Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging (43847 Views)

Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment / Court Sentences Rahmon Adedoyin To Death By Hanging Over Adegoke's Murder / Court To Adedoyin, Others: You Have To Answer For Timothy Adegoke's Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by treatise: 7:27pm On May 30, 2023
silvoclaira:
I thank this beautiful Justice, OYEBOLA AYEPELE OJO for this judgement served, HOT! Well done sir/Judiciary.

Rip to late Adegoke sad and i hope his family is compensated according to the judgement of the court.

Don't be hasty to thank the judge, if the convict is a member of a major cult in the south west he'd be off the hook in no time
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by faceLAGOS: 7:28pm On May 30, 2023
Sultty:
good work to oriyomi hazmat, he's the one who brought this case to light and made sure it was not swept under the rug

You are very right!

There was a time they had to threaten the man with a court order to stop him from continuing to “torchlight” the case.

Kudos to the man for his courage, resilience & support for the deceased family.

Also the younger brother of the deceased.

I was just thinking about the matter, couple of days ago, wondering if justice will ever be delivered or they have bribed the family & swept the matter under carpet.

I’m so happy justice finally prevailed for the deceased family.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Sizwezi: 7:28pm On May 30, 2023
kingthreat:

Many others did. Nairaland did too.

I never said others didn’t contribute, for me, Gistlover did major….
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by faceLAGOS: 7:30pm On May 30, 2023
gabbasin:
This judgement can't stand on appeal because from the fact of the case there's no evidence linking Adedoyin to the death of Adegoke. The judgement is just not to go against public opinion as he has already been convicted in the court of public opinion. Our judges should be courageous enough to give judgements based on facts and not sentiments even if their judgements will go contrary to expectations of the large sections of the public. Same happened in Akure when the prophet of a church popularly known as Sotitobire was convicted for having a hand in the disappearance of a boy in his church without concrete evidence. The conviction expectedly was overturned on appeal as the public had already believed he was involved leading to his Church being torched and vandalised. Adedoyin's conviction is influenced by the mob

That man is truly a ritualist.

I’ve lived in ife & I heard a lot about him.

I don’t know about akure’s.

2 Likes

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by joefelin2345: 7:40pm On May 30, 2023
felong:
Yourbas and ritual murder. Na wa o.
What about Otokoto incidence in Owerri?

3 Likes

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Banhammy717: 7:43pm On May 30, 2023
Alhamdulilahi
Judgement well served
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Kazeemabiodun: 7:56pm On May 30, 2023
Mrtaye:

This case is an issue of "res ipsa loquitor", meaning the matter speaks for itself.... evidences are overwhelming and beyond every reasonable doubt that they committed the act.....as such any appeal will fail
who no evidence to link adedoyin pls
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Kazeemabiodun: 7:58pm On May 30, 2023
gabbasin:
This judgement can't stand on appeal because from the fact of the case there's no evidence linking Adedoyin to the death of Adegoke. The judgement is just not to go against public opinion as he has already been convicted in the court of public opinion. Our judges should be courageous enough to give judgements based on facts and not sentiments even if their judgements will go contrary to expectations of the large sections of the public. Same happened in Akure when the prophet of a church popularly known as Sotitobire was convicted for having a hand in the disappearance of a boy in his church without concrete evidence. The conviction expectedly was overturned on appeal as the public had already believed he was involved leading to his Church being torched and vandalised. Adedoyin's conviction is influenced by the mob
thank you God bless you the children of oriyomi are gullible people
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Kazeemabiodun: 8:01pm On May 30, 2023
Praktikal100000:

Did you notice that yorubas are happy with the judgement? Even people from his religion and we who are from his himetown are happy. That is what differenciates us from flat headed folks like you
those are happy are dullard and gullible followers of oriyomi the lier
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Laple0541(m): 8:02pm On May 30, 2023
ibtommy:

Content***

Typo but noted, thanks

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Gotze1: 8:08pm On May 30, 2023
Laple0541:
To learn a proprietor of a private University and a polytechnic got involved in rituals with his level of education and exposure is sickening, but in Nigeria, anything can happen.

It's sad this man will end his life like this, I recall my days in OAU, whenever I visited his then Ife Polytechnic on Fridays to pray, he was always in class teaching then joined the prayer later, how come someone of that nature couldn't be contented with what God had done for him?

I laud the judiciary on this bold judgment and pray God grant the innocent Timothy eternal rest.
He must have been doing it. I am sure that guy is not his only and first victim.

Thank God, Justice has been served.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by lawani: 8:34pm On May 30, 2023
He is a well known acquaintance of mine who once asked if I needed financial support. I said No. He is the biggest private employer of labor in Ile Ife. To hear reports of him involved in such a racket is really shocking. However the family of the victim is not adequately compensated. Anybody caught preying on fellow humans should have all their assets confiscated. The family of the victim should be given something more than only education for the kids as the convict is a billionaire.

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Iceberg3: 8:36pm On May 30, 2023
Igbosareuseless:
Very good. Omoluabis no dey condone, encourage or tolerate nonsense, no matter your status.

