Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies (24493 Views)

Petrol Import Reduced By 1 Billion Litres In Seven Months / Marketers Move To End NNPCL Petrol Import Monopoly / Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by BreconHills(m): 5:27pm On May 31, 2023
Wodu89:

Smiles. You're indeed not seeing the whole picture

I'm talking about the structure and functionality of the NLNG as against the lack of functionality witnessed in the core petroleum industry over the past decades. And that a desire to make things right is the only rather critical ingredient needed

You are missing my point. The reason NLNG works is because the Nigerian government is the minority partner. We need to replicate this across all industries and allow local participation through listing.

I've seen plenty abokis with license to life crude, import etc. I've never seen a southerner with such. Not saying they don't exist. I'm saying the morinound state of our institutions are the reasons why policies do not work both that policies are bad.

A lot of southerners have oil import licences. Fraud is democratised in Nigeria and that's the reason it is so resilient.

I believe in restructured fuel subsidy so the nation gives back directly to it's citizenry. We can not throw away the baby with the bath water. The policy isn't the enemy, the citizenry isn't the enemy. We must create and model national policies that drives national interests.

You can't get rid of cancer by sticking a plaster on the wound and taking panadol. Subsidy is a cancer that needs to be cut out.

Not just scrap policies from very myopic vantage points. Modern China today was born from a strong desire to build policies to build a nation

I dont understand how you can equate NGN to a country like China whose massive growth came from opening up its economy to Nogeria which has high invisible barriers to foreign investment. It is only in the last few years that China has practiced nationalistic capitalism.

People must allow the country work. Nigeria has been captured

Captured? And you want subsidies and import controls to continue?
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by Wodu89: 5:28pm On May 31, 2023
BreconHills:

Captured? And you want subsidies and import controls to continue?

How do citiz na cope with the increment of prices from housing to transportation to feeding to lifestyle without corresponding salary increment. Perhaps you should educate me on this Sir

See. I'm a realist. Even Obi as a president removing subsidy fast without proper planning is disaster. Sever chronic hardship is coming
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by fineboynl(m): 5:36pm On May 31, 2023
SonicDre:

Fuel subsidy has been removed...save cost on fuel and time waiting on long queue's.

If you work I'm remotely, you can power your devices on the GO 🏁 A with this 72,000mah / 300w powerstation.

💻- Laptop
📱- Phone
🖨️ - Printer

🌍 Nationwide delivery

📦 Payment on Delivery via GIG Logistics !

Call or WhatsApp

how much. And don’t ask me to contact you on phone/whatsapp because I won’t.
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by BigIyanga: 5:48pm On May 31, 2023
BreconHills:

You only have to look at NITEL to see that your argument is a false one. For years, NITEL was the only operator of fixed and mobile telecom lines as well as having a monopoly on overseas calling and even the Internet at its conception.

What was the result? Low quality and erratic services.

On de regulation prices of sim cards were 20k if you could get it. I remember queuing on a long line to get it. But I got it. Today what is the price of a sim card?

Subsidy is not only an inefficient way to manage capital it also allows for fraud. Do you know that one cargo can be used for 3 subsidy payments? Who pays that bill? People who die of preventable diseases and poor post medic care on simple procedures, people who go to university but don't get an education and high cost of business due to crumbling infrastructure.

Look I have an SUV but I will park it and use my matrix. I will do everything I can, cut every cost I can because this is about the future of my children and not whether I can eat Kellogs cornflakes or flex in a restaurant. Luxury businesses will shrink - no problem but this will be offset by growth and credit elsewhere.

Nigeria has NO choice. Any politician that says otherwise is a crook and a thief.

Now is the time. Let's stand up as a nation instead of licking the feet of those who throw us crumbs.
Wrong analogy. Govt made NITEL to bid for GSM; deploy services and compete with MTN, GLO, Airtel… but in this case, govt thru CBN subsidized Dangote refinery by offering FX @ CBN rate and import amd tax waivers.
NNPC invested about $3bn into Dangote while NITEL invested ZERO into MTN and co.
NNPC is the umpire of Naija Oil industry… NITEL is not.
NNPC is still controlling prices… NITEL died long time ago.
NNPC unlike Nitel is still issuing licenses to importer while at the same an investor in Dangote Refinery
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by Wodu89: 5:51pm On May 31, 2023
BigIyanga:

Wrong analogy. Govt made NITEL to bid for GSM; deploy services and compete with MTN, GLO, Airtel… but in this case, govt thru CBN subsidized Dangote refinery by offering FX @ CBN rate and import amd tax waivers.
NNPC invested about $3bn into Dangote while NITEL invested ZERO into MTN and co.
NNPC unlike Nitel is still issuing licenses to importer while at the same an investor in Dangote Refinery

I won't even say $3Bn

Forst FG offered loan

Next, FG heavily subsidized FX

The next thing he wants sole proprietorship to import crude.

