Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging (43898 Views)

Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment / Court Sentences Rahmon Adedoyin To Death By Hanging Over Adegoke's Murder / Court To Adedoyin, Others: You Have To Answer For Timothy Adegoke's Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by jimcaddy(m): 12:57am On May 31, 2023
But what was the motive behind the murder, it hasn't still been explained. Why was that OAU student killed? And what made him to lodge in the hotel of Dr. How was he related to Dr Rahman. The courts have not given us full gist.

2 Likes

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Chidolalar: 1:17am On May 31, 2023
Sltp:
Is it death by hanging or 10 years? The report is unclear

Exactly d first report said death by hanging and now d second stated death in 10 years imprisonment
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Chidolalar: 1:38am On May 31, 2023
abidem4real:

It is both. Judgement was passed on different counts of allegations. Both judgements are going to run concurrently.

How can 10 years imprisonment and death by hanging run happen concurrently i.e at d same time?
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Chidolalar: 1:43am On May 31, 2023
Abdulmumin412:

Both.

How can both happen at d same time?
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Chidolalar: 1:53am On May 31, 2023
faceLAGOS:

You are very right!

There was a time they had to threaten the man with a court order to stop him from continuing to “torchlight” the case.

Kudos to the man for his courage, resilience & support for the deceased family.

Also the younger brother of the deceased.

I was just thinking about the matter, couple of days ago, wondering if justice will ever be delivered or they have bribed the family & swept the matter under carpet.

I’m so happy justice finally prevailed for the deceased family.

Who was threatening d man with a court order?
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by dalaman: 2:22am On May 31, 2023
gabbasin:
This judgement can't stand on appeal because from the fact of the case there's no evidence linking Adedoyin to the death of Adegoke. The judgement is just not to go against public opinion as he has already been convicted in the court of public opinion. Our judges should be courageous enough to give judgements based on facts and not sentiments even if their judgements will go contrary to expectations of the large sections of the public. Same happened in Akure when the prophet of a church popularly known as Sotitobire was convicted for having a hand in the disappearance of a boy in his church without concrete evidence. The conviction expectedly was overturned on appeal as the public had already believed he was involved leading to his Church being torched and vandalised. Adedoyin's conviction is influenced by the mob

Someone said there's a CCTV of him on the murder scene qith his son and others. They invaded the room and brought out the man's corpse according to the guy who made the allegations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Caseless: 2:59am On May 31, 2023
Laple0541:
To learn a proprietor of a private University and a polytechnic got involved in rituals with his level of education and exposure is sickening, but in Nigeria, anything can happen.

It's sad this man will end his life like this, I recall my days in OAU, whenever I visited his then Ife Polytechnic on Fridays to pray, he was always in class teaching then joined the prayer later, how come someone of that nature couldn't be contented with what God had done for him?

I laud the judiciary on this bold judgment and pray God grant the innocent Timothy eternal rest.
you have the full judgement? I've even forgotten the case. Was it not a case of someone dying in his hotel and them trying to evacuate the body and dumping it? Was there evidence that they killed him for rituals?
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Chidolalar: 3:09am On May 31, 2023
dalaman:

Someone said there's a CCTV of him on the murder scene qith his son and others. They invaded the room and brought out the man's corpse according to the guy who made the allegations.

How can they have access to d corpse when d perpetrators have moved it out?
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by dalaman: 3:12am On May 31, 2023
Chidolalar:

How can they have access to d corpse when d perpetrators have moved it out?

When they killed him, they moved his corpse out and it was captured by CCTV.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Gajagojo: 3:30am On May 31, 2023
Sltp:
Is it death by hanging or 10 years? The report is unclear
I think is by snake bite
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by seunayantokun(m): 4:49am On May 31, 2023
Angel55555:

Not really, the prosecution must prove beyond all reasonable doubt that she's guilty of the offence of murder. Murder cases take more time compared to other criminal offences.

This one here no pass 2 years o. Happened November 2021.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Passionnn: 5:00am On May 31, 2023
AntiChristian:
Appeal go dey?

And will the dancing Governor sign make them yamutu am?
Before nko?
As death sentence involved and Dem get money, Dem must appeal sharp sharp
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by seunayantokun(m): 5:03am On May 31, 2023
Kazeemabiodun:
thank you God bless you the children of oriyomi are gullible people
If you and gabbasin have chosen the path of falsehood for interests best known to you, you too have to prepare for God's judgement. On my part, I'd advise you to appeal on Adedoyin's behalf and provide your evidence to back up your position. Okay?

