individuals.
Nigerians are the problem of Nigerians.

Well said. But I just can't trust Nigerian government. Never!!
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 31, 2023
Ajagunakin:

E pain am!

Peter Obi will never ever! be president of federal republic of Nigeria. Now wail!

Peter Obi is one of the reason PBAT is there today.
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Primusinterpares(m): 4:56pm On May 31, 2023
The effects of your words are immediate
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Truthshscrazy: 11:44am On Jun 01, 2023
jmoore:
Medicine after death
cool
Re: Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
solmusdesigns:
Awon oloriburuku wailers don enter thread
They are above wailing in severe pain

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo / Kano Obidients Mount Billboard For Peter Obi Ahead Of His Birthday Celebration / FG Begins Cash Transfer To 200,000 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.