There's milk in exclusive FG list, sugar etc

The government is reducing the citizenry to become Dangote slave. And the country is deliberately being made to become dysfunctional for them to profit from the alternative systems setup.

The country is been sold

1 Like

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by ufotunang: 6:02pm On May 31, 2023
Make your refeneries to work... that is the solution to all this problems
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by pharmagba: 6:02pm On May 31, 2023
ijustdey:

https://www.thecable.ng/nmdpra-were-ready-to-issue-petrol-import-licence-to-interested-companies/amp
Why not licence modular refinery?
They still want to give Dangote monopoly
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by nedekid: 6:03pm On May 31, 2023
What conditions? They have started. They will make it impossible to get the license without you oiling their palms with loads of money.
Let every Tom dick and Harry import fuel as they import bisquit and juice. Competition will crash the price.
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by KayB: 6:03pm On May 31, 2023
If you want inclusiveness, roll out the guidelines and create transparent automation with the application to obtain the licence then you'll witness healthy competition
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by BreconHills(m): 6:03pm On May 31, 2023
BigIyanga:

When Dangote and Otedola came together to acquire local refining way before thoughts of building his own mega refinery what happened? The NLC killed it because it was "inimical" to refinery staff. Look at where that decision has taken us. Look at the trillions lost because GEJ and PMB kicked the can down the road.

NNPC is a private company that was being used by the government as a funding spv and compensated with sole import licences. Don't forget that when NNPC took up importation no one wanted it. This afternoon public RFI's have been issued for more importers. Whenever you think of NNPC remember that is not a government entity even though it is treated as one ( this will change) Remember also that the Min of Finance has also been incorporated with about 7 trillion naira worth of assets.

Where we are going is unlocking dead capital through equity instead of debt.

I believe the foreign investors which have responded well so far will show interest in investing in our infrastructure.
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by onatisi(m): 6:12pm On May 31, 2023
lolz , oga please read my post and comment again and point out where i blamed Gej for subsidy removal, read the blame i am blaming Gej and you will understand my comment better

yaki84:
oga allow GEJ to rest, he left 8yrs ago.
Within those years, Buhari don remove subsidy more than 4times...

The same Nigerians said he was heartless,clueless when he did it.

Why Tinubu is succeeding today is because he is from the majority tribe with more illiterates...

Buhari succeeded cause of this too..

How many ijaws r there that can speak for a just cause??

In Nigeria Delta board, there is a member that is from non member states
But in North East devt board, such shit isn't there...

Will u still blame GEJ?

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by onatisi(m): 6:16pm On May 31, 2023
honestly bro , this is a real-life lesson for one not to listen to people too much . the same people criticizing ur actions today and labeling you all sort of names will actually really praise and hail anyone that does the same once that person is from their side.
just do your thing and don't mind what people say , let history judge you

BreconHills:

A true word.

1 Like

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by 02Kebreal(m): 6:19pm On May 31, 2023
onatisi:
In this life ,intelligence and brilliancy is not enough. Without courage , determination,guts and balls one is going nowhere .
All the accolades and praises been heaped on Tinubu today for removing fuel subsidy could have been given to gej if only he had the balls and courage to stick to his guns and maintain his stand then .

Tinubu never removed Subsidy,Buhari did
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by onatisi(m): 6:29pm On May 31, 2023
02Kebreal:

Tinubu never removed Subsidy,Buhari did
lolz

tinubu had already said it that he will remove it , Buhari prepared but tinubu executed it i am not against it and i am not insulting Tinubu all i am saying is that what he is doing now is exactly the same thing gej did in 2012 and he tinubu, Buhari and APC stood against it , they made sure gej backed down DESPITE KNOWING THAT THE SUBSIDY IS A SCAM AND THAT IT WAS WRONG. YET THEY FOUGHT FOR IT TO BE CONTINUED.

now tinubiu, APC and his boys have benefited immensely from subsidy scam payments for 8 solid years, they have amassed enough wealth and they have been able to buy every sector in Nigeria over, now tinubu is the president, he is now doing exactly what he said was wrong 10years ago. do you know how much trillions of naira apc had paid over the last 8 years to all these so-called importers and co? now calculate the payment from that 2012 and see how much Nigeria could have saved and how much development would have happened if they had allowed gej to continue with it[b] BUT BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT GEJ TO SUCCEED, THEY FOUGHT AGAINST IT THEN[/b]
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by yaki84: 6:32pm On May 31, 2023
onatisi:
lolz , oga please read my post and comment again and point out where i blamed Gej for subsidy removal, read the blame i am blaming Gej and you will understand my comment better

GEJ was a leader not a dictator...

