Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima (23615 Views)

Not A Single Kobo Has Been Saved From Fuel Subsidy Removal - Ajaero / My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It / IPMAN Protests Exclusion From Fuel Distribution By NNPCL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by tsdarkside(m): 12:01pm On May 31, 2023
gare:

How old where you then ? to most Nigerians it was just a misplacement of priorities, if you are in secondary school you should be aware of what is going on around you, i started reading Newspaper from my primary school, so I had followed all national issues from very tender age. This Government need to act now and ensure the prices go back it they where and should only remove subsidy when Dangote Refinery comes on stream.

you dont understand....many only care about today to tommorow....
they cant even think that far that their are people playin the masses....

how could i have known that nigeria is soo complex back then....
am shocked how deeply corrupted and wicked nigerians actualy are....
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by HacheNoire: 12:01pm On May 31, 2023
Ingriid:

I actually have d same mindset as u of being positive but this is not about U and I. It's about all d happenings in Nigeria since u were born. The Nigeria system is corrupt we both know this and let's be realistic.

I also want d subsidy removed but at a second thought maybe it won't be worth it in d end, I said Maybe. Cos d money generated won't be well utilized we all know this!
E.g if Tinubu has good intentions, what about d contractors to d middle man that d contract will be awarded to? Pls give this a thought just like I did.

Thanks!

T

I will have a rethink once the dust settle. I just want to observe the moment first. It’s too early to conclude of decision is favorable.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by tsdarkside(m): 12:03pm On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

I will have a rethink once the dust settle. I just want to observe the moment first. It’s too early to conclude of decision is favorable.

yes,we have to wait....let the dust settle....
somebody said subsidy removal is actualy endin of june....
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by gare(f): 12:04pm On May 31, 2023
tsdarkside:

you dont understand....many only care about today to tommorow....
they cant even think that far that their are people playin the masses....

how could i have known that nigeria is soo complex back then....
am shocked how deeply corrupted and wicked nigerians actualy are....

Guy Nigerians are not just corrupt they are also wicked and evil, because it takes a wicked and evil person to do the kind of things they do. Someone with a conscience would not do half of that.

1 Like

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by tsdarkside(m): 12:06pm On May 31, 2023
gare:

Guy Nigerians are not just corrupt they are also wicked and evil, because it takes a wicked and evil person to do the kind of things they do. Someone with a conscience would not do half of that.

i tell you....
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by XAUBulls: 12:13pm On May 31, 2023
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/we-expect-fierce-opposition-from-fuel-subsidy-beneficiaries-shettima/
A whopping 10 billion goes down the drain annually of fuel subsidies... that is NOT sustainable tbh.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by linearity: 12:34pm On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:
Shettima nailed it! This is the kind of leader we need, who can say it as it is.

Those subsidy thieves will do everything to cripple the economy, and Nigerians must not give-in.

The criminals will act like they are on the peoples side so as to get subsidy running again.

The truth is that, it is only through fuel subsidy that ordinary citizens of Nigeria get to benefit from the corruption that become synonymous with Nigeria.

Subsidy is like Alibaba and the 90 thieves, where Alibaba are the marketers and the 90 thieves are Nigerians, everyone benefits.

Remove the subsidy, Alibaba would find another means of still stealing from the Government but the 90 thieves would suffer severely through increased transportation, general rise in the prices of goods, cost of living will skyrocket, inflation will be the new game, millions will fall back deep into poverty and depression, insecurity and crime will increase.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Switruth: 1:04pm On May 31, 2023
AntiChristian:

Yeah, I live in Ghana so we should keep paying the subsidy till we build our own refineries and it starts working efficiently!

it should have been done since 2012 and by now everyone must have gotten used to it but the same government in power opposed it. 😛
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Greattie08: 1:13pm On May 31, 2023
Racoon:
Same way when the past regime of President Goodluck Jonathan wanted to remove and rid Nigeria of this economic monster 13 years ago, but all you demons in the APC vehemently opposed him only to perpetuate the same fraudulent fuel subsidy then lied of removing it again and again. God punish you. Bunch of fucktards and retards.