That's why we lead and others follow

1 Share

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by IGoComotYaTeeth: 8:44pm On May 30, 2023
taylor88:
My first time hearing this news oo
na inside bush you dey stay grin
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Igbosareuseless: 8:44pm On May 30, 2023
[quote author=Iceberg3 post=123475051][/quote]E resemble your pop cee
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Proffdada: 8:45pm On May 30, 2023
felong:
Okija shrine is not in Yoruba land lipsrsealed
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by DOptical: 9:15pm On May 30, 2023
I didn't even know about this case until recently.. What did the autopsy say exactly? If he's indeed found guilty, he shouldn't be let off. The herbalists behind it should be rounded up too. These money ritualists are so annoying. If they weren't stupid & crazy, they would know there's nothing like money ritualism in the first place instead of engaging in a lunatic act. If he's indeed culpable, he shouldn't be let off, alongside the herbalists.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by AfonjaScud: 9:26pm On May 30, 2023
Sltp:
Is it death by hanging or 10 years? The report is unclear

Death by hanging.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by larrybabanla(m): 9:39pm On May 30, 2023
abidem4real:

It is both. Judgement was passed on different counts of allegations. Both judgements are going to run concurrently.
ahh 🥺🥺, why not kuku kill dem once, death by hanging after serving 10 years?? 🙆🙆
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by JOemmy(m): 9:40pm On May 30, 2023
Nice judgement but this still won't discourage ritual killings in the west the act has almost become normal thing over there.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by id4sho(m): 9:43pm On May 30, 2023
lawani:
He is a well known acquaintance of mine who once asked if I needed financial support. I said No. He is the biggest private employer of labor in Ile Ife. To hear reports of him involved in such a racket is really shocking. However the family of the victim is not adequately compensated. Anybody caught preying on fellow humans should have all their assets confiscated. The family of the victim should be given something more than only education for the kids as the convict is a billionaire.
You dogged a bullet, Sad one lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by ProudlyNGN: 9:50pm On May 30, 2023
They will rot in Jail/Prison and Die a natural Dead.
Do you know the reason why?
Before they will be executed the governor of the state have to sign and approved it first, If the Governor didn't do that then they won't be killed. Rather they will spend their entire life in prison and die a natural Dead.

NOTE:- Nigerian governor's don't sign a dead penelty due to the mindset that if they do it, the Victims blood will be on their hands.

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by id4sho(m): 9:52pm On May 30, 2023
ProudlyNGN:
They will rot in Jail/Prison and Die a natural Dead.
Do you know the reason why?
Before they will be executed the governor of the state have to sign and approved it first, If the Governor didn't do that then they won't be killed. Rather they will spend their entire life in prison and die a natural Dead.

NOTE:- Nigerian governor's don't sign a dead penelty due to the mindset that if they do it, the Victims blood will be on their hands.
Life imprisonment don sure
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Brownshoe: 10:07pm On May 30, 2023
Patrioticman007:

Right of Appeal is automatic, hope the Dancing signs it before, he dies on deathrow due to natural cause.
unfortunately Governors don't like signing such, they like signing contract.

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by gaskiyamagana: 10:14pm On May 30, 2023
felong:
What about your stolen Mandate?
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by Majesty33(m): 10:22pm On May 30, 2023
treatise:

Don't be hasty to thank the judge, if the convict is a member of a major cult in the south west he'd be off the hook in no time
Lies, they will abandon their own in no time inorder to hide their head.

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by customstreet: 11:18pm On May 30, 2023
I am very very happy for this judgement. God bless the Judge. I love the judgement. I have not seen this kind of judgement since almost 30 years. WhT make it extra ordinary are:

1. The children education and upkeep was given important attention;

2. The hotel should be forfeited to government

3. The man should die for his murder sin

God bless the judge again
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by YemyTemmy: 11:33pm On May 30, 2023
He Will appeal, case go long and Nigerians Will forget , since Nigerians have short memory. Where is clifford Orji?/
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by HRMK: 11:57pm On May 30, 2023
NEMESIS!
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by DOptical: 12:50am On May 31, 2023
DOptical:
I didn't even know about this case until recently.. What did the autopsy say exactly? If he's indeed found guilty, he shouldn't be let off. The herbalists behind it should be rounded up too. These money ritualists are so annoying. If they weren't stupid & crazy, they would know there's nothing like money ritualism in the first place. If he's indeed culpable, he shouldn't be let off, alongside the herbalists.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by OLULAW: 12:56am On May 31, 2023
LET'S HOPE THE GOVERNOR SWIFTLY RATIFIES THE JUDGMENT BY SIGNING THE DEATH SENTENCE. OTHERWISE, IT'S A CASE OF JUSTICE DENIED.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging by OLULAW: 12:57am On May 31, 2023
YemyTemmy:
He Will appeal, case go long and Nigerians Will forget , since Nigerians have short memory. Where is clifford Orji?/
grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okada Rider Beats Pregnant Woman To Coma For Grabbing His Crotch / Deaconess Yemi Awolola Remanded In Prison For Torture Of 14-year-old Housemaid / Two Robbers Killed In Attack On PUNCH Office (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.