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Adebowalay(m): 6:37am On May 31, 2023
felong:
Yourbas and ritual murder. Na wa o.
u don't need that statement bro, a matured mind would not spread hate...you are a bastard and u no go die beta
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by faceLAGOS: 6:39am On May 31, 2023
Chidolalar:

Who was threatening d man with a court order?

Lawyers from adedoyin.

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by hotspec(m): 6:48am On May 31, 2023
Chidolalar:

How can both happen at d same time?
in law, conspiracy to commit a crime is a crime on its own. Attempt to commit the crime us another crime. Actual carrying outof the crime is another crime. Each carries different sentences.

For instance, is someone plans with others to commit arm robbery, that's conspiracy to commit arm robbery. If they go ahead and attempt to snatch a car, that's attempted robbery. If they actually snatched d vehicle, that's armed robbery. So each of the three counts carried different sentences. If a life was lost during d robbery, that's murder which is another offence, punished by death by hanging.

In the case of Adedoyin, the court found out that it was a premeditated murder among many parties. That's where conspiracy to commit murder sets in which is 10 years imprisonment. Committing the murder itslwf is another count which is punished by death by hanging. Other counts include destruction of evidence (CCTV footage, receipt issued to the late Adegoke); administering of extra judial oath, improper disposition of the corpse etc. That's why the court ruled that the hilux can used for the improper evacuation be forfeited to the state etc. There's one of the hotel staff who was caught in another town in possession of the deceased phone, that's another count against the person which shall be sentenced accordingly. And also some of the staff were discharged and acquainted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by shotuns: 6:54am On May 31, 2023
Oriyomi Hamzat was threatened never to air the programne on his page even was arrested by police or DSS from Ibadan to Abuja. A video of his arrest was posted online, someone took a video from a car that fiollowed the police to the airport.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by faceLAGOS: 6:56am On May 31, 2023
Again, I’m so happy just finally prevailed!
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by karmaolu1(m): 7:47am On May 31, 2023
Hmm. Bully the bullies
All is bully
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by DOptical: 9:09am On May 31, 2023
dalaman:

Why didn't the CCTV capture when they killed him but only when they were removing the corpse? Where's the CCTV? We wanna watch it, not just hearsay.

What did the autopsy say exactly?

I need all the details on this. I wasn't even aware of it until now. It shouldn't be a case of someone who was scared after discovering a man died in his hotel thus quickly removed the dead body from his hotel to avoid bad publicity. I mean we've seen cases of such. I heard the man has chain of schools and enterprises, even in abroad. He's too enlightened and has business that fetch him money than to involve in money ritual. I remembered a case of someone dieing in Cubaanaa's hotel few years ago and we all knew it wasn't money ritual stuff because he's got business that fetch him money in the first place. it could be the same situation with this guy. I also heard he had tussle with the king who doesn't like him, even before all these things happened to him.. I hope It ain't a set up job..

That being said, if he's indeed culpable in the whole thing, he should get the full brunt of the law, alongside the herbalists who assisted him..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by dalaman: 9:13am On May 31, 2023
DOptical:

Why didn't the CCTV capture when they killed him but only when they were removing the corpse? Where's the CCTV? We wanna watch it, not just hearsay.

What did the autopsy say exactly?

I need all the details on this. I wasn't even aware of it until now. It shouldn't be a case of someone who was scared after discovering a man died in his hotel thus quickly removed the dead body from his hotel. I mean we've seen cases of such. I heard the man has chain of schools and enterprise even in abroad. He's too enlightened and has business that fetch him money than to involve in money ritual. I remembered a case of someone dieing in Cubana's hotel few years ago and we all knew it wasn't money ritual stuff because he's got business that fetch him money in the first place. it could be the same situation with this guy. I also heard he had tussle with the king who doesn't like him, even before all these things happened to him.. I hope It ain't a set up job..

That being said, if he's indeed culpable in the whole thing, he should get the full brunt of the law, alongside the herbalists who assisted him..

I personally don't believe the money ritual part. But anytime is possible in Naija, because we always believe absurd things.