Had GEJ got the Political Will, he would have had the Way, GEJ lack the Political Will to drive good intention through...

The oil thieves will want to pull the Country down but their fall is here & Nigeria shall rise again...

THERE SHALL BE A NEW NIGERIA!!!
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Morphinne: 1:59pm On May 31, 2023
Racoon:
Same way when the past regime of President Goodluck Jonathan wanted to remove and rid Nigeria of this economic monster 13 years ago, but all you demons in the APC vehemently opposed him only to perpetuate the same fraudulent fuel subsidy then lied of removing it again and again. God punish you. Bunch of fucktards and retards.
It shall never be well with you if you also didn’t support the increase of fuel pump prices from 65 per liter to N145 per liter but are here today claiming to support GEJ when it was evident that almost 95% of Nigerians rose against the move. It shall never be well with you if you also complained about the subsidy removal then in 2012 but now claiming Mr subsidy removal advocate today. GEJ’s era was plagued with widespread corruption and nobody had faith in him that everyone believed that the money to be saved from the subsidy removal would end up being ‘relooted’ by his aids and cronies (NSA Dasuki and Madam Alison Madueke to name a few)
You are very stewpid for making it look like it was only the APC supporters that were against GEJ’s actions. Stop this childish rhetoric already, GEJ failed and he knows he failed for surrounding himself with unrepentant thieves who made us not to believe anything coming from him.

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:
Shettima nailed it! This is the kind of leader we need, who can say it as it is.

Those subsidy thieves will do everything to cripple the economy, and Nigerians must not give-in.

The criminals will act like they are on the peoples side so as to get subsidy running again.

Remember Ribadu as EFCC boss ,after many assassination attempt had been made on his life, announced baxk then that "when you fight corruption, then corruption fights back".

Same for subsidy thieves and scammers on so many levels to include those who have become filthy rich from over-invoicing Government, using their internal 'connects' , for payment of PMS they never even supplied.

The show is over and of course they are not happy or ready to give up.

Abeg let Ribadu and others join government ASAP. We need as many fearless good guys as we can get to defeat the multi-level empire of evil determined to hold Nigeria back/down.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Alliswell248: 2:25pm On May 31, 2023
gare:

I disagree with you on that , fixing refineries under subsidy is very much do able its just the will to do it, for how long would it take to fix them ? even if they have to change the designs to meet current standard they should have finished by now, and why all at the same time, start with one finish and move to the next, I bet you by 2027 they still would not have finished them

Do you know how much was spent last year alone on subsidy? 10 billion usd.
Subsidy must go.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:17pm On May 31, 2023
Osama bin shittima the president is talking... the other one parading himself as chief commander is busy sniffing cocain with his cartels
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by MrBlock: 6:05pm On May 31, 2023
Racoon:

GEJ didn't have the balls to do it and that's nobody else's fault but his. The cabals and the opposition ate him RAW!!!.

Now, the Godfather, who has very large balls, and whom they all fear, is in town. He bows to no one. The fuel subsidy cabals as well as opposition will be humbled.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by yahmohy27: 7:51pm On May 31, 2023
Racoon:
Shataap!! Are you a woman?
That's a past tense boy
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by maasoap(m): 8:38pm On May 31, 2023
All Nigerians are the beneficiaries, expect fierce opposition from the majority of them. Because as it is, the hardship that will come with this high price of fuel can better be imagined than experienced!
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by maasoap(m): 8:44pm On May 31, 2023
Aldol:

Those criticising are either doing it out of hatred for the president or are ignorant about subsidy matters. A wise and patriotic Nigerian will wholeheartedly support this subsidy removal
You can't speak on why those who are criticising it are doing so. Everyone has their reason for supporting or against.
I for instance like Tinubu and understand economy more than majority of Nigerians but I'm against fuel subsidy removal for a number of reasons.
Tinubu should get rid of corruption associated with the subsidy payments instead of this lazy solution.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by MeineMutter: 1:11am On Jun 01, 2023
Racoon:

Jonah just paid lip service. He didn’t have the balls to remove it. Why didn’t he go ahead when he was opposed, if he was really serious?
Jonah still dey alive. He should oppose the current government now on subsidy and let’s see if APC will listen.