A leader listen to his people and act accordingly to what his advisers say.

Majority of Nigerians said they didn't want fuel subsidy to go, so he listened and revert the price.

Once again, Gej don leave, let's face Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by SonicDre: 6:34pm On May 31, 2023
fineboynl:
how much. And don’t ask me to contact you on phone/whatsapp because I won’t.

That's your problem, not mine.
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by LordReed(m): 6:39pm On May 31, 2023
Corea4king:

I just tire.
Our problem is not removing subsidy but channeling it at right source.
If all the borrowed money was channel into our local refinaries,we won't be in this mess now

You are on the right track. They could have channelled their energies it to licensing and helping other refineries startup.
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by Wodu89: 6:41pm On May 31, 2023
BreconHills:

When Dangote and Otedola came together to acquire local refining way before thoughts of building his own mega refinery what happened? The NLC killed it because it was "inimical" to refinery staff. Look at where that decision has taken us. Look at the trillions lost because GEJ and PMB kicked the can down the road.

NNPC is a private company that was being used by the government as a funding spv and compensated with sole import licences. Don't forget that when NNPC took up importation no one wanted it. This afternoon public RFI's have been issued for more importers. Whenever you think of NNPC remember that is not a government entity even though it is treated as one ( this will change) Remember also that the Min of Finance has also been incorporated with about 7 trillion naira worth of assets.

Where we are going is unlocking dead capital through equity instead of debt.

I believe the foreign investors which have responded well so far will show interest in investing in our infrastructure.

GEJ did nothing..leave the hatred for south south alone. Before many of you guys became enlightened. As far back as 2001, Obasanjo anticipated this problem and there was issuance of refinery licenses..over 20 licenses were granted and the issue dragged for over 10-18 years after.

When EU was hunting for alternative supply to Russia immediately Buhari entered. Rather than pursue this deal securing massive FDI through partnerships, he left off to pursue Ipob

Let's leave this attitude of pitching GEJ and the SouthSouth as the weak ones responsible for problems. What tribe dominates the petroleum sector and has refused it to work optimally for decades

Abeg enough with your half truths
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by mctech(m): 6:49pm On May 31, 2023
Importation again? What of Dangote Refinery?
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by BreconHills(m): 6:51pm On May 31, 2023
Wodu89:

GEJ did nothing..leave the hatred for south south alone. Before many of you guys became enlightened. As far back as 2001, Obasanjo anticipated this problem and there was issuance of refinery licenses..over 20 licenses were granted and the issue dragged for over 10-18 years after.

When EU was hunting for alternative supply to Russia immediately Buhari entered. Rather than pursue this deal securing massive FDI through partnerships, he left off to pursue Ipob

Let's leave this attitude of pitching GEJ and the SouthSouth as the weak ones responsible for problems. What tribe dominates the petroleum sector and has refused it to work optimally for decades

Abeg enough with your half truths

Who is hating on South South? Can you even read?
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by OvertheTop(m): 6:57pm On May 31, 2023
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by Toks2008(m): 6:59pm On May 31, 2023
onatisi:
In this life ,intelligence and brilliancy is not enough. Without courage , determination,guts and balls one is going nowhere .
All the accolades and praises been heaped on Tinubu today for removing fuel subsidy could have been given to gej if only he had the balls and courage to stick to his guns and maintain his stand then .

What accolades? What praises?

Stockholm syndrome has finished many Nigerians.

We are made to suffer for the corruption and ineptitude of our govts and you are talking bout accolades... Like seriously
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by Wodu89: 6:59pm On May 31, 2023
BreconHills:

Who is hating on South South? Can you even read?

Oga. GEJ's name should not be anywhere where the country is presently when it comes to negative sentiments. That's over nine years ago. Wake up and quit being sentimental. If it's not Gej this or that. You guys are shameless.

If your Buhari were any better. Why didn't he build refineries and avoid this problem altogether. Or did Emefiele not promise new refineries or getting the old ones revamped ?

Or, did Dangote spend more than five years to build his. To mention GEJ where the nations current problem is at this point is shameful, classless, full of hate and outrightly stvpid

1 Like

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by Toks2008(m): 7:00pm On May 31, 2023
Wodu89:
The bigger enemy isn't subsidy , but lack of management and control of subsidy payments because of infalted invoices.

The citizenry looses alot with the removal of subsidy payments because in this clime, salaries do not increase readily, meaning purchasing power becomes more and more difficult with this economic overhaul.

