Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima (23604 Views)

Not A Single Kobo Has Been Saved From Fuel Subsidy Removal - Ajaero / My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It / IPMAN Protests Exclusion From Fuel Distribution By NNPCL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by lexy2014: 10:59am On May 31, 2023
Idaytesj29:

We have moved on on that. If GEJ had balls, he should have stood his ground as the standing GCFR. But the slowpoke from Otuoke, the messiah of Igbos and dot in the circle people is inept and incompetent. Had no political will despite all the powers of presidency.

What do you mean by "standing GCFR"? Is GCFR a position?
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by nnamdi640: 10:59am On May 31, 2023
Wambiz:
The newly Inaugurated President just announced removal of subsidy and boom oil marketers have started selling at exorbitant prices
Aren't we the problems of ourselves 😔
The problem is the selection of wrong leaders. A wise leader won't come out to make such statement known the kind of people in Nigeria, now the masses will still suffer for it.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by HacheNoire: 11:01am On May 31, 2023
lexy2014:

If you say these imaginary people that benefit from subsidy are very influential and are part government so therefore can't be arrested, how and why is subsidy being removed by the same govt that they are part of? How come they can no longer use their influence to stop fuel subsidy removal by the govt which u say they are part of but can use their influence not to be arrested?

Like the example I stated earlier, the VC can talk and dialogue with his son, but he won’t rusticate and jail his son.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by emmybobo1: 11:01am On May 31, 2023
Wambiz:
The newly Inaugurated President just announced removal of subsidy and boom oil marketers have started selling at exorbitant prices
Aren't we the problems of ourselves 😔
Even NNPC is selling at hiked price
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by sonature1: 11:02am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:
Shettima nailed it! These is the kind of leader we need, who can say it as it is.

Those subsidy thieves will do everything to cripple the economy, and Nigerians must not give-in.

The criminals will act like they are on the peoples side so as to get subsidy running again.

So many of you have been brianwashed. Every Nigerian benefits from PMS subsidy.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by HacheNoire: 11:04am On May 31, 2023
sonature1:

So many of you have been brianwashed. Every Nigerian benefits from PMS subsidy.

You are right, but the reap off also is enormous.

Why don’t we channel same funds into other ventures, which would be a direct investment.

If minimum wage can be increased with proceeds, that will go a long way and have a direct impact

Not someone importing 10 liters and getting subsidy for 50 liters, and still route already subsidized 3 liyer to Niger republic to resell.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by NiceLegs: 11:06am On May 31, 2023
Truthshscrazy:

Ah is very true💪 o. Confam .Am in Ayobo--lpaja . Tinubu & Apc supporters are buying fuel cheap And they pay for the N150/litre fuel with 🌽🌽🌽🌽 grin grin grin

Lol grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by gare(f): 11:06am On May 31, 2023
[quote author=GeneralPula post=123482999]
Funny enough, there’s no fuel scarcity. The fuel they all have available until June ending has been subsidized..

But all because of selfishness & greed, they thought they should quickly make some fast money..

It’s like buying a fuel at #1 and wanting to sell at #20..[/quote

for once the government need to use to marketers as scape goat, seriously if not they would mess the government, even NNPC is sell very high
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Incredible128: 11:07am On May 31, 2023
E don hook u for throat grin grin grin grin
HacheNoire:

Go back to bed. You asleep.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by lexy2014: 11:09am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

Like the example I stated earlier, the VC can talk and dialogue with his son, but he won’t rusticate and jail his son.

Your example doesn't answer the questions.

If you say these imaginary people that benefit from subsidy are very influential and are part government so therefore can't be arrested, how and why is subsidy being removed by the same govt that they are part of?

How come they can no longer use their influence to stop fuel subsidy removal by the govt which u say they are part of but can use their influence not to be arrested?
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by saysoo: 11:10am On May 31, 2023
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/we-expect-fierce-opposition-from-fuel-subsidy-beneficiaries-shettima/
shut this man down before it is too late, he is not the president. Osibanjo can't this when Bubu never talk.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by BreconHills(m): 11:10am On May 31, 2023
ppogba:

That is why the government should call their bluff once and for all.
Let them shut the nation down for all long as they can then, we move on from there.

Absolutely 👍
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by lexy2014: 11:10am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

Why don’t we channel same funds into other ventures, which would be a direct investment.

If minimum wage can be increased with proceeds, that will go a long way and have a direct impact

Not someone importing 10 liters and getting subsidy for 50 liters, and still route already subsidized 3 liyer to Niger republic to resell.

What is the "reap off" you are talking about? Can you give us figures of this "reap off"?
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by lexy2014: 11:12am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

You are looking at issue from the angle of a layman. Try to imagine the class of people dealing this nation of trillions and imagine their influence and connections, it’s not as easy as you seeing it.

They are part of the government. They are influential, they are not just ordinary citizens like me and you. Let me give you an example, can you go and report to the VC that his son is the head of a cult group? Scenario similar to that. The problem is right from within and not outside.