When Buhari was ready, he didn’t budget for it. Why did Jonah keep budgeting for subsidy and paying for it till he left, if he was serious?

In politics, you should know that for whatever you do or want to do, your opposition will rise against it.
It is left for you to stand your ground if you are now serious.
Not even Obj was serious. Assuming from Obj till Buhari era, they have been removing 4% of the subsidy per annum, what would have remained by now won’t be up to 30% of it.

They were all benefiting from it.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Tooreda: 6:05am On Jun 01, 2023
alanto:
Of course. And those that doesn't want anything good for the country.
I trust Asiwaju's leadership skills.
Nigeria will be respected again.

If your Asiwaju wanted anything good for Nigeria, he would not oppose Jonathan's decision back then.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by ShedrachU(m): 7:46am On Jun 01, 2023
gare:

Who are the subsidy benefactors, the should list them out immidately for all to see.
Head of NLC & his slaves
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by gare(f): 7:53am On Jun 01, 2023
ShedrachU:

Head of NLC & his slaves

Really abi you de play ?
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Okwyjesus(m): 8:18am On Jun 01, 2023
Wambiz:
The newly Inaugurated President just announced removal of subsidy and boom oil marketers have started selling at exorbitant prices
Aren't we the problems of ourselves 😔

They are bussiness men. Blame the govt for not using wisdom to act.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by orisa37: 8:28am On Jun 01, 2023
SHETTIMA IS "LAMURUDU ODU-DU-IWA KANURI".
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by ifeco4(m): 1:08pm On Jun 01, 2023
AntiChristian:

How much was the subsidy in $ 11 years ago that we can't pay?
We earn more $ per barrel of oil than now!

The circumstances now is not same as over a decade ago!
Were you a kid in 2012?

That's why this country can never be alright.

Politicians plays politics with everything and supporters support evil because its coming from their favorite politician.
Your Tinubu said in 2012 that Nigerians will suffer if subsidy was to be removed but today he removed it without any stimulations to reduce the effect.

Keep on supporting evil.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by AntiChristian: 4:36pm On Jun 01, 2023
Are you still as you were in 2012?
I don't know what's wrong with you!

Nigeria has no money to keep paying for subsidy! Should we borrow again?
ifeco4:

That's why this country can never be alright.

Politicians plays politics with everything and supporters support evil because its coming from their favorite politician.
Your Tinubu said in 2012 that Nigerians will suffer if subsidy was to be removed but today he removed it without any stimulations to reduce the effect.

Keep on supporting evil.
Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by CodeTemplar: 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jogs1900:
The subsidy must go.
If you are close to the border, you will know that it's Nigeria that subsidizes fuel consumed in neighboring countries.
Most times, the smugglers buy the fuel in Nigeria at the subsidized price of #l65/ltr and smuggle it to Chad, Niger, Benin, Togo, and even as far as Ghana.

How can they say we consume 60 million liters of fuel daily?
Let it go and the money used to subsidize other critical areas like health, education, electricity, etc.
same borders that was manned effectively against food inflow from neighbouring countries or another one?
Please come up with something better to justify a wicked and insensitive policy of a govt looking to avoid fighting corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Pope Francis Threatened To Fire Nigerian Priests (Backstory From 2013) / Frank Edwards Declares Support For Peter Obi / More Pictures From APC Presidential Rally In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.