Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima (23612 Views)

Not A Single Kobo Has Been Saved From Fuel Subsidy Removal - Ajaero / My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It / IPMAN Protests Exclusion From Fuel Distribution By NNPCL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by mixta140: 9:55am On May 31, 2023
Redoil:
Same way when the past regime of President Goodluck Jonathan wanted to remove and rid Nigeria of this economic monster 13 years ago, but all you demons in the APC vehemently opposed him only to perpetuate the same fraudulent fuel subsidy then lied of removing it again and again. God punish you. Bunch of fucktards and retards.
Move on oga
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Alphanancy: 9:55am On May 31, 2023
Wambiz:
The newly Inaugurated President just announced removal of subsidy and boom oil marketers have started selling at exorbitant prices
Aren't we the problems of ourselves 😔
Is the newly inuagurated president a learner in Nigeria? Is that not how it has always been? Any policy pronouncements and the market is triggered. Na today? Stop defending nonsense. I thought you guys called him city boy.... City boy wey no understand the streets. That one na city boy?

1 Like

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by HacheNoire: 9:56am On May 31, 2023
ikpumbe:

Another 8yrs of your life defending this guys.

I really sympathize with you

Thanks!
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by GeneralPula: 9:56am On May 31, 2023
gare:

they have to call them all Out, its like they are enemies of progress
Funny enough, there’s no fuel scarcity. The fuel they all have available until June ending has been subsidized..

But all because of selfishness & greed, they thought they should quickly make some fast money..

It’s like buying a fuel at #1 and wanting to sell at #20..

1 Like

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by kennyz247(m): 9:57am On May 31, 2023
Wambiz:
The newly Inaugurated President just announced removal of subsidy and boom oil marketers have started selling at exorbitant prices
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by hadex90(m): 9:57am On May 31, 2023
But are Nigerians this Naive?
I will fight corruption promise failed
Whistle blower policy failed
Abacha loot recovered and relooted
The question remains who are those benefitting from corruption? The same people that wants to fight it.
Who are those benefitting from Subsidy? Same people that want to remove it.
Omo una mumu still never do o

1 Like

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by GeneralPula: 9:58am On May 31, 2023
Spirit04:
Government subsidize fuel for yahoo boys buying Benz and driving aimlessly about and then return home to turn on generator just to blast music for 24 hours straight. Make fuel enter 2k sef
Lol..

See where you carry the matter go bro..

Wetin yahoo boys do you?
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by lexy2014: 9:59am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

It’s easier said than done with regards to Nigerian politics. The problem itself is from the political class. Only in a military rule that can be possible. It’s very deep.

Who are the "political class" and what is the problem that comes from them?
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Bringbackmandat: 10:00am On May 31, 2023
Mumu! Were you a beneficiary in 2014?
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Nobody: 10:03am On May 31, 2023
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by HacheNoire: 10:03am On May 31, 2023
lexy2014:

Who are the "political class" and what is the problem that comes from them?

The brains behind you will never know, just Kike Boko Haram. They are making good money from subsidy and stopping it, it’s like stopping their CONSTANT daily bread.

The import inflation and diversions will no longer be profitable. You sell what you import without subsidy for the government. So even if you divert, it’s still at your own cost.

1 Like

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by CodeTemplar: 10:04am On May 31, 2023
Jogs1900:
The subsidy must go.
If you are close to the border, you will know that it's Nigeria that subsidizes fuel consumed in neighboring countries.
Most times, the smugglers buy the fuel in Nigeria at the subsidized price of #l65/ltr and smuggle it to Chad, Niger, Benin, Togo, and even as far as Ghana.

How can they say we consume 60 million liters of fuel daily?
Let it go and the money used to subsidize other critical areas like health, education, electricity, etc.
how secure was the border during border closure?
Isn it possible the FG employ 10,000 to man the borders and constantly infiltrate the smuggling cartel to foil their operations? Paying 10,000 people N75,000 a month. That's N750 million a month and N10 billion a year. It is far better than claiming smugglers are smuggling so much and incurring billions of losses a day.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by sweetkev(m): 10:05am On May 31, 2023
Jogs1900:
The subsidy must go.
If you are close to the border, you will know that it's Nigeria that subsidizes fuel consumed in neighboring countries.
Most times, the smugglers buy the fuel in Nigeria at the subsidized price of #l65/ltr and smuggle it to Chad, Niger, Benin, Togo, and even as far as Ghana.