You mentioned about arresting them, you dialogue with such people. I wish names could be released so you see the class of people that will fall inside.

Don’t be surprised if you seeing the Otedola, Alakija and Adenuga. Just saying, I am not accusing them.

Except you are contradicting yourself, this was your earlier comment

HacheNoire:
Shettima nailed it! These is the kind of leader we need, who can say it as it is.

Those subsidy thieves will do everything to cripple the economy, and Nigerians must not give-in.

The criminals will act like they are on the peoples side so as to get subsidy running again.

How were you hailing government yet you say the "criminals" and "thieves" are part of the government?
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by sonature1: 11:13am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

If you increase salaries, only government workers will benefit from it and that will lead to increase in prices of goods on the market.

Instead, the government should keep the subsidy. Reach a deal with Dangote and pay subsidy directly to the refinery and have it supply to Nigérians at a more affordable price.

There are people whose only benefit from this country is PMS subsidy. The government should not make ordinary people suffer for their incompetence.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by AntiChristian: 11:13am On May 31, 2023
Switruth:
we are not building new refineries bro. We are refurbishing. Your past govt said they’re already owing trillions for not paying subsidy. Seems you live in Ghana.

Yeah, I live in Ghana so we should keep paying the subsidy till we build our own refineries and it starts working efficiently!
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by lexy2014: 11:14am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

If you say that the people responsible for this "reap off" are in government and cannot be touched, why then is the same government removing subsidy?
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by HacheNoire: 11:15am On May 31, 2023
lexy2014:

Your example doesn't answer the questions.

If you say these imaginary people that benefit from subsidy are very influential and are part government so therefore can't be arrested, how and why is subsidy being removed by the same govt that they are part of?

How come they can no longer use their influence to stop fuel subsidy removal by the govt which u say they are part of but can use their influence not to be arrested?

Do you reside in Nigeria?

You should know some class of people are untouchable. Yes! Subsidy can be removed, but you still cannot do anything to those class. You can only take away the meal from them, you cannot expose or jail them under democracy.

Don’t you know generators importers are the saboteurs of the grid system, how many importer has been arrested.

Tobacco kills million yearly but the WHO has not placed a ban on it.

Even in your place of work, don’t you see that level of similar politics.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by gloriana(f): 11:16am On May 31, 2023
Idaytesj29:

We have moved on on that. If GEJ had balls, he should have stood his ground as the standing GCFR. But the slowpoke from Otuoke, the messiah of Igbos and dot in the circle people is inept and incompetent. Had no political will despite all the powers of presidency.
Blame game. Sorry oo
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by lexy2014: 11:20am On May 31, 2023
AntiChristian:

So you mean we should spend about $10 Billion per year on subsidy till we can fix the refineries when Dangote build his refinery at $19 Billion?
I am using my brain than you! The subsidy should be removed. The billions should be directed elsewhere!

Pls what is the percentage of subsidy that the government was paying on petroleum products?

How much percentage of the subsidy has the govt stopped paying (partial subsidy removal) that resulted in price increases over the years?

What percentage of the subsidy was left that has been eventually removed?

All the savings from several partial removal of subsidy, where was it invested?

Why couldn't buhari fix the refineries as promised?
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by lexy2014: 11:21am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

Do you reside in Nigeria?

You should know some class of people are untouchable. Yes! Subsidy can be removed, but you still cannot do anything to those class. You can only take away the meal from them, you cannot expose or jail them under democracy.

Don’t you know generators importers are the saboteurs of the grid system, how many importer has been arrested.

Tobacco kills million yearly but the WHO has not placed a ban on it.

Even in your place of work, don’t you see that level of similar politics.

You saying something entire different. That's not what I asked.

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by HacheNoire: 11:25am On May 31, 2023
lexy2014:

You saying something entire different. That's not what I asked.

Their are alot of articles about the fraud in subsidy. You can go through any of your choice and you will see all you need to know
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by GetSenseNow: 11:27am On May 31, 2023
nairalanda1:

Fixing refineries is impossible under subsidy. You are in essence using the money that would have been used for refineries for subsidy.

That is why it had to go.

Anyway, NNPC is fixing up the refineries now. All of them.
Every year billions of dollars have been allocated for Turn-Around maintenance of the refineries with nothing to show for it so what is this thing you're saying "fixing refineries is impossible under subsidy"??
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by lexy2014: 11:33am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

Their are alot of articles about the fraud in subsidy. You can go through any of your choice and you will see all you need to know

You are the one who made the claims not the articles. If you have read said articles, then u shouldn't have any issues answering my questions.

1. You claimed that those benefiting from fuel subsidy are "thieves" and "criminals".

2. You claimed that these "thieves" and "criminals" are part of the govt and are very influential.

3. You also claimed that the reason why these "thieves" and "criminals" can't be arrested is because they part of the govt and are influential.