Maintaining the subsidy is to the benefit of the average citizen. It's managing the invoicing system that's the problem. We can have metered and regulated suslbsidy payment in place with FG placing caps on subsidy payment and then hedging the excesses against Government backed bonds, so short term economic traction is cushioned by long-term macrofinances of the court ey.

If invoicing and lack of accountability is the issue with feul subsidy, then why don't we grant licensing that pays subsidy payments based on metered importation allowance?

When would Nigeria let thinking people lead ? When !

The same 2012 problem is repeating itself. Sensationalism. Assuming that the subsidy only implies people stealing,.forgetting or not even considering it's benefits.

The average minimum wage of a worker can't mean anything in a post subsidized feul economy.

Increase in food prices, Housing, transportation, lifestyle all at once without corresponding rise in salary payments is nothing short of a disaster. Be it Peter Obi, Tinubu, Atiku subsidy removal must be planned and strategized before actualized

In the end, the bigger enemy is the Hausa Fulani hegemony who setup cabals in all state instructions to run them down so private ones are setup to mop up the national treasury. Nigerian refineries and Dangote is typical

If Hausa and Fulani allowed our refineries worked like NLNG, we wouldn't be talking subsidy removal or Dangote

The focus must be maintained. For Nigeria to work, Hausa Fulani hegemony has to die

You get sense jare
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by Wodu89: 7:02pm On May 31, 2023
Toks2008:

You get sense jare

Boss. 97% of our citizenry won't know this. They'll just be emotional they're stealing our money and we make another cataclysmic mistake again..I'm afraid for my country
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by bayelsaowei(m): 7:10pm On May 31, 2023
grin..mumu NMDPRA
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by EasternPrince: 7:46pm On May 31, 2023
johnjose68:

Okay daddy

Humm you are not intelligent at all
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by harmargedon: 8:00pm On May 31, 2023
b3llo:
Tinubu is courageous for ending the subsidy regime. We pray it is for the good of Nigerians.
it's like you've forgotten the country you're in, Nigerians are greedy to a fault.
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by BreconHills(m): 8:03pm On May 31, 2023
Wodu89:

Oga. GEJ's name should not be anywhere where the country is presently when it comes to negative sentiments. That's over nine years ago. Wake up and quit being sentimental. If it's not Gej this or that. You guys are shameless.

If your Buhari were any better. Why didn't he build refineries and avoid this problem altogether. Or did Emefiele not promise new refineries or getting the old ones revamped ?

Or, did Dangote spend more than five years to build his. To mention GEJ where the nations current problem is at this point is shameful, classless, full of hate and outrightly stvpid

You obvious were a science student or you did not study history. If you did, you would know that "the past is prologue" and that there are useful lessons and patterns to glean from history. You need to address your oversensitivity to having your heroes name mentioned so that you can actually understand what is being said. We cannot stop mentioning any leaders name from Tafawa Balewa to Tinubu if it will help us understand how yo have a better union. Your attempt yo shut down or limit discourse to short time frames is very typical of the framing bias that has hobbled us as a nation.

History will judge PMB as it judges every leader everywhere. But saying that someone should not be mentioned simply because he is no longer in power makes no sense.

If you have a point to make, make it but don't go tiptoeing about doing name search.

Now what exactly were uou trying to say?
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by hansomb: 8:22pm On May 31, 2023
This is a good news to any investor. This is a big market opportunity for ANYONE that has the required capital and is willing to invest no matter your tribe or religion. This now is a FREE market economy. We're going international. I believed with more license granted and the competition that will ensure, the market will stabilise itself at the justifiable price necessary. In any change of government, some people become richer and some become poorer. May this new regime favor my business and my family and anyone reading this. Ameen.
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by BreconHills(m): 8:34pm On May 31, 2023
Wodu89:

Let me help you out so you can understand how long this subsidy matter has been going on. Its not about GEJ it goes much further back.

It started in 1982/3 with massive protests killing the idea. Same in 1988. In fact in that version, the universities all had to be shut. Same in 1989, 1992, 1997 and 2012.

Now we are back to the same subject. Subsidy has been a recurring decimal in our under development and it needs to be solved once and for all. Its not a GEJ thing though I can understand if that is when some people became politically aware.

History tells us that there will be massive resistance and if it is not seen through, no meaningful development can follow. Simple.
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by TheMostComplex1: 8:45pm On May 31, 2023
Ebubu2:
Want to issue petrol import license?

Does that mean that subsidy will continue?

I thought we’ll all be using Dangote petroleum?

I thought so too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Regret Supporting Tinubu: Amb. Wahala After Receiving Attacks From Listeners / EFCC Boss Magu Blasts Lawyers Defending Looters / Okorocha: Igbos Will Get Nothing In Buhari’s Second Term For Not Voting For PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.