How can they say we consume 60 million liters of fuel daily?
Let it go and the money used to subsidize other critical areas like health, education, electricity, etc.
How are you sure the money derived from subsidy removal would be used to finance those areas you mentioned with corrupt politicians running the affairs of this dying nation. So keep dreaming
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by lexy2014: 10:06am On May 31, 2023
Aldol:
A step in the right direction but President Tinubu should deal decisively with those marketers and fuelling stations that are sabotaging and exploiting Nigerians. The subsidy beneficiary thieves including nlc president will come hard on the president acting like they are on Nigerians side, we know the game

How is the NLC president the subsidy beneficiary thief?

Who are the other subsidy thieves?
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Realguyman1(m): 10:08am On May 31, 2023
Wambiz:
Oga no nobody is anyone's problem in this country.... The useless government and people supporting them to keep on being useless are the problems of the country.

Abi didn't u see how Buhari was welcomed to Daura despite all the nonsense the old man did in his 8yrs in government? They even came out telling other Nigerians to forgive him because he is a human being. Is that one talk?

In a country filled with tribalism, bigotry, religion sentiments and illiterates everywhere, what else do u expect? Everybody is struggling individually in this country and u don't expect anyone not to take advantage of what ever conditions that will enriched them.

2 Likes

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by lexy2014: 10:08am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

The brains behind you will never know, just Kike Boko Haram. They are making good money from subsidy and stopping it, it’s like stopping their CONSTANT daily bread.

The import inflation and diversions will no longer be profitable. You sell what you import without subsidy for the government. So even if you divert, it’s still at your own cost.

You have taken us back to d questions I asked you earlier.

1. These "thieves and criminals" you mentioned, are they ghosts?

2. Do they operate from planet Jupiter that d govt can't locate them?

3. Why can't the govt arrests them and try them for trying to "destroy economy" instead of fighting fuel subsidy?
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Powerhouse99: 10:10am On May 31, 2023
Like they did in 2012, when former President Goodluck Jonathan wanted to remove subsidy.
If Jonathan had succeeded in removing fuel subsidy, pump price would have been #145 from #80, but we saw how enemies of Nigeria occupied Ojota and Abuja in protest against subsidy removal. We saw how they tagged subsidy removal as a scam that never existed.
We have actually known the true enemies of Nigeria.
In any situation and events, we shouldn't allowed sentiment becloud our sense of reasoning.
If only they had supported Jonathan's move on subsidy removal, we wouldn't have been where we are.

HacheNoire:
Shettima nailed it! These is the kind of leader we need, who can say it as it is.

Those subsidy thieves will do everything to cripple the economy, and Nigerians must not give-in.

The criminals will act like they are on the peoples side so as to get subsidy running again.

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Jogs1900: 10:11am On May 31, 2023
sweetkev:
How are you sure the money derived from subsidy removal would be used to finance those areas you mentioned with corrupt politicians running the affairs of this dying nation. So keep dreaming
Do you mean we should continue paying subsidies for fuel consumed in Benin, Togo, Niger, Chad etc?

Don't be sentimental in your assumptions.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by HacheNoire: 10:15am On May 31, 2023
lexy2014:

You have taken us back to d questions I asked you earlier.

1. These "thieves and criminals" you mentioned, are they ghosts?

2. Do they operate from planet Jupiter that d govt can't locate them?

3. Why can't the govt arrests them and try them for trying to "destroy economy" instead of fighting fuel subsidy?

You are looking at issue from the angle of a layman. Try to imagine the class of people dealing this nation of trillions and imagine their influence and connections, it’s not as easy as you seeing it.

They are part of the government. They are influential, they are not just ordinary citizens like me and you. Let me give you an example, can you go and report to the VC that his son is the head of a cult group? Scenario similar to that. The problem is right from within and not outside.

You mentioned about arresting them, you dialogue with such people. I wish names could be released so you see the class of people that will fall inside.

Don’t be surprised if you seeing the Otedola, Alakija and Adenuga. Just saying, I am not accusing them.

1 Like

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by HacheNoire: 10:16am On May 31, 2023
Powerhouse99:
Like they did in 2012, when former President Goodluck Jonathan wanted to remove subsidy.
If Jonathan had succeeded in removing fuel subsidy, pump price would have been #145 from #80, but we saw how enemies of Nigeria occupied Ojota and Abuja in protest against subsidy removal. We saw how they tagged subsidy removal as a scam that never existed.
We have actually known the true enemies of Nigeria.
In any situation and events, we shouldn't allowed sentiment becloud our sense of reasoning.
If only they had supported Jonathan's move on subsidy removal, we wouldn't have been where we are.