4. If they can't be arrested because they are influential and are part of the govt, how come they can't use their influence to prevent the removal of fuel subsidy?
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Ingriid(f): 11:33am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

I've been following this thread from A-Z and you have made a valid point. I am not against d subsidy removal.

Here is my question to you, yeah.... how are u so sure that this particular money will be greatly utilized. U sound as if u don't know d kind of leaders we have in Nigeria. Are you new in Nigeria?
Will d subsidy removal funds be used judiciously to serve d common man? Will our health care, education system etc improved?
Thanks for ur input.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by HacheNoire: 11:35am On May 31, 2023
lexy2014:

You are the one who made the claims not the articles. If you have read said articles, then u shouldn't have any issues answering my questions.

1. You claimed that those benefiting from fuel subsidy are "thieves" and "criminals".

2. You claimed that these "thieves" and "criminals" are part of the govt and are very influential.

3. You also claimed that the reason why these "thieves" and "criminals" can't be arrested is because they part of the govt and influential.

4. If they can't be arrested because they are influential and are part of the govt, how come they can't use their influence to prevent the removal of fuel subsidy?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-subsidy-graft/factbox-nigerias-6-8-billion-fuel-subsidy-scam-idUSBRE84C08N20120513

https://www.thecable.ng/sanusi-fuel-subsidy-is-a-scam-some-people-in-power-making-billions-of-dollars-from-it/amp
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by lexy2014: 11:38am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-subsidy-graft/factbox-nigerias-6-8-billion-fuel-subsidy-scam-idUSBRE84C08N20120513

https://www.thecable.ng/sanusi-fuel-subsidy-is-a-scam-some-people-in-power-making-billions-of-dollars-from-it/amp

If the answer to my question in point number 4 is in your articles, the extract it from your articles and use it to answer the question in point number 4. Is that too difficult for you to do?

3. You also claimed that the reason why these "thieves" and "criminals" can't be arrested is because they part of the govt and influential.

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by tsdarkside(m): 11:38am On May 31, 2023
i already started likin this guy even before he won with tinubu....

no nonesense guy....
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by HacheNoire: 11:41am On May 31, 2023
Ingriid:

I've been following this thread from A-Z and you have made a valid point. I am not against d subsidy removal.

Here is my question to you, yeah.... how are u so sure that this particular money will be greatly utilized. U sound as if u don't know d kind of leaders we have in Nigeria. Are you new in Nigeria?
Will d subsidy removal funds be used judiciously to serve d common man? Will our health care, education system etc improved?
Thanks for ur input.

With subsidy removed, the labour union should be on their toes. But I want to believe the government is going to compensate with a minimum image increment.

Though it’s too early for me to judge. I believe some cushioning measures will be activated soon.

I have learnt to be positive and always hoping for the best. The idea of being negative and expecting the worst must stop.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by tsdarkside(m): 11:46am On May 31, 2023
gare:

They never saw any light, they where selfish and took advantage of the mass then to fight GEJ, they knew the advantages of subsidy removal, but my on take here is why did PMB not fix our refineries before the removal of subsidy, any responsible government should trty as much as possible to mitigate the suffering of it citizens on every issues, but in our own case our leaderes are wicked and dont care about the masses that would suffer the fallout of the subsidy removal. We have Crude, we have working refineries we would not suffer at all.

how many nigerians do you think understand whats going on....??
me,for example back then didnt understand much either....

thats why education and communicatin with each other is very important....
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by gare(f): 11:56am On May 31, 2023
tsdarkside:

how many nigerians do you think understand whats going on....??
me,for example back then didnt understand much either....

thats why education and communicatin with each other is very important....

How old where you then ? to most Nigerians it was just a misplacement of priorities, if you are in secondary school you should be aware of what is going on around you, i started reading Newspaper from my primary school, so I had followed all national issues from very tender age. This Government need to act now and ensure the prices go back it they where and should only remove subsidy when Dangote Refinery comes on stream.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Ingriid(f): 11:56am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

With subsidy removed, the labour union should be on their toes. But I want to believe the government is going to compensate with a minimum image increment.

Though it’s too early for me to judge. I believe some cushioning measures will be activated soon.

I have learnt to be positive and always hoping for the best. The idea of being negative and expecting the worst must stop.

I actually have d same mindset as u of being positive but this is not about U and I. It's about all d happenings in Nigeria since u were born. The Nigeria system is corrupt we both know this and let's be realistic.

I also want d subsidy removed but at a second thought maybe it won't be worth it in d end, I said Maybe. Cos d money generated won't be well utilized we all know this!
E.g if Tinubu has good intentions, what about d contractors to d middle man that d contract will be awarded to? Pls give this a thought just like I did.

Thanks!

T

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saviour Imukudo: Judge Orders Arrest Of Premium Times’ Reporter Inside Courtroom / Governor Soludo And APGA Chairman Visit Willie Obiano / Lagos Judicial Panel Oath Of Secrecy #EndSARS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.