The autopsy says he had cuts on two parts of his body and bleed to death.

The CCTV is said to be confiscated by the police.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by AmazingELixir: 9:24am On May 31, 2023
cool

Wow! This is sweet ruling kudos to the judge.

Justice served.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by IamAsiri: 9:26am On May 31, 2023
Pickmycall:
What if the appeal court discharge him?

shocked
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by IamAsiri: 9:39am On May 31, 2023
Chidolalar:

How can 10 years imprisonment and death by hanging run happen concurrently i.e at d same time?

If peradventure they were killed by hanging as the judgement states, their graves will be padlocked until they have finished serving their 10 years time cool - at least that was what I heard smiley.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by DOptical: 10:19am On May 31, 2023
dalaman:

I personally don't believe the money ritual part. But anytime is possible in Naija, because we always believe absurd things.

The autopsy says he had cuts on two parts of his body and bleed to death.

The CCTV is said to be confiscated by the police.

This is the supposed autopsy, right?

https://www.nairaland.com/6901464/timothy-adegokes-two-autopsy-reports
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Bigkoko: 11:08am On May 31, 2023
News like these still make me feel there is yet hope for Nigeria. The Osun State Chief Judge, Justice Oyebola Adepele Ojo deserves to head supreme court. We need merit based judgement not technicality rhetorics.

If you do the crime, you do the term. The same way the supreme court that would finally determine the stolen mandate should give justices. If the drug baron is found culpable, together with the useless inec chair, they should forfeit theirs wealth to the state coffers.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by tabaralph: 12:23pm On May 31, 2023
silvoclaira:
I thank this beautiful Justice, OYEBOLA AYEPELE OJO for this judgement served, HOT! Well done sir/Judiciary.

Rip to late Adegoke sad and i hope his family is compensated according to the judgement of the court.

More thanks to oriyomi hamzat, he made sure the case was followed to a logical conclusion despite of all the threats and intimidation on his life, there’s hope for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by tabaralph: 12:31pm On May 31, 2023
dalaman:

Even the lady receptionist Comfirmed that ADEDOYIN and his son Raheem was culpable in the killing also the hilux Toyota that Raheem and co used in conveying the body was identified and now forfeited to the state, you can’t compare sotitobire in ondo to this man
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Rechargeam247(f): 12:38pm On May 31, 2023
The evil that men do.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Chidolalar: 1:15pm On May 31, 2023
hotspec:
in law, conspiracy to commit a crime is a crime on its own. Attempt to commit the crime us another crime. Actual carrying outof the crime is another crime. Each carries different sentences.

For instance, is someone plans with others to commit arm robbery, that's conspiracy to commit arm robbery. If they go ahead and attempt to snatch a car, that's attempted robbery. If they actually snatched d vehicle, that's armed robbery. So each of the three counts carried different sentences. If a life was lost during d robbery, that's murder which is another offence, punished by death by hanging.

In the case of Adedoyin, the court found out that it was a premeditated murder among many parties. That's where conspiracy to commit murder sets in which is 10 years imprisonment. Committing the murder itslwf is another count which is punished by death by hanging. Other counts include destruction of evidence (CCTV footage, receipt issued to the late Adegoke); administering of extra judial oath, improper disposition of the corpse etc. That's why the court ruled that the hilux can used for the improper evacuation be forfeited to the state etc. There's one of the hotel staff who was caught in another town in possession of the deceased phone, that's another count against the person which shall be sentenced accordingly. And also some of the staff were discharged and acquainted.

Very insightful of u. Did u study law?
So it means adedoyin will first serve 10 years imprisonment then after that, he will now die by hanging?

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Chidolalar: 1:20pm On May 31, 2023
faceLAGOS:

Lawyers from adedoyin.

Hmm lawyers are evil on their own.
They will know d truth but just bcuz of money from their client, they will now do all their possible means to defend their evil client
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Chidolalar: 1:31pm On May 31, 2023
dalaman:

How can d CCTV capture Dem wen d owner of d hotel is d chief culprit and when d owner of d hotel should be d one dat mounted d CCTV?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wife Hides Husband’s Dead Body Indoors For Three Years In Lagos / Robbers Attack First Bank Amaraku, In Imo (Photos) / Did I Really Rape Her? I'm Confused?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.