I agree with you, most fell for it.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by gloryman91: 10:19am On May 31, 2023
Please put necessary palliatives in order before fully implementation of the subsidy removal.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Assurance2023: 10:22am On May 31, 2023
Racoon:
What were Tinubu and co thinking in 2014 when they organised Ojota and Abuja "occupy/save Nigeria" protests based on lies and propaganda to demonise a government that meant Nigeria well on this same issue? Blood wicked hypocrites

That's what the political game means.
That's what pains me most when the opposition was sleeping during the Buhari regime despite the atrocities committed by his government.
I thought the opposition would make the presidential seat got for Buhari but no, Bubu was freshing day by day.
The opposition all went on vacation and targeted to come back during the election and take over power as if it is a pencil.
Much of jokers

1 Like

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by lexy2014: 10:26am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

You are looking at issue from the angle of a layman. Try to imagine the class of people dealing this nation of trillions and imagine their influence and connections, it’s not as easy as you seeing it.

They are part of the government. They are influential, they are not just ordinary citizens like me and you. Let me give you an example, can you go and report to the VC that his son is the head of a cult group? Scenario similar to that. The problem is right from within and not outside.

You mentioned about arresting them, you dialogue with such people. I wish names could be released so you see the class of people that will fall inside.

Don’t be surprised if you seeing the Otedola, Alakija and Adenuga. Just saying, I am not accusing them.

I can't imagine the people you talking about. Share the facts with me. The questions are very straightforward simple and are based on your choice words:

"Those subsidy thieves will do everything to cripple the economy, and Nigerians must not give-in.

The criminals will act like they are on the peoples side so as to get subsidy running again."

Based on your thoughts,

1. These "thieves and criminals" you mentioned, are they ghosts? Yes or no

2. Do they operate from planet Jupiter that d govt can't locate them? Yes or no

4. If you say that "They are part of the government" who is the head of the government?
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by DOptical: 10:32am On May 31, 2023
GeneralPula:

We’re..

This is the simple truth..

Look at what POS people also did the moment naira policy happened..

Yeah. We Nigerians are the problem ourselves. Take the POS for example. Anyway, I think there's a hotline where people can make call to report those pump stations selling at different prices to get full wrath of the law. Stupid greedy thieves. They will be put in their places when dangote refineries and others start operating. Useless thieving retards who are never on the side of the progress and improvement of good policy.. Good thing the forex is gaining ground.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by condralbedez: 10:35am On May 31, 2023
Wambiz:
Aren't the Government supposed to set up Task Force,to ensure the marketer don't hike the price, are we all not Nigerians,what are you expecting
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by gloriana(f): 10:36am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:
Shettima nailed it! These is the kind of leader we need, who can say it as it is.

Those subsidy thieves will do everything to cripple the economy, and Nigerians must not give-in.

The criminals will act like they are on the peoples side so as to get subsidy running again.
that's exactly what Buhari and Tinubu did when Former president Goodluck Jonathan wanted to remove subsidy 2012. They staged the biggest protest, Occupy Nigeria. They deceived the gullible citizens and sabotaged Goodluck. Nigeria would have been 10 years ahead and better by now. It will not be well with the wicked politicians and all who support them
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Mopolchi: 10:46am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

You buy fuel N185 today for your side ni? I no see fuel buy here.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by HacheNoire: 10:47am On May 31, 2023
Mopolchi:
You buy fuel N185 today for your side ni? I no see fuel buy here.

I have modified my engine to run on biogas. 🤣🤣🤣
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Switruth: 10:52am On May 31, 2023
AntiChristian:

So you mean we should spend about $10 Billion per year on subsidy till we can fix the refineries when Dangote build his refinery at $19 Billion?
I am using my brain than you! The subsidy should be removed. The billions should be directed elsewhere!
we are not building new refineries bro. We are refurbishing. Your past govt said they’re already owing trillions for not paying subsidy. Seems you live in Ghana.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Idaytesj29(m): 10:55am On May 31, 2023
Wambiz:

But Igbos and Obi Dafti supporter will not see that. They will keep willing Tinubu...
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Idaytesj29(m): 10:57am On May 31, 2023
gloriana:
that's exactly what Buhari and Tinubu did when Former president Goodluck Jonathan wanted to remove subsidy 2012. They staged the biggest protest, Occupy Nigeria. They deceived the gullible citizens and sabotaged Goodluck. Nigeria would have been 10 years ahead and better by now. It will not be well with the wicked politicians and all who support them

We have moved on on that. If GEJ had balls, he should have stood his ground as the standing GCFR. But the slowpoke from Otuoke, the messiah of Igbos and dot in the circle people is inept and incompetent. Had no political will despite all the powers of presidency.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by lexy2014: 10:58am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

If you say these imaginary people that benefit from subsidy are very influential and are part government so therefore can't be arrested, how and why is subsidy being removed by the same govt that they are part of? How come they can no longer use their influence to stop fuel subsidy removal by the govt which u say they are part of but can use their influence not to be arrested?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DSS Arrests 14-year-old Boko Haram Suspect Spying At Abuja Airport / NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day Even After Receiving Payment / Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.